Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deanna's Path to Strength

Well here I am starting a journal. I've entered into my Body Blog, and I'm going to do this too to see which I like better. I feel a little lonely over in my profile all by myself...

I?ve been feeling a little off this last week. I weighed in at 206! woo hoo! I?m loosing it and it feels great. Although I found myself being impatient this week! My walk/runs were boring, the music boring, and the slow-ish progress sort of boring too! But what wasn?t boring was my food and how I?ve never been so full, so satisfied and so full of energy as I have since I started this diet. I got Tosca Reno?s Cookbook Clean Eating and it is awesome! recipes that are easy and yummy and clean. I had almost every thing I needed to eat out of the cookbook the first week I got it? which, if you know cookbooks, isn?t always the case. each new cookbook is like a new journey in the grocery store! But I had everything already.

So, I?m starting a list of a work out plan? Trying to figure out which muscle groups to work when and how often!

If you check out my work out tracker, you?ll see that I?ve been doing a little all over, but I haven?t been doing them more than 1-2 times per week. Although I?m walking/running 2 miles every day regardless if I lift or not, I need to step it up with the weights. I?ll post my plan once I?ve got it written out.

Favorite breakfast:

3/4 cup eggwhites plus 1 whole egg, 2 cups shredded spinach, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tomatoe, lemon juice

Cook the eggwhites like an omelet, fold over and set to the side, spray pan with olive oil and add vegis until spinach is wilted. squeeze lemon juice, serve inside folded over omelet. YUMMY!! I can?t wait until my basil grows so that I can have like a pesto/bruchetta omelet thing!!!
    Long way to go.

My journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107002931

My puppy website! Check it out!
    www.riversidegermanshepherds.com

DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Walked 2.5 miles today, ran further in my running spurts. I was sore from working out in the garden yesterday, and it felt soo good to get the tense muscles worked out... took me about 3/4 mile to get loosened up though...

breakfast - 3 egg white omlet with zucchini tomato and onions
    snack - toast w/ home made apple butter and coffee
    lunch - pita, 4 oz turkey, 1/2 bell pepper, 2 tblsp high fiber bean hummus
    snack - plain yoghurt, 2 tbsp flax, 2 tbsp psylium husk and 1 scoop soy protien powder.
    snack - almonds 2 oz
    dinner - 6 oz salmon, garlic, rosemary and lemon. asparagus, 1/2 baked potato with yoghurt topping. (yum, even the kids liked it... I sort of tricked them, they thought it was sour cream!)

ughh.. I didn't log as I went today and ended up eating too many fat calories... I think it is because my breakfast was only like 200 calories... And I need to go grocery shopping...

39/29/32 - fat/carb/protein 1767 calories
    But I got 96% on my iron, which I need
    And 171% fiber! many thanks to Twinett for the Psyllium husk tip!!!
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Went to the LA Zoo yesterday. Pushing 4 kids in a stroller made for 2 up and down those hills was enough to give me a good sore night's sleep! I've got to the exercise portion of the Body For Life book I'm reading, so tonight I'll be checking out the routine suggestions from that book. I do need some more direct direction on the exercise stuff. I've been working my entire body out, but I really want to do this right and efficient. Even thinking about applying to the BFL Challenge... just don't know yet if I want my before pics anywhere where I'll ever have to see them again!

But I made up my affirmations: I will loose 40 lbs in 12 weeks. I will not fit into my jeans within 12 weeks. I will have a routine of eating and lifting and cardio within 12 weeks. 12 weeks seems like such a short amount of time to loose 40 lbs. I hope I'm not overreaching. anyhow, 20 lbs would be a great way to start. It took 7 years for all this blubber to accumulate on me, it's going to take some time to get it off!

Breakfast: egg white spinach tomato garlic omelet
    Lunch: Pita with turkey, chard, tomato, kidney bean dip, yoghurt, grapes
    snack: 1/2 c cottage cheese, 2 tsp peanut butter, 1 tsp nutella (gotta stop eating the nutella...!!! even if it is just 1 tsp a day...)

Questions:
    Whey vs Soy protien shakes - Where to find the Whey Protien???
    How does cooking change my food???? Ugghhh it's so frustrating to post something and not get a response! I hope that cooking my banana on my pancake mornings isn't setting off a sugar problem...
    Long way to go.

My journal:

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HI!!! Things are looking great in here! Love your avatar...you're so cute! I'm glad you started a journal. I can't wait to follow your progress..

Now I want to go to the zoo! I love it there!!

Have a fantastic weekend...that breakfast sounds good!!! I always have to take mine in "muffin" form to eat between classes! My students are always seeing me stuffing my face! lol
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey, just wanted to say hi! I'll be following along. I agree with Tara, your avi is adorable!! You're very pretty!
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

Red face

Thank you girls! That is so sweet!

I had to eat my pancakes on the run the other day... rolled them up and stuffed them in! LOL I love eating so much!
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Ugghhh eerrrgggg yuck!

i went to a friend's house for dinner tonight and I hurt! I didn't eat a lot, but it's the first time in my life that I've felt this way. I've been eating clean for, what, a month or so now. And aside from my "cheat bites" once in a while i've been doing awesome and loving this new life diet that I'm never getting off.

1. I'm amazed at how much I've learned in so little time... for starters... she served meatloaf, potatoes, corn and bread... That is like 3 carb servings in one dinner. Usually she has a salad or something, but not tonight...

2. Then she served carrot cake. I am so proud of myself. I ate 3 bites, and after I got a mouth full of frosting that I nearly choked on I didn't eat the rest!

So, needless to say, my tummy hurts. It's cramping and complaining and I just wish that I could puke it all up! Unfortunalty, (well maybe fortunatly in the long run) my body doesn't puke unless it's about to die with the worst flu, or the worst hang over so I'm stuck chugging PeptoBismol instead.

But isn't it funny that I'm happy that my tummy hurts!?! I'm so happy that I've been doing so good, and I've learned so much, and that I'm going to be putting an extra effort tomorrow to undo tonight. But mostly because I have no desire to eat like that ever again. I used to look forward to dinners at her place because I would just eat and eat and it used to be so yummy! Hopefully I'll be able to persuade her to get healthy menu's from now on... But, unfortunatly she is one of those people who have an excuse for everything to stay unhealthy...

Tomorrow will be better. Monday I start my new routine...

MWF Upper/Lower body alternate days
    T TH Sat Cardio
    Long way to go.

My journal:

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I still like yummy, carb filled meals sometimes..I have an iron stomach

Hope you had a great weekend! Relax a little before tomorrow!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    We all have friends like that unfortunately!! But I'm so happy you've learned so much already! You have been doing great girl..keep up the hard work!

I hope that tummy is feeling better...thats always motivation...lol

-You could always offer to bring something to dinner - that way you can KNOW there will be something there that you would want to eat*
    *Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    I still like yummy, carb filled meals sometimes..I have an iron stomach

Hope you had a great weekend! Relax a little before tomorrow!
    You know, I always thought I did too, I could gobble up the richest chocolate mouse cream cheese cakes or whatever... it's amazing what I could eat before!

Originally Posted by amj0883 View Post
    We all have friends like that unfortunately!! But I'm so happy you've learned so much already! You have been doing great girl..keep up the hard work!

I hope that tummy is feeling better...thats always motivation...lol

-You could always offer to bring something to dinner - that way you can KNOW there will be something there that you would want to eat*
    Yes, it was motivation... not to do it again and it felt good for being proud of myself that I've been doing so good! mind games!

That is what I'm doing next time. I wish I could help her get into shape, but I've got enough to worry about taking care of me! I checked her menu plan for next month... el Pollo Loco, so I'll bring a big salad and should be fine.

I'm doing my Upper Body work out tonight, I'll be back later for an update.
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Well today I got a head ache and took a nap at 4pm to 7pm... and woke up with a headache... what's up with that? But it went away after I ate 2 slices of..... pizza... shhh :0 but I followed it up with 2 cups of good vegi's and an awesome workout that I stole from karina's first days of journaling! Thank you experienced girls for all your typing on here! my husband was jealous that I had a work out plan and he didn't! lol

I ended up only 130 calories over my daily quota... which considering the pizza, shows me why I had that headache... I didn't eat enough other stuff during the day that was good for me... the timing was all off because I had to be in court...

I got a "personal best" on my bb work out tracker too! and I feel great even though it's midnight and I've got to get up at 7 to get the kiddos to school. Oh well, my cardio is planned for tomorrow morning. Can't wait. I'm going to do the BFL cardio plan, and I have my stop watch ready!

Here's the link to my work out tracker for tonight. I might start typing the data if I find that the links change up. It was so helpful to go to the vetran BB girls' first journals. I'd like to think that I can help someone like that in year or so too.

http://workout.bodybuilding.com/Dean...det&ref=296672

Happy Monday.. well Tuesday now! Gosh I hope I can go to sleep!
    Long way to go.

My journal:

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thats smart thinking!! I never even thought of using another's workout plan! I'm glad it did your body good and YAY for making hubby jealous!

Yeah make sure your eating enough - I hate when I get headaches from lack of food...then it always leads to a binge!! I haven't played with the workout journal...I'll have to check that out!
    *Mandy*

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey Deanna

Glad the previous workouts came in handy! 130 is not bad at all either including pizza! lol... I love pizza. Does your hubby work out with you? Can't remember if you mentioned that already...sorry if you did. Hope your day's going well today!
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    Hey Deanna

Glad the previous workouts came in handy! 130 is not bad at all either including pizza! lol... I love pizza. Does your hubby work out with you? Can't remember if you mentioned that already...sorry if you did. Hope your day's going well today!
    He's starting to... Last night he came into the garage with me (we have a huge "contraption" wieght machine out there... I call it a contraption because he once tried to have it in my living room and anyhow... that was insane!)

But he kept talking and wasn't being serious about lifting until I asked him if he was here to talk or workout! lol Anyhow, he's starting to... since I finally picked out a routine (how hard can MWF be?! LOL It took me almost a month to figure that one out!) But he said he'll start now, so I hope! It's boring working out alone... besides, he is really good at it, knows all the techinques and forms, so I really want him there.. so long as he doesn't screw up my rep counting!
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Awesome Day!!!

Oh wow I had an incredible day! Not many day's go smoothly for me, but this one went smooth, was hectic and adventerous all in the same day!

I hadn't planned to go bike riding with my GF's but they called first thing, so my walk/run cardio turned into a 110 minute bike ride. I have this incredible nature trail by my house that is paved, but hilly. So we took off, and found that the trail went further than we had been before...We decided to take the new trail, but came upon an obstacle... A small creek... We couldn't ride through it, nor walk on stones, so we took our shoes off and waded across to get to the next path! The new path has mile markes on it, which is fun, we had to turn back, but we have a goal, once I get faster, we'll get to go further!

Last time I went, about a month ago, it was all I could do to keep up with them, let alone hit any of the hills without getting off and walking... But today I was noticably stronger. I went up the first hill piece of cake and was so proud I let out a whoop that probably scared half the wild life population! It was a good feeling.

Well, the rest of the day went by then I came home and calculated my macros...!!! It's the nearest I've got to my Macro goal of 20f/40c/40/p... I did 18/41/41 ! But I only ate 1379 calories. :/ So I've got to go have a snack before I go to sleep. Can't go wrong with Cottage cheese, but I had this cookey idea in my head that I shouldn't eat anything because I might mess it up! (rolling eyes at self...)

I also had my mind wrapped around last night's Upper Body Work out! I forgot to mention that I felt my bicep muscle! It's there again! All small and cute and hard muscle! LOL

Sighs of happiness. It's working. I'm doing it.
    Long way to go.

My journal:

AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awesome post today! Great job on the bike ride! That sounds like so much fun and like it would be a beautiful day.

So you are shooting for a 40/40/20? If you google that, you will find LOTS of recipes with those macros - When I was doing those macros a while back, I found lots of websites with recipes with those exact ratios. Some were meals, others snacks, etc.

Glad hubs is workin out with you! I don't know what I would do without my dh working out with me - he is a great motivator and supporter!

YAY for the happiness..you are doing it and your kicking butt!!

Keep up the hard work! I love that feel of that muscle..you just know your doing something right

Have a great day!
    *Mandy*

Wow, that's so awesome... I love 'spur of the moment' things like that - sounds like you had a great time too. Awesome that you're feeling 'stronger' - that's such a great feeling!!! You sound very happy and content with how things are going! Great to hear.
    Hope your day is going well, keep up the awesome work!!

Thank you ladies for all your encouragment! It's awesome how this community works so well.

Originally Posted by AbramsAM View Post
    So you are shooting for a 40/40/20? If you google that, you will find LOTS of recipes with those macros - When I was doing those macros a while back, I found lots of websites with recipes with those exact ratios. Some were meals, others snacks, etc.
    yes, I read that is a good goal. I also feel okay if I am higher in protien and less in carbs too. Some days I think its better. Awesome suggestion to google. Thank you!
    Last edited by DeannaOnlyne; 04-17-2008 at 08:40 AM.
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Weigh in and measurments

Well... I think I'm still getting the measurment things off somehow... My hips got bigger...??? Must be something with the placement of the tape measure. I'll get it though.

I am chagrined about my progress. I did so good the first month, then this month messed up with eating too many times. Pizza twice, then the Carb supper at my friends, a cupcake for my mom's birthay, plus I had too many cheat "bites". Cheat bites helped me get through the transition, now it's time to get serious.

So it's time to re-evaluate and whip my butt into gear! No more Cheat bites! I'm going to strictly follow BFL on that and have 1 cheat day (hopefully I'll have the willpower to make it a cheat meal.) and that's it. No sense running and lifting like a madwoman if I'm going to screw it up with cheating.

I'm also going to plan my meals better. I am going to sit down and write out 7 recipes for that week and i'm going to shop off a list. Last week I went and spent my normal $$ on food, but came home with no meats... Don't even know what I bought! Well, I'm upping my vegi purchases obviously, so that is more costly. But still... I had to get extra creative with dinners, and that is detrimental to my success!

"If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail." ~BFL

Goals for this weekend: Plan.

Now that I've gotten used to eating cottage cheese, and have found good products for my snack-meals and a good set of "go to meals" for breakfast. I'm going to focus on making the same meals for a couple of weeks. Get a couple "go to" dinners and then gradually start adding in more.

I love a good plan!
    Long way to go.

My journal:

AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am a planning freak - so let me know if you want any ideas or anything. I tend to make spreadsheets for everything!

Good job evaluating - just keep in mind that controlled treats won't make you fat - as long as you are aware of them and it is a conscious effort to have it. Having a cupcake didn't stall your progress...Having three cupcakes every day in addition to food, might. So even if you are eating what you would consider 'cheats' more often, keeping your awareness about it is what really matters - that way you can adjust your activity or food intake to compensate.

BFL's cheat days I think really messed with my head...I used to do cheat days, but then I was overdoing it...Keep your strength and I would suggest a cheat meal - even if you had a couple of cheat meals during the week, that would be fine No need to limit it to a day imo - just keep accountable for when you are having them

Do you think you are eating enough? What is a normal day for you?

It sounds like you have a great plan to take it to the next level!! Good luck darling...I know you will do great!
    *Mandy*

Sounds great, you really sound motivated to succeed! I agree, planning things in advance is definitely the right way to stay on track - I find it incredibly hard to stick to my goals when I haven't pre-planned stuff.

I also found the same thing with BFL --> the cheat 'day' wasn't really neccessary. Often I found that I'd go out for a meal that day with friends, but the rest of the day I'd just eat junk because it was my cheat day, not because I really wanted that stuff. So... it's kind of a waste in a way. I think it's a better idea to treat yourself to things you ENJOY and you're going to appreciate it. Also, if you're trying to avoid 'cheat bites' (love that term, by the way!!) try putting in a couple treats during the week that aren't going to do a lot of damage. There's lots of ideas in the recipe thread as to snacks that are still somewhat healthy but satisfying.

You're going to do great!! It sounds like you really know what you have to do, and you got our support here!!

Originally Posted by AbramsAM View Post
    I am a planning freak - so let me know if you want any ideas or anything. I tend to make spreadsheets for everything!

