Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    smallguyjoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) smallguyjoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) smallguyjoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) smallguyjoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) smallguyjoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) smallguyjoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) smallguyjoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) smallguyjoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) smallguyjoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) smallguyjoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) smallguyjoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MLF HNTR View Post
    Just curious. But what were some of the things you started eating, or changed. To help lower your calories?
    Well, just this week I reduced my calories to this (below). This is what I eat on my low days and then on my high days I eat the same but I add a sweet potato, 1/4 cup Carbo Gain, 1 slice of bread, 1 cup milk.

I do 3 low days / 1 high / repeat

So far so good, but once the weight stops dropping I'll add 20-30 min of fasted cardio to the mix.

What I ate during my bulk can be found in my journal. It was similar to this but with more carbs and fat, and 1-3 cheat meals a week

8 am
    6 egg whites cooked in olive oil... 1/2 cup oats w/ raisins... vitamin... 1 cup black Starbucks

10:45 am
    2 scoops whey/ 1/4 cup Carbo Gain/ 2 scoops Xtend/ a banana... vitamin

12:50 pm
    1 chicken breast w/ an orange

3 pm
    1 slice of wheat... 1 chicken breast

5:15 pm
    1 scoop whey and an apple

7:30 pm
    serving of flank steak w/ 1 cup of steamed broccoli
    2 fish oil pills and a vitamin

9:30 pm
    maybe 1 scoop whey... definitely a serving of cottage cheese... 1/4 cup raw almonds
    "Classic case of 'guy on the ground.'" (David Wain, Role Models)

"The main reason I lift is because God wants me to." (me)

ariyon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariyon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Here are the facts

hey i'm a biochemist. actually long distance endurance running is the greatest fat burning excercise you can do. there are 2 types of muscles type I and type II (you can look this up). Type 1 purely utilizes fats or ketone bodies to fuel their activity. These are slow twitch muscles. once you have burned through your glycogen stores and your glucose levels drop your liver will begin to produce ketone bodies which are made from fats released by your adipocytes(cells in adipose tissue). in order to get to this point you have to participate in endurance excercises Such as ENDURANCE RUNNING! running marathons and such long distance running. in doing this you mainly engage type I. Type II is mainly glycolytic and is the type of muscle engaged by lifting and such. when you go to the gym you engage these muscles. by training you are actually increasing your resting metabolism and hence burning fat as well. My advice do both. both combined with a ketogenic diet will all lead to fat loss. Its all good in the hood. Running is in fact useful..........

these are the facts

MichaelT123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MichaelT123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MichaelT123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MichaelT123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MichaelT123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MichaelT123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MichaelT123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MichaelT123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MichaelT123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MichaelT123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MichaelT123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Cardio WILL make you healthier as it improves the health of your cardiovascular system. So if you want a healthy heart, you should still be doing cardio at least 3 times per week. You could always try doing your cardio before breakfast and after your workouts when blood sugar is lower, this should stimulate your body to produce glucagon, which causes you to release and utilise stored fat as an energy source, and remember to keep switching up your cardio and keeping it fairly intense. You could always join a boot camp, this should get you doing different exercises utilising different muscle groups at high intensity and you should shock your system helping to shed a few more pounds.

Originally Posted by PhreEkGarden View Post
    1400 cals burned is quite a bit of running... Ive been cutting for about a month and just running for about 20 minutes right after my workouts, im already usually sweating my ass off from my workouts anyway and its only 20 minutes. It really only is like 300 calories burned, it doesnt really seem worth the effort.

Ive never read anything like you just posted.. ive never looked at it like that. I always kind of thought that the more you ran, the healthier you got and the easier you could keep fat off in the long run? That read though seems to make sense. Maybe I have a reason to stop doing cardio altogether haha. Ill just eat 50 less calories every meal! =P
    Consistency is key, Routine the enemy

areyadigginit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face cardio + diet

It is said that diet has 70% and the training has only 30% importance in gaining a great physique in my eyes this theory is spot on. While cutting your diet is extremely important, diets like the keto and paleo are top notch. Foods like whole eggs/whites, nuts, lean meat (eg) fish chicken steak, green veg add carrots now and again if eating raw egg whites to keep biotin levels high mix it up daily so you dont get bored after about 2/3 weeks your metabolism will certainly speed up n therfore you'll burn more fat...

Cardio again is a must. You will burn kcals doing hypertrophy weights (eg) sets of 8-12 reps but if your also throwing cardio in there in the morning or before you go to bed thats excess calories burned that will help you reach your goal quicker again mix it up from HIIT to long duration steady state cardio so your body dosent get used to the same old thing. Also If you can have a nap somewhere in between

Hope this helps mate Tony....

joey2phones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by W8isGR8 View Post
    Cardio is f*cking retarded. All you do is train your body tbe more efficient, so it loses any benifit it originally had.
    Cardio is retarded? You're retarded, cardio burns calories, fat loss is about being in a caloric deficit (calories in vs calories out). Did you fail 3rd grade maths?

alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50) alwayschestday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what about recomping? newbie gains can also drastically effect bodyfat%. also PED's ..
    Last edited by alwayschestday; 04-13-2015 at 10:10 PM.

AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hill sprints. Its all about maximum exertion. If you put the same amount of effort into your cardio as you do in your bench press . You will see results but most guys do cardio like a chore .
    my blog - AllNaturalTestBoost.com