Thread: Salad Dressing

tattoo_tearz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Salad Dressing

Hey guys im eating alot of sald these days but i know alot of sald dressings u can buy are full of fat. Anybody have any good recipes for bodybuilding friendly salad dressings? I know i want to use olive oil and vinegar for sure but im not sure how much of each i am supposed to use in relation to the other. Thanks alot!
    "The only thing that comes to a sleeping man are dreams" - 2pac

Epic_Engineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epic_Engineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epic_Engineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epic_Engineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epic_Engineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epic_Engineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epic_Engineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epic_Engineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epic_Engineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epic_Engineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epic_Engineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Wishbone spray dressing, it comes in so many flavors and has minimal fat. Asian Silk FTW:
    http://www.wish-bone.com/Dressings/1...naigrette.aspx

tobymoryr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    enough to coat it

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Try a 4:1 ratio of oil to acid. 3:1 for more of a vinegar taste.

reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100)
    yellow mustard mixed with splenda and a little water. Sounds weird but tastes like honey mustard and has 0 kcals.

silverspring47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are a lot of low fat low calorie ones out there. Kraft Zesty Italian has a good one. The spray on ones are great too! Another good idea...is ON THE SIDE!!! Sounds so "High maintanence female" I know...but you literally use half the amount you would have normally used!

jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Look closely at some of those "full fat" salad dressings. The full fat Caesar dressing (most brands) are usually almost all Mono/poly unsaturated fats with like 1g carb per serving. I buy Kraft (but I think that's only in Canada) and 1 tbsp is like 6 g fat, with 5g of it good fats.

EDIT: Just noticed you live in Canada too, so yeah, you could get the Kraft brand
    Last edited by jawadams; 04-11-2008 at 10:05 AM.
    -You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't.

-There are no reps; only failure

tattoo_tearz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

found one

here is a good one i just found by googling...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Balsami...ng/Detail.aspx

* 1 sprig fresh oregano
    * 1 sprig fresh thyme
    * 1 cup olive oil
    * 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    * salt and pepper to taste
    "The only thing that comes to a sleeping man are dreams" - 2pac

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know this sounds weird, but I like Pasta Sauce or salsa for my dressings.

sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbmarti2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I go about 3-1 olive oil to balsamic vinegar... and probably 2tbsp oil for an normal bowl of salad.

Use more if you like- they're good for you!
    'You don't make friends with salad'

Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by willldabeast View Post
    I know this sounds weird, but I like Pasta Sauce or salsa for my dressings.
    Actually salsa on a salad sounds good to me. I'm going to have to try that sometime.

ssbowtie1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssbowtie1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssbowtie1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssbowtie1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssbowtie1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssbowtie1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssbowtie1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssbowtie1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssbowtie1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssbowtie1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssbowtie1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try some olive oil, salt, and lemon.

preludegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Salad dressing

I do not like the store bought dressings too many additives, the more simple the better.
    Olive oil, vinegar, fresh lemon juice..........
    Add your own seasonings cayenne to give it some punch, theres a seasoning called "Natures Seasoning" it has no msg its really good I put that in it. ( Loblaws sells it) Make a weeks worth in a leak proof bottle , I use my empty olive oil bottles they dont leak.
    Olive oil is fat but its a good fat Ive been eating lots of it and still manage to lose weight.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I usually do 2 tsp EVOO
    and then I have vinegar in a spray bottle to coat the lettuce
    salt/pepper/spices
    2 splenda
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use apple cider vineger
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Female Body Sculpter tight booty's Avatar
    tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I like Virgin Olive Oil, with a squeeze of fresh lemon (not that bottled crap), some fresh garlic and some balsmic vinegar! Its so delicious on a fresh salad.....Mmmmmmm