dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking Tired of being a Skinny Guy!! My bulking diet and Rippetoe workout to get BIIIIG!!

Hey guys, I have decided to start a major bulking diet and traing routine after 4 sad years of not working out. I went on the scales the other day and realised I was the PATHETIC weight of a killer 118lbs...(bearing in mind I am a short guy at 5ft 7 and look terribly skinny)... I did the noble thing and decided to start a major training routine in order to pack on some well needed pounds.

So here it is starting with my diet which I have been on for one week so far and have followed down to the last item religiously:

Meal 1 supplements:
    1 Multivitamin
    1 Vitamin C
    1 Cod liver oil capsule
    1 Flaxseed oil capsule
    1 spoon Creatine powder

Meal 1: Breakfast 7:15
    4 whole eggs
    1 slice wholegrain toast

(Shake):
    1 cup raw oats
    1 glass whole milk
    1 Banana
    1 kiwi
    1/4 cup linseed, sunflower & sesame seeds
    4 almonds
    1 tsp organic peanut butter

Meal 2: Mid-morning shake 10:00
    (Shake):
    2 scoops whey protein
    1 cup raw oats
    1 pint whole milk
    1 banana
    1 cup fresh pineapple slices
    4 almonds

Meal 3: Lunch 12:00
    1 chicken breast
    1 cup brown rice
    1/2 cup Broccoli raw
    1/4 onion
    1 clove garlic
    1/4 lemon juiced
    2 tbsp Olive oil & black pepper

Meal 4: mid-afternoon meal 3:00
    325g cottage cheese
    3 thick slices wholegrain toast & olivespread
    5 cherry tomatoes
    1/4 onion
    1 clove garlic
    1 tbsp Olive oil

Meal 5: late-afternoon meal 5:30
    1 200g tin tuna
    1 cup brown rice
    1/2 cup spinach raw
    1/2 carrot raw
    1 cloves garlic
    1/2 lemon juiced
    2 tbsp Olive oil & black pepper

Workout: 7:00 ? 8:00 (Mon, Wed & Fri)
    (During):
    1 spoon Creatine powder
    4 BCAA capsules
    1 multivitamin
    1 pint water

Meal 6: Post Workout Shake 8:00 (Mon, Wed & Fri)
    (Shake):
    3 scoops protein powder
    1 1/2 cups oats
    1 pint whole milk
    1 banana
    1/2 cup dates
    1/2 cup figs
    4 almonds
    1 spoon Creatine powder

Meal 6: non W/O day meal 8:00 (Tues, Thurs, Sat & Sun)
    1 chicken breast
    2 large potatoes & olive spread
    1/2 cup Broccoli raw
    1/2 cup spinach
    1 clove garlic
    1/2 lemon juiced
    2 tbsp Olive oil

Supplement: 9:00
    3 ZMA capsules

Meal 7: Bedtime snack 10:00
    (Shake):
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 banana

And I am doing rippetoes Program as follows:
    (and please bear in mind I am starting off not too heavy to get into the swing of proper form and so not to burnout)

Week 1:

Monday - Workout A
    Wednesday -Workout B
    Friday - Workout A

Week 2:

Monday - Workout B
    Wednesday - Workout A
    Friday - Workout B

Workout A:

3x5 Squat 60kg
    3x5 Bench Press 45kg
    1x5 Deadlifts 60kg
    2x8 Dumbbell Bench Press with hands Facing each other 20kg -each hand

Workout B:

3x5 Squat 60 kg
    3x5 Standing military press 25kg
    3x5 Bent Rows 40kg
    2x8 Chin-ups BW

and also I have added some wrist curls and barbell shrugs to hit my extremley skinny forearms and neck - I know how much people say not to mess with the rippetoe program but IMHO these minor exercises are hardly a major violation and are definately areas which need immediate work.

So please do feel free to give me some much needed critique on my start to gaining as much weight as possible, any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by dazzer1000; 03-24-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: measurements

Genetically Different adrenergic's Avatar
    adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i eat garlic cloves before and after teh workout for to keep cortisol down and T up
    Ex nihilo nihil fit

[blog.Revoltfitness.com]

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Drop the chins and DEFINATLEY drop the decline bench press (I assume you meant decline bench press as per Matta114's ill-advised additions), and drink an entire gallon of whole milk every day in addition to what you're eating. Even if you can't stomach what's on your menu with the whole milk, make getting that whole gallon down every day your top priority and eat as much as you can on top of it.

Add 2x8-12 chins on WO. B and dips on WO. A. into week 4 if you like but no sooner.

and also I have added some wrist curls and barbell shrugs to hit my extremley skinny forearms and neck - I know how much people say not to mess with the rippetoe program but IMHO these minor exercises are hardly a major violation and are definately areas which need immediate work.
    drop them. hitting your forearms and neck won't help you get stronger but they will slow down you recovery and mass gains. deadlifts and bench press will get your neck and forearms plenty big. don't be stupid on this.
    Last edited by bango skank; 03-24-2008 at 01:13 PM.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dazzer1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    Drop the chins and DEFINATLEY drop the decline bench press (I assume you meant decline bench press as per Matta114's ill-advised additions), and drink an entire gallon of whole milk every day in addition to what you're eating. Even if you can't stomach what's on your menu with the whole milk, make getting that whole gallon down every day your top priority and eat as much as you can on top of it.

Add 2x8-12 chins on WO. B and dips on WO. A. into week 4 if you like but no sooner.

drop them. hitting your forearms and neck won't help you get stronger but they will slow down you recovery and mass gains. deadlifts and bench press will get your neck and forearms plenty big. don't be stupid on this.

Thing is though, I have a home gym and I cant get access to a dip machine, so why are the decline dumbell bench presses such a bad alternative?

Also I find it extremely hard to get a whole gallon into my diet every day because around meals I am consuming alot of water, so how would I be able to fit in more Milk with that as well?

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A gallon of milk every day will take care of your water needs. Drink water while you workout and you'll be fine.

If you can't do dips, due to eqipment or ability, then don't do them. Decline bench press isn't the same thing as dips, they are a lousy substitute at this point in your training with limited range of motion as compared to dips.
    Last edited by bango skank; 03-24-2008 at 01:38 PM.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

From the SS FAQ: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/printthread.php?t=998224

Question - Can I do close grip bench presses or hammer-grip DB presses instead of dips?

No, absolutely no, no doubt about it...NO.

Decline DB presses and close grip bench presses (CGBPs) work the individual muscles in a somewhat similar manner, but the overall difference in workload and the resultant stress on your CNS means that these exercises can NOT be substituted evenly.

Do NOT substitute ANY free weight (or machine) exercise for a bodyweight-type exercise, even if you normally add weight to yourself when doing chins/dips

Both DB presses and CGBP are OUTSTANDING exercises, and they are both in my present training regimen. You won't need them just yet, however. They are great additions to the intermediate's training program. Stick with the dippity-dips for now, however.
    -Don Vito Corleone

dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dazzer1000 View Post
    Thing is though, I have a home gym and I cant get access to a dip machine, so why are the decline dumbell bench presses such a bad alternative?

Also I find it extremely hard to get a whole gallon into my diet every day because around meals I am consuming alot of water, so how would I be able to fit in more Milk with that as well?
    You can substitue some of that water with the whole milk. End of the day its liquid your body requires, it doesn't matter to much if the liquid consumed is water or milk.

You can put two chairs side by side, backs facing, and do dips on that.
    -Don Vito Corleone

Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    You can put two chairs side by side, backs facing, and do dips on that.
    Thanks Bango that is a very good idea!