JHazer90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Starting to Body build, newbie questions.

First let me introduce myself, I'm Justin, I'm 17, 110 lb. and approx 5'5" 165cm tall, I'm really skinny and short and look almost 2 years younger then I actually am because of this. I want to improve my body; Gain weight, in muscle or just gain weight period. I have a lot of equipment and spare time to work with. I am going to start trying a 4 day workout schedule and I have a few questions regarding nutrition and supplementation. I have done a lot of research, but still have a few questions floating in my mind.

I'm aiming for the 3:1.5 ratio for Protein:Carbs, since I'm very skinny. At 110 lb. I?ll need ~165 Grams of protein, and ~330 carbs Per day. So that works out to Aprrox 28g and 55 carbs a meal. Before a month ago I did not know ANYTHING about carbs, protein, ect, so try to explain it to me as simple/dumb as possible, Here are my questions:

What types of food should I be eating on a diet aimed towards gaining weight and building muscle mass?

Can I be substitute the food in my diet with meal replacement stuff like Weight gainers/Protein Shakes for my meals that I am having every 2 hours?

Should I be using Protein powder in my diet, or is that only if I'm eating the wrong types of food (food lacking in protein)?

How long should I be into my workout routine before I start using creatine?

What brands of Weight Gainers, Protein Powders, and Creatine do you recommend for someone built like me?

Should I be eating an extra meal before or after my workout? Or Both?

When starting to work out, should I start working out with more reps with less weight, or use heavy weights and aim to fail at 6-10 reps?

Are there any other tips you might have for someone starting out?

P.S. I've done SOO MUCH REASEARCH, I can't go on any longer, so please don't make fun of my probably stupid/newbie questions, I just want this to work out. Please keep in mind my weight/height/age when answering these questions.

For now I'll start getting my routine down. Hopefully I can figure out answers to these questions soon. I look forward to your replies =). Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by JHazer90; 03-30-2008 at 07:33 PM.

MindZiper is a name known to all. (+5000) MindZiper is a name known to all. (+5000) MindZiper is a name known to all. (+5000) MindZiper is a name known to all. (+5000) MindZiper is a name known to all. (+5000) MindZiper is a name known to all. (+5000) MindZiper is a name known to all. (+5000) MindZiper is a name known to all. (+5000) MindZiper is a name known to all. (+5000) MindZiper is a name known to all. (+5000) MindZiper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    welcome bro.

uh... just do the basics...
    1. lift hard. bust yo ass.
    2. lots of protein 1/2 to 1.5g of protein per lb
    3.multivitamin
    4.fish oil
    5. high caloric intake (dont over do it tho... around 3000-4000)

go to bodybuilding.com for more info

peace
    ♂Nice Ass Crew♀

Free Trade Agreements FTW (2.5K+)

UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well I started at 5'11" 145, so I know what you mean about being really skinny. I'm not to knowledgeable about the carbs and such, but I do know about the weightgainers. I use Muscle Juice and I love it, so I would def recommend that. Others recommend Cytogainer, which I haven't tried yet. In terms of whey protein, ON 100% is def the best in my opinion. Also I started taking creatine not long after starting to work out, and I take EAS Creatine Monohydrate (Phos****en or something like that). Oh and don't worry man as long as you eat right and workout, you will put on weight. 8 weeks ago I started at 145 and now I'm pushing 170. Good luck!
    Raiders/Yankees/Nets/Arizona Wildcats

dbdavis20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbdavis20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbdavis20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbdavis20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbdavis20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbdavis20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbdavis20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbdavis20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbdavis20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbdavis20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbdavis20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    eat eat eat

try to eat as clean as you can: oats, rice, meat, tuna, meat, fish, nuts, more meat, milk, etc.

just eat eat eat.

lift hard, eat, sleep.

Recovers with Shockwave! AMillane7's Avatar
    AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MiniZiper View Post
    welcome bro.

uh... just do the basics...
    1. lift hard. bust yo ass.
    2. lots of protein 1/2 to 1.5g of protein per lb
    3.multivitamin
    4.fish oil
    5. high caloric intake (dont over do it tho... around 3000-4000)

go to bodybuilding.com for more info

peace
    i didnt read any of the op but this is good advice

Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol @ "3:1.5 ratio"

but yer, at least youre one of the ppl that arent concerned about fat gain.. its gonna be easy for you to put on weight boi.. just EAT. clean? dirty? anything. just shovel it in
    -->>MMC<<--
    Aussie Supp Misc Family
    Bromance Crew

Crimson01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im pretty similar to you. I started exactly 4 months ago, at 104 lbs, 5'7. Now im 126lbs. Benching 145 as my max, Squat 150~ and i am now just starting a 5x5 program. (Changed it up just a bit.) Not bad for someone who couldn't bench my body weight.

All i can say is eat alot of food.(meat, tuna, egg, milk, rice, bread, nuts, yogurt. etc.), and workout. Also, dont make the mistake I did working out 6 days a week. Overtraining = bad. Follow Ripple 5x5. If you have any questions, just ask more.

The only supplement I had was a very crappy unknown brand protein whey powder, which taste like crap, but it had 30g of protein so i didnt complain. Im getting some CytoGainer in a while.

4estGimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4estGimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4estGimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4estGimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4estGimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4estGimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4estGimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4estGimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4estGimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4estGimp is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4estGimp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow.... Ignore all that ratio BS and pseudo science crap. EAT, TRAIN, SLEEP.

EAT a lot all day long.... period.

BTW, do this: http://www.leehayward.com/squats.htm
    Overcoming the Pressure of a Six-Pack: How I Gained 100 lbs in High School
    http://www.elitefts.com/documents/six_pack.htm

Westside for Skinny Bastards: http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459321

Teens have the most growth potential and highest testosterone of their lives. Don't waste it cutting and looking at your abs.

SQUAT, BENCH, DEADLIFT , ROW - EAT, SLEEP, GROW. Train with intensity - Train consistently.