Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Meals at Work???

Right now, I have been slowly trying to make my diet as healthy and clean as possible(I am cutting right now). The problem is having a couple extra meals at work around 10AM and 3PM other than my lunch. I can't really bring full meals to eat at work. I need something that is easy and not very obvious. I was using either a protein bar or shake for these meals but I've seen in a lot of threads that people don't think protein bars are that great for you(too much sugar) unless you have them post workout. So, does anyone have any suggestions for meals to get in at work that aren't obvious like bringing in precooked meals? Are myoplex protein shakes ok? They have a nice amount of protein and are low in fat although I wouldn't be getting a lot of carbs from this. Any help you can give me would be great!!!

mwhee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are a lot of recipes out there for protein bars you can make at home without the sugar. I use one that is protein powder, nat. PB, and flax seeds. Can't remember the full recipe off the top of my head, but you could run a search and probably find some. Also on days where I think I will need it, I make a shake at home with some skim milk and whey protein, and store it in a travel cup in the fridge at work.

Other thoughts:
    - nuts - I keep almonds and unroasted pistachios at my desk - just dont go crazy on these
    - dried prunes - I buy the individually wrapped ones from sunsweet, and stuff an almond in the middle for an afternoon snack.

Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mwhee View Post
    There are a lot of recipes out there for protein bars you can make at home without the sugar. I use one that is protein powder, nat. PB, and flax seeds. Can't remember the full recipe off the top of my head, but you could run a search and probably find some. Also on days where I think I will need it, I make a shake at home with some skim milk and whey protein, and store it in a travel cup in the fridge at work.

Other thoughts:
    - nuts - I keep almonds and unroasted pistachios at my desk - just dont go crazy on these
    - dried prunes - I buy the individually wrapped ones from sunsweet, and stuff an almond in the middle for an afternoon snack.
    Thanks for the advice.....yeah I was looking over some of the recipes for homemade protein bars earlier today. So, I'll have to try these at some point. I have some Lean Dessert powder which I like with skim milk. So, I was thinking about getting a shaker and making one of these to bring with me. I would also like to be able to change things up a bit too but I guess you go with what works. I need to be able to get at least 20 grams of protein in these meals to stick with my macros.

herizrtru419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had the same problem for quite some time now....it's difficult b/c people are always watching...this is what I've done..

a)alerted coworkers about my "blood sugar" issue...i.e., must eat or else...
    b)kept my 9:30 meal and 3:30 meal very clean but quick...

*Protein shake with oats suspended in shake (try the rolled oats, let soak in your protein drink for 5 minutes prior to drinking)...you can just shake it all up

* drink protein shake and try eating instant oatmeal made with hot water quickly

*a serving of cream of brown rice made at home...at work add some water and protein powder..eat quickly or drink

*protein and carb in one powder made into a quick shake...this is the easiest...I use parrillo 50/50

*for a veggie, I try to bring 1 cup of pureed spinach with me and have it on either of the two meals...and again, make it quick

Good luck!

smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1 cup TJ's NF Greek Yougrt
    2 scoops of Vanilla PP
    Packet of Stevia
    Vanilla extract

You can make this before work and just stick in a fridge
    "You do what you love and **** the rest."
    -Dwayne

Originally Posted by herizrtru419 View Post
    I have had the same problem for quite some time now....it's difficult b/c people are always watching...this is what I've done..

a)alerted coworkers about my "blood sugar" issue...i.e., must eat or else...
    b)kept my 9:30 meal and 3:30 meal very clean but quick...

*Protein shake with oats suspended in shake (try the rolled oats, let soak in your protein drink for 5 minutes prior to drinking)...you can just shake it all up

* drink protein shake and try eating instant oatmeal made with hot water quickly

*a serving of cream of brown rice made at home...at work add some water and protein powder..eat quickly or drink

*protein and carb in one powder made into a quick shake...this is the easiest...I use parrillo 50/50

*for a veggie, I try to bring 1 cup of pureed spinach with me and have it on either of the two meals...and again, make it quick

Good luck!
    Thank you! Good suggestions.....I'll have to experiment

Originally Posted by smkenne2 View Post
    1 cup TJ's NF Greek Yougrt
    2 scoops of Vanilla PP
    Packet of Stevia
    Vanilla extract

You can make this before work and just stick in a fridge
    What kind of Protein Powder do you mix with? I always end up with a nasty taste when I try to mix protein powder with things but I've only tried a couple kinds so far

bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have little plastic containers with twist-on lids that I bought at Wal-Mart and I'm guessing there's about a cup's worth of room in it....I can put at least a 1/2 cup of oats with some flaxseed and wheat germ and yogurt with a leeeetle bit of fruit in one and I will eat that on a break.

