Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    michrudy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

WOW! I'm glad!

Originally Posted by mukarakaplan View Post
    It had been 5 days since I started consuming ON 100% whey protein strawberry banana flavor three times a day, and then I had my first afib last Monday. 5 days! It happened during the workout and in my case the trigger was doing dips. I'm 29, too young to get afib... I have a very healthy lifestyle and I don't use any other supplements so I really suspect that it's the whey protein which caused my afib. I stopped using it now. I wish I saw this thread before starting using the whey protein. These products look so innocent in their packages...
    I read that afib is progressive. Let's see when I'll experience my second episode. I'll try to keep everything the same except using whey protein.
    Wow am I glad I found this! I've been taking ON 100% Whey protein for like 2 weeks...wanting to up my protein intake. In the last 3 days I've felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest!! HUGE palpitations! A-fib...that stops after a few minutes...(I have been to the hospital a-fib a few years ago...I know what it feels like! I thought I'd do a quick search on this...and sure enough...here it is!
    I've slept crappy... My head feels like it's going to explode...so I'm assuming my blood pressure is way up as well...
    I'm going to stop taking the whey...it's the ONLY thing I've changed in my diet!
    I'm just glad I found this! My body MUST be reacting... In an EXTREME way! THANKS everyone!

IZN_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah...i take ON's gold standard whey and this thing gives me palpitations.
    next time will go for ON's Classic whey as it Provides Naturally-Occurring Whey Protein Microfractions, BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine, & Valine), and Glutamine.
    any other recommendations guys?
    thnks

komodrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i signed up for this forum just to warn you guys. most whey protein powders contain the amino acid l-tyrosine. I myself am very sensitive to this amino acid, and it's VERY common for people to experience heart palpitations due to l-tyrosine.
    to test this, goto your local gnc or drug store, buy l-tyrosine in capsule form. i bought mine at gnc and noticed heart palpitations all day after taking it for a week.

MadMuscleMania has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadMuscleMania has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadMuscleMania has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bbillcee View Post
    for a while i was using a whey protein and started to develop nasty heart palpitations/flutters and gas in the middle of the night

after going for stress test, event monitors etc etc my heart is ok but on a hunch i stopped the whey protein and the palps went away!!!!

was just wondering if anyone had similar experience

thanx

billy
    Hmmm, You know what, its never happened to me but funnily enough my friend at work had the same problem. Turned out though it was a combination of factors in his case. Although when he switched to other brands of Protein it was significantly better. Hard to be sure tho cause he changed a lot of things in his diet too...
    http://madformuscle.com

Real Men Arent Natural crashcrash29's Avatar
    crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Most brands of Whey Protein contain the BCAA Tyrosine which is medically known to cause heart palpitations and high blood pressure in some individuals. I know this because I was having the same problem for months and doctors could not figure out what it was; they said stress anxiety etc. etc. Finally my new doctor who happens to be a fitness nut asked questions, turns out he had the same problem and found through research that the cause of it was Tyrosine.

Discontinue use before it causes more problems for you later in the future. Find a protein supplement with out this ingredient or just up your intake of protein through food you eat daily.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by crashcrash29 View Post
    Most brands of Whey Protein contain the BCAA Tyrosine
    1. Tyrosine isn't a BCAA
    2. Tyrosine can be fund in all animal meat, fish, egg & milk/whey products. You have to be vegetarian to remove it from your diet.

Discontinue use before it causes more problems for you later in the future. Find a protein supplement with out this ingredient or just up your intake of protein through food you eat daily.
    Tyrosine an amino acid. Dont waste people's time.
    * ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *

crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crashcrash29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PopeGregorius View Post
    1. Tyrosine isn't a BCAA
    2. Tyrosine can be fund in all animal meat, fish, egg & milk/whey products. You have to be vegetarian to remove it from your diet.

Tyrosine an amino acid. Dont waste people's time.

Tyrosine (abbreviated as Tyr or Y)[1] or 4-hydroxyphenylalanine, is one of the 20 amino acids that are used by cells to synthesize proteins. Its codons are UAC and UAU. It is a non-essential amino acid with a polar side group. The word "tyrosine" is from the Greek tyri, meaning cheese, as it was first discovered in 1846 by German chemist Justus von Liebig in the protein casein from cheese.[2][3]

Sorry for saying Branched Chain was typing faster then I was thinking.

