Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Veins

danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question Veins

Veins Veins Veins............... it seems like every few days lately I notice a new one popping up.

What exactly does that mean?

How do you, as fellow women, feel about veins showing?

How do you handle people, non gym goers, commenting on them?

I teach at the elementary level and some of my kids think its gross.

Guess I am just unsure of how to react to it all. I kind of like them. But, maybe the only reason I like them is because it shows I've worked hard. But what do they really mean? What do they display the result of?

I'm confused on the whole issue especially men vs women.

Thanks ladies for any and all replies! I hope eveyone is having a great week so far and doing well.

Dana

siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i think excessive veins on women are a bit scary its just a mixture of constant vasodiolation and low bodyfat... as long as they are not varicose they arnt too bad i guess... veins like say jamie easons im cool with that rather than snake veins you see on some ms olympia competitors...
    what about you... like them on guys?

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by danapetersen View Post
    Veins Veins Veins............... it seems like every few days lately I notice a new one popping up.

Guess I am just unsure of how to react to it all. I kind of like them. But, maybe the only reason I like them is because it shows I've worked hard. But what do they really mean? What do they display the result of?

Thanks ladies for any and all replies! I hope eveyone is having a great week so far and doing well.

Dana

It means you are very vascular. Your BF is very low. As a man, and speaking as such, I do not like the vascular, veiny look on women. That's just my preference. I like a woman with curves.
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danapetersen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Npeart View Post
    It means you are very vascular. Your BF is very low. As a man, and speaking as such, I do not like the vascular, veiny look on women. That's just my preference. I like a woman with curves.
    Jamie Eason has curves and some veins what do you think of that look?

As for liking them on men, I never even really thought about them.

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Dana, Jamie is a very attractive woman, but a bit skinnier than I like.

I can tell you MOST men like women a little thicker. By that I mean, big boobs, big (not fat) booty, nice thick thighs.

I like the "off" season look better than the contest prep look

By the way, your breast to waist ratio is VERY good ;-)

swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swole2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

wasn't gonna comment on this post seeing how its directly asking for women's opinions but seeing how only guys are responding... Were you concerned about veiny arms? Your arms look a little on the skinny side, maybe put a bit of muscle on them and if the veins are still there. you should be proud of your vascularity. My understanding is well trained muscles, need more nutrients + bloodflow thus the dilation of blood vessels causing more prominent veins.

As far as the ones on your stomach go. You have an admirably nice torso so i definitely wouldn't worry about that. Hell, thats what i aim for when i cut.

Edit: to answer your question though, theres nothing unattractive about them. most men that know what its like to go under 7% bodyfat will respect your lean-ness if anything..
    Last edited by swole2008; 04-01-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Originally Posted by swole2008 View Post
    wasn't gonna comment on this post seeing how its directly asking for women's opinions but seeing how only guys are responding... Were you concerned about veiny arms? Your arms look a little on the skinny side, maybe put a bit of muscle on them and if the veins are still there. you should be proud of your vascularity. My understanding is well trained muscles, need more nutrients + bloodflow thus the dilation of blood vessels causing more prominent veins.

As far as the ones on your stomach go. You have an admirably nice torso so i definitely wouldn't worry about that. Hell, thats what i aim for when i cut.

Edit: to answer your question though, theres nothing unattractive about them. most men that know what its like to go under 7% bodyfat will respect your lean-ness if anything..
    those pics are about 3 weeks old and the vein thing has changed.
    Thanks for everyone's posts, I greatly appreciate!!!

momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momto3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have large veins for a girl too. The more I lift the bigger they get. My bodyfat % is not all that low but my veins are fairly prominent. There's not really anything you can do about it, I don't think, so I wouldn't worry about it. It's a sign that your healthy....nothing to worry about. One good thing about it if you ever have to go to the doctor to have blood drawn, the nurse has no problem getting the needle to hit a vein!

As far as guys go if a guy doesn't like you b/c you have visible veins in your arms, etc, he's not the kind of guy you want to have around. Just my two cents.

Talking

thanks for replies so far!