I will also make alot of cottage cheese pancakes (Eat Clean Diet recipe) on Saturday or Sunday and will eat on those with an orange during the week at work as well.

That will count for two of my "meals" during a work day and these are pretty small as far as space is concerned and can be eaten cold (the way I eat them) and are really yummy!

smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smkenne2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kai2008 View Post
    What kind of Protein Powder do you mix with? I always end up with a nasty taste when I try to mix protein powder with things but I've only tried a couple kinds so far
    Vanilla soy
    "You do what you love and **** the rest."
    -Dwayne

nofxneeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kai2008 View Post
    Right now, I have been slowly trying to make my diet as healthy and clean as possible(I am cutting right now). The problem is having a couple extra meals at work around 10AM and 3PM other than my lunch. I can't really bring full meals to eat at work. I need something that is easy and not very obvious. I was using either a protein bar or shake for these meals but I've seen in a lot of threads that people don't think protein bars are that great for you(too much sugar) unless you have them post workout. So, does anyone have any suggestions for meals to get in at work that aren't obvious like bringing in precooked meals? Are myoplex protein shakes ok? They have a nice amount of protein and are low in fat although I wouldn't be getting a lot of carbs from this. Any help you can give me would be great!!!
    shake is the most inconspicuous from my experience...

whey, skimmed milk, flax oil - just looks like ur having a milkshake.

or solid food... whey, pb, oats, little bit of milk if needed, and roll into little balls leave in fridge overnight, then you can just have one or two at a time the next day at work and to everyone else who is so interested, just looks like you're eating a chocolate bar - seeing as ppl only seem to comment when you're eating something healthy, well in my office anyway.

can ya tell i've got this down to an art !

hmmm Those protein pb balls sound interesting! I'll have to try them. haha you are right about the healthy eating thing. People dont seem to think much when you're chowing down on a candy bar but whip out some grilled chicken and veggies and all of a sudden people look at you like you're a weirdo. One time, instead of eating before work, I got a veggie omelette from the cafeteria and then when I went to get lunch a couple hours later, the person who sat next to me commented that wow, I must be really hungry today. GRRR.....annoying!!

Originally Posted by nofxneeded View Post
    shake is the most inconspicuous from my experience...

whey, skimmed milk, flax oil - just looks like ur having a milkshake.

or solid food... whey, pb, oats, little bit of milk if needed, and roll into little balls leave in fridge overnight, then you can just have one or two at a time the next day at work and to everyone else who is so interested, just looks like you're eating a chocolate bar - seeing as ppl only seem to comment when you're eating something healthy, well in my office anyway.

can ya tell i've got this down to an art !

sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just finally beat it into the people around me that I am a lot nicer to them if I eat every 3 hrs..It's the running office joke now..........

we'll get behind, be running around and stressed out and people will say, "have you eaten yet..?"

I like my homemade protein bars, and shakes they seem the easiest. I had bad luck with tuna...it makes our itty bitty office smell bad, even when i through the package out in the trash outside. heheh, I am the tuna girl
    1 Corinthians 9:24
    Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everyone in my office knows I eat every 2-3 hours, whenever I'm in training classes I let the trainer know I must eat so when they hear me opening up my protein bar they don't get annoyed.

sarabear85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    any other girls in here waitress? i have a really hard time keeping on track when im working at a restaurant, not only b/c it is so fast paced, but the food there that is easy to eat, is BAD for you! i try to bring small snacks, but its usually hard to eat without getting yelled at!

DumbMick317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DumbMick317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DumbMick317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DumbMick317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DumbMick317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DumbMick317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DumbMick317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DumbMick317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DumbMick317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DumbMick317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DumbMick317 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I get people heckling me all the time about eating healthy stuff every three hours. I tell them I have a tapeworm or joke that I am a growing kid. (I'm younger than everyone. They mostly make fun of me about eating lean and healthy. I just go with the flow, let them beat up up, and move on. I don't really care.

Today we had a company meeting and my company ordered in pizza. Someone made a comment that could use some pizza. I told them I was on the chew and spit diet. (people always ask if I have an eating disorder).

Just gotta take those comments with a grain of salt. It is very anoying tho when people analyze what you are eating. Soo annoying, but again I let it roll off my back.