Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ooh, good luck choosing a new split (if that's what you're considering!) That's always a fun stage. Great workout!! That's great to hear you've been keeping up with them. Oh, sprinting is TOTALLY awesome exercise - I've been doing some more of that lately, and I'm really feeling positive about it!

What type of yoga do you take?
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What kind of supplements are you looking at??? It's too cold here!!! Only 55!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do you not want to do the 5 day split? A body part a day....

Sprints take everything I have - hence why I don't do them very often! I'm also curious what supplements your looking at!

Stay cool sweetie - that heat is no joke!
    *Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    Ooh, good luck choosing a new split (if that's what you're considering!) That's always a fun stage. Great workout!! That's great to hear you've been keeping up with them. Oh, sprinting is TOTALLY awesome exercise - I've been doing some more of that lately, and I'm really feeling positive about it!

What type of yoga do you take?
    Yes, I have to figure out a split. I'd rather work out with my husband than alone, but last week, probably a problem with my period, but I was tired when I worked out 5 days in a row, but I know I was doing too many exercises each night. Yeah, the sprinting is great. Fast, time wise, and efficient! But that also contributed to my tiredness!

I'd say it is mostly ashtanga Yoga, but the class discription says lyengar and Viniyoga too... They have a Vinyasa Flow class to that is good for when I'm stronger, but that is a level 2 class. I'm sticking to level 1 right now. I love this class because they show you the beginner, int. and advanced poses as you go, so you can do your own thing.

Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    What kind of supplements are you looking at??? It's too cold here!!! Only 55!
    Well, the supplements.... I was hoping to find a "miracle" fat burner! ha ha, then saw a post by TerraCotta about Euphedra. I took that several years ago, with Metabolife... and although I had jitters and stuff, I had sucess with it mixed with weight lifting and cardio... actually was down to 145, but that was 7 years ago before I got prego! haha

But most of the supplements I saw were like appetite suppressants, and I don't need, nor want that. I did see Xtend, and I know I've seen some girls on here taking that... Also Hydroxycut... but I just don't know if any of that is worth that. I don't want jitters etc.

Right now I am just using whey protien. I am going to get some casien for my night time snack. But that is as far as I've gotten that I am certian about.

Originally Posted by amj0883 View Post
    Do you not want to do the 5 day split? A body part a day....

Sprints take everything I have - hence why I don't do them very often! I'm also curious what supplements your looking at!

Stay cool sweetie - that heat is no joke!
    Well, my husband is doing this 5 days per week, and his varies week to week, but they break it down like this:

Chest, triceps
    shoulders traps
    back bicep abs
    legs calves abs

But he doesnt' have a cardio plan, and I don't know what his resting plan is exactly... I don't really want to be on his plan, but so far that is all I have really checked out... I'd intended on looking more closely at you girls' routines, but this stupid period kicked my butt!

That is how I feel about the sprinting, it takes everything I've got too!

Thankfully it's starting to cool down, back to the weather that I love... mid 70's to 80's... but this back and forth crap gets the sinuses all messed up!

I didn't do anything today except lay on my bed and watch TV because of this insane period... I swear it's like this time of the month I have a week of PMS... then a week of just M. It's like 2 weeks of my life are consumed with period! Ugghhhh. Oh well at least it's going to be over in 4 days! Then i'll have 2 weeks of heaven before it starts all over again! I sure wish that instead of rocket science, scientists would figure out PMS! ha ha

Hope you are all had a great Wednesday! I go to Yoga Tomorrow! Looking forward to some inversions!
    Long way to go.

My journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107002931

My puppy website! Check it out!
    www.riversidegermanshepherds.com

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you taking a multivitamin and fish oils?? Those are two really important supps!!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"No, your face does."

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ugghhh....I hate TOM! Its so interesting how some women get it harder than others! I wonder why....

I used to only get my period every 3 months and got spoiled...now that I'm back to every month it sucks!!!

As far as a split - how much time do you want to spend in the gym a week? Thats where I would start and remember more does not always mean better...
    *Mandy*

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    Are you taking a multivitamin and fish oils?? Those are two really important supps!!
    No, I should though... Well, I have a multi, but don't take it consistantly. And fish oil... do you take that in a pill? Do you have vitamin suggestions as far as brands go? I am using Naturemade multi right now.

Ugghhh....I hate TOM! Its so interesting how some women get it harder than others! I wonder why....

I used to only get my period every 3 months and got spoiled...now that I'm back to every month it sucks!!!

As far as a split - how much time do you want to spend in the gym a week? Thats where I would start and remember more does not always mean better...
    I have a gym in my garage, so I can spend up to 1.5 hours per day if I have the desire. I think what I "want" is to stick around 1 hour, that way I get enough sleep since I am lifting weights in the evening. I do my cardio in the AM right now, but won't count that towards my "gym" time.
    Long way to go.

My journal:

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd suggest the ON Fish Oils. They are enteric coated and you won't get icky fish burps. I take just 2 per day, but my Omega 6 levels are not very high.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    I'd suggest the ON Fish Oils. They are enteric coated and you won't get icky fish burps. I take just 2 per day, but my Omega 6 levels are not very high.
    Icky Fish burps??!! Yeah, certainly want to avoid that! Thanks for the heads up!!!
    Long way to go.

My journal:

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For 5 days a week, a long time ago when I went to a gym, I'd do

Monday - upper/cardio
    Tuesday - lower
    Wed - cardio
    Thurs - upper/cardio
    Friday - lower

and I had the same upper/lower days both times.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

For 5 days a week, a long time ago when I went to a gym, I'd do

Monday - upper/cardio
    Tuesday - lower
    Wed - cardio
    Thurs - upper/cardio
    Friday - lower

and I had the same upper/lower days both times.
    I have to do all my cardio on the street, as I work out at home and don't have a treadmill yet... we do our WO's in our garage. It's great, but has some drawbacks from lack of equipment...

What do you do now? Do you do a different split?

The one I've seen most often so far... with just 1 day of forum searching is like this:

Back/ Biceps
    Chest/ Triceps
    Shoulders/ Abs
    Legs

I am planning to do light cardio 2 days per week and sprinting or HIIT 2-3 days per week. I feel that since I am trying to loose like 50 lbs that I need the cardio in addition to the lifting.

I am a bit confused on which days to rest...

So far, from what I've experienced with real life... the rest days just have to happen, sort of like "cheat" days... you just can't avoid it, so just go with it... But if I rest wednesday, then I work out Sunday instead.
    Long way to go.

My journal:

1st split attempt!

So I am going to see how this goes... although I have a few bugs to work out... Like How many exercises to do per muscle group now that I am doing less muscles per work out... I was doing 2 exercises per muscle group, now thinking to do more like 3-4...

TUesday Night:
    Chest/ Triceps

Bench Press 60 - 12 x 4
    Incline D.B. Press 15's - 12, 20's - 12, 12
    Flys 10's 12 x2, 15's - 12
    Incline Flys 10's - 12 x 3, 15's - 12

Tricep D.B. overhead ext. 15 - 12 x 3
    Close grip pull down 40 - 12 x 3
    rope over head ext 20 - 12 x 3

We'll see how tomorrow goes... I am going to do Back and Biceps... Feel free to jump in and tell me if I'm doing something stupid!

Oh yeah! I forgot to come on here and tell my excitment!! I went to Yoga, last Thursday..(3 weeks in a row, woo hoo!!! --Deanna pats back!--) But Friday I found that I had oblique muscles in my stomach! I was so excited, I could feel them in there! like small ropes! doing a little dance here just thinking about it! It's buried by too much body fat, and now funky loose skin, but hey! It's progress! They are there! LOL!!!
    Long way to go.

My journal:

HAHAHAHA - I always swear I have ab muscles...we just have to let them be shown...hehehehe

YAY for Yoga!!! Do you feel your muscles more relaxed from it?

I think your workout looks great and I agree 3-4 exercises a bodypart...jmo!!
    *Mandy*

Originally Posted by DeannaOnlyne View Post
    I have to do all my cardio on the street, as I work out at home and don't have a treadmill yet... we do our WO's in our garage. It's great, but has some drawbacks from lack of equipment...

What do you do now? Do you do a different split?

The one I've seen most often so far... with just 1 day of forum searching is like this:

Back/ Biceps
    Chest/ Triceps
    Shoulders/ Abs
    Legs

I am planning to do light cardio 2 days per week and sprinting or HIIT 2-3 days per week. I feel that since I am trying to loose like 50 lbs that I need the cardio in addition to the lifting.

I am a bit confused on which days to rest...

So far, from what I've experienced with real life... the rest days just have to happen, sort of like "cheat" days... you just can't avoid it, so just go with it... But if I rest wednesday, then I work out Sunday instead.
    A lot of people do that split, and it works out great. Right now I'm doing a M/W/F style split, which you can see if you look at the first page of my journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=107854281

I've been totally skipping out on the cardio though.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    New split looks great!! That's awesome you were able to get to yoga 3 weeks in a row - props to you, because I haven't managed to even attend 1 class yet!!! LOL... I keep talking about it, but not doing it! You've given me some motivation to get on that this week

Good luck with back & biceps!!
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

HAHAHAHA - I always swear I have ab muscles...we just have to let them be shown...hehehehe

YAY for Yoga!!! Do you feel your muscles more relaxed from it?

I think your workout looks great and I agree 3-4 exercises a bodypart...jmo!!
    I was so excited! lol they'll show some day! maybe next summer!

Yoga IS awesome, but it's wierd... you are sort of relaxed, but the DOMS are major the next day and especially day 2, you really need to do Yoga again on day 2 because it's killer! It depends on the class though...

Do you do 3 sets or 4 sets? I'm doing 4 exercises, 3 sets, 12 reps...

A lot of people do that split, and it works out great. Right now I'm doing a M/W/F style split, which you can see if you look at the first page of my journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=107854281

I've been totally skipping out on the cardio though.
    I havent' done cardio since like Tuesday last week! but I had issues! always something comes up... Once we get a treadmill, I might veer back to the MWF weights, TTH Sat Cardio... I liked that before... I was following the Body for Life plan... Thanks for the link. I have been thinking about supplements for fat burner, but I don't feel like I need an appetite suppresent... (for once in my life...) I am not getting enough calories as it is...

Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    New split looks great!! That's awesome you were able to get to yoga 3 weeks in a row - props to you, because I haven't managed to even attend 1 class yet!!! LOL... I keep talking about it, but not doing it! You've given me some motivation to get on that this week

Good luck with back & biceps!!
    Thanks! I think I might like it, I have different energy for different muscle groups... not all worn out by the time I hit Triceps, you know what I mean?
    Yoga is great, you should just do it! ha ha I am going in the morning, I am hopelessly addicted! finally... I love using my body weight like that, last Thursday's class was awesome, we did Moon Salutations for the full moon. It was new for me, I had only experienced Sun Salutations before, plus incorporting it with the moon was cool too, I love the full moon, even if it makes me feel a bit crazy!
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Back/Biceps

Seated Row 35#'s - 12, 45#'s - 12, 12
    Bent over Row Bar - 12 x 3
    one arm row 20#'s 12 x 3
    reverse grip pull down 35#'s - 12, 45#'s - 12, 12

Barbell Curl - Bar - 12, 10, 8
    alt hammer curls - 15's 12 x 3 /side
    concentration curls - 10's 12 x 3/side
    preacher curls - 30#'s 12 x3

I need to start logging my nutrition again so I can start keeping up with my calories. It's been way off, had Starbucks for Breakfast, Quiznos for lunch and meatballs for dinner... no snacks, eeehhh except for a cupcake... sigh, but while I was at the River for Memorial day, I ordered egg white omlets, with tomatoes and whole wheat toast for breakfast while everyone else scarfed down on pancakes and french toast!!! so that was good! lol

Happy Thursday everyone!
    Thursday's plan:
    Yoga AM
    Depending on my Yoga class... I'll do shoulders/abs, or legs... we'll see which body parts the instructor decides to focus on!
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Nice workout! How do you like the hammer curls?? Those are one of my favorites!! Your yoga class sounds amazing... I will definitely have to try that out this week!!

Yes, I like them pretty well, I just have to make sure I hold them right so I don't bust my thumb knuckles! I hope you try Yoga! I also hope that you get a good instructor! that makes such a difference... Here are some pictures for you!

Long way to go.

My journal:

Oh my gosh...how adorable!!! Makes me (almost) want to get a puppy...I don't miss the chewing though!

"No, your face does."

Aww...look at the babies!!!

I needed that smile this morning...thank you
    *Mandy*

Aw, they're SOOO cute! How old are they??

Thanks for posting - I love them!!!

Oh! Thanks guys! I know, I am always ohhing and ahhhing over them and I even have to clean up their mess! I love them so much! They are 7 weeks old right now. Next week will be the first week that they can go to their homes. I hope that they go fast though, it'll be insane to have 9 puppies around! lol

So I weighed myself this morning... 197!!! woo hoo! dancing! Finally dropped below the 200 mark!

I am surprised a little though because this last weekend I went to Las Vegas with my cousins for a bachelorette party... and we partied... to much! lol So I have been recovering from that all week.

But I do have to say... I've been doing so much Yoga! I went twice this week, and it's week #5 that I've gone in a row. But today's Yoga was awesome. I just need to figure out when and how to mix practicing Yoga with lifting weights and doing cardio! ha ha If I do the split, then what ever part of my body I did is effected in my Yoga Class... Yoga is pretty much a full body work out...

My nutrition has been off... my whole life is off right now... I have a feeling though it is just a little ways off that I'll be back to posting my nutrition and my routine like I was, like how I want to...

But over all I am proud of myself, so that is all that matters!
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Congrats on the weight loss!!! Below 200..that's an awesome benchmark! Glad you had fun in Vegas...you HAVE to party too much when you're there!

"No, your face does."

Thanks Tara!

Today I helped my mom move her stuff out of her temporary apartment in Los Angeles... I feel like I drove all day, but at least I got some exercise running up and down her stairs!

I am going to go running in the morning... I'm in the desert now... my parents live off this dirt road, so my run is bound to be an adventure! lol
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Congrats on the weight loss!! That's awesome... you must be thrilled. Moving is DEFINITELY exercise!! Enjoy your run tomorrow - sometimes those dirt roads are the best, you feel so free!

Thats awesome about the weight loss!! Its crazy how our bodies react to things...

The bachelorette party sounds like a lot of fun - especially in Las Vegas - WOW....I could do some massive damage there...hehehehe

I don't know what to tell you about the split with yoga, cardio and lifting...I've been trying to figure out when to incorporate yoga myself!
    *Mandy*

thanks! I am pretty excited to be below that mark finally.

I just need to get my butt in gear...

LOL Mandy, yeah, Vegas was a blast. We stayed out until the sun came up two nights in a row... If you ever go... stay in the MGM Signature... it's like a resort... I love that kind of stuff.

So I'm just going to talk about this.. I haven't been working out on routine for too long... I mean, I've been getting some in, but not as consistently as I was because my life is once again turned upside down... I feel like I've had so much drama... I don't want to be a drama mamma! lol

But I am moving out and getting an apartment by myself... so much for working out with my husband...

But the apartment I am going to has a full gym onsite, pools and free yoga classes once a week...plus a jogging trail etc... soooo... things could be worse, but still... my life is so screwed up right now! grrr.....

So in about a week I should be moved in and settling into a new routine... then it's on! I'll have stats to post like crazy! hey I may even have time to keep up with everyone else!

So wish me luck. what an adventure! But somehow I know I am going to be okay. All I have to do is keep getting stronger...
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Good luck sweetie!! I hate things are so crazy for you right now, but it sounds like you have your head on straight!! That yoga must really be helping, because I do not know if I could keep my cool like you!!

I know regardless everything will work out for the best!!

When I went to Vegas I stayed at the Venitian - it was gorgeous!
    *Mandy*

Wow, it is amazing how you sound so focused and calm even in the midst of all the "drama". I sincerely wish you all the best ... life can be SO crazy sometimes! I'm sorry to hear that you have so much to deal with right now.

The MGM signature sounds amazing... wow! You'll have to keep us posted on how the move goes, and I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress!!!

I'm sure you will continue getting stronger, but don't underestimate yourself - you are ALREADY strong, and you have an amazing spirit and enthusiasm which is great!!! We're lucky to have you around here!