ConsistenT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Taking Whey Protein while tryin to lose weight?

Well I about 5'11 and I weigh 195-200. I bought Hydroxycut Hardcore about three weeks ago and have been running about 4 times a week. I have lost around 15 pounds...but you cant really notice it.

I am really embarrassed of my man boobs, and want to lose alot of my chest fat, and guys were telling me at school if I just lift and take protein my chest fat would burn away?? Is this true?

Right now I am pretty much just walking/jogging on my treadmill and benching 4 times a week. I am thinking about going to buy some whey protein or creatine and start to lift more weights....what do you guys think?

32_4_EvEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 32_4_EvEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 32_4_EvEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 32_4_EvEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 32_4_EvEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 32_4_EvEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 32_4_EvEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 32_4_EvEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 32_4_EvEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 32_4_EvEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 32_4_EvEr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ConsistenT View Post
    Well I about 5'11 and I weigh 195-200. I bought Hydroxycut Hardcore about three weeks ago and have been running about 4 times a week. I have lost around 15 pounds...but you cant really notice it.

I am really embarrassed of my man boobs, and want to lose alot of my chest fat, and guys were telling me at school if I just lift and take protein my chest fat would burn away?? Is this true?

Right now I am pretty much just walking/jogging on my treadmill and benching 4 times a week. I am thinking about going to buy some whey protein or creatine and start to lift more weights....what do you guys think?
    Sup bro. Whey is perfectly fine. I use it as a pre and post workout meal. The protein helps me build muscle and the vitamins help me recover after an intense workout.
    Weight as of 02-18-08: 235lbs (Start of program)
    Weight as of 07-03-08: 179lbs
    Weight as of 10-19-08; 167lbs
    Weight as of 11-28-08: 160lbs

aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10) aseng is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Most importantly to get rid of the moobs is to get your diet right, than its lifting, cardio, sleeping, etc. Other than that, no creatine, just whey.

goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    cardio is good but if you want to be fit lifting is the best way. i would encorporate lifting 3-4 days a week with cardio as well. join a gym to stay motivated. keep your diet on lock down and get your protein intake to over 200 grams a day. whey is the best way to do this along with lean meat. if you have lost weight and cant notice it may be more muscle than fat especially if your diet is poor and you are running that much. i can almost bet its muscle with a little fat loss. what is your current diet like?

leafs anger management omeezy4sheezy's Avatar
    omeezy4sheezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omeezy4sheezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omeezy4sheezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omeezy4sheezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omeezy4sheezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omeezy4sheezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omeezy4sheezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omeezy4sheezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omeezy4sheezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omeezy4sheezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omeezy4sheezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the main way that you can lose fat is by cardio and proper dieting. If you follow those methods, along with proper weight training, then you'll lose the moobs.

SOURCE: former moobs man

Thanks for all the info so far everyone, but protein is better than creatine if trying to lose my moobs and get in shape?

Also I have a bench, curling bar, dumbbells, a treadmill, and a pull down bar for my shoulders. Thats why I have not joined a gym yet, the only problem is with all this stuff I can only work out my upper body...but that is what I am concentrated on (losing my moobs).

My diet isnt too bad I eat a cereal bar and maybe a yogurt for breakfast, for lunch I eat my schools "chicken wrap" which has chicken, lettuce, cheese, mayo, and a tortilla wrap i guess. For dinner I always get something different ...and then I work out after dinner which is at 10:30pm when I get home from work. And I jog for about 1 mile, and walk about 2 miles....then do 3 reps on the bench.

So my main questions are...
    1. Am I running to much, and should I lift more?
    2. Should I take whey protein, instead of creatine when trying to lose weight?

xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whey Protein is fine. I take it and I am cutting weight and although my weight loss has slowed a lot, I know I'm losing pure fat instead of muscle. So if you want to preserve and build muscle, then yes.

2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks for all the info so far everyone, but protein is better than creatine if trying to lose my moobs and get in shape?

Also I have a bench, curling bar, dumbbells, a treadmill, and a pull down bar for my shoulders. Thats why I have not joined a gym yet, the only problem is with all this stuff I can only work out my upper body...but that is what I am concentrated on (losing my moobs).

My diet isnt too bad I eat a cereal bar and maybe a yogurt for breakfast, for lunch I eat my schools "chicken wrap" which has chicken, lettuce, cheese, mayo, and a tortilla wrap i guess. For dinner I always get something different ...and then I work out after dinner which is at 10:30pm when I get home from work. And I jog for about 1 mile, and walk about 2 miles....then do 3 reps on the bench.

So my main questions are...
    1. Am I running to much, and should I lift more?
    2. Should I take whey protein, instead of creatine when trying to lose weight?
    Don't go in creatine if you're trying to loose weight.

First of all, you arent really supposed to be taking in enough calories for your muscles to grow much bigger. They wuill get leaner if you're lifting though.

Second is the fact that you will usually gain about 10 pounds the first week of using creatine. Even if it is all water weight, it can be very discouraging.

If you are trying to loose weight, take in about two servings of whey protein per. day to get your protein in. Eat good, healthy foods with it.

Work out 3-4 times a week if at all possible. When you diet you will be cut short on calories. The only way to keep from losing muscle is to weight train and eat lots of protein.
    04/30/14: 264lbs
    Re-learning how to eat.
    (burning pipe makes me hungry)

So I am going to Vitamin Shoppe today to buy some " Optimum Nutrition
    100% Whey Gold Double Rich Chocolate". I plan on taking it before and after workouts...but should I also take it in the morning?

Im just still not sure if I should try to lose as much fat as possible, especially off my chest....then start taking protein and lifting. Or continue lifting, and doing cardio with protein. Also I have been taking Hydroxycut Hardcore, is that fine to take before meals and cardio still if I am taking whey protein??
    Last edited by ConsistenT; 04-10-2008 at 02:40 PM.

tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I am going to Vitamin Shoppe today to buy some " Optimum Nutrition
    100% Whey Gold Double Rich Chocolate". I plan on taking it before and after workouts...but should I also take it in the morning?

Im just still not sure if I should try to lose as much fat as possible, especially off my chest....then start taking protein and lifting. Or continue lifting, and doing cardio with protein. Also I have been taking Hydroxycut Hardcore, is that fine to take before meals and cardio still if I am taking whey protein??
    There's no need to take whey in the morning unless you're having trouble eating a breakfast with a proper protein source. Most people say whole foods > whey. But whey is great if you're not need meeting your protein needs for the day.

You cannot lose fat in a specific place. However, as you lose overall fat and build the muscle under the fat, you'll probably see a big difference in the shape of your chest.

BigTaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i only drink whey pre/post workout/cardio. it digests too fast and can be stored to easy any other time.. mostly i drink casein or casein/whey mix on a cut.

braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10) braddd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What BigTaco said. Although I personally can't drink whey close to a pre workout. It's about 90 minutes or I get ready to barf all over myself. Post workout I could chug 3 servings easy, but one does the trick.

BCAAs might be a nice addition also.

goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i personally take 2 scoops in the am with whole wheat toast and natural pb because i dont have time (more like i dont want to wake up extra early) to cook eggs and make a decent breakfast. then i take one/two scoops pre work out and 2 scoops after workout. or if i have time in the am to cook then ill have a casein shake at night instead of in the am. to each their own but thats what works best for me. i like 3 shakes a day and some days just 2 depending where im at with my macros. like today ive had just 2 and thats all ill have.

Dance with the Devil xxinkdforlifexx's Avatar
    xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxinkdforlifexx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess it depends on your weight, and also since there's no pictures to go off it's a bit harder.

At your height and weight yes of course you can drop some, but make sure you're not sacrificing mass.

Sometimes I think people FLIP over these man boobs when in reality.. they have no muscle what so ever in their chest.. I was the same way and I started building muscle in my chest and well, once you fill out.. it's MUCH better.

EDIT: like me.. I was hell bent on loosing pounds BUT i'm sup 178 pounds and damn near 6'2".. Sometimes you just have to change you mindset and FILL out.
    Last edited by xxinkdforlifexx; 04-11-2008 at 03:06 PM.
    White Horse - Linked to instinct, purity and the drive of the physical body to release powerful and emotional forces, like rage with ensuing chaos and destruction. - The Subconscious Psychosis of Dreams

So I just bought 100% whey protein, and am going to use it pre/post workout tonight....I dont get home from work until about 11 though :/ Is it fine if I still take it post workout about an hour before I go to bed?

Also I is it fine to continue to use my Hydroxycut Hardcore while taking whey? And before I do the cardio with my protein?

So I just bought 100% whey protein, and am going to use it pre/post workout tonight....I dont get home from work until about 11 though :/ Is it fine if I still take it post workout about an hour before I go to bed?

Also I is it fine to continue to use my Hydroxycut Hardcore while taking whey? And before I do the cardio with my protein?
    its 1030pm here i just got back from the gym and took 2 scoops whey and in 30 minutes ill be eating some chicken to meet my macros for the day. i just try and not eat many carbs mid afternoon or later. you can take the hydroxycut if you want it wont hurt but i like waiting till i hit a wall or that last stretch of weight loss before i start taking sups like hydroxycut or havoc. what do you mean before cardio with my protein?

Originally Posted by goodfella0729 View Post
    its 1030pm here i just got back from the gym and took 2 scoops whey and in 30 minutes ill be eating some chicken to meet my macros for the day. i just try and not eat many carbs mid afternoon or later. you can take the hydroxycut if you want it wont hurt but i like waiting till i hit a wall or that last stretch of weight loss before i start taking sups like hydroxycut or havoc. what do you mean before cardio with my protein?
    Well I don't have much time to workout, besides at night around 10:30. So I do my lifting then cardio....and I plan on taking my protein before I lift and after I do cardio (pre/post) workout. Is that a problem that I take protein and hydroxycut together? And also is it bad to take protein an hour before going to bed?

no you can take the whey and hydroxcut but read up on hydroxy a little more and find out what when the best time to take it is. im not to familiar with it. i know with havoc its said best to take through out the day because it last 6 hours so you want to keep it in your system, you probably dont want to take just before you work out. and no taking protein before bed isnt bad you may want to look at taking casein protein since it lasts longer in the body about 7 hours. most people either take casein in the am or at night before bed.

Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 2hard2fixagain View Post
    Don't go in creatine if you're trying to loose weight.
    Originally Posted by aseng View Post
    Other than that, no creatine, just whey.
    Wow, I guess I lucked out because I took creatine the whole 7 months i was cutting, bulking, and cutting again and I still lost weight. Creatine sounds like the devil in this thread when it does nothing but allow you to workout harder, longer, and recover faster. Oh the horror!

6'3"
    4/20/07 ~ 224lbs ~ 24+% BF
    7/20/07 ~ 203lbs ~ 14% BF
    9/11/07 ~ 221lbs ~ 20% BF
    12/11/07 ~ 196lbs ~ 12% BF
    1/20/08 ~ 212lbs ~ 18% BF
    4/1/08 ~ 200lbs ~ 11% BF
    7/17/08 ~ 232lbs ~ 18% BF
    11/10/08 ~ 208lbs ~ 12% BF
    1/1/09 ~ 217lbs ~ 16% BF
    7/1/09 ~ 206lbs ~ 12% BF
    7/29/10 ~ 240lbs ~ 18% BF

rubidium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Taking creatine whilst cutting will not effect fat lose/gain. From what I've learnt it will, along with the minimum protein requirement, creatine help you to maintain lean body mass.

Calorific deficit should come from carb /exercise for best results. Not easy to work out off the bat as we are all different but it does and will work

[QUOTE=Chris@UGA;152002391]Wow, I guess I lucked out because I took creatine the whole 7 months i was cutting, bulking, and cutting again and I still lost weight. Creatine sounds like the devil in this thread when it does nothing but allow you to workout harder, longer, and recover faster. Oh the horror!

QUOTE]

creatine is definetly great for lifting and i agree with you and nice work by the way. most people here dont like it because it retains water weight and makes that evil scale not budge as much.

a lot of people like to see the weight number drop i on the other hand am perfectly fine with that scale not moving much at all but looking in the mirror and seeing the difference

right now i dont take creatine but in a few weeks ill be adding it to my supplements.

Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    [QUOTE=goodfella0729;152098401]
    Originally Posted by Chris@UGA View Post
    Wow, I guess I lucked out because I took creatine the whole 7 months i was cutting, bulking, and cutting again and I still lost weight. Creatine sounds like the devil in this thread when it does nothing but allow you to workout harder, longer, and recover faster. Oh the horror!

QUOTE]

a lot of people like to see the weight number drop i on the other hand am perfectly fine with that scale not moving much at all but looking in the mirror and seeing the difference
    Exactly. This is the ideal situation and what I noticed when I was taking Lean Xtreme and eating right around caloric maintenance. The scale didn't move for about 3 weeks, but I was noticeably leaner in the mirror.
    6'3"
    4/20/07 ~ 224lbs ~ 24+% BF
    7/20/07 ~ 203lbs ~ 14% BF
    9/11/07 ~ 221lbs ~ 20% BF
    12/11/07 ~ 196lbs ~ 12% BF
    1/20/08 ~ 212lbs ~ 18% BF
    4/1/08 ~ 200lbs ~ 11% BF
    7/17/08 ~ 232lbs ~ 18% BF
    11/10/08 ~ 208lbs ~ 12% BF
    1/1/09 ~ 217lbs ~ 16% BF
    7/1/09 ~ 206lbs ~ 12% BF
    7/29/10 ~ 240lbs ~ 18% BF

HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hidroxycut hardcore sucks!! i took that crap

vibhash_iit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibhash_iit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibhash_iit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibhash_iit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibhash_iit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibhash_iit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do 200 pushups evryday..