Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Bring on the DOMS!! Mrs_Muscles's Avatar
    Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

If Not Now, When? The Excuse Demolishing Journal!

I've been procrastinating long enough. It's time that I start my journal: Hold myself accountable, organize and focus on my goals, and best of all, get feedback and support! So, without further adieu….

Introduction: HI! My name is Nichole. I've been posting on these forums off and on for a while now. I am married and a mother to one 7 year old daughter. I was and MP in the Army and worked briefly for the Federal Bureau of Prisons (that job sucked!). I am however, a disabled veteran, so as much as I LOVE law enforcement, it's not possible for it to be a long term career for me. I am currently enrolled in vocational rehabilitation through the VA. I am currently majoring in Civil Engineering.

Lifting/Exercise Background: I grew up as and active kid. I lived in the country and we had horses, chickens, goats, rabbits: all kinds of critters. I spent plenty of time stacking hay among other physical tasks which come along with a full barnyard... like shoveling manure. I spent my winters skiing: Both downhill and cross country, and my summers backpacking, rafting, hiking and of course, horseback riding. I was on the HS ski team. In my soph year of HS I discovered a great class called "PE for Life." There was no cardio, the coach had a strength training program set up and we were encouraged to lift heavy and to failure. I was in love! My best friend and I took the class every semester until we were maxed out and weren't allowed to take it anymore. Then we just showed up after school to lift. Once in the Army I didn't lift so much at first. Just the Army PT. When we got deployed I began lifting again and was dubbed "Sarge Muscles." LOL I got out of the Army when preggers (really long story ) then joined the Reserves when my daughter was just shy of a year. Got mobilized after 9/11 and spent 2 more years on AD. At that time we had a post wide power lifting comp and each battalion was allowed a men's and women's team. I only competed one year since I was in a cast the next year. But, the MP ladies team was undefeated.

Setbacks/Physical Issues: I had never been overweight until I got pregnant with my daughter. It was a rough pregnancy and I took the attitude of "I'm pregnant, I can eat whatever I want." WRONG! Going from extremely active in the Army to bed rest + tons of comfort foods = massive weight gain. I was 130-135 pre-pregnancy and 192 the day I delivered. I left the hospital at 172 and 6 months later weighed 185. Postpartum depression + refusing to change my eating habits + little to no exercise = my demise. I finally got my act together and down to about 160-165 when I was injured. Nearly 2 months in a cast and failing to adjust my diet shot me back to 180 in record time. Once recovered I did exercise, but the diet was never in check, it was just an excuse to eat more. Sure, I ate healthy foods... lots and lots and lots of healthy foods! Some time separated from my hubby in 2006 allowed me to find myself again and the weight came off without me even noticing. I had pretty much given up dieting at that point, and that was exactly what I needed to do.

I still to this day have to wear orthodics in my shoes. I have scar tissue and cartilage fragments behind my right knee cap (injury to meniscus and ACL) causing it to track oddly and it's worn itself a new path. It makes nasty noises going up or down stairs and while squatting. Surgery is an option in the future, but at this point it doesn?t hinder me as long as I take care of it. I have scar tissue in my right hip which has been causing some problems running. So, my cardio has been my mountain bike.

Goals: I want to trim off some more body fat and lose the Mommy pooch. I also want to build some more muscle mass. I've toyed with the idea of competing, but have been to chicken sh!t to commit myself to anything. Plus, I have a long way to go. I am interested in bodybuilding, not figure or fitness.

OK. That was really long. But now it's out there and I can just get to business! Stats and pics coming soon. Although, there are some on my bodyspace. I worked by butt of last Summer in prep for a Mexico vacation. I've put on a, *ahem* few, pounds since then
    Last edited by Mrs_Muscles; 03-24-2008 at 09:58 PM.

Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Today's Workout

Well, I can't very well start my journal without putting the stuff in it that it's all about now can I. So, here is my workout for today:

Squats:
    10reps@80lbs
    10@85
    10@90
    10@95
    10@65 (because I just felt like it, the last couple at 95 were tough, but I felt I just needed a little more)

Deads:
    10@65
    10@70
    10@75
    10@80
    (OK, I REALLY need to go up on these, I could have kept going for who only knows how long)

Walking Lunge (in my backyard)
    10 reps each leg (down)
    12 reps each leg (back)

Supersets:
    Side Lunges 10rep@5lbs(in each hand), 10@8
    &
    Plie Squats 10rep@8lbs, 10@8

The workout felt just OK. It was probably because I was tired. I went to bed way to late last night.

Diet.... ugh, I'd really rather not go there today Overall, things were OK. I ate clean except for the stinking left over Easter Candy. My dearest hubby bought be sugar free jelly belly's! They do however, sport the warning "may have a laxative effect." Lemme tell ya, they don't lie! OK, maybe that was TMI lol.

Now I'm off to bed...

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Having a journal keeps me much more accountable and the support and advice is amazing!!

I look forward to seeing you reach your goals! It sounds like you have a great plan - just keep up the hard work! Great workout!
    *Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I definitely think you should compete. You have grown up with a good background in lots of physical activity and you seem to be a very strong person. You've been through a lot, but you've fought your way past. I'm glad you've started journaling here too btw.

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi and welcome! I have seen your posts around the boards. Glad you started a journal!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Nichole & welcome to the world of journaling. Ill be following along with your progess . I hope you decide to compete, Im sure you'd do great!

Originally Posted by Mrs_Muscles View Post
    I took the attitude of "I'm pregnant, I can eat whatever I want." WRONG!
    Yep.. I made this mistake too. Took me months to get off the baby weight and I had to work EXTREMELY hard. I wont make this mistake ever again =) Oh well. U live and learn right?
    "Perception is everything. Reality is what you make it. Don't focus on the way you are. Focus on the way you want to be."

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread .php?t=106293081

Thanks so much for all the replies! It really helps motivate me
    Originally Posted by amj0883 View Post
    Having a journal keeps me much more accountable and the support and advice is amazing!!

I look forward to seeing you reach your goals! It sounds like you have a great plan - just keep up the hard work! Great workout!
    Yes, the journal is a great accountability tool! When I think about eating something not so good, or wimping out on my workout, I think... gee, I'm gonna have to post that.

Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post
    I definitely think you should compete. You have grown up with a good background in lots of physical activity and you seem to be a very strong person. You've been through a lot, but you've fought your way past. I'm glad you've started journaling here too btw.
    Yeah, my youth was very physically active. That's part of my problem, I can't afford to do a lot of the things I did as a kid so have had to make some major life adjustments in order to keep myself in shape.

Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    Hi and welcome! I have seen your posts around the boards. Glad you started a journal!
    Thanks! Yeah, I talked about doing this way back in December.... I am a master at procrastination.

Originally Posted by lululemon View Post
    Hi Nichole & welcome to the world of journaling. Ill be following along with your progess . I hope you decide to compete, Im sure you'd do great!

Yep.. I made this mistake too. Took me months to get off the baby weight and I had to work EXTREMELY hard. I wont make this mistake ever again =) Oh well. U live and learn right?
    Yup, live and learn! Heck, I'm still learning a lot!

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh, I like your journal. Such an ass kicking attitude.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    I agree!! We should all have that attitude
    *Mandy*

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

Talking Today's Workout-Upper Body!

