Closed Thread
Page 5 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY View Post
    And Richard Dawkins is an atheist.
    If you've read his book, you know he identifies as a 99.9% atheist, with the smallest probability imaginable leaning towards agnosticism. A "level 6" atheist as he describes it. Both me and him agree that most atheists probably fit into this category.
    The reason being is because it may be possible that we are all deceived by a demon, or that we are in the Matrix, or we all have invisible purple mustaches, or that Jesus was a demigod, but it is highly unlikely. We still cannot dismiss the possibilities, but given the probabilities, we would be crazy to take them seriously.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    If you've read his book, you know he identifies as a 99.9% atheist, with the smallest probability imaginable leaning towards agnosticism. A "level 6" atheist as he describes it. Both me and him agree that most atheists probably fit into this category.
    The reason being is because it may be possible that we are all deceived by a demon, or that we are in the Matrix, or we all have invisible purple mustaches, or that Jesus was a demigod, but it is highly unlikely. We still cannot dismiss the possibilities, but given the probabilities, we would be crazy to take them seriously.
    Exactly, he's an atheist.
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY View Post
    lol @ atheists. "Oh we need a thread too!!!!!!".

Pathetic god haters.
    You're not being nice.
    Free Bradley Manning.

Friedmanism is to economics what intelligent design is to evolution.

guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up See my sig.

This thread =
    Orthodox Atheist.
    Concealed Hatred Is Cowardice - Henry Rollins.
    "I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men." -The Ghosts, 1877

Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There's an error in the orginal post. While atheism (the = belief) is the lack of belief in god, Agnostic ( nostic = knowing) is the lack of knowledge there is a God. So, one can be an agnostic and an atheist at the same time - where he doesn't know if god exists or not, but does not beleive. One could also be a gnostic atheist where one knows for certain go does not exist and therefore doesn't believe in God.
    Jan 25 2011--- 361 lbs
    Apr 19 2011--- 305 lbs
    Aug 1 2011---- 279 lbs
    Oct 1 2011---- 257 lbs
    Jan 1 2012---- 237 lbs

Mar 1 2012--- 234 lbs

GOAL
    Aug 1 2012 -- 210 lbs

Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Galt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "
    Never forget that Hitler burned Anne Frank to death because she was Jewish. We call Hitler evil. God burned Anne Frank for eternity because she was Jewish. Christians call God loving."
    lol

sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100)

Talking

Why is atheist a lack of knowedge in god? why can't we believe what we believe. If you believe in god and it works for you great. Religion doesn't make you a better person, there are many believers doing wrong just as non believers. I treat people with respect and try to live right witout a bible telling me how to live.

Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sparky3 View Post
    Why is atheist a lack of knowedge in god? why can't we believe what we believe. If you believe in god and it works for you great. Religion doesn't make you a better person, there are many believers doing wrong just as non believers. I treat people with respect and try to live right witout a bible telling me how to live.
    I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I'll take the opportunity to clarify myself. By no means am I saying that Atheists don't know anything about a particular version of god. Atheists can read the bible, koran, etc. just as any religious person can. So let me clarify what I've stated before.

Agnosticism, by definition, is the lack of knowledge about the existence of God. In my opinion, everyone has to fall into this category because there isn't a single person who can prove to others or himself that there is a God, for sure. Even religious people will admit this. Noone "knows" that God exists. People who believe it - believe it irrationally (or without proof if you prefer). So, in my opinion, everyone is an agnostic.

However, there are individuals who beleive that they "know" that God exists because god revealed himself to them in some way. These people are gnostic theists. If you've been able to convince yourself that you are sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt that God exists, then you are gnostic. Of course, there could be another entire debate on the meaning of knowledge and truth.

Richard Dawkins is an agnostic atheist. He admits that noone can prove that God doesn't exist, just like one cannot prove that the flying spaghetti monster exists. But, surely, he does not beleive in either of these. He's pretty damn sure that these can't exist, but you can't really say you know something just because of it's unlikelihood or because of lack of evidence.
    Jan 25 2011--- 361 lbs
    Apr 19 2011--- 305 lbs
    Aug 1 2011---- 279 lbs
    Oct 1 2011---- 257 lbs
    Jan 1 2012---- 237 lbs

Mar 1 2012--- 234 lbs

GOAL
    Aug 1 2012 -- 210 lbs

Straight out banned camp i_am_stig's Avatar
    i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oh hi fellow atheists. I've never believed in God (it's illogical to me) but i do believe in rep trading!! (jus sayin).

