Thread: sprained wrist?

Registered User AdmiralNaismith's Avatar
    AdmiralNaismith is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdmiralNaismith is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdmiralNaismith is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdmiralNaismith is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdmiralNaismith is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdmiralNaismith is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdmiralNaismith is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdmiralNaismith is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdmiralNaismith is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdmiralNaismith is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdmiralNaismith is on a distinguished road. (+10)

sprained wrist?

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that I may have a sprained wrist (grade 1) as a result of my workout last Saturday.

On Sunday I had to cut my workout short as the wrist was really twinging. On Tuesday I was fine until I tried upright rows. Since then the wrist has ached whenever I turn it. I've stopped working out, popped some NSAIDs and have been icing the wrist.

Anyone have any idea how long a mild strain takes to heal? If it feels a bit better I'm tempted to wrap it and work out tomorrow, because not working out on a Saturday feels as wrong as cheering for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Or should I be hiding under my bed until the wrist feels better?

deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AdmiralNaismith View Post
    I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that I may have a sprained wrist (grade 1) as a result of my workout last Saturday.

On Sunday I had to cut my workout short as the wrist was really twinging. On Tuesday I was fine until I tried upright rows. Since then the wrist has ached whenever I turn it. I've stopped working out, popped some NSAIDs and have been icing the wrist.

Anyone have any idea how long a mild strain takes to heal? If it feels a bit better I'm tempted to wrap it and work out tomorrow, because not working out on a Saturday feels as wrong as cheering for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

There are a ton of small ligaments and tendons in your wrist - I have a problem with my right wrist and I actually have it worked on with electric stim and my chiro. works on it. A few weeks ago, I began rehab exercises and it is getting much better.

I would be proactive and go see a sports chiro. or PT that can help you get better quicker - these types of injuries tend to take a bit to heal, so be patient!

janthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) janthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) janthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) janthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) janthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) janthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) janthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) janthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) janthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) janthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) janthony is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AdmiralNaismith View Post

Had this happen, and I bought a wrist wrap (wish I knew the name of it, but it's basically a neoprene wrap that fits around the thumb and then down around the wrist - most sports stores carry them), worked great. But you may have to lay off certain excercises for a while.

Upright rows put a very strange stain on the wrists, maybe try doing them with a curl bar if you haven't already.

To answer your other question, mine took about 3 months to fully recover. But I would say mine was a bit more than mild.
    @}---
    65 Roses