LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10)

fruit? good or bad?

last time i went to my local supplement store the guy there pretty much made fruit sound like the devil :S is fruit really that bad? i thought it was good to have some fruit, as the fructose isnt as bad as other forms of sugar, and no one really eats enough fruit for a fructose load that would turn into fat. i thought fruits like papaya, strawberries, pears, blueberries were pretty low gi fruits. but in terms of cutting..is fruit a no-no?
    behind every great woman...is a man checking out her arse

Chuck Norris can make a woman climax by simply pointing & saying booya

If at first you don't succeed you're not Chuck Norris

When Chuck Norris wants an egg he cracks open a chicken

moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some bodybuilders will stay away from fruit when they are cutting because they think that the natural sugars in them will cause them to not be as vascular and cut.

However, if you are not competing, fruit is an excellent source of vitamins and antioxidants ... and yummy ... without popping a vitamin pill I have no idea why anyone would think something healthy like fruit could possibly be a bad thing.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing well!

lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by moisy View Post
    Some bodybuilders will stay away from fruit when they are cutting because they think that the natural sugars in them will cause them to not be as vascular and cut.

However, if you are not competing, fruit is an excellent source of vitamins and antioxidants ... and yummy ... without popping a vitamin pill I have no idea why anyone would think something healthy like fruit could possibly be a bad thing.
    x2 Unless you are preping for a competition, fruit is A OK I highly recommend it. lol
    "Perception is everything. Reality is what you make it. Don't focus on the way you are. Focus on the way you want to be."

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread .php?t=106293081

Official Fitness Fanatic trainwithrae's Avatar
    trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    fruit = sugar

it's not BAD, it's just more optimal to eat it post workout and some fruit is higher GI than others, some offer more benefits than others
    MuscleTech Sponsored Athlete
    Want your best body?
    www.trainwithrae.com

runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People do believe that fruit is bad but obviously its not! Its a natural source of vitamins, antioxidants, low calorie, natural sugar, fiber...the benefits are endless.

The reason that people have to take multi-vitamins these days is because no one eats their fruits and veggies!

I agree that if you are on a strict cutting diet then you should hold back on them, but if you are just looking to lose weight under normal circumstances- fruit is one of the best most healthy things for you.

Here is the fruits listed on the Glycemic Index if you are wondering which ones are the best:

Fruit:

Cherries Low 22
    Grapefruit Low 25
    Apricots (dried) Low 31
    Apples Low 38
    Pears Low 38
    Plums Low 39
    Peaches Low 42
    Oranges Low 44
    Grapes Low 46
    Kiwi fruit Low 53
    Bananas Low 54
    Fruit cocktail Medium 55
    Mangoes Medium 56
    Apricots Medium 57
    Apricots (tinned in syrup) Medium 64
    Raisins Medium 64
    Pineapple Medium 66
    **Watermelon High 72
    "I can feel the wind go by when I run.
    It feels good. It feels fast."

We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons. ~Alfred E. Newman

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121848731
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106870791

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i lean out well on fruit.

from a health aspect, fresh natural fruit is up there as one of the best things you can/should eat IMO.

for most people, if you take strides to increase your health, your body will improve.

frutcose generally has a bad reputation because of high fructose corn syrup...put fruit generally doesn't actually have THAT much sugar and not all of that sugar is in the form of fructose. and yes, because most fruits also provide a good bit of fiber, the GI is typically low (the fiber slows down the digestion of the the sugars in fruit, plus I do believe that b/c of it's chemical makeup, fructose is relatively low GI anyway).

IMO - fruit is healthy. period, bar none.

it may not be the most optimal thing for cutting for a contest....but taking T3, clen, test, ECA, whatever isn't exactly the healthiest thing you can do. so, you just find a balance.

i give fruit 2 thumbs up!
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    also, people at the supplement store are probably stupid.

bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by j_neatherlin View Post
    also, people at the supplement store are probably stupid.
    Aaaaand, if you're not eating as much fruit, then you have to buy supplements to make up for the what you're not getting naturally...makes sense that way...

Wattsup is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wattsup is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wattsup is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wattsup is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wattsup is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wattsup is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wattsup is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wattsup is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wattsup is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wattsup is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wattsup is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by runner03 View Post
    People do believe that fruit is bad but obviously its not! Its a natural source of vitamins, antioxidants, low calorie, natural sugar, fiber...the benefits are endless.

The reason that people have to take multi-vitamins these days is because no one eats their fruits and veggies!

I agree that if you are on a strict cutting diet then you should hold back on them, but if you are just looking to lose weight under normal circumstances- fruit is one of the best most healthy things for you.

Here is the fruits listed on the Glycemic Index if you are wondering which ones are the best:

Fruit:

Cherries Low 22
    Grapefruit Low 25
    Apricots (dried) Low 31
    Apples Low 38
    Pears Low 38
    Plums Low 39
    Peaches Low 42
    Oranges Low 44
    Grapes Low 46
    Kiwi fruit Low 53
    Bananas Low 54
    Fruit cocktail Medium 55
    Mangoes Medium 56
    Apricots Medium 57
    Apricots (tinned in syrup) Medium 64
    Raisins Medium 64
    Pineapple Medium 66
    **Watermelon High 72
    Berries area also low on the GI scale...strawberries, blueberries, blackberries...I believe they are all below 40

Originally Posted by bttrthnb4 View Post
    Aaaaand, if you're not eating as much fruit, then you have to buy supplements to make up for the what you're not getting naturally...makes sense that way...
    aahhh capitalism!

runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Totally agree. Anything natural off of a tree or bush or out of the ground is the best for you regardless of what anyone says!
    "I can feel the wind go by when I run.
    It feels good. It feels fast."

We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons. ~Alfred E. Newman

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121848731
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106870791

Slap yo favorite booty! missmarina's Avatar
    missmarina will become famous soon enough. (+50) missmarina will become famous soon enough. (+50) missmarina will become famous soon enough. (+50) missmarina will become famous soon enough. (+50) missmarina will become famous soon enough. (+50) missmarina will become famous soon enough. (+50) missmarina will become famous soon enough. (+50) missmarina will become famous soon enough. (+50) missmarina will become famous soon enough. (+50) missmarina will become famous soon enough. (+50) missmarina will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ yes..I've never heard of anyone saying fruit is bad! I could never give it up.
    *Phillies*

"That's CRAZY!"~ Tracy Morgan

bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by j_neatherlin View Post
    aahhh capitalism!
    You mean some people don't have our best interest in mind? It really is all about money to some people? (yes ridiculous sarcasm)