syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500)

Recomp Vs Fat burners

Do non PH/steroid recomp supplements really exist/work?..

If so, why do people bother with fat burners ? that more than likely take a bit of muscle with the fat that is lost, when they could get something for ?recomp? and put on muscle while losing this fat?

It only takes 3-4 weeks of bulking to easily put on 3-4 pounds of fat. And 2-3 weeks of proper cutting to lose 2-3 pounds of that fat. With a recomp supplement could one of these steps be skipped? Ex/ use it during the bulk to not put on fat, or use it during the cut to put on muscle?!
    -both methods theoretically keeping you lena?

Personally it seems the idea of recomp suplements and fat burners contradict one another. Or am I missing something? It seems pretty idiotic to take a fat burner if you could simply take a ?recomp? supplement.

what am i missing?!

syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500) syssstem is not very helpful. (-500)
    anyone?

no responses?! nni? cal? natural guy? in10city?! swords?! rod?! lazy?!

1st RD TKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1st RD TKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1st RD TKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1st RD TKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1st RD TKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1st RD TKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1st RD TKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1st RD TKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1st RD TKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1st RD TKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1st RD TKO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pretty sure that's the whole idea with Lean Xtreme.
    I think the simplest answer to your question is that it seems most people go through a bulk for so long, then a cut for so long because it's easier to see results this way.
    A long slow recomp doesn't have the same immediate gratification.
    I don't think you're missing anything.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Supplement or no supplement, it is a lot harder to achieve recomp once you are an experienced lifter. Personally, I simply cannot add a considerable amount of muscle unless I am in a fairly large caloric overage, so it's not in my best interest. If my goals were to just look athletic year round rather than competition, maybe this would be a more viable route.

I'd think the best recomp supplements would be the basics like Creatine and Beta Alanine (vitamins + protein of course) and some form of ALA - key points while being on maintenance calories would be insulin sensitivity and glucose disposal.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 1st RD TKO View Post
    Pretty sure that's the whole idea with Lean Xtreme.
    I think the simplest answer to your question is that it seems most people go through a bulk for so long, then a cut for so long because it's easier to see results this way.
    A long slow recomp doesn't have the same immediate gratification.
    I don't think you're missing anything.
    i agree with this, but if fat starts accumulaing a recomp isnt a bad idea to reign it in a little neither is a brief cut. i could be wrong, but long bulks get harder because your body will adapt to the calories, a short recomp at maintenace or cut will shock your body and force it to try and compensate again, and you may have good early results when you return to bulking.
    www.placebro.net

This is a bandit's life, it comes and goes and thems the breaks.

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    Supplement or no supplement, it is a lot harder to achieve recomp once you are an experienced lifter. Personally, I simply cannot add a considerable amount of muscle unless I am in a fairly large caloric overage, so it's not in my best interest. If my goals were to just look athletic year round rather than competition, maybe this would be a more viable route.

I'd think the best recomp supplements would be the basics like Creatine and Beta Alanine (vitamins + protein of course) and some form of ALA - key points while being on maintenance calories would be insulin sensitivity and glucose disposal.
    Originally Posted by nni View Post
    i agree with this, but if fat starts accumulaing a recomp isnt a bad idea to reign it in a little neither is a brief cut. i could be wrong, but long bulks get harder because your body will adapt to the calories, a short recomp at maintenace or cut will shock your body and force it to try and compensate again, and you may have good early results when you return to bulking.
    Great posts right here.

Shocking the body...always good. I think timing your cho intake properly goes a long way. Certain fat burners work really well for a recomp as well (Light dose of dicana or thryotabs, dcp, burn3d, red acid). The important things are to make sure your diet is set up properly, and that your training is sound. ALA based products, green tea, nonstims, fish oil...they can help out a lot as well.

JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ZDub212 View Post
    Great posts right here.

Shocking the body...always good. I think timing your cho intake properly goes a long way. Certain fat burners work really well for a recomp as well (Light dose of dicana or thryotabs, dcp, burn3d, red acid). The important things are to make sure your diet is set up properly, and that your training is sound. ALA based products, green tea, nonstims, fish oil...they can help out a lot as well.
    Doesn't shocking your body with a sudden excess or decrease in calories lead to fat storage and/or muscle loss? I've always read you have to ease your body into a bulk or a cut.
    go pack go

Originally Posted by JakeDub View Post
    Doesn't shocking your body with a sudden excess or decrease in calories lead to fat storage and/or muscle loss? I've always read you have to ease your body into a bulk or a cut.
    i watched some video by layne norton on here and he says he goes from +500 calories for 3 weeks, straight to -500 calories for 2 weeks, and back to +500... rinse repeat

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JakeDub View Post
    It varies from person to person. I've found that shocking the body with structured refeeds...sudden drops in calories...sudden increases in calories tends to do me good...others are not so lucky.

I prefer easing into a bulk or cut, but if you cut or bulk for an extended period of time, shocking (through diet or training) can be necessary for improvements to be seen.

JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by syssstem View Post
    i watched some video by layne norton on here and he says he goes from +500 calories for 3 weeks, straight to -500 calories for 2 weeks, and back to +500... rinse repeat
    Ya I've seen that as well and although it may work for layne, I don't think a lot of people buy into it. I think Rodzilla may be on that type of routine.

Originally Posted by ZDub212 View Post
    It varies from person to person. I've found that shocking the body with structured refeeds...sudden drops in calories...sudden increases in calories tends to do me good...others are not so lucky.

I prefer easing into a bulk or cut, but if you cut or bulk for an extended period of time, shocking (through diet or training) can be necessary for improvements to be seen.

Ok that makes sense, definitely agree with you there. I like doing a refeed atleast once a week on a cut.
    go pack go