And yes it is in our daily diet but for some to large of an amount on a daily basis can cause these palpitations that some experience including myself.

Do your research before saying something isnt what it is. Being that you are in a research based bodybuilding community you would think you would do that? LOL
    Last edited by crashcrash29; 09-28-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: not complete

Nutrients that can cause an arrhythmia include tyrosine amino acid, phenylalanine amino acid, and high doses of SAM-e, the mood enhancing supplement. The dose of tyrosine that can cause heart palpitations could be as low as 200 mg in those who are sensitive to this amino acid. SAM-e pills are available at 200 mg per tablet, and one of these tablets taken 2 or 3 days in a row could cause an arrhythmia is susceptible individuals.

Compliments of Web MD

bbillcee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the bottom line is these powders should be avoided and get your protein from food

but we always want the easy way:P

cklein82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

its nasty stuff for some
    i Don't know if anyone is still interested in this being nearly a year old post but.....

Atrial Fibrillation is common in the elderly and can be treated by ablation,oral meds
    it is also seen in atheletes, it is also seen in the ages of 20 - 40 yr olds who are normally fit and healthy and is known as paroxysmol A.F this can last from 1 hr to a week or 2!! after 2 yrs continuous will be classed as permanent or after several attempts of meds,cardioversion,ablation etc, i had A.F for 8 hrs and a heart rate of 143 whilst sitting down lol but touch wood none since and that was 4 yrs ago now though it scared the **** out of me! in my job i see this all the time and it still scared me as they say a little knowledge is to much,
    As for the palpitations ~ These could be PVC's (premature ventricular contractions), PVB's (premature vent beats) or EVB's (extrasystole ventric beats) all the same thing, most times they are benign but see a cardiologist as tests need to be done to confirm no structual defects are present i.e heart valves blood tests to inc lft,tft,rheumatic fever, glandular fever screening, echocardiogram, 12 lead ecgs etc,
    contributing factors are
    Caffeine & smoking,Stress/anxiety, Steroids, Alcohol, Dehydration, Metabolite problems i.e thyroid issues,Electrolyte inbalance E.g Hyperkalaemia (to much potassium) or to little (hypokalaemia) so less on the bananas as to much potassium side effect is a flat line!!!
    I have several friends who are senior cardiac nurses, consultants etc who have
    all said they are normal and everyone has them but most don't feel them
    I had them over a yr ago and boy they really scared me A.F was tame though at the time i was taking creatine,hmb,bcaa's,tribulus,anabol amp,zma,caffeine drinks,protein shakes etc etc etc so i wonder why i had them??? hmmmmm?? i still get the occasional ectopic beat and i stopped the gym completely when i tipped the scales over 17 1/2 stone at 6ft 2 with 19 inch biceps it was enough for me
    so don't worry but ease of the supplements and don't go in blind when using this stuff as i did, doing the job i do i cannot believe how stupid i was not to research, just to be big??? ain't worth it guys

abcmehra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How serious is heart palpitation? Shall I see a doctor?

[QUOTE=cklein82;651761033]i Don't know if anyone is still interested in this being nearly a year old post but.....

"As for the palpitations ~ These could be PVC's (premature ventricular contractions), PVB's (premature vent beats) or EVB's (extrasystole ventric beats) all the same thing, most times they are benign but see a cardiologist as tests need to be done to confirm no structual defects are present i.e heart valves blood tests to inc lft,tft,rheumatic fever, glandular fever screening, echocardiogram, 12 lead ecgs etc,
    contributing factors are "

I had been using ON gold standard Whey for 2 years without any problems. I bought Elite Gourmet Casein and had 5 scoops in nearly 7 days. Since then I have developed those nasty palpitations. These occur like once in 30 min. My question is how to decide about the seriousness of palpitations? Shall I consult a doctor right away or shall I wait for 1-2 weeks after leaving protien shakes.

fastrip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastrip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastrip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastrip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastrip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastrip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastrip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If i get an irregular heartbeat i just jerk off. By the time i finish everythings back to normal.
    Anything that isn't part of your body and mind, isn't truly yours!