Seriously though, just never considered the possibilty of a 'god' creating the universe.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by i_am_stig View Post
    Oh hi fellow atheists. I've never believed in God (it's illogical to me) but i do believe in rep trading!! (jus sayin).

Seriously though, just never considered the possibilty of a 'god' creating the universe.
    Negged
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Straight out banned camp i_am_stig's Avatar
    i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) i_am_stig is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How much hate do you atheists in the US get? I'm in the Uk and i get some just wondering how often you get questioned.

HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How much hate do you atheists in the US get? I'm in the Uk and i get some just wondering how often you get questioned.
    I can speak for Canada, most people I meet here are only secularly or nominally of a religion... many exceptions of course, but for the most part atheism is met with much the same reaction you would meet with if you confessed to doing marijuana, which is mostly lukewarm...

it's tough with DATING tho.. I seem to like catholic chicks for some reason. They don't take well to the atheism lol.

-iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...7494221&page=2

Anyone else find this thread amusing? It's kinda of humurous to see nonAtlas and Shiva go back and forth about possible Antichrist candidates.

It kinda of makes me chuckle, this seems like a story taken out of a comic book.

DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    not much

the people here are usually under the impression that everyone believes in god and that atheists are scabbed, harelipped trolls

so it doesnt really come up
    We're All Gonna Make It, Brahs

RIP Zyzz

squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    WOO HOO!

Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is not the Official Atheist Thread, mine is!!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1524711

Keep it simple, always.

Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by smj5351 View Post
    Atheism is not a belief, rather, it is a lack of belief in god(s).

Agnosticism is a lack of belief in god(s), while open to the possibility of god(s) existing.
    Agnosticism definition is wrong. Agnostics neither believe or lack belief, they just think the answer to the question "Does God exists?" can't be answered by humans, or that we are far from having the answer. They consider both god existing and not existing equally probable. While an atheist would say the probability of god existing is something like 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

If agnostics lack belief like you said, they would answer "No." to the question "Do you believe in God?", and that would make them atheists.
    Keep it simple, always.

Originally Posted by Pnigro View Post
    While an atheist would say the probability of god existing is something like 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001%
    I'd say that if you were able to begin writing zeros after a decimal at the time of the Big Bang, you still wouldn't have reached a satisfactory point in which to punctuate with a number 1 today.

sudanesegym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sudanesegym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sudanesegym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sudanesegym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sudanesegym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sudanesegym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Come on guys- lets spread teh athiesm word... LETS PUT AN END TO RELIGION!

themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sudanesegym View Post
    And don't forget to give the converts hope!

PatrickDurden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatrickDurden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatrickDurden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatrickDurden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatrickDurden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatrickDurden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatrickDurden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatrickDurden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatrickDurden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatrickDurden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatrickDurden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Atheist here!
    Don't just stare at it, eat it.

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sudanesegym View Post
    meh, why? To each man his own beliefs, god(s) and demon(s), as long as its kept to their own. If believing in god makes someone a better person, makes them live more comfortably in this world, and they don't go around preaching it, then what the heck's wrong with that? Nothing.

Nice thread. Agnostic here. Well, to be correct, Atheist/agnostic/confused.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?

~Epicurus

HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sepandee View Post
    meh, why? To each man his own beliefs, god(s) and demon(s), as long as its kept to their own. If believing in god makes someone a better person, makes them live more comfortably in this world, and they don't go around preaching it, then what the heck's wrong with that? Nothing.
    You made some assumptions there, sure most religions have some common 'good' things that non-religious people welcome, like not stealing, not killing, etc.

But the problem is that these thigns are considered BAD simply because some all-powerful fake deity says so (at least for the abrahamic faiths), and not because of secular fantasy-independent concepts like enlightened self-interest.

If the deity can be made to say, "kill the infidels" the religious people would consider themselves completely within their divine rights to kill us. Who are they to argue with the all-powerful deity? whatever the deity commands, must be the path to heaven, regardless of how crazy.

There's certainly no need to have an organized religion-killing effort since that will only put backs up and create confrontation. But we must always question religious motives and expose the underlying absurdities and we must educate those who don't realize these issues yet.

squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

posted this elsewhere but its pretty clever, so here it is for the sticky:

Galt that last one ruled.

DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by squanto View Post
    that's a dumpy-ass museum
    We're All Gonna Make It, Brahs

RIP Zyzz

Closed Thread