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i didn't read the response...i have to go iron a shirt and take a shower (and i'm lazy)

but, veins become more apparent basically from 2 reasons: lower bodyfat and increased vein size from increased workload. training kind of requires more blowflow (your body actually creates more blood vessels from training, though probably not at the subcutaneous level - it's called angiogenesis IIRC), so the vessels get larger to accommodate that.

there might be some other reasons as well, but i'd venture to guess that those are probably the two biggest reason for someone in your shoes.

i think veins are hot, unless we're talking like pro bodybuilder level...which we're not. even at that level, i don't really dislike them...they are just a bit excessive.

but, i love fit women...there's nothing hotter. well, except maybe a fit women with lots of ink
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job

Originally Posted by j_neatherlin View Post
    i didn't read the response...i have to go iron a shirt and take a shower (and i'm lazy)

but, veins become more apparent basically from 2 reasons: lower bodyfat and increased vein size from increased workload. training kind of requires more blowflow (your body actually creates more blood vessels from training, though probably not at the subcutaneous level - it's called angiogenesis IIRC), so the vessels get larger to accommodate that.

there might be some other reasons as well, but i'd venture to guess that those are probably the two biggest reason for someone in your shoes.

i think veins are hot, unless we're talking like pro bodybuilder level...which we're not. even at that level, i don't really dislike them...they are just a bit excessive.

but, i love fit women...there's nothing hotter. well, except maybe a fit women with lots of ink

Thanks...... go iron your shirt!

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love my veins. I especially love the one that runs from my shoulder down to my hand. It shows I work my ass off, and that I've got my body fat down. I'm even more excited that the ones on my lower abs are starting to show too.

My mom always had veins poppin as a result of growing up on a farm, so I never had a negative view of them. I wouldn't want to get any rope-sized veins going, but I love how it shows my heart's working hard to get the blood to the muscle.

I absolutely LOVE vascularity on a man. Just like J said....throw some ink on there too and I'm done
    Last edited by norinicole; 04-01-2008 at 08:33 AM.
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

carpster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carpster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carpster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carpster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carpster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carpster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carpster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carpster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carpster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carpster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carpster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I really don't have an issue with vascular women. I kind of dig the whole super-torn-up look. The veins are not a turn off for me at all.

The only place on the body that they creep me out a little is on the stomach.

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by norinicole View Post
    I love my veins. I especially love the one that runs from my shoulder down to my hand. It shows I work my ass off, and that I've got my body fat down. I'm even more excited that the ones on my lower abs are starting to show too.

My mom always had veins poppin as a result of growing up on a farm, so I never had a negative view of them. I wouldn't want to get any rope-sized veins going, but I love how it shows my heart's working hard to get the blood to the muscle.

I absolutely LOVE vascularity on a man. Just like J said....throw some ink on there too and I'm done
    so how you doin'?
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by j_neatherlin View Post
    so how you doin'?
    Not bad...you?
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samus_Fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been wanting some veins, myself, as I think it is a sign of leanness and hard work (Even though it is partially genetic). I don't think it's gross, per se, on anyone, but there are certainly extreme degrees that are not as flattering, IMHO.

Having said that, I deal with a lot of gross veins comments because even though mine don't show a ton in the sense of vascularity, I am super-pale and you can see the blue lines all over my arms and below my neck. I've been asked what's wrong with my arm, told they are disgusting, etc (nice people, eh??).... but I am usually kind of fond of them because I generally like being pale; I feel it kind of sets me apart.....

I would say the only real issue is how you feel about them; if they bother you, you might want to consider gaining some bf, and if they don't, well, no problem!

Originally Posted by Samus_Fan View Post
    I have been wanting some veins, myself, as I think it is a sign of leanness and hard work (Even though it is partially genetic). I don't think it's gross, per se, on anyone, but there are certainly extreme degrees that are not as flattering, IMHO.

Having said that, I deal with a lot of gross veins comments because even though mine don't show a ton in the sense of vascularity, I am super-pale and you can see the blue lines all over my arms and below my neck. I've been asked what's wrong with my arm, told they are disgusting, etc (nice people, eh??).... but I am usually kind of fond of them because I generally like being pale; I feel it kind of sets me apart.....

I would say the only real issue is how you feel about them; if they bother you, you might want to consider gaining some bf, and if they don't, well, no problem!

I feel ya...... I know those comments!

manchesterbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i like veins. my goal is to get more popping out. they are starting to pop out of my biceps during curls.

it shows you work hard.

PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Npeart View Post
    Dana, Jamie is a very attractive woman, but a bit skinnier than I like.

