xKairos_hXc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Quitting my gym, time to get some in-home equipment.

Over the past several weeks I find myself less and less willing to make the 50 minute round-trip drive to my gym. I have an awful schedule at work that makes working out 3 times a week hard as well because it doesn't work well with my current gym's schedule.

I was looking at this:

http://bestbuyfitness.com/product.asp?intProdID=1782

Powertec Workbench Rack System (WB-BRS6)
    And was wondering if anyone has any experience with it? It seems like it would be great as I could do pretty much all of the essentials and of course get some seperate free weights.

Anyway, any suggestions would be great on other machinery or on what to get without completely losing the gains and "experience" of being at a real gym. Thanks!

King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm the same, I'm tired of going to the gym and will be setting up a home gym soon.

Maybe look into the powertec power rack instead, its got good reviews and I'm interested in purchasing it.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did the same recently...I have the PTEC WB-LS and a rack....

I suggest you get a good rack with a hi-lo pulley for for rows/pulldowns.
    That and some DBs and your all set.

What I'm saying is I like my PTEC, but I would not have bothered if I had it to do over again.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do some forum searches on powertec and you'll find days worth of reading material.

Werloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Werloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Werloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Werloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Werloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Werloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Werloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Werloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Werloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Werloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Werloc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For anything else that you may need, have a look at graigslist.org for plates, bars etc. There are tons of deals to be found there. Just look in the "sporting" section in your area. Look there a few times a day, and jump on anything you find that you want as they sell stuff fast there.
    I was in your shoes a few months ago, and found everything I wanted used for a fraction of the price new.

Just try'in to help...
    I'd rather be Pissed Off, than Pissed On..!

snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Home gym

Power cage with dipping attachment, power bar, and plates is a good start, couple of stall mats as a deadlift platform and you are all set. I would recommend glute ham bench ( I own York, great value for the money ), and some kettlebells if you got spare cash. You can get other stuff as needed, I really like my Gerard trap bar, and Dr. Ken log bar, but these are just nice to have and great stuff, but not necessities right away. Cheers!

BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I run a high end fitness equipment store and I can tell you the price on that thing you have linked is as good as it gets for $500.

Try to get your plates from craigslist if you can.

Like one other guys mentioned, I would really recomend gettin a highlow cable system for any home gym, they are just the most versital you can get.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BoDanger View Post
    I run a high end fitness equipment store
    Where?
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hear www.HomeMadeMuscle.net has some good deals
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I got most of my stuff used... The rest at NY Barbell (much with free shipping from th em a few years back)..
    Attached Images
    ~Dave
    ()---() York Barbell Club #41 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #55 []---[]