Abs: Done as one giant set. 20 reverse crunch, 20 heel press, 20 crunch, 20 froggy crunch. (I have to do abs first or I won't do them! lol)

Bench:
    10/75
    10/85
    10/90
    10/95

Incline Bench:
    10/65
    10/70
    6/75 (my biceps were the muscle giving out on me here I usually complete the set)

1 Arm DB Rows:
    10/20
    10/20
    10/25
    (I need to go up on these)

Delts-Flyes:
    10/10
    10/10
    10/15

Bicep DB Curls:
    10/15
    10/20
    9/25

Superset: DB Shoulder Press & Upright Barbell Rows
    Press: 10/15, Row, 10/45,
    Press: 10/15, Row 10/45

Overall, it was a very good workout. I was frustrated on a couple sets not to have gotten those last few reps, but... I have been slowing my reps down so that is probably the reason. I've always had good form, but slowing them down allows me to really feel the muscles go through the range of motion and I can focus on really contracting them throughout Feel the burn baby!

I agree!! We should all have that attitude
    Thanks ladies! Yeah, those around me know to stay the hell outa my way once I've got a mission. I guess it goes along well with the type A personality. My Mom is the exact same way. I tell her regulary "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Cool Da Food

If I'm going to do it right, I had better include what I stuff in my trap. lol Bear with me while I gradually get more precise in recording my meals. Orchastrating meals is a bit of an ordeal around here. The family (read hubby) are still not on the up and up, and although they try to be supportive, they just don't get it sometimes! This means I either eat their dinner, or cook seperate meals. My hubby is not working now, so he has been cooking. When I come home to already prepared food and turn my nose up at it and rummage through the freezer for the chicken breasts, he's not always so thrilled if you catch my drift!

Anyhow.... mild rant over! I have 2 issues of "Clean Eating" magazine that he's been prescribed for this week. LMAO Plenty of good recipes in there!

Breakfast:
    1/3c Oats, 1/4c blueberries, 1 scoop whey protein, 2 cups coffee with a slpash of soy milk and splenda.

Pre-Workout (was only 2 hrs after breakfast)
    1 scoop whey, 1 scoop green mag. Half now... half immediately following w/o

Pre-lunch snack:
    Myoplex lite MRP shake

Lunch:
    Frozen Meal! I know! It was one of the weight watchers veggie lasagna though. Actually pretty tasty with 15g prot and just over 300 cals... so not too bad. More sodium that I'd like... but they sure do in a pinch!

Afternoon Snack:
    1 slice WW Bread, Tuna-Egg White-Chicken Breast spread (1 can tuna, 1 can 98% ff chicken breast, 3 egg whites, 1 tbsp smart balance mayo, squirt of spicy mustard, 1 tbsp dill relish) That recipe makes me at least 4 good sandwiches, or 8 "minis" like I had for my snack.

Oooooops Snack:
    1/2 of a sugar free russell stover's chocolate bunny I was super hungry and hubby had dinner in the oven... realizing I'd keep going I reached for....
    1/2c of my mashed yams. I try to keep some in the fridge ready to go for stuff just like this.

Dinner:
    Some Teriyaki Chicken, rice and veggies thing hubby served up.

So, that's it for today. I am headed off to bed. I guess the food could have been a lot better, but it could have been worse too. I am getting some DOMS from yesterday's leg workout... mostly it's in the glutes. And, I'm already getting a tad sore in my back from today's workout.

ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oh Hi Mrs Muscles! I'm glad you've found your way in "here", I've always liked your posts "out there"..tee he he!

I'm with you on the damn Easter chocolate...I want it gone

"My mummy loves protein" sung, LOUDLY, by 3yo daughter while shopping!!!

Come visit my journal at - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1554851

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Glad you started a journal!! I'm very excited to follow along - your posts have always been fantastic, so it'll be great to read your progress and learn about your life!!
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

GDigs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GDigs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GDigs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GDigs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GDigs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GDigs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GDigs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GDigs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GDigs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GDigs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GDigs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OOh I like the idea of having the mashed yams for an easy reach. I will have to do that myself. The worst thing is coming home and knowing you have to wait for the food to cook and when you are really hungry it is tough not to graze. Thanks for the tip.

