Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Survey says men prefer size 14 to size 8

As I'm often trying to convince women here that they don't need to aim to be so skinny, I thought I'd post link to this story I just read

http://www.thevine.com.au/news/news/...en:apr08:apr09

Fellas, read no further. In the area of new information, this story is slim.

There has been a survey and it tells you what you already know: when it comes to women, the vast majority of blokes prefer them well rounded.

It seems their ideal girlfriends are pneumatic, not flat-tyred. They'd rather negotiate sweeping curves than sharp shoulders.

They like women buxom, bosomy and bountiful.

According to the figures, the jury is in: men will choose a Rubenesque size 14 over a stick-figure size 8 when it comes to their ideal woman.

Admittedly, the science could be seen as somewhat superficial.

It is based on an online survey ? not the most accurate means of obtaining information ? of 60,000 men conducted by laddish men's magazine FHM. The relevant issue is published tomorrow. The mag found that when shown pictures of three bikini-clad models, four out of five men said they were more attracted to the size 12 and size 14 models than the model who was a slimmer size 8.

The majority of votes went to the size 12 woman, with 41% saying that she had the body shape of their "ideal girlfriend". Almost as many men voted for the Nigella Lawson-esque size 14 model.

"A piddling 20% of readers selected our size eight model pictured as their ideal girl-physique," wrote FHM editor Ben Smithurst.

"Which proves one thing, ladies: crack a beer, hoe into a hamburger and we'll love you just as much." Or maybe even more.

Body image experts take a less superficial view of the so-called research, but admit that it carries some, well, weight.

Professor Marika Tiggemann from Flinders University said that the results supported academic research on the topic. "We find women want to be thinner than what men find attractive," she said. "Men's idea of what is 'thin' is larger than that of women. Unfortunately, a lot of people think being thin demonstrates being in control or being disciplined, while being fat is a sign you're weak."

The editor of women's magazine Cleo, Nedahl Stelio, said that most women did not diet for men but for other women.

"Most men I know would go for more boob over thinner thighs, but women, by nature, are competitive with other women," Stelio said.

"And if the society and celebrity ideal is thin, that's what she's going to aspire to, just to get one up on other women."

However, such surveys were far more damaging to women than they were helpful, according to Julie Thomson, general manager of eating disorders and body image campaigners the Butterfly Foundation.

"It objectifies women and it still is perpetuating this ideal that men do look at women externally only," Ms Thomson said.

"There is just far too much importance placed on size when you should be looking at a whole range of other aspects.

"From our perspective as an eating disorder foundation, those sorts of surveys are an issue because they are centred around judging people based on what size they are and it is a really unhealthy way to judge or view people."

She said that women embarked on extreme diets or developed eating disorders for a number of reasons, and it was oversimplistic to attribute such behaviour to a bid to appeal to the opposite sex.

"People develop eating disorders for a wide variety of reasons, including low self-esteem and family history of depressive illness," she said.

"It is very, very complex and it is certainly not just brought about because some people desire to be thin in some sort of effort to attract men."

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    As I'm often trying to convince women here that they don't need to aim to be so skinny, I thought I'd post link to this story I just read

http://www.thevine.com.au/news/news/...en:apr08:apr09

Fellas, read no further. In the area of new information, this story is slim.

There has been a survey and it tells you what you already know: when it comes to women, the vast majority of blokes prefer them well rounded.

It seems their ideal girlfriends are pneumatic, not flat-tyred. They'd rather negotiate sweeping curves than sharp shoulders.

They like women buxom, bosomy and bountiful.

According to the figures, the jury is in: men will choose a Rubenesque size 14 over a stick-figure size 8 when it comes to their ideal woman.

Admittedly, the science could be seen as somewhat superficial.

It is based on an online survey ? not the most accurate means of obtaining information ? of 60,000 men conducted by laddish men's magazine FHM. The relevant issue is published tomorrow. The mag found that when shown pictures of three bikini-clad models, four out of five men said they were more attracted to the size 12 and size 14 models than the model who was a slimmer size 8.

The majority of votes went to the size 12 woman, with 41% saying that she had the body shape of their "ideal girlfriend". Almost as many men voted for the Nigella Lawson-esque size 14 model.

"A piddling 20% of readers selected our size eight model pictured as their ideal girl-physique," wrote FHM editor Ben Smithurst.

"Which proves one thing, ladies: crack a beer, hoe into a hamburger and we'll love you just as much." Or maybe even more.

Body image experts take a less superficial view of the so-called research, but admit that it carries some, well, weight.

Professor Marika Tiggemann from Flinders University said that the results supported academic research on the topic. "We find women want to be thinner than what men find attractive," she said. "Men's idea of what is 'thin' is larger than that of women. Unfortunately, a lot of people think being thin demonstrates being in control or being disciplined, while being fat is a sign you're weak."

The editor of women's magazine Cleo, Nedahl Stelio, said that most women did not diet for men but for other women.

"Most men I know would go for more boob over thinner thighs, but women, by nature, are competitive with other women," Stelio said.

"And if the society and celebrity ideal is thin, that's what she's going to aspire to, just to get one up on other women."

However, such surveys were far more damaging to women than they were helpful, according to Julie Thomson, general manager of eating disorders and body image campaigners the Butterfly Foundation.

"It objectifies women and it still is perpetuating this ideal that men do look at women externally only," Ms Thomson said.

"There is just far too much importance placed on size when you should be looking at a whole range of other aspects.

"From our perspective as an eating disorder foundation, those sorts of surveys are an issue because they are centred around judging people based on what size they are and it is a really unhealthy way to judge or view people."

She said that women embarked on extreme diets or developed eating disorders for a number of reasons, and it was oversimplistic to attribute such behaviour to a bid to appeal to the opposite sex.

"People develop eating disorders for a wide variety of reasons, including low self-esteem and family history of depressive illness," she said.

"It is very, very complex and it is certainly not just brought about because some people desire to be thin in some sort of effort to attract men."
    thick & voluptuous > skinny and boney anyday.

A 14 is prolly too big, but 8-10 who are tight with low body fat are juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut right.
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000)
    ive come to love this truth after many a talk with the blokes. I think its more true in America tho, they loved me there, here guys are more superfical generally.
    It used to piss me off back in the day when they would go for my skinny boney friend who would never talk or do anything over me, who was never big but was more one of the guys and would do whatever and have fun
    but i think as you get older things get better.

i love my butt, would hate not to have one.

pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In that pic, I would choose the girl in the middle.

goyongj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a small girl friend and she was about 165cm
    she wore 0~2. I sometimes called her 'you are chubby' just to tease her.
    In my standard (asian), unless you are athletic or tall, over 6 is chubby
    (I know many famous women's brands in asia don't even produce clothes over size 8 so...)
    Last edited by goyongj; 04-09-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Jeasus_Christ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeasus_Christ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeasus_Christ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeasus_Christ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeasus_Christ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeasus_Christ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeasus_Christ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeasus_Christ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeasus_Christ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeasus_Christ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeasus_Christ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    damn right i LOVE big women thick juicy legs, thighs, huge cellulite filled ass.....in my school thats what all the guys want im sick of seeing so many skinny girls trying to mimic models

gynoid will become famous soon enough. (+50) gynoid will become famous soon enough. (+50) gynoid will become famous soon enough. (+50) gynoid will become famous soon enough. (+50) gynoid will become famous soon enough. (+50) gynoid will become famous soon enough. (+50) gynoid will become famous soon enough. (+50) gynoid will become famous soon enough. (+50) gynoid will become famous soon enough. (+50) gynoid will become famous soon enough. (+50) gynoid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's an Australian website - so size 14 mentioned in the article roughly equals size 10 US.

14 is the average size in Australia these days I think.
    Last edited by gynoid; 04-09-2008 at 09:29 PM.

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It is the most ironic thing that FHM magazine writes an article about size 14 women and about women being "competitive" against each other and striving to be thin....

Have you looked at their magazine? Or even their "girls" section on their website? I don't see one size 14 girl...lol.... When they stop promoting airbrushed thin girls with huge boobs, then I will maybe consider taking their advice
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SexyChic View Post
    It is the most ironic thing that FHM magazine writes an article about size 14 women and about women being "competitive" against each other and striving to be thin....

