Thread: Raisins

SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Raisins

I have been eating raisins for a snack, I thought they would be good, but they have a ****load of sugar, here is the name and information:

Name: Sun-Maid, California Organic Raisins

Info:

Calories 130
    Sodium 10 mg
    Total Carb 33 g
    Fiber 2g
    Sugar 30g (holy ****, this is one box)
    Protein 1g
    Iron (6% DV)

anyways, is this a good snack? I think either it, or the cheerios I eat for snack, are making my throat dry as hell.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd say if it works for your goals and doesn't hinder your progress. I'm not sure I'd personally eat them even as much I do like them, but if you're goal is just to eat healthy, then by all means. Raisins are just dried fruit.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirCain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    but sugar turns into fat right?

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, sugar doesn't necessarily into fat.

Extra calories turn into fat if you eat too much on a given day.

All carbohydrates after they're broken down in the body turn into glucose to be either stored in your muscles or the liver. It doesn't matter whether it comes from broccoli, wheat bread or a hershey's candy bar. What matters is what else is eaten with the sugar, when it's eaten, and how much else is eaten that determines whether it's stored as fat or not.

If you eat sugar after lifting heavy weights, those carbohydrates are going to restore the fatigued muscles and help them recover and replenish their glycogen stores.

On the other hand, if you eat a bunch of sugar before bed, the chances of it being stored are fat are much higher because you're inactive and if you're eating sugar before bed, it's a good chance it's not the right kind such as what you find in fruit or milk.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheNormalMan View Post
    No, sugar doesn't necessarily into fat.

Extra calories turn into fat if you eat too much on a given day.

All carbohydrates after they're broken down in the body turn into glucose to be either stored in your muscles or the liver. It doesn't matter whether it comes from broccoli, wheat bread or a hershey's candy bar. What matters is what else is eaten with the sugar, when it's eaten, and how much else is eaten that determines whether it's stored as fat or not.

If you eat sugar after lifting heavy weights, those carbohydrates are going to restore the fatigued muscles and help them recover and replenish their glycogen stores.

On the other hand, if you eat a bunch of sugar before bed, the chances of it being stored are fat are much higher because you're inactive and if you're eating sugar before bed, it's a good chance it's not the right kind such as what you find in fruit or milk.
    Perfectly said. I wouldnt be overly worried about natural sugar, just stay away from fefined sugar. Sugar is also fine preworkout. Theres no need to spike insulin after workout if you eat a nice meal befor elifitng. Personally, I can't eat oatmeal without some raisins. Remember, theres a lot of pottasium in raisins too, usually 310 mg. And thats for the serving size of a quarter cup, usually I have half that so its more like 60 cals.
    Bench: 175 LBS
    Deadlift: 250 LBS
    Squat: 170 LBS (ATG)
    Military Press: 115 LBS
    Barbell Rows: 125 LBS
    Curl: 40 LBS dumbell
    Dips: Injured
    Pullups: 10 reps @ BW

5-10, 170 16% BF

Pain is weakness leaving the body

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108633751