DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

1 set per exercise?

Maybe it is the heat, and the weather but I felt so extremely tired easily lately, I just feel like not wanting to work out.
    So rather than missing workout days I'm taking a break from my usual workout and doing a full body instead with just 1 set to failure per exercise, pretty heavy weight, 6-8 reps to failure. I can tolerate this amount of volume even if I'm tired and sweating from the heat.

But I'm no expert and I'm wondering if 1 set is worth anything. I guess there will be less hypertrophy but no hypertrophy at all and just maintenance even with increasing weight at each workout?

Reececoza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reececoza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reececoza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DorianJ View Post
    Maybe it is the heat, and the weather but I felt so extremely tired easily lately, I just feel like not wanting to work out.
    So rather than missing workout days I'm taking a break from my usual workout and doing a full body instead with just 1 set to failure per exercise, pretty heavy weight, 6-8 reps to failure. I can tolerate this amount of volume even if I'm tired and sweating from the heat.

But I'm no expert and I'm wondering if 1 set is worth anything. I guess there will be less hypertrophy but no hypertrophy at all and just maintenance even with increasing weight at each workout?
    tbh pwo could do the trick but you shouldn't be reliant on it, strange though, i go well in heat but anyways you can do that but i wouldn't do it to often, try and fix diet or energy levels to bump right into your normal routine
    Natty4Life
    Cert 3&4 Qualified.

Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DorianJ View Post

Drink more water.

Go 2 sets per exercise and reach failure each set, imo.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    better than nothing.

If you are doing 1 set, might as well do myoreps or rest pause, but then again if you are lazy or have no energy... you won't do that either.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000)
    stop being a bish OP

CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dont you get hot and sweaty at the gym anyway?

sounds like a bit of a cop -out.

would rather just take the time off than go half assed. IMO a sure fire way to failure allowing yourself to be "lazy". in 3 months time is it gonna be too cold? if your worn out, eat more and sleep more as for heat.... it would have to be pretty dam hot for me to scrap gym.

As for the workout. Will probs help keep you pumped a bit but IMO its not enough stimulation for growth or anything.
    Im doing it right

12 Months In
    138lb - 170lb and counting...

**Hairy as Fack but not on my back crew**
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Currently racing danielaq12 to a 100KG bench

JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    More sets are better for hypertrophy but 1 set is still enough stimulation for MOST of your muscle hypertrophy potential, so it's wrong to say it won't do nothing or will just pump you. 1 set = 75% of hypertrophy potential. Read this: http://www.begin2dig.com/2010/04/hyp...day-1-and.html

CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JaredPunch View Post
    More sets are better for hypertrophy but 1 set is still enough stimulation for MOST of your muscle hypertrophy potential, so it's wrong to say it won't do nothing or will just pump you. 1 set = 75% of hypertrophy potential. Read this: http://www.begin2dig.com/2010/04/hyp...day-1-and.html
    says in there 40% more hypertrophy found in those that performed multiple sets over one..... so i would say dont make it a habit!

"So while 1 set is certainly not useless, it mayn't be optimal (where that means before we hit a plateau). "
    Im doing it right

12 Months In
    138lb - 170lb and counting...

**Hairy as Fack but not on my back crew**
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Currently racing danielaq12 to a 100KG bench

SUAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUAS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUAS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strong username to post content
    Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165224651

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take a deload, then try training with multiple sets again. Make sure you're hydrated and are resting long enough between sets.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723