Have you looked at their magazine? Or even their "girls" section on their website? I don't see one size 14 girl...lol.... When they stop promoting airbrushed thin girls with huge boobs, then I will maybe consider taking their advice
    In a poll of Npeart it was revealed he prefers Sexychic's body over all others

discuss. . .

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

lol
    Well, come on. The girl has it all. I mean peep that bodyspace.

I would NOT throw her out of bed for eating crackers people. . . I mean, seriously.

Originally Posted by Npeart View Post
    Well, come on. The girl has it all. I mean peep that bodyspace.

I would NOT throw her out of bed for eating crackers people. . . I mean, seriously.

=X Don't look! I'm not size 14!!!
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

=X Don't look! I'm not size 14!!!
    I don't care what size you are, MJ.

4 or 40. You look like that, Npeart is buying dinner!

danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

AU Size 8= US Size 6
    AU Size 12= US Size 10
    AU Size 14= Size 12

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The numbers don't mean anything anyways, it depends which store you shop in. In the stores I shop in, I'm a size 8. Those pictures shown at that link are clearly photoshopped (and whatever other pictures they showed them), so I don't see how it's a valid question. If I gain 15 lbs, I'd have a LOT of cellulite, and it wouldn't be pretty.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    The numbers don't mean anything anyways, it depends which store you shop in. In the stores I shop in, I'm a size 8. Those pictures shown at that link are clearly photoshopped (and whatever other pictures they showed them), so I don't see how it's a valid question. If I gain 15 lbs, I'd have a LOT of cellulite, and it wouldn't be pretty.
    That's what I was thinking...If I were as large as the largest model I'd have some rolls adn cellulite going on that aren't depicted in that picture. Of course, they neglected to say how TALL is that person is supposed to be. Size 14 on someone who is 5'7" is gonna look a lot different than a size 14 on someone my size.

And a lot of it also has to do with body shape. Take that same Size 14 or size 10 (depending on which country's size chart we're using ) and make her an apple shape instead of the hourglass shape depicted and it's not gonna be such a pretty sight, even if she somehow does manage to look airbrushed beyond cellulite and fat rolls.

swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when bulking, i'd prefer to be w/ the girl on the right.
    when cutting, i'd prefer to be with the one on the left.

when at a club, drunk, would like to pick up teh girl in the middle. (bragging rights)

ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't really care what "men" chose as most visually attractive. I do it for me
    "My mummy loves protein" sung, LOUDLY, by 3yo daughter while shopping!!!

Come visit my journal at - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1554851

MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Npeart View Post
    thick & voluptuous > skinny and boney anyday.

A 14 is prolly too big, but 8-10 who are tight with low body fat are juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut right.
    ya'll need to take into account the regional differnces in clothes sizes

UK 8=US 4

UK 14= US 10
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

part of DA...keep it on the QT

skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    ya'll need to take into account the regional differnces in clothes sizes

UK 8=US 4

UK 14= US 10
    + Vanity sizing in some rather overpriced department stores.

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can be fit and still have curves. But anyways, at the end of the day i do it for myself too. My man finds me attractive loves how i am so i'm all good there. Studies like this are going to confuse girls with body image problems even more!

But ya, i'm striving to reach my ideal, if you don't find me attractive, that's fine! Becuase i'm sure I appeal to many others, and I'm not trying to appeal to majority of the male public anyways. If my man is happy with my body type as well as the whole package, that's perfect, becuase that's what i'm looking for anyway. I should be attractive for more reasons than my pants size, etc. I like someone who wants me for ME, not just a smokin' body by their definition.

Sorry, kinda babbled on there

pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Psh! I didn't have curves to begin with. I'm building myself a bootay and some curves.

Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Agree 100% with the article, as would most of my mates.

Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I clicked on the link and have no idea why I was surprised that none of the models have any sort of so-called "muscle tone" whatsoever. Not that the average woman wants to be a bodybuilder any more than I want to be some stick-thin runway model, but at least show the option of even *minor* athleticism if we're going to be subjecting women to an objectifying review! (And it would be just as objectifying if it was three men compared--I'm just using the term in the sense of viewing someone merely as a body.)

It's like the majority of the world only sees three options and three body shapes: not everyone is an hourglass, or even a pear shape, or a carrot shape. And it was mentioned already that we don't know how tall these women are, so it's really not fair to list some "ideal size" since a 6'1" woman could never dream of wearing the clothes a 4'9" woman would--and why would she want to? Curves or the lack thereof are all beauty in the eye of the beholder; I think a more accurate survey would ask men how *healthy* they want their women to be, as ephemeral to clarify as that might sound.

Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Although, since I don't want to overlook this either, it was thoughtful of the OP to post the link with the hopes of letting women know (if that is their only motivation--which it may be for one or two, I don't know) that many men dislike the super-scary-skinny model look. There are plenty of girls out there suffering from ED because of trying to attain to that look so if this link helps them get another perspective somehow, then great. But in the broader scheme of things, I think more issues are involved, hence my earlier reply.

ffrosti is on a distinguished road. (+10) ffrosti is on a distinguished road. (+10) ffrosti is on a distinguished road. (+10) ffrosti is on a distinguished road. (+10) ffrosti is on a distinguished road. (+10) ffrosti is on a distinguished road. (+10) ffrosti is on a distinguished road. (+10) ffrosti is on a distinguished road. (+10) ffrosti is on a distinguished road. (+10) ffrosti is on a distinguished road. (+10) ffrosti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Uh was it ever considered that the bigger boobs on model #2 and #3 trumped the smaller physique of model#1. (A substaintional difference -- go back and look).

Hate if it was true but you have to wonder...

I am a size 4 US and StILL have cellulite! (but going away because I am cutting now) Trust me, no one would want to see me at size 10 US.
    "Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity." Louis Pasteur

ozfiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ozfiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ozfiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ozfiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ozfiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ozfiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ozfiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ozfiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ozfiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ozfiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ozfiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Clothing sizes are lame. Not sure where to find the 'standard size' anymore. Stores like hollister only carry up to a size 11, which I am now too 'large' for. Hennnnce why I will no longer be shopping at clothing companies marketed for underdeveloped pre teens Bone structure and height is also a huge factor, obviously.

All in all though, what is most important is that you are comfortable in your own skin, not trying to be the ideal, as large or small as that may be...
    Everything you want in life is just outside of your comfort zone.

MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ozfiz View Post
    Clothing sizes are lame. Not sure where to find the 'standard size' anymore. Stores like hollister only carry up to a size 11, which I am now too 'large' for. Hennnnce why I will no longer be shopping at clothing companies marketed for underdeveloped pre teens Bone structure and height is also a huge factor, obviously.

hehe, I've already "blacklisted" a couple of clothes shops because their fit can't accomodate my arms and shooulders without making me look beefy. I'm not even at my goal weight/size yet, lol!
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

part of DA...keep it on the QT

Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think that article is crap.

For one, everyone is different.... Different guys have different tastes, and different women pull of different sizes/shapes better.

For two, I know tons of guys that say they like curvy women who aren't too skinny, but guess what- those curvy women *are* skinny. If you look at the girls that most men drool over, they are skinny and probably no where close to a US 10 (look in the Misc for proof).

Thirdly, I am sure that all of the women here (and most others) strive for an appearance that they will be satisfied with, not just whatever look will catch the most attention from the most men.

wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Survey says:

Who made it your job to convince women how they should look?

Believe it or not many women do NOT have impressing men as the #1 thing on their minds when they work out... in fact, it might not even be on their minds at all (no hetero).

Yes, beautiful women come in all shapes and sizes, but they also don't need men pressuring them to look exactly how they want them to.

I don't see women going into the mens forum and posting about how big muscleheads are unappealing and all the guys should stop caring about their muscles and start watching romantic comedies and taking fashion advice from the Queer Guys.

Seriously, if you think we should all conform to what the "majority" of the opposite sex thinks, go post a picture of yourself. Then we can all critique the hell out of you and tell you how unappealing you are to 99% of the world. Jeez.