I can tell you MOST men like women a little thicker. By that I mean, big boobs, big (not fat) booty, nice thick thighs.

I like the "off" season look better than the contest prep look

I agree 100% I prefer a nice THICK chick.......but the thread isn't about this.

I don't like the veiny look on women, on men, somewhat but not overdone!

Raar!!! Lift heavier!!! FeralGoth's Avatar
    FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up :)

I'm starting to get that too - though I've always had visible veins in my forearms/hands just from always throwing things around and being spastic. There's no mistaking them now though - and that one straight down the bicep is starting to show now, which I think is cool actually. Some people will dig, some won't, if you're cool with them then thats what matters most. Cheers to you for working so hard!
    GiryaGirl.com Kettlebell Training for Women

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When i'm working out my veins pop like crazy, but in general they're just chillin until my body temp gets up and they come out to play.

I think it's just low bf as mentioned, and a lot probably has to do with genetics, i've always had sort of "shallow" veins, which became more visible as i got leaner.

markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lower body fat...it all it is...and guys that are into fit women...love that look.
    Dont do anything to cover them up. You are fit...no need to change that.

My wife has dropped a few pounds for spring and she has veins popping all over her arms...love it.

themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50) themesomorph will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks ladies for any and all replies! I hope everyone is having a great week so far and doing well.

Dana
    I'm not a woman, so sorry if I'm being annoying for commenting.

However, among other things, the more muscle mass your body gets, is the more oxygen you need. Your veins and capillaries dilate to capacitate the oxygen needed for the muscles to grow and work.

But they may show clearly when you have a low body fat level.

If you raise that level just enough, it eventually would become mostly invisible.
    Last edited by themesomorph; 05-01-2008 at 05:54 PM.

BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just take a look at my forearm in my avi! I look like I have a freaking snake winding it's way up my arm under my skin. I say be proud of your veins! It's just a part of being a fit.

Coco9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coco9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coco9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coco9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coco9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coco9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coco9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coco9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coco9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coco9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coco9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Hmmm... mine are HUGE already and I just started lifting two weeks ago. I've always had lots of veins since I've always been lean. I can't imagine how I'm going to be when I'm ripped

Dana
    It means you're getting more and more ripped. Only increasing BF% a little will eliminate vascularity. So stay peeled and veiny or gain weight.

stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Genetics plays a role too.

I've had veiny anterior delts and a thick one over my right bicep ever since I was a little kid, long before I've even touched weights.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I can say that I am attracted to fit women.

You are young, attractive, and in shape. Veins in the arms also show that you have a strong work ethic and are a strong woman.
    This will attract the men that value these traits.

many men who like "smoother women" also see the possibility to dominate what they perceive as a 'weaker' person.
    You definitely don't give off that vibe so these men will not pursue you. This is a GOOD thing as you will dump their asses as soon as their true colors show.

Too many men say they want soft, when what they think of is "playboy centerfold". Big boobs, ghetto booty, and a favorite color of "bright & sunny".
    They are shocked if they see a woman in the squat rack, much the less actually squatting in it, since they don't themselves.
    Be proud of what you are and don't worry about others perceptions.
    My wife is also a teacher, and the veiny arms, if they scare the kids a bit, can work in your favor for sure.

Here's a little article from my wife, enjoy
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par20.htm
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Talking

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    I can say that I am attracted to fit women.

You are young, attractive, and in shape. Veins in the arms also show that you have a strong work ethic and are a strong woman.
    This will attract the men that value these traits.

many men who like "smoother women" also see the possibility to dominate what they perceive as a 'weaker' person.
    You definitely don't give off that vibe so these men will not pursue you. This is a GOOD thing as you will dump their asses as soon as their true colors show.

Too many men say they want soft, when what they think of is "playboy centerfold". Big boobs, ghetto booty, and a favorite color of "bright & sunny".
    They are shocked if they see a woman in the squat rack, much the less actually squatting in it, since they don't themselves.
    Be proud of what you are and don't worry about others perceptions.
    My wife is also a teacher, and the veiny arms, if they scare the kids a bit, can work in your favor for sure.

Here's a little article from my wife, enjoy
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par20.htm

Thanks! What a great post - reply to wake up to. Now I'm ready to go to the gym verses crawling back in bed for a little bit. I know my students love me just the way I am. But they always are asking if I can show them my muscles. (Cooler weather = long sleeves for me !)