TheEndTimes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Guys! I have been having these palpitations too! and I think I know WHY!!

Guys! I am so glad I found this post as I felt like I was the only one with everyone I would ask! I have been having heart palpitations as well... I have been taking ON 100% whey but not the all natural version.... as well as Cytogainer! last year I went through one of the most scariest and depressing times of my life.. I REALLY thought I was going to die ....I noticed every time I would pick my legs up or having my legs elevated higher than my upper body it would cause palpitations and NO I do not have any prior heart conditions and have always been extremely healthy...

The palpitations have been happening on and off for about a year... I even visited the doctor last year around the spring time and had an EKG test and it revealed everything was normal and fine.... I did noticed stress increased my palitaions a bit but i know for sure it did not start it... One night as I was laying in bed I felt the palpitations so much so that I thought I was going to die that very instant it was sad as hell!.. anyways I read this forum last month and really wanted to post but didn't get the chance... so I came back today after doing a bit more research and I just wanted to share my experience AS WELL AS share a bit of my research as well! ...

It really sucks because I bought a new 5LB tub of Cyto-gainer and 100% WHEY and I found this post after buying them and felt like i wasted about $120 so I have been still using them telling myself that it would be the last time using those and will switch to NATURAL gold standard .. OR nothing at all and just invest in real FOOD etc. Anyways guys I hope you come back and read my reply as well as hear this.... I was relieved to hear that others were having the same prob and also relieved that you guys narrowed it down but the truth is.... I am not sure if anyone here mentioned this but I believe this could be the real reason (or contributing factor at the least) of why we have been getting these palps! ready?......

SUCRALOSE!!! the artificial sweetener... no it does not have as bad of a REPUTATION as aspartame BUT only because it hasn't been out long enough!! So just like I googled " whey protein causing heart palpitations" I, today, googled "sucralose causing heart palpitations" and found ALOT of stuff! here is one of the forums that I found that made me feel like maybe I should just discontinue use today so that i don't screw myself over because of the feeling of loosing money!...

well i was going to give a link but I see I have to have 50 or more posts to do so! so just google the search term "sucralose causing heart palpitations" ... Good luck to you all.. and ALL the best! the FDA is poisoning us... call it Conspiracy Theory all you want.. IT IS THE TRUTH.

Registered User 1971chevelle454's Avatar
    1971chevelle454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tyrosine (abbreviated as Tyr or Y)[1] or 4-hydroxyphenylalanine, is one of the 20 amino acids that are used by cells to synthesize proteins. Its codons are UAC and UAU. It is a non-essential amino acid with a polar side group. The word "tyrosine" is from the Greek tyri, meaning cheese, as it was first discovered in 1846 by German chemist Justus von Liebig in the protein casein from cheese.[2][3]

Sorry for saying Branched Chain was typing faster then I was thinking.

And yes it is in our daily diet but for some to large of an amount on a daily basis can cause these palpitations that some experience including myself.

Do your research before saying something isnt what it is. Being that you are in a research based bodybuilding community you would think you would do that? LOL

I have been having the same problem with the shakes. High blood pressure and Palpations... What protien powder did you swich to because i cant seem to find one that does not cause this issue...

Steve3893 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Order Whey Protein - track.moreniche.com/hit.php?w=168081&s=219&a=12900
    the order arrived last week no problems, the effect well

razor123456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

heart problem

hey dude im started take whey before 2 week and i have same problem like u tell me did that problem de sissapeared when ur stped taking whey?

razor123456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi dude i have same problem i feel like will my heart explode and had ridioactive gasses haha tell me did that problem dissapeared when r stoped taking whey?......

mamadrezab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have the same problem!

I'm really surprised !
    I took whey for about 2 month, after 2 years one day i had a terrible Heart Palpitations, so I visit a doctor,
    I was diagnosed with A-Fib . I had no history of hearth problem in family.
    my doctor suggest me to do ablation as soon as possible, and I did it 6 month a go, after I read these issues, I just began thinking if whey is the origin of my problem!