Keep up the good work.
    Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.[Michael Jordan]

Make the decision that you want to become something different, commit to it and then take consistent action in that direction. Above all else, believe in yourself . . . believe that you can do it . . . believe that with sincere dedication and perseverance anything at all is possible. [bb.com]

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh, damn, I don't want the Easter chocolate gone!! I save it for postworkout, and I enjoy every last disgusting calorie....Damn, I love chocolate. By the way, that's crap what I just said about saving it for postworkout; I eat it whenever....bad, bad Mango....

Are you tracking your calories/macros, weighing, etc.?? Maybe you could portion out chicken breasts/meat so that your hubby need only take it out of the fridge to cook it, so that you know how many grams of protein your are getting from each portion of meat....he also might not feel like you are rejecting his cooking. I hate that, but I know it always bugged my S.O. that I wouldn't eat his cooking!! Read, my former S.O.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

Originally Posted by ubermumma View Post
    Oh Hi Mrs Muscles! I'm glad you've found your way in "here", I've always liked your posts "out there"..tee he he!

I'm with you on the damn Easter chocolate...I want it gone

I'm glad I found my way in "here" too! It's already having a possitive impact. I need to check out your journal... the word "out there" is that it's kick ass

Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    Glad you started a journal!! I'm very excited to follow along - your posts have always been fantastic, so it'll be great to read your progress and learn about your life!!
    I have fantastic posts? Wow! Thanks

Originally Posted by GDigs View Post
    OOh I like the idea of having the mashed yams for an easy reach. I will have to do that myself. The worst thing is coming home and knowing you have to wait for the food to cook and when you are really hungry it is tough not to graze. Thanks for the tip.

Keep up the good work.
    I'm eating some with my chicken breast right now for lunch! Actually, the one I have right now are leftovers... I made them for the fam, so they are not 100% yam. They are 1 HUGE yam, 3 medium potatoes, LOTS of fresh garlic, a pinch of sea salt and a dab of smart balance.

Are you tracking your calories/macros, weighing, etc.?? Maybe you could portion out chicken breasts/meat so that your hubby need only take it out of the fridge to cook it, so that you know how many grams of protein your are getting from each portion of meat....he also might not feel like you are rejecting his cooking. I hate that, but I know it always bugged my S.O. that I wouldn't eat his cooking!! Read, my former S.O.
    Right now I'm just attempting to eat clean in in modest proportions, but I will be back to tracking macros in time. I just need to sit down one of these weekends and crunch some numbers.

Good idea about helping hubby with the food too. I think if I'm just patient and helpful he'll get on board with the clean diet too. He's really been trying to make a lot of health changes in his life because of his back. He was on so many narcotic pain relievers before the surgery that his liver actually started to have trouble functioning! That was a HUGE shock for him. He poured out the beer he was drinking when the Doctor called him to tell him about the lab results. He started taking daily walks, and he cleaned up a lot of the junk in his diet. I'm very happy for him.

Yesterday's Chow

OK, I have a little catching up to do. I didn't get on here last night, so I didn't end up posting my meals. I've had a test in school 3 days this week and just got home from the last one! Whew! So here is yesterday's dish!

Wednesday is my day of rest. If I do anything it's usually cardio. I did nothing yesterday since we had a meeting with our daughter's teacher, principal, and a whole slew of other teachers involved in her education. She is strugling, but I think we got a good plan accomplished yesterday. I think she would be much further along if her teacher weren't such a negative ninny. I swear, for every possitive idea someone had, this woman was ready to shoot it down before trying it. I wanted to slap her, but the principal kind of put her in her place kindly. No wonder my daugher is struggling, this teacher gave up on her months ago and just makes excuses now.

Oh... I was supoosed to be posting chow! LMAO

Breakfast:
    1/4 c. oats
    1 scoop whey protein powder
    2 cups coffe with a bit of soy milk.
    (I'm out of blueberries )

Snack:
    Think Thin Meal Bar. - I found them in the store the other day and gave them a shot. Pretty darn tasty if I don't say so myself. It's a life saver, because on Wednesdays I have back to back classes. My only chance for a snack or lunch is something like that.

