Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'1", 185 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1044
    DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit DoingItRight's BodySpace

twitching tricep

My tricep near my elbow has been fluttering for the past 2 weeks. This usually is a sign of fatigue and usually goes away. I get them sometimes in my shoulder after a hard training day. But this one has been doing it for 2 weeks and I have trouble falling asleep. I asked my buddies who work out and they also get them too but they usually go away. My arm doesn't hurt at all, its just annoying. Anyways I was wondering when you guys get it what do you do to make it go away or less annoying. Thanks!

DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000) DoingItRight is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bump

Stats: 6'3", 225 lbs
    Cyclone40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclone40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclone40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit Cyclone40's BodySpace
    I get them too; in fact, I just had my annual physical and asked my doctor about them. He said they're called Benign Fasciculations and they are quite common, especially in people whom exercise. He did a complete Neurological work-up on me and as long as they are not associated with loss of muscle control or extreme weakness they are nothing serious.

There are some things you can try, such as magnesium, calcium, hot baths; but according to him it's pretty much time that makes these go away. They can last days, weeks, even months in some cases.

I know, annoying I had one in my left pec once for a couple of months and it was irritating as hell.

Thanks dude for sharing. Did you work out at all when your pec was doing that? Cause I havent since my arm started twitching and its getting better. I just dont know how long to wait.

Stats: 6'3", 225 lbs
    Cyclone40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclone40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclone40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit Cyclone40's BodySpace
    Yep, I just kept working out; it just took awhile to go away, that's all.

It'll subside eventually, may take a bit of time though so hang in there. I've seen other threads about this and it's quite common.

Stats: 6'0", 205 lbs
    dvgovitz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit dvgovitz's BodySpace
    My left triceps has been twitching for over a month now and I was starting to get a little concerned; its good to know that this is common. Thanks for posting this.

Stats: 229 lbs
    Thewolf7x is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Thewolf7x's BodySpace

Talking Tricep

This just happened to me I been reading a lot on it and you guys got it on the spot!

Stats: 6'0", 172 lbs
    sytun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sytun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sytun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sytun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sytun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sytun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sytun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sytun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sytun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sytun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sytun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit sytun's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Cyclone40 View Post
    I get them too; in fact, I just had my annual physical and asked my doctor about them. He said they're called Benign Fasciculations and they are quite common, especially in people whom exercise. He did a complete Neurological work-up on me and as long as they are not associated with loss of muscle control or extreme weakness they are nothing serious.

There are some things you can try, such as magnesium, calcium, hot baths; but according to him it's pretty much time that makes these go away. They can last days, weeks, even months in some cases.

I know, annoying I had one in my left pec once for a couple of months and it was irritating as hell.
    I know I've just bumped a 5 year old thread, but I wanted to say thanks for the post, I've had this annoying twitching above the elbow for 2 weeks now and was getting concerned

Stats: 5'8", 175 lbs
    shep1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit shep1973's BodySpace
    I have had this exact thing going on for a week. Like others have said, it's quite annoying. I am taking the week off from upper body and focusing on legs and cardio. I am hoping this will help it go away faster. Fingers crossed.