Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What's a good way to build massive leg muscles?

My upper body is, well, husky. My legs and stomach don't seem to match the rest of my body though. My legs seem to be too skinny for my body and my stomach is too big (potbelly). I need to work on this lopsidedness by building up the size of my legs and reducing the size of my stomach.

Before doing a full body workout routine, I first need to focus on my legs and stomach and get them up to par with the rest of my body first. What is the best and fastest way to build up massive leg muscles and lose my potbelly?

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Skwat!!!
    IG: @toadkillerdog

Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To get rid of the potbelly you will probably need to adjust your diet. Squat to get massive legs, back, front, hack. Maybe do leg extensions and hamstring curls and stiff legged deadlifts. Basically start squatting.

Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Onuld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Pyrite View Post
    To get rid of the potbelly you will probably need to adjust your diet. Squat to get massive legs, back, front, hack. Maybe do leg extensions and hamstring curls and stiff legged deadlifts. Basically start squatting.
    So just good old fashion sqauts by putting a dumbell on my shoulders, behind my neck and sqauting?

Also, what are leg extensions, hamstring curls and stiff legged deadlifts? Do you know of a link you can give my which gives instructions, with pictures, on how to do these exercises?

Also, my weight bench has an extension on it for lifting weights with my legs. Are these good exercises for the legs?

Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Onuld View Post
    So just good old fashion sqauts by putting a dumbell on my shoulders, behind my neck and sqauting?

Also, what are leg extensions, hamstring curls and stiff legged deadlifts? Do you know of a link you can give my which gives instructions, with pictures, on how to do these exercises?

Also, my weight bench has an extension on it for lifting weights with my legs. Are these good exercises for the legs?
    go to the bodybuilding supersite and look under exercises
    MAX FITS CREW

Originally Posted by Bmburton34 View Post
    go to the bodybuilding supersite and look under exercises
    Where is the body building supersite?

Oh, and what is HIIT and how is it done? Can this help me get rid of my gut?

RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squats are a great place to start.

Look under the "Workout programs" subforum on here to find out more information regarding specific programs.

Good luck!

Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pyrite will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm
    Your going to have to get your diet in check. Reduce calories, do more cardio, get rid of the fat etc.

Registered User Big Arm Big Pay's Avatar
    Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Squats, Leg press, Hack Squat, SLDL, and Lunges. They will pretty much all kill you.
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=454246811#post454246811

"Dude...there are ALWAYS ninjas. You just can't see them." - HardGainer82, Clark Kent, WishmasterATM, BPP, poopoo333, JOSEF RAKICH

Originally Posted by Pyrite View Post
    http://bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm
    Your going to have to get your diet in check. Reduce calories, do more cardio, get rid of the fat etc.
    Thanks, I'll be checking out that link alot. You also mentioned getting my diet in check. I was wondering what HIIT is and if that's something that can help me lose weight? And if so, how's it done?

You don't have to do HIIT. Just do some regular cardio. Walk, jog, jump rope etc. Figure out how much your eating now in calories and eat 500 less. If you can't figure out how much your eating, just try to eat less. Try to eat clean. Clean carbs(whole grains, vegetables,some fruit), good protein (eggs, beefs, meats etc, and good fats, the unsaturated kind.

Smokied has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    pistols

Smokied has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    deadlifts are also great for your legs but they coincide with working your back to much, which is fine if you want to work your back, but not if you dont want to overtrain it.

Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000)
    squats
    calve raises
    lunges
    leg press

Gettin My Swole On microrahsheen's Avatar
    microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, so...usually the answer here would be variations of "eat" and "squat"...but how does someone lose a potbelly....while gaining leg mass?

Uh oh...I sense a disruption in the space-time continuum...

Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My favorites-

squat
    front squat
    BB lunges

and to make sure you don't neglect hammies-

RDLs
    weighted hyperextensions
    good mornings
    PR's:
    Bench: 300 lbs
    Back Squat: 380 lbs
    Clean and Jerk: 130 kg (286 lbs)
    Snatch: 100 kg (220 lbs)
    Deadlift: 5 x 345 lbs

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by microrahsheen View Post
    Ok, so...usually the answer here would be variations of "eat" and "squat"...but how does someone lose a potbelly....while gaining leg mass?

*implodes*

mizoufiziks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by microrahsheen View Post

sounds like he'll have to decide first if his main priority is losing that gut or getting bigger legs. we can't be talkin about cutting calories and getting big legs in the same thread now can we. or....can we? =) i'm thinking that just squatting like a beast and doing all kind of big lifts along with some abs over a long period of time would shape out his legs anyway. Personally I'd say make the big legs a priority, losing that gut will come with it
    "Enlightenment is under your next step" -- Masaaki Hatsumi

bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000)
    do you think its possible to get big legs by just deadlifting?
    SIZE DONT LIE

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    see link in sig... (youtube)
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    see link in sig... (youtube)
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=