Summersun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pain in collarbone/ ant delt after bench pressing

I've been trying to strengthen my chest for a few months now, my gains in that area have been minimal, because I'm afriad I'm going to hurt my shoulder and be unalbe to workout for a couple months. The main issues I've been having when benching and doing push ups have been pain in the anterior delt/ head of the humerous area, and now the collarbone was very achy after incline bench presses. I am very weary of suffering from the common rotator cuff problems and I sometimes baby a sore joint because I don't want an injury. So, I took a week off of all chest and most delt exercises, today I just was working them again and the delt seems to be alright but now when I cross my right arm over my chest towards the left side of my body the collar bone area is aches.
    I don't feel like I get any gains unless I feel a mucsle burn, and the strange thing is that when I do the 45 degree angle incline bench press and the dumbell flye I find that my shoulder and anterior delts fatigue far before my pecs feel anything. It is very difficult to maintain a workout regimine when your afraid to work the chest and delts. So I feel dissapointed that I haven't made any gains now for a couple weeks

Has anyone had this issue before? I am also wondering if this is a flaw in my form that is causing this, or is is just overtraining/too much too soon? I usually work the upperbody 2x a week, and abs, legs and low back 3 times a week, since my lower body is pretty strong, it seems to recover faster, I never get any twinges of sharp pain, like I sometimes do in my upper body. I've been on that schedule for about 2 months, and I never lift heavy enough to be able to lift less than 6 reps, usually I do 8-10 reps. . Any recommendations would be much appreciated! Thank you
    Last edited by Summersun; 03-25-2008 at 09:10 AM.