Thread: Tricep Help

stompy243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tricep Help

After a shoulder scope surgery a year and a bit ago I find I can't do dips or cable pushdowns (rope, straight bar, reverse grip, etc...) without revisiting my shoulder pain, anyways I have been doing one arm DB extensions, skullcrushers, and kickbacks. I notice my tri's getting bigger towards the inside but towards the elbow looks small.

Can people list a few exercises for that area so I can try them out?

zzzcvbn2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stompy243 View Post
    After a shoulder scope surgery a year and a bit ago I find I can't do dips or cable pushdowns (rope, straight bar, reverse grip, etc...) without revisiting my shoulder pain, anyways I have been doing one arm DB extensions, skullcrushers, and kickbacks. I notice my tri's getting bigger towards the inside but towards the elbow looks small.

Can people list a few exercises for that area so I can try them out?
    oh wow what a bummer, kickbacks do hit that area though...

entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cgbp?

Wilky88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilky88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilky88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilky88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilky88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilky88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilky88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilky88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilky88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilky88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilky88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    close grip bench press' do hit the lateral head of the triceps, as do dumbbell kick backs. However most of the exercises you stated you can't do are most of the exercises that really hit the lateral head.
    I would suggest trying dips on the assist machine. It should take the strain from your deltoids, but you wont be able to do 10 reps, and really pump the triceps as much as doing them weighted. So go for higher reps, with one, maybe two more sets.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help, i just have no idea what shoulder scope surgery is...I'll look it up, and if i can think of any other ways to work your lateral head without cause pain, I'll get back to you.

thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10) thael is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd try bench dips vs assisted dips for your triceps. If weighted is too much you can do unweighted. If that's too much you can just do them with your feet on the floor, and if that's still too much stress you can do them with your knees bent to 90 degrees. The closer your feet are to your butt the easier they get.

As for the scope, how long did the doctor say rehabilitation would take? Did you ever go through any rehab at the hospital? Have you tried getting some resistance bands to work that shoulder a bit? You could even use stronger bands to do some tricep exercises.
    Current Supplements:
    ON 100% Whey: Extreme Chocolate
    GNC P(ricetag)ro Performance Creatine Monohydrate
    GNC Fish Body Oils 1000mg (deodorized)
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Cuts
    Universal Animal Stak
    Lots of Tuna in Spring Water

Still small, just not as strong as I used to be.

stompy243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Doc said I could start benching as soon as I wanted, although I wouldn't feel like it... he was right. The pain was pretty harsh. I had to start off just benching the bar for a few weeks than went up to a 95 lbs (i'm the guy in the corner grunting as he benches the bar...lol), after fighting through that pain I was back to my 225 6 times and currently having steady gains.

To answer your question there were a few exercises I did but the doc knew I would be back lifting soon and since it wasn't a muscle issue (it was worn down cartalidge) I should be fine.

Issue is my other shoulder started to feel the same pain experienced early on and I didn't want to go through surgery again.

I am going to try tacking dips and cable extensions and cgbp nice and slow at the end of my set with high reps, but if my other should starts to feel like crap I want to be able to try a few other exercises.

Good suggestions everybody, any others?

tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i got the same problem because of shoulder injuries. close grip bench, dips, tate presses and decline extensions are pretty good alternatives
    "Lift big weight, eat much food" - W8