The Late Lunch:
    Chicken breast
    Baked Yam

Snack:
    FF Yogurt
    1 oz. Raw Almonds
    Carrots

Dinner:
    Rib Eye Steak And was it ever delish!! Hubby grilled.
    HUGE salad. - the best part of this salad is that it includes the first trimmings of lettuce from my garden! It was time to thin it a little, so I had a generous amount of baby lettuce. It planted a mix of several varieties.
    Anyhow... when I say salad...I mean lettuce, spinach, celery, green & red cabbage, red & yellow bell pepper, green onion, carrots. Yummy!

And my slip of of the day: Red Vines Stress + being a bit depressed really makes me want to munch. I've gotten better about it, but I have a long way to come still. At least I was able to call it quits before I ate a whole bunch of them!

Way to stay positive!! Stress always makes me eat...I get that feeling of never being full - so annoying!! I used to love Ribeye but have started enjoying Sirloin more...but any steak cooked on the grill is delicious!

You have a garden?? What all do you grow?
    *Mandy*

Way to stay positive!! Stress always makes me eat...I get that feeling of never being full - so annoying!! I used to love Ribeye but have started enjoying Sirloin more...but any steak cooked on the grill is delicious!

You have a garden?? What all do you grow?
    Last year it was just tomatos and a few peppers, jalapeno and anneheim. I've always had flowers and stuff. This year we built a raised bed in the back yard. I've got carrots, beans and beets up that will be ready in 60 days or so. I've also got several varieties of melons, tomatos, and bell pepper that are ready to be transplanted. I'm starting an herb garden to, cilantro, parsley, basil, thyme.

And as for being positive... I think the red vines may have actually been a good thing! My workout today was fantastic, I had a ton of energy and moved past a plateau. I think I may have been undereating... just another big reason I need to take some time and figure out my macros and set some goals for calorie intake.

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's frustrating about your daughter's teacher... I think positivity, creativity and having faith in someone's abilities goes a long way...too bad some teachers don't realize that!

Congrats on finishing your tests this week, that must feel nice!
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

Originally Posted by Mrs_Muscles View Post
    Last year it was just tomatos and a few peppers, jalapeno and anneheim. I've always had flowers and stuff. This year we built a raised bed in the back yard. I've got carrots, beans and beets up that will be ready in 60 days or so. I've also got several varieties of melons, tomatos, and bell pepper that are ready to be transplanted. I'm starting an herb garden to, cilantro, parsley, basil, thyme.

And as for being positive... I think the red vines may have actually been a good thing! My workout today was fantastic, I had a ton of energy and moved past a plateau. I think I may have been undereating... just another big reason I need to take some time and figure out my macros and set some goals for calorie intake.
    Our bodies are so crazy!! Its such a game that is sooo hard to figure out. Just when I think I have it figured out it switches up on me...

Its good that you've figured out that you've been undereating, that can be just as bad as overeating sometimes. And honestly the more food the better....at least in my opinion

I think its great you have a garden!! I would love to have the patience...
    *Mandy*

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know its tough slipping on your meal plan. But at least you are honest, and arent lying to yourself. I respect that for sure.
    It has been suggested to me to add in treats , so I feel less deprived. I am working on that and being ok with that. But maybe it could be an idea for you to think about.
    I love your history, you are quite the gal!!
    And I looove your shoulders they are amazing!!!

I will be peeking in again soon!
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh yum..I need a garden!! Sorry to hear about that teacher. I'm a teacher myself and I try SO hard to see the best in every child! I hope your new plan works!!!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000)
    Glad to see you started a journal! And a fellow gardener too!
    Teachers like that tick me off! It only takes one to ruin the fun of school for kids or put them behind....:quicky dismounts soap box before Lckymii takes over journal:

Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    That's frustrating about your daughter's teacher... I think positivity, creativity and having faith in someone's abilities goes a long way...too bad some teachers don't realize that!

Congrats on finishing your tests this week, that must feel nice!
    Thanks! Yes finishing that final test was weight lifted off my shoulders, now I can enjoy my weeking. I'm going skiing with my Dad. He bought be new skiis and boots for my birthday!

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    I know its tough slipping on your meal plan. But at least you are honest, and arent lying to yourself. I respect that for sure.
    It has been suggested to me to add in treats , so I feel less deprived. I am working on that and being ok with that. But maybe it could be an idea for you to think about.
    I love your history, you are quite the gal!!
    And I looove your shoulders they are amazing!!!

I will be peeking in again soon!
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I needed to hear that. I think incorporating treats in is going to be essential for a while. I know when I back in the swing of things I'll probably get to the point the disgust me again.

Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    Oh yum..I need a garden!! Sorry to hear about that teacher. I'm a teacher myself and I try SO hard to see the best in every child! I hope your new plan works!!!
    I've tried so hard to give this woman the bennefit of the doubt every time. I give teachers a TON of credit, they have a very tough job. We have 2 teachers in the family and I just wish my daughter could have a teacher like the two of them !

Originally Posted by Lckymii View Post
    Glad to see you started a journal! And a fellow gardener too!
    Teachers like that tick me off! It only takes one to ruin the fun of school for kids or put them behind....:quicky dismounts soap box before Lckymii takes over journal:
    Yup, for me it was a math teacher in junior high. Spoiled my idea of math and I sucked at it all the way throught HS. I dreaded having to take in in college. But I got an amazing professor for my first year and found out I'm not only good at it, I really like it!

Thumbs up Todays Workout

I guess I should start by putting up what my regular schedule is... that way when I don't post anything someone can come in here and say... *AHEM*

MON: Lower Body
    TUE: Upper Body & Abs
    WED: Rest, possibly cardio
    THURS: Lower Body
    FRI: Upper Body & Abs
    SAT: Cardio
    SUN: Rest, but I often end up with a litle cardio here too. Leisurely stuff though.

So, since today is Thursday, I did lower body.

SQUAT:
    10x80
    10x85
    10x90
    10x95
    10x100 (this last set was not planned. I did it because 95 was so easy. It's been REALLY hard to get those last couple reps out lately. Today I smashed through it. I felt like I could have kept going! I'll be upping to 105 for next time!!!)

STIFF LEG DEADS:
    10x75
    10x80
    10x85
    10x90 (need to go up even more here )

WALKING LUNGES:
    2x10

SUPERSETS
    SIDE LUNGE 10x8lb DBs 10x8
    PLIE SQUAT 10x10 10x10

*edit* The reason I'm so excited about going up finally is that I used to do so much more! I had trained for a power lifting comp for cyring out loud! But, lately I've not had a gym membership so have been working out in my back porch with what free weights I had. I had no rack or bench. So I could only squat what I was able to lift over my head. For Christmas my hubby got me a rack and bench... so now I am good to hook!
    Last edited by Mrs_Muscles; 03-27-2008 at 07:52 PM.

What kind of cardio do you normally do?
    *Mandy*

What kind of cardio do you normally do?
    I used to run a lot. But I've been having problems with my hip when I do. In fact, even long walks can bother it. I'm going to give running a shot again before much longer and take it inch by inch!

But, I have a mountain bike which is my baby! I have a few blocks of city before I get on a path that goes along the river. It's a pretty mild ride, but I go fast and hard. I love it. My rides usually last between 1 and 1.5 hours. Yes, I do take little breaks and slow down or stop and stretch. I've never been successfull at doing cardio indoors. 10 minutes and I'm done! lol

Red vines. Great, I want licorice, now. Thanks a lot.

What kind of problems are resulting in your daughter's struggle?? Sorry if I've missed that. My sister is going through something *similar.*