teknodukk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teknodukk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teknodukk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teknodukk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teknodukk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teknodukk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teknodukk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teknodukk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sould I even bother lifting on low cal days?

I'm having some success losing weight on a 1300 for three days/2000 for three days/1700 for one day cycle. I weight train 6x per week along with 6-8x cardio (burning an average of 500 calories per cardio session). My main goal is to lose 6 lbs of fat before I start building muscle, although I lift heavier on high cal days. Should I cut out the lifting on low cal days?
    If pro is the opposite of con, then is congress the opposite of progress?

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't, as long as your body can handle it on your lower calorie days. But, dependng on your body fat percentage, you might not really need to lose those 6 pounds now - it will be easier to lose them after you build muscle because of the increase in your metabolism.
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

BeccaBaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depends on what your goal is. r u trying to gain muscle and lose 6 pds.? I would cut back on the cardio if your consuming 1300 calories a day. You will gain muscle and burn calories by lifting. Just eat clean and do high intensity cardio 3x weekly. Keep your diet high in protein and at least 25-50 grams of carbs a day in order to have energy for a successful lifting session. Plus...lifting weights speeds up the metabolism throughout the day.
    Forever Fit, Rebecca

~~~~ Lover/Fighter ~~~~ dragon*princess's Avatar
    dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by teknodukk View Post
    I'm having some success losing weight on a 1300 for three days/2000 for three days/1700 for one day cycle. I weight train 6x per week along with 6-8x cardio (burning an average of 500 calories per cardio session). My main goal is to lose 6 lbs of fat before I start building muscle, although I lift heavier on high cal days. Should I cut out the lifting on low cal days?
    More is not necessarily better!
    Weight training 6x per week and Cardio 6-8x....is too intense for a Beginner!
    If you're doing Full Body Workouts limit yourself to 3-4 days a week. And, if you're training one body part per week, you should be able to do that in 5 days or less.

Do some research on *Stress, Cortisol, and Fat*.
    Also, read up on Overtraining. Hopefully that will change your perspective on your current training schedule. Remember, your body NEEDS REST if you want healthy results.

And, to answer your question - if your Macros support your body/training, there's no reason why you can't train on a low day.

lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by teknodukk View Post
    Hey there!

Congrats on your success so far. Normally there would be no reason to cut out lifting on low cal days but to be honest with you, it sounds like you are over doing it. Lifting 6 times a week full body is too much IMO and you could end up with injuries if you arent careful. It also sounds like you are doing a LOT of cardio. Whats your diet like? Diet is a HUGE part of weight loss.

Originally Posted by dragon*princess View Post
    More is not necessarily better!
    Weight training 6x per week and Cardio 6-8x....is too intense for a Beginner!
    If you're doing Full Body Workouts limit yourself to 3-4 days a week. And, if you're training one body part per week, you should be able to do that in 5 days or less.

Do some research on *Stress, Cortisol, and Fat*.
    Also, read up on Overtraining. Hopefully that will change your perspective on your current training schedule. Remember, your body NEEDS REST if you want healthy results.

And, to answer your question - if your Macros support your body/training, there's no reason why you can't train on a low day.
    Im going to agree with Dragon Princess and say that the body needs rest and 3-4 days of weight training is reasonable even if you are splitting up body parts. More lifting does not = better results.
    "Perception is everything. Reality is what you make it. Don't focus on the way you are. Focus on the way you want to be."

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread .php?t=106293081

rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    From what I've experienced/read, depending on when you're doing your lifting, you might cut out lifting the day after a low cal day. If you're lifting at night than this would not apply.

But, for example, say you ate 1300 cals on Monday and then expected to have strength Tuesday morning..... it's not gonna happen. But good job so far on the progress.
    I'll take a 6 pack of abs please!!!!

Obesession is simply a word lazy people use to describe the DEDICATED!!!!

www.teamscivation.com

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109701391