I passed really bad days. so i think it doesn't really worth it.

just an update.......i started eating a protein bar a few months (soy protein isolate) i check my blood pressure the other day out of the blue 145/85.. i was very shocked because im now vegan and there is really no reason for it....so i figured i'd stop the bar because all the past **** and sure bp is back to normal after a few days. im just gonna stick with the "raw" proteins garden of life and sunwarrior...anyone else who has sensitivity i recommend these...they are pea/rice/hemp blends no nasty soy or whey isolates

humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Could be that it's chocolate flavour protein? Has a cocoa powder in it so caffeine can make your heart jump.

Tone303 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tone303 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tone303 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tone303 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tone303 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tone303 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tone303 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tone303 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tone303 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tone303 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tone303 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    god damn just googled and found this thread...had the ON gold standard colossal choc delivered today and just tried some this evening and I feel like I took a Pre WO...not what I was wanting
    *skinny fat crew*
    *cycling crew*
    *racing crew*
    *dual-sport bike crew*
    *green eye crew*

georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100)

My body is f***ed for TWO MONTHS?!

hi guys, I had also been consuming 1,5 scoop of ON's whey protein standard for nearly 5 weeks before the attacks came....I was having severe insomnia, heart palpitations, increased thirst, nausea, muscle spasms and bloating...I stopped taking this **** two moths ago, the attacks have been reduced but are still here....especially when I eat a large meal, my stomach becomes bloated like a balloon and the palpitations start....is this possible that the MSG is still in my system? When will I be normal again?

Originally Posted by georgee95 View Post
    hi guys, I had also been consuming 1,5 scoop of ON's whey protein standard for nearly 5 weeks before the attacks came....I was having severe insomnia, heart palpitations, increased thirst, nausea, muscle spasms and bloating...I stopped taking this **** two moths ago, the attacks have been reduced but are still here....especially when I eat a large meal, my stomach becomes bloated like a balloon and the palpitations start....is this possible that the MSG is still in my system? When will I be normal again?
    yes nasty stuff buddy.....make sure your not consuming any processed protein powders or bars.... i just stick with plain hemp powder and it has been great

georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100) georgee95 is not very well liked. (-100)
    yes nasty stuff buddy.....make sure your not consuming any processed protein powders or bars.... i just stick with plain hemp powder and it has been great
    I have not put anything like this in my mouth for two months...in what way do you think it messed up my digestion? Why do I have bloating and an awkward feeling of fullness after every meal? it sucks....

Could I please speak privately to someone who has been through this torment? My palps went crazy yesterday, it would be a miracle if I managed to sleep a total of 2 hours...how long will it take for my body to flush this garbage out?!

Originally Posted by georgee95 View Post
    Could I please speak privately to someone who has been through this torment? My palps went crazy yesterday, it would be a miracle if I managed to sleep a total of 2 hours...how long will it take for my body to flush this garbage out?!
    It took me a few weeks ..u can pm me

you want to give your doctor a visit to rule out other possible issues

sara439 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think its beacause bcaa and creatine

rjpomp is just really nice. (+1000) rjpomp is just really nice. (+1000) rjpomp is just really nice. (+1000) rjpomp is just really nice. (+1000) rjpomp is just really nice. (+1000) rjpomp is just really nice. (+1000) rjpomp is just really nice. (+1000) rjpomp is just really nice. (+1000) rjpomp is just really nice. (+1000) rjpomp is just really nice. (+1000) rjpomp is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have been on Myprotein Impact whey and have never had an issue.
    MS,CPT,PES,NASE-CSS

crazy6packs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink referece plz ?

well what i cam up with is this:

the whey/soy proteins with high glutamic acid content were giving palpitation and ALOT of gas and also increased anxiety and high blood pressure

i was using the protein 4 or 5 months before the attacks started happening

from what i have read free glutamic acid is the main component of MSG and comes as a by product of whey and soy and i guess any other manufactured powder

so i believe i was having a reaction to MSG

since i have stopped taking powdered proteins my blood pressure has dropped alot and things have been much better

glutamic acid is an amino acid but when its in meat or normal food its bound to other stuff making it ok...but when in a protein powder it in a freed state which some are sensitive too....this info is what i have read
    can you provide a reference to the information you read?
    http://becksmithhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Vin-Diesel-and-Dwayne-Johnson-Fast-Five.jpg