Tonymayo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need to lose weight, please help ?

Hey, my name is Tony. I know you guys probley wont take this too serious but I actually am very serious. I am trying to lose weight, currently I have quit smoking..I only smoke cigars now. I drink now only on weekends and have cut down on smoking weed and very little acid. Im trying to lose weight and put on a ton of muscles without taking steroids. I dont know where to start? Can anybody help? I am also 5'10" I weigh about 180 pounds.

Today I ate some pizza pockets this morning with diet 7 up. and for lunch/supper i had onion rings and large strawberry milk shake :-) Gotta get that calcium.. Well here is a couple pics of me one doing my good one armed push up Here are some pics of me
    Attached Images

Troydan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Troydan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Troydan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Troydan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Troydan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Troydan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Troydan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Troydan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Troydan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Troydan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Troydan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hey

Yea I am also new here like you do you have any goals?

joek2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to lose 5 pounds

Losing weight is all about burning more calories than you're consuming. A pound of fat is equivalent to 3,500 calories, so if you burn 500 calories per day less than you consume, you can expect to lose a pound every 7 days. Your body naturally burns about 1,500 calories/day (depending on your height, weight, gender, etc.), so if you factor in how many calories you're consuming and how many you're burning (an hour of exercise burns between 300 and 1,000 calories depending on how intense it is), you can figure out how much you need to eat and exercise.

Find out more about how to lose 5 pounds at http://www.wellsphere.com/wellmix360...-lose-5-pounds

Corrections243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corrections243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corrections243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corrections243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corrections243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corrections243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corrections243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corrections243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corrections243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why would you even waste people's time? Moderators where you at?

:: 6'3 256lb Endo :: MasterJedi's Avatar
    MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Tonymayo View Post
    Hey, my name is Tony. I know you guys probley wont take this too serious but I actually am very serious. I am trying to lose weight, currently I have quit smoking..I only smoke cigars now. I drink now only on weekends and have cut down on smoking weed and very little acid. Im trying to lose weight and put on a ton of muscles without taking steroids. I dont know where to start? Can anybody help? I am also 5'10" I weigh about 180 pounds.

Today I ate some pizza pockets this morning with diet 7 up. and for lunch/supper i had onion rings and large strawberry milk shake :-) Gotta get that calcium.. Well here is a couple pics of me one doing my good one armed push up Here are some pics of me
    Welcome to the boards....
    First I'd start reading here. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast47.htm
    From there I would go here and get info on how many cals you should take in daily and so forth. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    Then familiarize yourself with cardio. http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/lemare5.htm
    Browse the forums to get you a starters workout program(maxot, pyramid, etc).

Hope this helps.
    \m/ Hook'em Horns \m/

"The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas are upon you all the live long day ...

The Eyes of Texas are upon you, you cannot get away ...

Do not think you can escape them at night or early in the morn ...

The Eyes of Texas are upon you 'till Gabriel blows his horn ."

\m/ hook'em horns \m/

Short term goal is to weight 230lbs....

Long term goal is to weight 200lbs....

I am at 256lbs. Started at 286lbs at the middle of August 09.

hm

Well I been getting the salads now at mcdonalds to be healthy for my lunch break. Is there any other foods I should eat?

mvlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I been getting the salads now at mcdonalds to be healthy for my lunch break. Is there any other foods I should eat?
    You should really just browse the forums, and read the various threads on diet and exercise.

Do that until you feel like your head is about to explode, then ask specific questions of people here.

Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Their salads are actually worse with the dressing, then their bigmac's

Seems like your problem lies with your diet. Without a GOOD and healthy diet, you aren't going anywhere. You have to sacrifice foods you love (junk food, anything really unhealthy) especially if you want to loose fat.

One can loose weight on just a diet, but I believe one can't substantially loose weight without a diet.

k

Ok so today i ate nothing, threw up a bit yada yada, i think this will work out for me in the long run. thanks for the good ideas guys!

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

hm, Maybe you should read the stickies at the top of the nutrition AND Losing fat section.

You're not terrible overweight at that height but you've got to get your diet in check.

1 the only thing you should be eating that is frozen is extra chicken/fish/lean red meats you have stored away and veggies (and maybe frozen yogurt for cheat days)

any frozen boxed food that is considered a "snack" (or any TV dinner for that matter) will automatically be bad for you, expecially oily, nutrient deficient, high calorie, artery clogging pizza pockets. No more. If you have any left, just throw the rest away.

Onion rings could have been decent but then again they were probably a frozen food in a bag or bought from Burger King cooked in that high sugary based bread and fattening lard they call oil.

Probably the only decent thing you've eaten today was the milkshake but i'm guessing the "strawberry flavor was from syrup and not actually strawberries. Quite frankly you can cut out he shakes entirely and if you have to have them only get a small size which leads me into my next point.

you need to figure out a schedule where you will eat 5-6 meals a day (or every 2 hours) Eating three huge meals a day does nothing but keep your metabolism low, so anything you eat will be store as fat even if its a moderatly healthy food. By eating 5-6 small meals a day you'll keep you metabolism high (since your body will consistently have something to break down) has and thus you'll start to lose weight.

now for the foods you can eat. You actually have a larger palette than you think

chicken (perferrably breasts, lower fat higher protein)
    lean red meats and in moderation while trying to lose weight.
    Beef (or any other type of dried jerkies (just watch the sodium AND suger content)
    turkey
    fish (salmon,tilapia,dover,cod,tuna be weary of nutrient lacking fishes like catfish)

for the vegetables they should be eaten as raw as possible
    broccoli
    brussel sprouts
    cilantro
    celery
    onions
    garlic
    romaine lettuce
    cabbage
    peas
    green beans
    spinach
    tomatoes (experiment with sauces to make your high carb foods taste better)

bananas
    apples
    carrots
    berries
    avocado

water
    milk (skim or 1% if possible

Natty PB (natural peanutbutter)
    oatmeal
    red potatoes (in moderation)
    Quinoa (similar to rice but VERY nutritious)
    brown rice
    sweet potatos
    Whole Wheat bread
    whole wheat pasta

mustard
    BBQ sauce (watch the sodium)
    light mayo (in moderation)
    Cinnamon
    dill weed (and other herbs)
    parsley
    ceyenne pepper
    black pepper
    garlic powder
    and anything by Mrs. Dash

Try to only eat high carb foods (potato/bread category) after you workout so you'll get the most out of them.

If you're not trying to compete, then you don't have to worry about absolute accuracy of your meals The best method to lose weight is to add a zero next to how much you weight (in your case 1800) 1800, is the ballpark range of calories you'll need to maintain your current weight. any more, you;ll gain weight, any less and you'll consistently lose weight. If you're tryin to gain or lose only drop your calories by about 500 at a time. If you try to drop your caloric intake any more you'll feel absolutly starved and you have a high chance of binging out on a whole pizza. I'd know because i've done it before.

this works great for me.

Oh, and so you don't go crazy form the strict eating. give yourself a cheat meal once a week. I bolded MEAL because its not an all day cheat. For example in that one meal you go to McDonalds and buy the number 4 combo and thats the only bad food you eat in that day.

ok, i've siad too much.
    Last edited by Maestro; 04-16-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok so today i ate nothing, threw up a bit yada yada, i think this will work out for me in the long run. thanks for the good ideas guys!
    Don't induce vomiting you'll ruin your eso****us and bore holes in your teeth from the gastric juice.

and you have to eat because your metabolism will slow down so much that if you eat a sliver a chicken you'll feel like you've gain 5 lbs. you're body will think you are in a predicament that has limited food sources so it will store everything you eat as fat.

BTW if you decide to move on with the weight loss, don't get excited if you lose 10 lbs the first week, because you won't do that every week healthily. At the most 1lb would be fat and the rest would be water weight.

Thanks alot for the tips!

Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siegler26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that is the WORST thing you could possibly do....you are better off eating junk food then just not eating anything

works for my sister though... she suggested it.

ever wonder why they say ANNOREXIA is a disease and why it is so healthy?

Best way to loose weight is to go on a high protien/low carb diet. It is what bodybuilders do and they loose more fat faster then if you just starved yourself

if it really worked for your sister she would be dead