Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000)

Jiggly fat vs. Solid fat

Whats the difference?

I hold mostly jiggly kind of fat around the front of my belly and the obliques/chest are more solid ( firm I guess would be the word )
    luck is when opportunity meets preparation!

WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I once read an article that said jiggly fat is easier to get rid of because it is the makings of solid fat that takes longer to get rid of. i do not know how what I just said will help you, but it is what I heard. If anything you should be able to get rid of it quicker with some hard work.

luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BUMP anyone else have opinions on this. Im very interested to know...

Thanks
    kick some ass

jaym4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    be interested to hear bout this myself. I was bulking and seemed to have more solid fat around my stomach, now i'm cutting it seems to hav gone 'jiggly' :P hope it is easier to get rid of, i've heard that before myself but dont know 2 much about it!!

AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bump for profession feedback.

I know my abdominal fat is very 'jiggly' but other areas like my back/arms the fat feels much more 'solid.'

kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    personally, the more i work out, the more the jiggly fat's turning solid. then it won't be there anymore, and I will rule.

luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckykris is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its weird to me. It seems like guys with hard fat, look better when they lose weight. Light tighter. But guys with jiggly look smaller but still soft. Like looser. Hope im wrong. Because im jiggly lol. My dad is a heavier dude and his is hard as a rock. Beer? lol....
    kick some ass

JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000)
    nope, if you get hard as a rock from beer i'd be a freaking boulder =p

Originally Posted by JmoFinD View Post

lol nice
    kick some ass

joverba2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do not know if this is correct or not but as you may or may not know fat cells stay forever, you can gain them but never lose them (without surgery.) So how I understand fat works is that a fat cell can expand when you gain weight / fat and when you lose weight / fat the cell that was full (hard) gains extra space and thus not as dense and now 'jiggly'. I wouldn't quote me because I am not sure but this is just what I understood of fat.

SCRAM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCRAM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCRAM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCRAM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCRAM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCRAM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCRAM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCRAM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCRAM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCRAM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCRAM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by joverba2 View Post
    I do not know if this is correct or not but as you may or may not know fat cells stay forever, you can gain them but never lose them (without surgery.) So how I understand fat works is that a fat cell can expand when you gain weight / fat and when you lose weight / fat the cell that was full (hard) gains extra space and thus not as dense and now 'jiggly'. I wouldn't quote me because I am not sure but this is just what I understood of fat.

it makes sense to me.
    The switch has been thrown and an animal I have become !...........

Briisk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Briisk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Briisk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Briisk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Briisk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Briisk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Briisk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Briisk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Briisk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Briisk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Briisk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bump for better answers
    14-9 total correct guesses (1st place), 61% accurate - Lyon Gaultier Presents Euro 2012 Contest ||| 45-33 total correct guesses (4th place), 58% accurate - 2014 World Cup Pick Em' Giveaway by Lyon Gaultier
    2015-2016 NFL Football Pick-em Trinity: 3rd place, 163 points, 163-93.

keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had never heard of this until you posted it, but I just looked around online and it seems to be true for the most part. What I've read says that you keep the same number of cells, but they grow and shrink. Maybe 'solid' fat makes up areas where the cells are swollen and shoved together, which would explain why they take longer to burn off. (And would explain why I have areas that seem to be becoming jiggly as I lose weight). And 'jiggly' areas are fat cells that have more elasticity because they're not as full. Of course, IANAdoctor so it could be the total opposite.

Originally Posted by joverba2 View Post
    Last edited by keeganfrank; 04-02-2008 at 04:39 PM.
    09/15/10 262.0#
    09/15/11 226.2#
    09/12/12 205.4#
    10/22/12 200.0#

Frankb88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frankb88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frankb88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frankb88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frankb88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frankb88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frankb88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frankb88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frankb88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frankb88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frankb88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JmoFinD View Post
    If that was the case, call me arnie.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    VAT vs BAT look up those terms

visceral and brown.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

markos1007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i heard that jiggly fat = blood vessels growing into fat areas to get at the energy stored there, so when you are super fat then start working out you feel softer while losing weight

hard fat = more dense and not being used/no blood vessels nearby to tap into the reserves cause ur body isn't using it

Honey75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honey75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honey75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honey75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honey75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honey75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honey75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honey75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honey75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honey75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honey75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visceral fat is different from other body fat. Visceral fat, also called intra-abdominal fat, refers to the fat that surrounds the internal organs. Subcutaneous fat, on the other hand, is body fat that is close to the skin's surface and is considered less dangerous, and easier to lose, than visceral fat.

