rmcphers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcphers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcphers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcphers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcphers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcphers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcphers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcphers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcphers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcphers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcphers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is peanut butter a good thing to eat on a keto diet?

is peanut butter a good snack food and is it good to eat as a pre bed time meal with a protein shake? Also how do i know once i have reached a state of ketosis. ive had probably only 20g of carbs today.

adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    peanut butter is good, in managable ammounts. its so damn tasty its easy to go over a few tbsp a day and sabotage your calories. i'd suggest sticking to natural pb, it has less sugar, but its all generally decent for keto.

i would not suggest supplementing with whey while on keto except PWO. many people mirror this thought because 1) your protein macros probably aren't that bad while eating a meat-based diet and 2) whey spikes insulin, which is good pwo so its absorbed properly, but bad other times during the day when you are trying to keep your engine burning.

of course you can probably ignore the worries about whey insulin spikes if your just trying to bulk. you didn't specify so i'd assume cutting.

Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Being from the UK I've always wondered about the obsession of Americans of putting peanut butter in/on everything, personally it smells foul

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by adwill View Post
    peanut butter is good, in managable ammounts. its so damn tasty its easy to go over a few tbsp a day and sabotage your calories. i'd suggest sticking to natural pb, it has less sugar, but its all generally decent for keto.

i would not suggest supplementing with whey while on keto except PWO. many people mirror this thought because 1) your protein macros probably aren't that bad while eating a meat-based diet and 2) whey spikes insulin, which is good pwo so its absorbed properly, but bad other times during the day when you are trying to keep your engine burning.

of course you can probably ignore the worries about whey insulin spikes if your just trying to bulk. you didn't specify so i'd assume cutting.
    If you put peanut butter/almond butter in a protein shake then it reduces the insulin spike significantly.

You can also have it PWO.
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    PB is fine, EXCEPT (at least for me) it tastes so damn good that sometimes even a thread can spark a craving. And with PB you can easily go over on calories. Ie. you take your 2 spoonfuls, and thats one serving...You toss in an extra, and thats another 100 calories. OR You take a bigger spoonful and already knocked on couple extra calories.

So the thing is you just gotta watch out with PB, since it is pretty dense caloricly so don't go cheating with it. Most of the times I've cheated it started with 2 Tbsp if innocent PB, and turned into scraping the empty remains of a jar.
    My Get back into shape! Cut for 29. workout log / journal -http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160856081&p=1221916071

r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    do you guys use natty peanutbutter or just plain old skippy or major brand peanut butters?

bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by r3pnIt View Post
    do you guys use natty peanutbutter or just plain old skippy or major brand peanut butters?
    I use the PB from Trader Joe's, no additives. Not as addictive as the skippy since it doesn't have added sugar. I throw in a packet of splenda if I want to make it a treat.
    My Get back into shape! Cut for 29. workout log / journal -http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160856081&p=1221916071

adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    If you put peanut butter/almond butter in a protein shake then it reduces the insulin spike significantly.

You can also have it PWO.
    interesting, i did not know this! i'll keep this in mind.

i remember trying out natural peanut butter thinking it would be less tasty, but president's choice chunky "just peanuts" is by far the best peanut butter i've ever had. its a different taste because of the oil, but its waaaay tastier.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Generally I would avoid peanut butter PWO, stick to whey, perhaps with a little dextrose.

You can make your own peanut butter. Buy some cheap peanuts and grind or crush them to a fine powder, then mash them down with a little oil or tahini until you have a nice peanut butter. Cheaper and you are sure about the ingredients.

Actually, peanuts are not the ideal nut on keto. They are relatively high carb, and many people have some degree of intolerance to them. You'd be better with almonds, walnut, hazelnuts, pecans, brazil nuts, things like that.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Registered User Never_Back_Down's Avatar
    Never_Back_Down is on a distinguished road. (+10) Never_Back_Down is on a distinguished road. (+10) Never_Back_Down is on a distinguished road. (+10) Never_Back_Down is on a distinguished road. (+10) Never_Back_Down is on a distinguished road. (+10) Never_Back_Down is on a distinguished road. (+10) Never_Back_Down is on a distinguished road. (+10) Never_Back_Down is on a distinguished road. (+10) Never_Back_Down is on a distinguished road. (+10) Never_Back_Down is on a distinguished road. (+10) Never_Back_Down is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Generally I would avoid peanut butter PWO, stick to whey, perhaps with a little dextrose.

You can make your own peanut butter. Buy some cheap peanuts and grind or crush them to a fine powder, then mash them down with a little oil or tahini until you have a nice peanut butter. Cheaper and you are sure about the ingredients.

Actually, peanuts are not the ideal nut on keto. They are relatively high carb, and many people have some degree of intolerance to them. You'd be better with almonds, walnut, hazelnuts, pecans, brazil nuts, things like that.
    I'm going to try and make my own Almond Butter, that stuff is TOO expensive.
    Never back down, never give up, nothing is impossible

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Never_Back_Down View Post
    I'm going to try and make my own Almond Butter, that stuff is TOO expensive.
    There was a post about that on the nutrition forum not so long ago if you want to check.
    And I agree, it is freaking expensive (and natty PB over here too, for that matter..)

The more I go into eating clean (keto or not), the more I feel you need to be freaking rich to do it

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Speak for yourself. With the way prices are going now, bread is like gold dust, and butter is still cheap.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You guys aren't going to believe this. I was making a midnight peabut butter run because I realized I was out, and the ONLY pb they had at my local drugstore had:

ICING SUGAR

As the 2nd (!!!) ingredient...craziness! WTF?!
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Meijers is open 24 hours 7 days a week...Midnight PB runs are easy over here