Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100)
    You are exactly right, I've found women are more concerned about looking good to other women rather than men., which is even more screwed up. Pettiness and jealousy. I'm glad I'm a man lol

"Believe it or not many women do NOT have impressing men as the #1 thing on their minds when they work out... in fact, it might not even be on their minds at all (no hetero)."

tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000)
    um...haven't you lost site of the original post? the point was not to strive for some superficial size because of some girlie magazine...I think it was supposed to be uplifting????

I work out for me...if you're doing it for anyone else, you'll fail eventually.

bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wait...what? I was a 8-14 from the time I started high school (varied from 10-16) till I got married (size 8) and other than my husband and 1 other guy the only people who ever showed interest in this chunky girl was either way older (upper 30's to geriatric) or drunk. And it was like that for most every woman I knew. Rarely EVER did I see the thick girl in the group get picked out first. It's a great article, if only it were truer. And like other wise females have already stated....we don't do this for YOU

fitmama1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking i love this topic

This has become such an issue. And it is very different in different areas. I am a US size 6 and very athleticly built and where i am from i am considered chubby. I have great thighs, a great butt, a flat toned tummy, and a set of biceps most would kill for and i had a baby 8 months ago. But where im from they dont like girls who are muscular and i catch alot of crap for being this way, even my husband doest like it and has asked me to stop lifting. I think that muscles are sexy and ill never stop!!!!

javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100)
    I understand all that, and looking good for oneself should be the only reason one works out and tries to look good, or else it just won't last.

I'm just saying, let's not turn this into a man bashing thread. We aren't as superficial as you all think, and trust me, women are more superficial than you realize. No man would ever turn down a woman based on say, what kind of car she drives for instance.

PS - FWIW, I love all kinds of women of all sizes. Turns out though, I have actually gotten **** from other women for not groaning in disgust when I see another woman who is considered overweight by the other cackling hens around. You are BY FAR more cruel to each other than any man could be to you all heh.
    Last edited by javyn; 04-11-2008 at 06:45 AM.

bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000) bttrthnb4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by javyn View Post
    I understand all that, and looking good for oneself should be the only reason one works out and tries to look good, or else it just won't last.

I'm just saying, let's not turn this into a man bashing thread. We aren't as superficial as you all think, and trust me, women are more superficial than you realize. No man would ever turn down a woman based on say, what kind of car she drives for instance.

PS - FWIW, I love all kinds of women of all sizes. Turns out though, I have actually gotten **** from other women for not groaning in disgust when I see another woman who is considered overweight by the other cackling hens around. You are BY FAR more cruel to each other than any man could be to you all heh.
    xfreaking2, LOL

Raar!!! Lift heavier!!! FeralGoth's Avatar
    FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wow...

its like they've never carried groceries out to the car even - if I had that little muscle tone I'd look like absolute CRAP - or more accurately a little pile of cottage cheese with eyeballs. The good news, and something the article doesn't seem to cover is that bodybuilding seems to be able to exaggerate some curves and get us closer to the ever illusive/desirable (historically at least) "hourglass" figure... An idea of a confident, powerful woman with strong shoulders balancing out a lifted round powerful booty with a trim waist in the middle sounds like a nice idea to me - there are no straight lines going on with that! How about filling out those bones with muscle and not fat? Too controversial for a men's mag probably :/
    GiryaGirl.com Kettlebell Training for Women

darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tm29 View Post
    um...haven't you lost site of the original post? the point was not to strive for some superficial size because of some girlie magazine...I think it was supposed to be uplifting????
    I don't find an article that calls slimmer women "flat-tyred" and "stick figure" uplifting.

tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000) tm29 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I don't find an article that calls slimmer women "flat-tyred" and "stick figure" uplifting.
    As a flat-tyred stick figure woman myself I agree completly! But I also understood the spirit the OP had in mind when he posted it.

When I first read it I considered taking the "defending the skinny girl" stance....but I just did that recently in a previous thread, so I let it go...LOL

Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    As I'm often trying to convince women here that they don't need to aim to be so skinny, I thought I'd post link to this story I just read

http://www.thevine.com.au/news/news/...en:apr08:apr09

Fellas, read no further. In the area of new information, this story is slim.

There has been a survey and it tells you what you already know: when it comes to women, the vast majority of blokes prefer them well rounded.

It seems their ideal girlfriends are pneumatic, not flat-tyred. They'd rather negotiate sweeping curves than sharp shoulders.

They like women buxom, bosomy and bountiful.

According to the figures, the jury is in: men will choose a Rubenesque size 14 over a stick-figure size 8 when it comes to their ideal woman.

Admittedly, the science could be seen as somewhat superficial.

It is based on an online survey ? not the most accurate means of obtaining information ? of 60,000 men conducted by laddish men's magazine FHM. The relevant issue is published tomorrow. The mag found that when shown pictures of three bikini-clad models, four out of five men said they were more attracted to the size 12 and size 14 models than the model who was a slimmer size 8.

The majority of votes went to the size 12 woman, with 41% saying that she had the body shape of their "ideal girlfriend". Almost as many men voted for the Nigella Lawson-esque size 14 model.

"A piddling 20% of readers selected our size eight model pictured as their ideal girl-physique," wrote FHM editor Ben Smithurst.

"Which proves one thing, ladies: crack a beer, hoe into a hamburger and we'll love you just as much." Or maybe even more.

Body image experts take a less superficial view of the so-called research, but admit that it carries some, well, weight.

Professor Marika Tiggemann from Flinders University said that the results supported academic research on the topic. "We find women want to be thinner than what men find attractive," she said. "Men's idea of what is 'thin' is larger than that of women. Unfortunately, a lot of people think being thin demonstrates being in control or being disciplined, while being fat is a sign you're weak."

The editor of women's magazine Cleo, Nedahl Stelio, said that most women did not diet for men but for other women.

"Most men I know would go for more boob over thinner thighs, but women, by nature, are competitive with other women," Stelio said.

"And if the society and celebrity ideal is thin, that's what she's going to aspire to, just to get one up on other women."

However, such surveys were far more damaging to women than they were helpful, according to Julie Thomson, general manager of eating disorders and body image campaigners the Butterfly Foundation.

"It objectifies women and it still is perpetuating this ideal that men do look at women externally only," Ms Thomson said.

"There is just far too much importance placed on size when you should be looking at a whole range of other aspects.

"From our perspective as an eating disorder foundation, those sorts of surveys are an issue because they are centred around judging people based on what size they are and it is a really unhealthy way to judge or view people."

She said that women embarked on extreme diets or developed eating disorders for a number of reasons, and it was oversimplistic to attribute such behaviour to a bid to appeal to the opposite sex.

"People develop eating disorders for a wide variety of reasons, including low self-esteem and family history of depressive illness," she said.

"It is very, very complex and it is certainly not just brought about because some people desire to be thin in some sort of effort to attract men."
    I think that the article is full of maure. If a guy honestly had a choice between a size 5/6 girl or a 14/16 most men would choose the 5/6. If its a survey its flawed because in surveys people reply with the answer that they think the people conducting the surveys want. They don't reply with the truth. In that article most guys would choose the first 2 girls. Its what society and the media have created. Its funny a magazine that puts out this article photshops its cover girls and the girls inside the mag. If you say guys love a bigger size then why is it there are fewer stores that carry larger sizes? Why is it that every magazine you read or tv show you watch- including reality tv rarely has a size 14? Why is it that you don't see musicians or movie stars at a size 14? How many times has Simon Cowell told girls in order to make it in the music business they need to lose weight? How many celebs get trashed in magazines for even having cellulite at a smaller size like Jennifer Love Hewitt? Do you see Hugh Heffner with women size 14 or a bunny that you couldn't bench press?? Society has photoshopped women beyond belief- to the point that even Cindy Crawford once said about her photoshopped pics that " even Cindy Crawford doesn't look like 'Cindy Crawford". Most women guys look over up and down is not a size 14, I don't care what anyone says because the proof is in society and in the media. If there was a super skinny girl ( not anorexic looking) and a size 14-- a guy in a bar would approach the skinny girl. Additionally, clothes designers since the Marilyn Monroe times ( who was a size 14/16) have created whats called vanity sizing. This means a size 2 really isn't a 2 and a 12 is really like a 14. But clothes don't fit all sizes and types. There are many women on here because they have muscles have a hard time finding clothes that fit correctly. If a girl has big boobs she may really be a size small but because of the girls has to go up a size or two. Women need to be comfortable with themselves and their bodies. When women go to the gym you have the bunnies on the elliptical that don't even dare venture to the weight room- they eat their cheetos and red bull like britney or they don't eat at all, but just chug their sf red bull. Then there are the so called women guys want, but how many guys will laugh and make fun of them??? You have women bodybuilding and guys laughing at them because they will look 'oh so manly'. So there really is no happy medium in society. You have to love what you have and make it work for you. No matter how much weight you are or what size you are you have to be happy with that and who you are. If you have areas for improvement that you want to improve for YOU - go for it! But don't do it because it will make someone like you and that unfortunately is the mentality of a lot of women.
    "NEVER GIVE UP AND NEVER STOP BELIEVING!!!"

"It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa

swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yea maybe they had a hot chubby model handing out the surveys... and the guys were like hell yea...i'm gonna score me some points.

It's more about hip to waist proportion anyway than skinny or fat. It's biological, hardwired into us. Better hip/waist proportion means better at having babies, so men will naturally find it attractive. Same reason a woman will most likely be attracted to a man who drives a nice car, makes lots of money, etc, - security. If we can recognize this for what it is, the way we evolved biologically, and stop with the groaning and complaining and trying to start NOW rallies over the issue, we'd all be better off.

Don't believe me? Why don't you women out there try an experiment then. Try wearing a belt or something on your waist that is a bit too big for your waist so it falls and rests on your hips, giving the look of small waist to big hips. You should notice the reaction you get from men pretty quickly.

darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Same reason a woman will most likely be attracted to a man who drives a nice car, makes lots of money, etc, - security.
    Please. I left the misc. section so I wouldn't have to hear this sterotypical crap.

Try wearing a belt or something on your waist that is a bit too big for your waist so it falls and rests on your hips, giving the look of small waist to big hips. You should notice the reaction you get from men pretty quickly.
    You can't be serious.

Same reason a woman will most likely be attracted to a man who drives a nice car, makes lots of money, etc, - security.
    Thats insulting.

skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wonder if javyn is single. If so, I could overgeneralize and see why. So much information is lost in that article. All three of those ridiculously airbrushed women look fine to me. What is the point in continuing to choose what you DON'T want and still feeling justified in whining about how you feel cheated? That's like stabbing yourself in the eye with a sharp stick and expecting it not cause injury and hurt.

limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If a man approached me because of the way I was wearing my BELT, I would think he was gay.

Size 14 in the US is pretty huge, unless you're a tall and/or very muscular woman. A current size 14 is a former size 18. In 1994, I used to wear a 6--after the change, I wore a 2. In those years, I have GAINED weight, not lost it (nearly 20 lbs) and yet my size has dropped two numbers. Why? Vanity sizing.

Of course, I'm a very short woman, and that makes a difference. I already have more body fat than is good for me (25%) and makes itself known in a muffin top and cellulite. I'm still a size 4. Increasing FIVE more sizes would mean I was damn overweight.

But that's neither here nor there. Size 14 looks very different on all sorts of women.

Personally, if I could create my own Female section, I would ban and delete all threads about topics that center around a male point of view. I couldn't give less of a **** about:

1. What girls think about a guy. This includes everything from advice about the way your girlfriend is acting, to whether the chick in math class might like you, to what man's body part we like best, to whether you are objectively attractive to women, to whether money and cars are truly important to us.

2. How women should dress, act, look, and live their lives in order to best attract men.

I am SO F***ING SICK of coming in here and finding threads FULL of guys trying to make it about them. This is the section where it should be about WOMEN and about what makes WOMEN happy and successful in whatever goals they want to reach.
    "This," I said pleasantly, "is known as getting it on."

Executive Transvestite JillSlap's Avatar
    JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dunno, my husband would like the middle model best, the "heaviest" model second and the skinny one not at all. As far as a woman's body is concerned, he only requires that a butt be readily discernible and that the inner thighs touch.

Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by limniade View Post
    Personally, if I could create my own Female section, I would ban and delete all threads about topics that center around a male point of view. I couldn't give less of a **** about:

1. What girls think about a guy. This includes everything from advice about the way your girlfriend is acting, to whether the chick in math class might like you, to what man's body part we like best, to whether you are objectively attractive to women, to whether money and cars are truly important to us.

2. How women should dress, act, look, and live their lives in order to best attract men.

I am SO F***ING SICK of coming in here and finding threads FULL of guys trying to make it about them. This is the section where it should be about WOMEN and about what makes WOMEN happy and successful in whatever goals they want to reach.
    Repped. I have thought this at least a few times.... especially because all of this and much MUCH more can be found in the reg. Misc..... Why should it all have to be repeated here?

swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by limniade View Post

i dunno about fat or skinny, but i like her lol

limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Samus_Fan View Post
    Repped. I have thought this at least a few times.... especially because all of this and much MUCH more can be found in the reg. Misc..... Why should it all have to be repeated here?
    Exactly!
    "This," I said pleasantly, "is known as getting it on."

bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wowwy! This thread quickly got heated! To the OP, I think your post was sincere in making the point that woman CAN become obsessed with being so small that they actually lose their sex appeal. While I do believe that most woman here (and everywhere) wan't to look a certain way for themselves, I'd be telling a lie if I didn't say that I also care about looking good/sexy to my man as well! There's nothing wrong with that IMO. I think an important point that is missed here is not just "what size are you", but "what bodyfat % are you" that will make your body type "attractive" or "unattractive" to others. I'm a size 12 right now. I've been a size 6 and I can tell you all OUTRIGHT that I've absolutely gotten more looks at this size than at a size 6! Do I wan't to be a size 6 again??? HELL YEAHHH I DO!!! Why, you may ask? Because I LIKE ME AT A SIZE 6, knowing full well that men will be more physically attracted to me at the size I am now! So, OP, you make a great point in your post, but I think the objection you may get from alot of woman is that we have a certain way that we like ourselves...despite what men wan't! I would agree with your post, however, Men DO seem to get more attracted to larger/thicker woman (i.e., Beyonce, Alisha Keys, damn...all the boodilishous boody girls in the videos!) Sir-mix-alot said it best, "I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE...YOU OTHER BROTHERS CAN DE-NY, BUT WHEN A GIRL WALKS UP WITH A ITTY-BITTY WAIST AND A ROUND THING IN YO' FACE YOU GET SPRUNG! tee hee.
    Last edited by bambifox; 04-11-2008 at 09:24 PM.

Average Joes DodgeBaller wide lats's Avatar
    wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Persoanlly i like bigger women with hips and curves, call her even overweight i don't mind, what i don't like is skinny women i would prefer a ten ton tessa to a skeleton anyday. Link to the USA and UK size issue and what the fashion industry is doing wrong. I wish them fashion bosses would post here and ask for real womens opinions on what is classed attractive, its definate not boney maronie on the catwalk i can tell them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/magazine/6335077.stm

Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I agree. I don't think the article was uplifting at all.

"It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dangerousd37 View Post
    I think that the article is full of maure. If a guy honestly had a choice between a size 5/6 girl or a 14/16 most men would choose the 5/6. If its a survey its flawed because in surveys people reply with the answer that they think the people conducting the surveys want. They don't reply with the truth. In that article most guys would choose the first 2 girls. Its what society and the media have created. Its funny a magazine that puts out this article photshops its cover girls and the girls inside the mag. If you say guys love a bigger size then why is it there are fewer stores that carry larger sizes? Why is it that every magazine you read or tv show you watch- including reality tv rarely has a size 14? Why is it that you don't see musicians or movie stars at a size 14? How many times has Simon Cowell told girls in order to make it in the music business they need to lose weight? How many celebs get trashed in magazines for even having cellulite at a smaller size like Jennifer Love Hewitt? Do you see Hugh Heffner with women size 14 or a bunny that you couldn't bench press?? Society has photoshopped women beyond belief- to the point that even Cindy Crawford once said about her photoshopped pics that " even Cindy Crawford doesn't look like 'Cindy Crawford". Most women guys look over up and down is not a size 14, I don't care what anyone says because the proof is in society and in the media. If there was a super skinny girl ( not anorexic looking) and a size 14-- a guy in a bar would approach the skinny girl. Additionally, clothes designers since the Marilyn Monroe times ( who was a size 14/16) have created whats called vanity sizing. This means a size 2 really isn't a 2 and a 12 is really like a 14. But clothes don't fit all sizes and types. There are many women on here because they have muscles have a hard time finding clothes that fit correctly. If a girl has big boobs she may really be a size small but because of the girls has to go up a size or two. Women need to be comfortable with themselves and their bodies. When women go to the gym you have the bunnies on the elliptical that don't even dare venture to the weight room- they eat their cheetos and red bull like britney or they don't eat at all, but just chug their sf red bull. Then there are the so called women guys want, but how many guys will laugh and make fun of them??? You have women bodybuilding and guys laughing at them because they will look 'oh so manly'. So there really is no happy medium in society. You have to love what you have and make it work for you. No matter how much weight you are or what size you are you have to be happy with that and who you are. If you have areas for improvement that you want to improve for YOU - go for it! But don't do it because it will make someone like you and that unfortunately is the mentality of a lot of women.

not reading all this but i like fat titties (and thighs and ass)

You are exactly right, I've found women are more concerned about looking good to other women rather than men., which is even more screwed up. Pettiness and jealousy. I'm glad I'm a man lol

"Believe it or not many women do NOT have impressing men as the #1 thing on their minds when they work out... in fact, it might not even be on their minds at all (no hetero)."
    I disagree. Men are far worse to women when it comes to being overweight or even normal. A guy who is immature will make comments about a girls weight when he really wants to tick her off or make her feel bad. Oh yes women go out and pick a certain item of clothing to impress or make other women jealous... umm NO. I'm sure women wearing hoochie outfits with short skirts and shirts are really doing that for other women... please. A man may or may not turn a girl down for what she drives... and a girl does??? How many women date guys with trucks, motorcycles, sedans, suv's, etc.? Men are more visual creatures and are bombarded with images of teeny women with big boobs, flashy sports cars, and the like of things they can achieve and have. While women are shown images of what they should be like and no matter what they achieve it's never good enough- either they are too 'manly' because they lift weights or are agressive in the business world, they shouldn't be in certain jobs- but should be in others, they are not the right weight or the right size, etc. Men are far more judgemental overall when it comes to women- how many size 14's and up have you seen in playboy? How many times do guys make fun of a girl walking by who's overweight? ow many guys would bend down to pick up something a skinny/attractive girl dropped versus a larger girl? It's nice to talk the talk... but its another to walk the walk. Anyone can say oh yea I would date someone overweight, but its another when it doesn't happen and that overweight girl is bypassed for a smaller size. How many guys when they get over weight are asked when their baby is due? How many guys if they're overweight or gain some weight are ostresized by people? In general men whom may be larger fare better off in society than their female counterparts. They don't have females going to them why are you eating this or that, why don't you go to the gym or call Jenny Craig.

Originally Posted by bambifox View Post
    Wowwy! This thread quickly got heated! To the OP, I think your post was sincere in making the point that woman CAN become obsessed with being so small that they actually lose their sex appeal. While I do believe that most woman here (and everywhere) wan't to look a certain way for themselves, I'd be telling a lie if I didn't say that I also care about looking good/sexy to my man as well! There's nothing wrong with that IMO. I think an important point that is missed here is not just "what size are you", but "what bodyfat % are you" that will make your body type "attractive" or "unattractive" to others. I'm a size 12 right now. I've been a size 6 and I can tell you all OUTRIGHT that I've absolutely gotten more looks at this size than at a size 6! Do I wan't to be a size 6 again??? HELL YEAHHH I DO!!! Why, you may ask? Because I LIKE ME AT A SIZE 6, knowing full well that men will be more physically attracted to me at the size I am now! So, OP, you make a great point in your post, but I think the objection you may get from alot of woman is that we have a certain way that we like ourselves...despite what men wan't! I would agree with your post, however, Men DO seem to get more attracted to larger/thicker woman (i.e., Beyonce, Alisha Keys, damn...all the boodilishous boody girls in the videos!) Sir-mix-alot said it best, "I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE...YOU OTHER BROTHERS CAN DE-NY, BUT WHEN A GIRL WALKS UP WITH A ITTY-BITTY WAIST AND A ROUND THING IN YO' FACE YOU GET SPRUNG! tee hee.
    Repped just because you made me chuckle with the Sir Mix Alot ! I do disagree though some men like Beyone and JLO.. but some llike the actresses that are more skinnier like Jennifer Aniston, or Jessica Alba. I think its all personal preference for men.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Id say there are about 10 different levels between the middle girl and the "big" girl. Seems like there is a big jump there as compared to the middle girl and the stick girl

being 40 now and viewing the differences in styles and tastes over time, id say the guys taste in women is definitely leaning toward bigger sizes.

How many songs do u hear praising the virtues of a tiny butt?

Personally I find myself drooling lately over most black women I see...I just like that thicker build. I cant even look at a stick woman...its too painful to look at. I want to go buy her a burger or something.

on the opposite side, I know a guy who is like 6'4"..big ol macho special forces type dude. he likes his women skinny. he was dating a girl who was like 5'9" 126lbs and he told her she needed to lose 10 lbs, lol. I told him he was insane (he did have serious issues btw)
    "Humility comes before honor"

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lose 10 lbs? Wow what an ahole....He probably likes those anorexic looking runway models.
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SexyChic View Post
    Lose 10 lbs? Wow what an ahole....He probably likes those anorexic looking runway models.
    LOL!!!

She's tough, watch out.
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SexyChic View Post
    no..dude was really wack in a lot of ways.

He told me not to pet his dog because I was getting dirt on the dogs fur and he had to brush him etc. So I go to let the dog out for a few minutes when dude was out of town one weekend and the dog ran out into the yard and found a pile of sh^t and rolled around happily in it.

I call that poetic justice
    "Humility comes before honor"