DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

twitching tricep

My tricep near my elbow has been fluttering for the past 2 weeks. This usually is a sign of fatigue and usually goes away. I get them sometimes in my shoulder after a hard training day. But this one has been doing it for 2 weeks and I have trouble falling asleep. I asked my buddies who work out and they also get them too but they usually go away. My arm doesn't hurt at all, its just annoying. Anyways I was wondering when you guys get it what do you do to make it go away or less annoying. Thanks!

DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoingItRight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

Cyclone40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyclone40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyclone40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get them too; in fact, I just had my annual physical and asked my doctor about them. He said they're called Benign Fasciculations and they are quite common, especially in people whom exercise. He did a complete Neurological work-up on me and as long as they are not associated with loss of muscle control or extreme weakness they are nothing serious.

There are some things you can try, such as magnesium, calcium, hot baths; but according to him it's pretty much time that makes these go away. They can last days, weeks, even months in some cases.

I know, annoying I had one in my left pec once for a couple of months and it was irritating as hell.

Thanks dude for sharing. Did you work out at all when your pec was doing that? Cause I havent since my arm started twitching and its getting better. I just dont know how long to wait.

Cyclone40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyclone40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cyclone40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yep, I just kept working out; it just took awhile to go away, that's all.

It'll subside eventually, may take a bit of time though so hang in there. I've seen other threads about this and it's quite common.

dvgovitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My left triceps has been twitching for over a month now and I was starting to get a little concerned; its good to know that this is common. Thanks for posting this.

Thewolf7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Tricep

This just happened to me I been reading a lot on it and you guys got it on the spot!

sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sytun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cyclone40 View Post
    I get them too; in fact, I just had my annual physical and asked my doctor about them. He said they're called Benign Fasciculations and they are quite common, especially in people whom exercise. He did a complete Neurological work-up on me and as long as they are not associated with loss of muscle control or extreme weakness they are nothing serious.

There are some things you can try, such as magnesium, calcium, hot baths; but according to him it's pretty much time that makes these go away. They can last days, weeks, even months in some cases.

I know, annoying I had one in my left pec once for a couple of months and it was irritating as hell.
    I know I've just bumped a 5 year old thread, but I wanted to say thanks for the post, I've had this annoying twitching above the elbow for 2 weeks now and was getting concerned

shep1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had this exact thing going on for a week. Like others have said, it's quite annoying. I am taking the week off from upper body and focusing on legs and cardio. I am hoping this will help it go away faster. Fingers crossed.

Erikchalleen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you for the info, my left tricep keeps twitching constantly until i flex it then it stops for maybe 10 seconds. Seems like it only twitches when i think about it though. Going on 1 week of flutters, been massaging and chugging electrolytes

HighPertrophy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bumping this thread up cause I was looking for a way to make my twitching right tricep go away after. I think for me it's overworked from Highland Games this weekend and an electrolyte imbalance. Magnesium oil spray made it stop completely for a few hours.

dunn1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

comfort in knowing I'm not alone

I have had this for years in my right tricep. It will happen randomly and then go away. This most recent occurrence has had me worried. Glad to know that I'm not the only one and this is normal. Also, good knowing the actual diagnosis.

brynwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brynwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brynwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brynwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brynwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brynwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brynwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brynwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brynwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brynwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brynwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it’s nice reading this. i have the same problem

FrankieFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What I've researched so far

I've had the same thing happen to me for about a week and a half, so I thought I'd share the information that I found.

I believe it's possibly a pinched nerve around the shoulder, or scapular region. It's common from over protraction, or a "rounding" of the back. Desk jobs, exam week (for me), can all cause this. Shoulder mobility exercises, or more extreme measures such as IMS/cupping may help alleviate the problem.

I've kept training no problem, I don't seem to notice it while I work out, it's normally only when I'm not doing anything that I notice it.

Shouldn't be anything to worry about as long as there is no pain, or muscle weakness (possible signs of ALS for extreme rare cases)

Hope this helped!!

Uriiah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had the same problem what helped me was eating 2-3 bananas a day and drinking 3 s.pellegrino mineral waters a day. After like 3 days it stopped. Hope this helps guys...

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by miladjuckel View Post
    I’m experiencing the same thing in my right tricep near the elbow but unfortunately with mine I’m also experiencing forearm fatigue and loss of grip strength in that hand.
    That sounds more serious and doctor worthy. Have someone check it out.

Shimshon18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Both triceps!

Spasming in both triceps especially when I sleep. It started with just the left for the past 4-5 days and then the right joined in. No loss of strength, but I have steered clear of weights. Can a pinched nerve in the neck cause this? Neck is definitely sore!

vbxer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Had the same issue for 3 days! I massaged CBD oil on the area and drank colloidal silver. Next day, it stopped!

My left triceps was twitching and I was a little worried. I tried ignoring it and massaging it. Didn't help. Decided to just randomly rubbed CBD oil and drank some colloidal silver and it stopped almost immediately. Not sure if it was the oil or the colloidal silver. But thank goodness it wasn't anything serious!