Thread: Whey and IGF-1

Silent Jhay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey and IGF-1

*n00b question alert*

Just gotta know, does whey protein; contain, create or increase production of IGF-1?

Silent Jhay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bumpity bump

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm pretty sure protein does play a role but I think it would be a few steps removed.

IGF-1 is made from HGH (Human Growth Hormone) and is primarily one of the most anabolic substances in the body. The majority of HGH production takes place at hours when we are at rest and is proven to be stimulated by a heavy weight lifting routine coupled with an enviornment that is lower in insulin. Once the IGF-1 is created, higher levels of insulin are needed to make the IGF-1 efficient and to truely make it anabolic.

The direct role of whey or any protein for that matter, I believe would be minimal but still present. I would say it is more indirect.

Actually to much whey (which is fast absorbing) could actually creat an enviornment where insulin levels are higher, thus limiting HGH production.

PEACE