jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

whats the correct way to breathe while exercising?

say this is bench pressing.. do you breathe in while you push it up or what? do you exhale when the bar is at the top or when you're bringing it back down? i read a few articles but none really specified

_Mazza_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Mazza_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Mazza_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Mazza_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Mazza_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Mazza_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Mazza_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Mazza_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Mazza_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Mazza_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Mazza_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I take a deep breath when lowering the bar then breathe out while pushing.

I don't think it really matters though, as long as you remember to keep breathing

sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    squat, breath in, un-rack, breath out, take deep breath, go down, exhale on way up

patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I always exhale when exerting force, so when benching I exhale while raising the bar and inhale on the way down.
    I am inspired by Zyzz. Did I deletes?

Eat, Lift, Study, Sleep Matthoop11's Avatar
    Matthoop11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthoop11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthoop11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthoop11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthoop11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthoop11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthoop11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthoop11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthoop11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthoop11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthoop11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The correct way for bench is to take a deap breath at the top and then hold your breath the entire way down and all the way up (this gives you a solid base), wait to exhale until near the top, and then repeat for next rep.

This also helps you keep a good pace when lifting. Lifting faster lets you lift more weight.
    "This is now. How can I change tomorrow, if I can't change today." -HateBreed

"If you're out of breath, dizzy, feel like vomiting, and can't remember your name... you are on the right road."

- Cutting from 175 lbs. 13% BF
    - Goal 7-8% 165ish, then clean bulking for a year.
    (I Rep Back)

Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Matthoop11 View Post
    The correct way for bench is to take a deap breath at the top and then hold your breath the entire way down and all the way up (this gives you a solid base), wait to exhale until near the top, and then repeat for next rep.

This also helps you keep a good pace when lifting. Lifting faster lets you lift more weight.
    Breath normally doing your lifts. I only change my breathing for bench, and I do what Matthoop said. Im not saying its what you are supposed to do, ive seen many but its just me. I have a bad habit of holding my breath while I lift also.

You get better results when you control your lifts as opposed to lifting fast and using the momentum instead of 100% just your muscles. Unless you trying to lift for explosive power....but this is the bodybuilding section not the sports, so im just assuming.

burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Matthoop11 View Post

This is correct.

If you can breathe any time except at the top of a bench press you are not tight enough.