Found here: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-visceral-fat.htm

CrusadersDT75 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrusadersDT75 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrusadersDT75 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrusadersDT75 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrusadersDT75 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrusadersDT75 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrusadersDT75 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrusadersDT75 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrusadersDT75 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrusadersDT75 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrusadersDT75 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yea I have fat cuz i'm a lineman but it's all pretty solid from doin 800 abs a day for football...it just goes down the more i lose weight
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.' "

New Goals for May 19th (End of Freshman Year):
    Current/Goal

Bench:365/415
    Squat:620/700
    Clean:295(bad wrists)/325
    Vertical:31/35
    40:5.1/5.0
    Weight:293/300

bumpity bump

rockin813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockin813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockin813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockin813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockin813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockin813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockin813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockin813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockin813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockin813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rockin813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've read that jiggly fat is fat that is about to be burned/excreted.

There's a theory that when you burn fat, your body is not sure if you will continue this new lifestyle or simply put the fat back on...so in meantime the fat cells are temporarily stored with water to maintain their presence...thus seeming 'jiggly'. after your body realizes no fat is being deposited into these cells the water is released and the fat cell is emptied out.

That's what I've read on some other forums.

I know my stomach seems more jiggly after a good session of cardio...which seems leaner after a few hrs. It's suggested that the fat burns from inside out..so it's just getting 'broken up' before getting excreted.

thoughts?

kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    *bump* any more thoughts on this?

Hard work and Willpower! TourMaline's Avatar
    TourMaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) TourMaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) TourMaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) TourMaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) TourMaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) TourMaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) TourMaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) TourMaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) TourMaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) TourMaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) TourMaline is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very interesting - has anyone got any references for what they have quoted here? Cheers!

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WaistofSpace View Post
    I once read an article that said jiggly fat is easier to get rid of because it is the makings of solid fat that takes longer to get rid of. i do not know how what I just said will help you, but it is what I heard. If anything you should be able to get rid of it quicker with some hard work.
    Jiggly fat is fat that has empty space interspersed through out the mass...most of the time caused by weight loss. I know all about jiggly fat after losing 420 lbs. in the last four years (not all at once, lost the 330 the first time and I am working on yet more).
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000)
    i heard voids between fat cells are filled with water.

any other thoughts?

nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Ncsketch View Post
    i heard voids between fat cells are filled with water.

any other thoughts?
    Seems to be a popular theory. As the fat cells empty, they get saturated with water until a "whoosh" which is when the water empties. Lyle talks about that in one of his online posts. Not sure how much is just broscience.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html

hockeymaskj is on a distinguished road. (+10) hockeymaskj is on a distinguished road. (+10) hockeymaskj is on a distinguished road. (+10) hockeymaskj is on a distinguished road. (+10) hockeymaskj is on a distinguished road. (+10) hockeymaskj is on a distinguished road. (+10) hockeymaskj is on a distinguished road. (+10) hockeymaskj is on a distinguished road. (+10) hockeymaskj is on a distinguished road. (+10) hockeymaskj is on a distinguished road. (+10) hockeymaskj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've noticed when I'm dropping weight that my fat becomes softer before disappearing.

QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I got very little fat left, and its jiggly as hell :/

Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000)
    There has been some research regarding decay of fat cells over time. I was under the impression that outside of brain cells, most cells die and are replaced but their lifespans differ? Ie, outside of the brain, every cell you have will be replaced in 10 years, etc.
    March 2008: 407 lbs
    06/25/2011: 201.4lbs

Total Lost: 205.6

kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500)
    jiggly fat = subcutaneous fat, which is fat that exists between the muscle and the skin.
    solid fat = visceral fat, which is fat that exists beneath the skin and muscle that surrounds organs.

the visceral fat is more difficult to lose, and can cause many health risks and problems. a beer belly is a prime example of visceral fat.

ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rockin813 View Post
    I've read that jiggly fat is fat that is about to be burned/excreted.

There's a theory that when you burn fat, your body is not sure if you will continue this new lifestyle or simply put the fat back on...so in meantime the fat cells are temporarily stored with water to maintain their presence...thus seeming 'jiggly'. after your body realizes no fat is being deposited into these cells the water is released and the fat cell is emptied out.

That's what I've read on some other forums.

I know my stomach seems more jiggly after a good session of cardio...which seems leaner after a few hrs. It's suggested that the fat burns from inside out..so it's just getting 'broken up' before getting excreted.

thoughts?

I have read alot about if the fat is about to be burned or if you are losing weight it will be jiggly.. In my experience this is true..my belly is softer since I have lost weight.

To OP, good question, reps for both OP and poster I quoted