Thread: Too much VCO?

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Too much VCO?

Well lately I've been noticing that I haven't been in keto as fast as I'd like. I feel somewhat better, but I think that's due to the fact that my fat content isn't high enough. Usually after my workouts in the morning I have a steak and maybe some low carb pudding and some water. Snacks are usually almonds, and lunch tends to be some hamburger patties with cheese and bacon or chicken wings. Dinner tends to be the same or steak.So I figure I need to up my fat content, thinking about maybe a cup of VCO (Virgin Coconut Oil) a day. Maybe mix in a little Xylitol with it so it's not as bad, but I know this stuff is really good for you and it'll definitely help clear up my skin. How much is too much though? I used to take a couple shots a day (10teaspoons worth per shot) and I didn't have any problems.
    ☆☆☆Ron Paul 2012 Support Crew☆☆☆

~Barefooters Crew~|~Atheist Alliance~| ~Yellow Fever Crew~

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by deadfingers View Post
    Well lately I've been noticing that I haven't been in keto as fast as I'd like. I feel somewhat better, but I think that's due to the fact that my fat content isn't high enough. Usually after my workouts in the morning I have a steak and maybe some low carb pudding and some water. Snacks are usually almonds, and lunch tends to be some hamburger patties with cheese and bacon or chicken wings. Dinner tends to be the same or steak.So I figure I need to up my fat content, thinking about maybe a cup of VCO (Virgin Coconut Oil) a day. Maybe mix in a little Xylitol with it so it's not as bad, but I know this stuff is really good for you and it'll definitely help clear up my skin. How much is too much though? I used to take a couple shots a day (10teaspoons worth per shot) and I didn't have any problems.
    First of all, I would make sure it's organic. I heard from Dr. Fred Pascatore (creator of the Hampton's diet and advocator of the Atkins) say that the US eats MORE than double the WORLD'S SUPPLY of olive oil every year. Makes you wonder what the hell is in the oils...stupid labelling laws.

I think you can use as much as you want provided you don't go over your calories (or you'll start to gain). Just find a way to fit it into your daily cals and you should be fun with as much as you want.

I myself am partial to macadamia nut oil.
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A cup of VCO a day? Thats too much. I'm looking at my jar right now and it has 14g of fat per tablespoon. It also says right on the jar that you can safely consume 1 to 4 tablespoons per day. I think if you go over you will be spending all day on the toilet. Lastly.....that can get real expensive real fast. 1 Cups (US) = 15.99525 Tablespoons (US)

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Might start with 1/4th a cup or half a cup a day. We'll see, either way I need to up my fat content so.

jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    First of all, I would make sure it's organic. I heard from Dr. Fred Pascatore (creator of the Hampton's diet and advocator of the Atkins) say that the US eats MORE than double the WORLD'S SUPPLY of olive oil every year. Makes you wonder what the hell is in the oils...stupid labelling laws.

I think you can use as much as you want provided you don't go over your calories (or you'll start to gain). Just find a way to fit it into your daily cals and you should be fun with as much as you want.

I myself am partial to macadamia nut oil.
    His location says japan, not US.

To the OP - I think its better if you get your fats from the foods you eat (like fatty meat/eggs) than to supplement with extra. Butter is also always a tasty option (compared to drinking oil which is pretty nasty)

Originally Posted by jg_girl088 View Post

To the OP - I think its better if you get your fats from the foods you eat (like fatty meat/eggs) than to supplement with extra. Butter is also always a tasty option (compared to drinking oil which is pretty nasty)
    Well I do eat butter, steak and eggs all the time. I just like VCO, I'd like to keep my fat content high and I think I'm not getting enough. I'm in Japan, but I'm an American. The coconut oil I take is organic, probably some of the best stuff out there.

afh5073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afh5073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afh5073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afh5073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afh5073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afh5073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afh5073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afh5073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afh5073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afh5073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afh5073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ugh I can hardly get down a spoonful by itself. how do you do it? I don't consider myself picky about any food but something about vco I can't seem to do it straight without wanting to gag. I could eat a stick of butter before eating straight coconut oil.

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jg_girl088 View Post
    I was just using that as an example to say that there's isn't as much oil as there claims to be.
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Originally Posted by afh5073 View Post
    ugh I can hardly get down a spoonful by itself. how do you do it? I don't consider myself picky about any food but something about vco I can't seem to do it straight without wanting to gag. I could eat a stick of butter before eating straight coconut oil.
    You're talking to the guy who used to take shots of Olive Oil. Don't do that, that stuff burns like crazy. Coconut oil is much better, it works better if you heat it up some so it becomes thinner. Usually I have to take half a shot first, then down the other half otherwise I gag. It never goes away, you just get used to it. If you shoot it down fast enough though you don't have any feeling whatsoever.

Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have 35gm whey, 2 heaping mounds of extra virgin cocnut oil, and some hot water for a breakfast shake. it's a 2:1, fatrotein meal. sometimes if i don't have time for real food, i'll have one pwo. i also just eat a spoonful before a workout or run and it gives me the fuel i need to not rely on carbs.
    i wish we could have avatars.

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why not just have a cup of coffee with 2 tblspn EVCO and some heavy cream pre-wo for fuel ?
    or double it up preWO
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones