Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50)

HITT cardio on a Low Carb Diet?

I read recently that you should sort of tailor your cardio to your diet as in - if you are eating a low carb diet then you should be doing low intensity cardio and if you are having more carbs then higher intensity is better. Something about the higher intensity level using carbs for energy and the lower intensity level using fat for energy so each seems to go along with the diet.

I was wondering what would happen if you threw HITT in there with the low carb diet? What would happen? Would your body need carbs and them not be there and then your body would go to catabolism and break down protein stores for energy?

And on the flip side of that, if you eat a lot of carbs each day and you perform low intensity cardio, is eh "fuel" used for energy for those sessions still coming from fat? or will it attempt to use available carbs first? or what?

Just pondering all this.

Thanks
    Todd

jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jo8216 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is just my own opinion.

I am currently on a carb cycling regime which means i can have no carbs for up to five days,(therefore just eating protein and good fats) including x2 carb re-feed days. With no carbs on no training days. This is to drop bodyfat.

I still do my weight training on no carb days and i do 3/4 sessions of HIIT per week.

Hope this helps.
    "Success in anything that seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving.
    They make mistakes but don't quit. They hang on after others have let go".

asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I havent seen any research to support this idea of changing cardio routines based on how many carbs you are eating. Cardio is one of those things that everyone seems to have an opinion about - some say HIIT is best, others say dont do any cardio, some study out of Japan recently said to split cardio into two 30 min sessions with a 20 min break between sessions, etc etc etc.

Here is my opionion on cardio. Bodybuilders do cardio to burn fat and not to be "healthy" per se. So I do cardio to burn fat and the best way to do that is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or immediately following weight training. You can do up to an hour of cardio at a time - if you go over an hour studies all show you start to waste muscle mass. You can do two 1 hour cardio sessions a day if you have the energy and time to do it. HIIT is ok but in my experience I can't keep it up for an entire hour so I just keep my heart rate at about 70-75% max and go for an hour per session.
    Dr Smo

Ophus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ophus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ophus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ophus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ophus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ophus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ophus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ophus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ophus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ophus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ophus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am in ketosis have been so for about 8 weeks in and out a few times. I do 3 steady state cardio workouts a week and mix in 2 HIIT workouts per week. I hate low carb my intensity is way down cardio is brutal in either form I do. I never saw the boundless energy that the low carber's rave about.

However, the fat has come off of me and I even added muscle. After the initial fluid loss my weight has not changed more than a 1 or 2 lbs, but I lost about 2% body fat. So if you can stand it the results are fairly impressive. I started taking some supplements a couple of weeks ago and they have accelerated things a good bit, to the tune of another % or so of fat loss and still no weight loss.

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I hit the wall quicker when my carbs are low, which is no surprise, but I did fairly well when carb cycling.