Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    no..dude was really wack in a lot of ways.

He told me not to pet his dog because I was getting dirt on the dogs fur and he had to brush him etc. So I go to let the dog out for a few minutes when dude was out of town one weekend and the dog ran out into the yard and found a pile of sh^t and rolled around happily in it.

I call that poetic justice
    LOL!!! oh he's just anal retentive
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As someone who was formally chubby to someone who is not so chubby....I get a heck of a lot more attention from men now that I have dropped 13 pounds. Guys hitting on me in the grocery store (with all 3 of my boys mind you!) and guys just being nicer in general. It kind of makes me mad. Inside I am thinking if I were fatter you would not be doing this for me! The only other time I got this kind of attention was with my pregnancies when my boobs looked like 2 cantaloupes! (you'd be surprised how many guys can't look past your huge boobs to see that your stomach looks like you just swallowed a basketball).

I agree with Swole. There definitely was a hot plus size model handing out the surveys.

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It says that it was an online survey.
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SexyChic View Post
    It says that it was an online survey.
    Well, there goes that theory!

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dangerousd37 View Post
    I think that the article is full of maure. If a guy honestly had a choice between a size 5/6 girl or a 14/16 most men would choose the 5/6. If its a survey its flawed because in surveys people reply with the answer that they think the people conducting the surveys want. They don't reply with the truth. In that article most guys would choose the first 2 girls.
    I don't think that is necessarily true. Of course, I can only speak for myself (rather than guys in general), but I don't find the girl on the left very attractive, but the one in the middle and the one on the right look very good to me.

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I don't think that is necessarily true. Of course, I can only speak for myself (rather than guys in general), but I don't find the girl on the left very attractive, but the one in the middle and the one on the right look very good to me.
    No offense to all the petitte hotties on bb.com, but I prefer thick and tall. The smaller women I have dated. . . I always feel like I have to be careful with them or they'll break, LOL!! I know it's weird, but I just feel like they're fragile.
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

Registered User lovepinkbuttons's Avatar
    lovepinkbuttons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovepinkbuttons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovepinkbuttons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovepinkbuttons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovepinkbuttons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovepinkbuttons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovepinkbuttons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovepinkbuttons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovepinkbuttons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovepinkbuttons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovepinkbuttons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wow!

at a size 1 does that mean that i am totally gross to men? I am happily married and not on "the market" but still a girl likes to be appreciated for her good looks...this is an interesting article. Very interesting....i am glad my hubby would be the one to say he loves skinny girls!

PEACE!

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lovepinkbuttons View Post
    at a size 1 does that mean that i am totally gross to men? I am happily married and not on "the market" but still a girl likes to be appreciated for her good looks...this is an interesting article. Very interesting....i am glad my hubby would be the one to say he loves skinny girls!

PEACE!
    No, no. Just about every woman has something about her that is beautiful. I'm sure you are no exception. The tone of the thread seems to be body styles men prefer. It's purely preference - not that one is better than any other :-)
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

Detoxing from Life martina92685's Avatar
    martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000)
    People keep talking about Beyonce and Alicia Keys like they are "big" girls. Um...they aren't. Granted, I haven't seen either one of them in person, but they are not, in my opinion, thick nor big. I remember when both of them came out, and they were much bigger than they are now, so maybe years ago they could have been considered "bigger" but now they are just as skinny as some of the other girls. The only difference is that they have bigger butts.

And, you can't gain a butt nor can you lose one if you have one. There are plenty of small waisted girls with larger butts. That doesn't make them "big girls."

I think there is confusion about a girl being bigger overall, and just having bigger parts of their bodies. Why is it that a girl with a big butt is curvy, big, or thick, but a girl with broad shoulders isn't? I think waist size whould be taken into account when we start to label people for size.
    - Damnit. I got fat again. Brb: picking up the pieces and burning my excuses. -

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol @ size 8 being considered stick thin.

Great post by limniade, as usual.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Sorry guys and gals, everything I said has been scientifically proven. Not my words. Reality and Political Correctness are seldom aligned.

They've done about 5 shows on this on the discovery and science channels, research has proven it up as well as it fitting into evolution. Waist to hip ratio is real, no matter how offended or insulted you get and want to nay-say. *shrug
    Last edited by javyn; 04-14-2008 at 06:42 AM.

pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) pengwin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by javyn View Post
    Sorry guys and gals, everything I said has been scientifically proven. Not my words. Reality and Political Correctness are seldom aligned.

They've done about 5 shows on this on the discovery and science channels, research has proven it up as well as it fitting into evolution. Waist to hip ratio is real, no matter how offended or insulted you get and want to nay-say. *shrug
    But what you're talking about is waist-to-hip ratio, as compared to the OP's article that insinuates that certain dress sizes are what is attractive. A bunch of different sizes can all still have the same WHR, which has been scientifically found to be around 0.7 for women's attractiveness. This ratio is even found on the Venus de Milo.

So me, with 23.5:34 = 0.69 at a size 0/00

Someone who is 31:42 = 0.73 at a size 12

Beauty comes in all sizes. Height has a lot to do with what size you wear as well.

javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Sorry I wasn't clear with my post, yeah, the OP's article is total bull****. My point was that waist-to-hip is what catches our (mens') eyes, not some arbitrary dress size that most of us don't even understand or care about anyway.

And the whole wearing a belt that's a little too big and letting it set on one's hips is a good way to draw attention to that area... I actually picked that up from a woman designer on some fashion show while I was channel surfing a few years back.

But what you're talking about is waist-to-hip ratio, as compared to the OP's article that insinuates that certain dress sizes are what is attractive
    Last edited by javyn; 04-14-2008 at 07:26 AM.

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Alot of this boils down to culture. When I was growing up (70's), the women in my environment considered most beautiful were stick-thin ladies who tan well in the sun. Curves were not factored at all.

I was always curvy, and really white(redhead) and thought I was fat and ugly throughout most of my youth. A lady who is very slender would have a similar challenge in a family/culture who appreicates thicker builds (Tina Turner always thought she was too skinny because she never had the "butt")

I find it extremely sad that both men and women get tossed into "categories" that determine attractiveness to the oppostie sex. True self-confidence is what really makes people sexy. The confident 300-lb'er will always get more dates than the skinny wallflower
    ~ Penney

Diet * (weights + cardio) = success

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

We must be the change we wish to see in the world
    -Ghandi

Me too, I want all 31 flavors damn it. Why restrict yourself?

i love all women...shapes ...sizes..color.

bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tee hee! Thanks! I do think that (while not all) most men prefer "thicker" woman like Beyonce, Alisha, etc. On the other hand, I think most woman would like to look like Jessica Alba (I know I would!), Aniston, etc.! I think that woman's perception of "sexy" or "beautiful" is totally different than what a man's perception of beauty is. That is why both men and woman WILL NEVER AGREE on this issue....EVER! We look at Jessica Alba and think, "OMG...she's smoking, if I looked like her, every guy on the block would be hollering at me like a hound and my options would somehow miraculously increase!"

Not sure who posted about Beyonce and Alisha Keys not being big, but I'd like to say your absolutely right. They're both at best size 10's! But in this society of who's want's to be the Next Top Model, they are considered "thick" girls. IMO, both are drop dead gorgeous woman, but they look like their only a few ham sandwiches away from crossing over to the "other side" (speaking of thin/fat). I think our (woman) fascination with being thin and ultra lean comes with the fact that we don't want to have to worry about every burger or french fry we eat. This may sound far fetched, but I do believe there is a psychology to why woman feel the need to be ultra thin that far surpasses just being "sexy" to men.

Anyways...this is a great thread and I do find it most interesting! Thanks for sharing all of your opinions. Oh yeah...and Dangerous, I REP BACK!!!

Originally Posted by Dangerousd37 View Post
    Repped just because you made me chuckle with the Sir Mix Alot ! I do disagree though some men like Beyone and JLO.. but some llike the actresses that are more skinnier like Jennifer Aniston, or Jessica Alba. I think its all personal preference for men.

I know LOTS of guys that think Jessica Alba is gorgeous. And size 10 is big in Hollywood.
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

eminva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eminva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eminva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eminva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eminva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eminva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eminva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eminva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eminva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eminva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eminva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, all of those ladies have pretty awesome shapes, regardless of size. If I could put all excess fat in my but and boobs, while having a small waist, I'd love to gain 10 pounds. However, mine goes to my gut.... so I'll stick with thin.

danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by eminva View Post
    Well, all of those ladies have pretty awesome shapes, regardless of size. If I could put all excess fat in my but and boobs, while having a small waist, I'd love to gain 10 pounds. However, mine goes to my gut.... so I'll stick with thin.

LOL I hear ya!

Alot of this boils down to culture.
    I'm sure a lot does, but a lot is also universal with all men of all cultures. They showed photos of different women with different body types to some tribe in South America and asked them to pick their preference...turned out they prefer the same waist/hip ratio as everyone else, even in industrialized countries. Rather than their reasoning being "she's hot", they chose because "that woman would be better at making me lots of children".

Not that men consciously think about how well a woman could do at "birthin'" when we pick what's attractive to us, just like I doubt (all, most, whatever) women consciously choose a male who is wealthy, it's just hard-wired into us, and doesn't make us superficial or a bad person for being attracted to what we are attracted to. These instincts are what enabled us to survive as a race throughout history.

The mores of civilized society and evolution are often at odds heh.
    Last edited by javyn; 04-15-2008 at 06:56 AM.

tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sparklebear00 View Post
    And, you can't gain a butt nor can you lose one if you have one.
    wait! i only work out in hopes of gaining a butt....don't squash my dreams! lol

tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gamebred26 View Post
    ...and we all know how that is working out for you..lol!!!!
    never you mind about my butt....it's slowly coming to be!

squat below parallel...

wait! i only work out in hopes of gaining a butt....don't squash my dreams! lol

Originally Posted by javyn View Post
    squat below parallel...
    Thanks for the advice!

julie2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) julie2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re:

Amen! I HATE being constantly told I need to gain ten pounds. Gaining ten pounds for me is a full-time job! It requires way more food than I could afford, trust me I've TRIED (110 pounds is my max and I was eating 400+ calorie meals six times a day to do it) and I'm not doing it anymore.

Why is it okay to be full-figured but not okay to be skinny?

limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by julie2008 View Post
    Amen! I HATE being constantly told I need to gain ten pounds. Gaining ten pounds for me is a full-time job! It requires way more food than I could afford, trust me I've TRIED (110 pounds is my max and I was eating 400+ calorie meals six times a day to do it) and I'm not doing it anymore.

Why is it okay to be full-figured but not okay to be skinny?
    Two words:

Desk job.

Believe me, I had the same problem when I was 26.
    Now I don't. I miss those days.
    "This," I said pleasantly, "is known as getting it on."

E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    my girlfriend is 5'8" and weighs 155. wears a size 8-10 U.S., she is the hottest woman in the world! her BF% is double of mine, but I dont care! She is hot to me and she is very smart, love her!

jessy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by E90335i View Post
    my girlfriend is 5'8" and weighs 155. wears a size 8-10 U.S., she is the hottest woman in the world! her BF% is double of mine, but I dont care! She is hot to me and she is very smart, love her!

yeah...but I wouldn't call that 'big' at all. I would call that thin to average. I'm 5'7 and 150 and I would call myself average. Everyone looks at it differently though. I've had people tell me I'm tiny and then I've had people tell me I'm big. I think most people would look at me, or your girlfriend as average.

Those models don't look like the regular women that would wear those sizes. Because they are MODELS.

and honestly...that middle one looks thin to me. I don't know why dudes are patting themselves on the back for thinking they like a 'chunky girl' when she clearly is NOT. The girl on the right is hot...either good genes or airbrush...but, probably is tall and is again...A MODEL...and most women carrying that amount of fat aren't going to look the same.

This survey isn't shocking to me...because...well, they are all relatively thin still. And they all look great.

JMOdk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pryme View Post
    In that pic, I would choose the girl in the middle.
    Same here wowza! Size 14 is way too thick 4 me :P

TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile

Originally Posted by E90335i View Post
    That is too sweet!
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly!