Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500)

Does weight lifting stop Height growth?

Hey guys ive always wondered if weightlifting would stop height growth. If so why and if not what does stop height growth? (just curious)
    ive heared that since u gain muscles and it grows it leaves less room for bones to grow so it prevents it to get longer. But i might be wrong any ways let me know thanks!

eja642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eja642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eja642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eja642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eja642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eja642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eja642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eja642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eja642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eja642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eja642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't believe so.

I started lifting when I was 14, and was 5'10 180 pounds, and had never lifted a weight in my life, so I was pretty weak.

Now I'm 6'4" 275...

So no, it doesn't stunt your growth.

I suppose it could if you keep your calories too low, you need to eat way above maintenance for your body to grow as it normally would(height, etc) and for those muscles you're working to grow and repair.

I'm no expert though, just going by my personal experience.

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You will keep growing, if anything it should help you out a bit.

Stay away from the PHs though. They fuse boneplates or w.e. (stop growing)

Why are you worried mister 6'3 lol?
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah it does because im still only 4'6". I started lifting at 12 y/o when I was 4'6" and im 18 now and still 4'6" god this sucks ass

jp i have no idea lol
    MTS Nutrition Machine Whey
    PrimaForce CreaForm
    d3, fish oil, multi

danger9918 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danger9918 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danger9918 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danger9918 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danger9918 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danger9918 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danger9918 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danger9918 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danger9918 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danger9918 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danger9918 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I heard the leg press machine could stunt your growth... but then my couch told me it doesnt so im not sure about it btw your 17, max your gonna grow is 2 cm's...

Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude, of course it stunts growth.

When i first started lifting, i was about 6'2" tall. Now i'm only about 5'6".
    Weightlifting made me shrink, so it obviously stops growth.
    (lol, no not rly)
    Last edited by Bon; 04-04-2008 at 10:09 AM.
    "Success rests not only on ability, but upon commitment, loyalty, and pride."
    - Vince Lombardi

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates

Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500) Bouncerz is not very helpful. (-500)
    Thanks guys, Personaly i dont wana keep getting taller im happy with this height. Apretiate the coments thanks!

furqan7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up weight lifting never decrease your height

weight lifting never decrease your height or any growth ,it is your genetic and your poor diet that stop your growth.
    if you want to understand the reason see this (furqanfitness.com/exercise-decreasestop-height)

lalaumj is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalaumj is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalaumj is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalaumj is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalaumj is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalaumj is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalaumj is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalaumj is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalaumj is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalaumj is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalaumj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've heard that it stunts growth when you put weight above your head (like heave squats). But at 14 years old, you should be fine.

I think theres basis for that but I dont really think its true.

In other words, no OP, it does not stunt growth.
    Eat clean. Lift dirty.

Goals:

Start/Current/Goal

Short term:
    Bench: 110x5 / 225x1 / 245x1
    Squat: 110x8 /135x8 / 200x1
    DL: 110x5 / 275x1 / 315x1
    Weight: 130 / 140 / 145

Longterm:
    Bench: 275
    DL: 400
    Squat: 315
    Weight: 160 @ ~7% BF

Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    depends on your genetics..basically weightlifting will stunt anyone's growth. this happens for a couple of reasons but the main reason when your young is that your testosterone is put to making you grow taller, but when you lift weights, the testosterone is forced to go towards building your muscles. If your worried about your growth stopping, stop doing weights. I personally was taller than my brother when i started weights about 2 months ago, and know he's about 2 inches taller.
    The Lord is my Strength and my Salvation. Who shall I fear

-lllll-L_( )_J-lllll-

Psalms 23:4
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonwitney is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jacob990 View Post
    depends on your genetics..basically weightlifting will stunt anyone's growth. this happens for a couple of reasons but the main reason when your young is that your testosterone is put to making you grow taller, but when you lift weights, the testosterone is forced to go towards building your muscles. If your worried about your growth stopping, stop doing weights. I personally was taller than my brother when i started weights about 2 months ago, and know he's about 2 inches taller.
    you have to remember that t doesn't JUST go toward building muscle.

Your testosterone is also responsible for sperm production, voicebox development, facial hair and pubic hair growth, among other things. people with a lower t-rate will obviously lag behind in these areas as well as muscle growth, those with higher t-rates will obviously have accelerated development in these areas.

lifting weights actually increases testosterone production so technically, if anything, lifting weights from a hormonal perspective should INCREASE height, due to growth hormone secretion etc. from a practical perspective, if you put heavy weight on your back (squats) then your spine will obviously be under physical pressure and stress and may shortern due to excessive load, but I've ever actually witnessed this happening.

All in all, no, lifting weight will not stunt your growth.

if you wanna stunt your growth, have somebody smash you in the knee where the growth plates are during any physical activity, then you'll stunt your growth
    Last edited by simonwitney; 07-10-2013 at 04:17 AM. Reason: rather rash and ill thought response

tobini9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tobini9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tobini9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tobini9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tobini9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tobini9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tobini9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tobini9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tobini9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tobini9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    No, that's a myth people presume it does because the only the guys who have FINISHED growing in the first place can get buff, so they automatically assumed it was the weight that stunned their growth

romandman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It stunts growth

When I was 14 years old at 5'7, I started lifting 5-15 lbs of dumbells. I stayed at 5'7 for a year so I was very troubled so I stopped lifting weights. Then after stopping lifting weights, I started growing again. Now I'm at 5'8 and a half. I really regretted my decision of starting to lift weights at a young age

Starting Weight:125 Eandretta96's Avatar
    Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by romandman View Post
    When I was 14 years old at 5'7, I started lifting 5-15 lbs of dumbells. I stayed at 5'7 for a year so I was very troubled so I stopped lifting weights. Then after stopping lifting weights, I started growing again. Now I'm at 5'8 and a half. I really regretted my decision of starting to lift weights at a young age
    Yes because using 5-15 lbs dumbbells well close your growth plate. That was just a coincidence.
    *Gyno crew*
    No, I am no bo peep bro. I got that Craig Titus look. Barnyard back. It's absolutely piss. K peace out bye.

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

moju1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moju1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moju1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moju1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moju1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moju1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moju1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moju1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moju1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moju1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moju1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    started with 15 at 6'0 and now i am 6'1. so probably not. if you use ds/ph/aas then yes.