Do you think you are eating enough? What is a normal day for you?
    Awesome! spreadsheets! I used to be organized like that! I might just need something like that!

I'll post my day so you can check it out.

It sounds like you have a great plan to take it to the next level!! Good luck darling...I know you will do great!
    You're sweet! thanks!

I also found the same thing with BFL --> the cheat 'day' wasn't really neccessary. Often I found that I'd go out for a meal that day with friends, but the rest of the day I'd just eat junk because it was my cheat day, not because I really wanted that stuff. So... it's kind of a waste in a way. I think it's a better idea to treat yourself to things you ENJOY and you're going to appreciate it. Also, if you're trying to avoid 'cheat bites' (love that term, by the way!!) try putting in a couple treats during the week that aren't going to do a lot of damage. There's lots of ideas in the recipe thread as to snacks that are still somewhat healthy but satisfying.
    Thanks for the BFL and "cheat" suggestions. After reading your posts I thought about it while I did my cruches! You're right. I wouldn't want to allow myself to eat chips or junk. The biggest cheating, other than the pizza and 1 cup cake has been Nutella. I Love Cottage Cheese, Peanut Butter and Nutella all mixed up! (It's all Tara's fault! ) But I haven't felt the need to eat much else but clean. I can't even think of a cheat meal that I would want to eat... unless it's In N Out!!
    Long way to go.

My journal:

ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi!! I'm doing a quick drive by, but I'll try and get in and read up some more soon! I read the beginning of your journal when you started, but I see things have moved along nicely!

I like your plan to plan...I'm big on plans. Sounds like you know what to do!
    "My mummy loves protein" sung, LOUDLY, by 3yo daughter while shopping!!!

Come visit my journal at - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1554851

Mornings without my walking just throws me off. I worked out in the evening.

Thursday:

Nutrition:
    3 egg whites
    1 whole wheat toast
    1 cup strawberries
    1 cup coffe non fat creamer 2tbsp.

2 oz trail mix

1/2 C cottage cheese
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    Slow Cooker Chicken Casoulett (Tosca Reno's recipe)
    (261 calories - 22f/39c/39p)

Tilapia
    Sweet Potato w/ 1/2 tsp butter and 1 tsp brown sugar
    summer squash
    1 small glass wine

Post WO:
    1/2 cup yoghurt
    1 scoop whey protein
    2 tbslp Psyllium Husks
    1 tblsp flax

1576 calories - 27f/35c/36p

Exercise:
    Lower Body aprox 12 reps x 3 each
    QUADS:
    Dumbell Squat 8lbs
    plie dumbell squat 8lbs
    Hamstrings:
    Dumbell Lunges 8 lbs
    flutter kicks
    Calves:
    ankle circles
    standing calf raise 8 lbs
    glutes:
    bridge
    kick backs
    isolated 1 leg squats
    Abs:
    Cruches, obliques, lower
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Which do you prefer. Mornings or nights?
    *Mandy*

Great workout, and nutrition looks good as well!

Slow Cooker Chicken Casoulett ... do you have the recipe?? That sounds awesome.

Oh, and just wanted to clarify -- you probably know, but I wasn't suggesting you don't take cheats at all... rather, just make sure when you "do" cheat that it's something you really want. I just found that for me, this meant having cheat days as they came up, rather than "planning" one.

Sometimes on Sunday I wasn't going out anywhere, so didn't really want to cheat, and I prefered my treat meal when I went out Wednesday night with friends. It all just comes down to balance, and making it fit within your lifestyle while still eating healthy most of the time (to accomplish your goals).

Anyway! Hope you have a great day!

Originally Posted by ubermumma View Post
    Hi!! I'm doing a quick drive by, but I'll try and get in and read up some more soon! I read the beginning of your journal when you started, but I see things have moved along nicely!

I like your plan to plan...I'm big on plans. Sounds like you know what to do!
    I always look forward to seeing your posts on these boards! Thanks for checking in on me!

Which do you prefer. Mornings or nights?
    I have always worked out at night. Lately I've been doing my cardio in the AM, and strenghening in the PM. It feels good. I'm always tired after I lift, so going to bed just feels good. But when I don't walk or do something in the AM I feel listless... in reality I haven't tried lifting in the AM so I really don't know! But I usally lift after the kids go to bed so it's just "my time".

Great workout, and nutrition looks good as well!

Slow Cooker Chicken Casoulett ... do you have the recipe?? That sounds awesome.

Oh, and just wanted to clarify -- you probably know, but I wasn't suggesting you don't take cheats at all... rather, just make sure when you "do" cheat that it's something you really want. I just found that for me, this meant having cheat days as they came up, rather than "planning" one.

Sometimes on Sunday I wasn't going out anywhere, so didn't really want to cheat, and I prefered my treat meal when I went out Wednesday night with friends. It all just comes down to balance, and making it fit within your lifestyle while still eating healthy most of the time (to accomplish your goals).

Anyway! Hope you have a great day!
    The Casoulett is awesome! I'll post it. And I your "not planning" a cheat is great because it usually happens that I am sort of forced into a cheat... especially on the weekends when I'm driving around with my husband... When I'm out it's hard to eat clean. Although some fast food places are offering something that is "clean-er" but stilll... But I'd like to not have to plan it in, because things come up often enough where I just don't have a much of a choice... The pizza that I ate the other day.... I ordered it because the fridge was bare for family meals, it was a 'cheat' but I also just ordered a chicken pizza loaded with tomaotes and vegi's, so it wasn't that bad, then instead of eating three pieces, I just ate one and the toppings of a couple more slices, so I sort of cheated my cheat meal! lol
    Long way to go.

My journal:

Slow Cooker Chicken Cassoulet By:Tosca Reno Clean Eating Cookbook.

Slow Cooker Chicken Cassoulet
    Cassoulet is a traditional French dish that is more like a stew. The basic ingredients include beans and meat, and it requires a long slow cooking time. This is the perfect recipe for a slow cooker.

Ingredients:
    1 x 15 oz can navy beans, pinto beans or black eyed peas, rinsed and well drained
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 small skinless boneless turkey breast cut into 4 large pieces.
    Sea Salt and fresh ground black pepper
    2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 2/3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
    1 medium onion peeled and chopped
    4 celery stalks, trimmed and chopped
    4 garlic cloves passed through a garlic press
    1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil) { I used red bell peppers because that was what I had...}
    3 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
    1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped fine
    1 tsp thyme
    2 Tbsp fresh minced parsley

Preparation:
    1. Spread half of the beans in the bottom of our slow-cooker pot.
    2. Season poultry with pepper and sea salt. Heat olive oil over med. heat in a skillet. Brown the poultry on both sides in the skillet for about 5 mins each side. Place the browned chicken on top of the beans in the slow cooker. Top with remaining beans and the chicken stock. Use water if you don't have chicken stock.
    3. Saut? the onions, celery, garlic, sundried tomatoes, carrots and herbs using the same skillet. Spread this mixture over the ingredients in the crock pot. Cover and put on slow heat for several hours.
    Makes 6 servings
    TIP: Serve with Ezekiel bread and the "spread" bean dip below.
    Nutrition Value per Serving:
    Calories 261 - Calories from fat 57 - Protein 24g - Carbs 24g - Dietary Fiber 6g - Sugars 3g - Fat 6g - Sodium 553 mg

High Fiber Bean Dip
    Why settle for boring, high -calorie butter or margarine when you can have a superior spread for your bread, made with good for you high fiber beans?

Ingredients:
    1 x15 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and well drained.
    1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp oregano
    1/2 small onion minced fine
    1 clove garlic, minced
    Pinch Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste

Prep:
    1 Blend the red kidney beans and olive oil until the mixture resembles a paste. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
    2. Enjoy this bean dip with bread, veggies, in wraps, or just bout anywhere else. I like to put it on grilled chicken for a change of flavor. { I use dips like this, such as hummus, instead of mayo in my pita}
    Nutrition value per 1 TBSP serving
    Calories 15 - Calories from fat 2 - Protein - .7g - carbs 2g - dietary fiber .7g - sugars .3g - fat .19g - sodium 25mg
    Long way to go.

My journal: