Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Kevster89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevster89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevster89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevster89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevster89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevster89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevster89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation SOO many people only working out UPPER BODY

I honestly feel like everytime I hit the gym now I notice more and more guys ONLY working their upper body...

Does anybody get this feeling/notice this as well? You see these dudes walkin around with huge arms and chests, but u look at their legs and they are skinny down to the bone.

Its ridiculous...

Immith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Immith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Immith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Immith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Immith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Immith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Immith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Immith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Immith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Immith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Immith has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, i have a leg only day, every other day has no legs... maybe you just dont go on their leg day...
    I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't. -unknown

Oh noes teh gynos!! gupunkitar2004's Avatar
    gupunkitar2004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gupunkitar2004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gupunkitar2004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gupunkitar2004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gupunkitar2004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gupunkitar2004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gupunkitar2004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gupunkitar2004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gupunkitar2004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gupunkitar2004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gupunkitar2004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Kevster89 View Post
    I honestly feel like everytime I hit the gym now I notice more and more guys ONLY working their upper body...

Does anybody get this feeling/notice this as well? You see these dudes walkin around with huge arms and chests, but u look at their legs and they are skinny down to the bone.

Its ridiculous...
    I agree man but the chick like those muscles, look at it this way your ahead of the game.
    ~Stylin On U Crew~

Knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying.

Location: Fighting off a Silverback Gorilla on Cell-Tech with my Wow Strong Arms while surrounded by 30 Unarmed Men on ground littered with Recluse Spiders while Chuck Norris PIITB Bruce Lee (no homo) and Brian Peppers touches hot Jailbait all under a Cloud, Ya'Rly!, Canada
    Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

I walk everyday and sometimes ride my bike. That's good enough.

Actually I'll probably start wearing ankle weights and lift my knees higher for a more intence workout. My legs will get huge this way.

Hellboy_37334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellboy_37334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellboy_37334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellboy_37334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellboy_37334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellboy_37334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellboy_37334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellboy_37334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellboy_37334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellboy_37334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellboy_37334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was giving my friend **** about not working out legs because he was doing sit ups with this legs crossed in the air and it looked disgusting and his reply was, "no one sees my legs anyways so what's the point."
    LEGION 11
    A Legionaire for a day ... Legionaire for life

Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yesterday i did hack squats, regular squats, leg ext, leg curls and deadlifts...

stfu.

brazilian1337 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brazilian1337 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brazilian1337 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brazilian1337 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brazilian1337 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brazilian1337 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brazilian1337 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brazilian1337 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brazilian1337 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brazilian1337 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brazilian1337 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sworn_Enemy View Post

Actually I'll probably start wearing ankle weights and lift my knees higher for a more intence workout. My legs will get huge this way.
    ankle weights bad for da knees!
    ☆☆☆ Lifts 6 day/week crew ☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆ Brazilian crew ☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆ OG join date crew ☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆ Don´t neg back crew ☆☆☆

--A7X-- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) --A7X-- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) --A7X-- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) --A7X-- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) --A7X-- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) --A7X-- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) --A7X-- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) --A7X-- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) --A7X-- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) --A7X-- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) --A7X-- is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i only do them once every 2 weeks cause of my wrecked knees, i can hardly do squats so i have to use the leg press where i can only do half reps, i do ride my bike to the gym and back and play alot of sport

DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Pwnage_Boi View Post
    yesterday i did hack squats, regular squats, leg ext, leg curls and deadlifts...

stfu.
    lol squats n dead the same day lol wut

niospecv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) niospecv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) niospecv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) niospecv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) niospecv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) niospecv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) niospecv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) niospecv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) niospecv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) niospecv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) niospecv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do legs twice a week so I definitely try to keep a proportioned body.
    **Texas Crew**
    **Ultra MAGA Crew**
    **Pure Blood Crew**
    **Dallas Cowboys Fan Crew**

DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaDomeSplitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    u do realize that deadlifts work legs too right?
    you do realize that it works more of your back and that both lifts are extremely taxing to your CNS. How do you have enough energy to do both? You're a noob!

Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pwnage_Boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DaDomeSplitter View Post
    lol squats n dead the same day lol wut

i be laughing at chumps like you in the gym...

dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    only people who workout at my school gym is the football team and since they need leg strength they split upper and lower body 50/50. i focus slightly more on my upper body
    "Well I Mean Milk Is Juice From A Cow Right?"

I rep back

Matt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was actually at the gym 4 hours ago, we have 3 power racks, one of which has the safety bars on the side broken.

For the first time in the 2 months since I started I actually had to wait because there were two people doing squats, then they started deadlifting at the racks and I realized they were actual non-weekend warriors and I just tested my luck with the no safety bar one rather then wait. Had to cut a few of my sets short because I wasnt sure I'd make the last reps and didnt have anything to catch the bar if I didnt.

That **** was annoying, I'd prefer nobody worked legs, power rack all to myself then, well except for a few days like yesterday when some guys were suppersetting bro curls with the bar and pushups.
    Working on getting swole.
    Loving the color green. You aware?

thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by Kevster89 View Post

Its ridiculous...

I do not see this sorta thing.Of course,then again,I havent belonged to a gym since june of 05.I remember everyone hiding they're legs though.
    At my Job,being an Unloader,everyone's legs get naturally built up from pullin all those big heavy pallets off the truck and walkin em all the way to the store floor.
    Getting Big Legs to go along with building the upper body bigger takes that much more Protein and Caloric Intake.The nutrition part is SOHHH
    much harder when trying to nutritionally support and enable Big Leg Growth/Gains.
    3000 calories a day and around 150 grams of protein is plenty sufficient for me to maintain my upper body and keep my legs halfway decent.
    I would need around 5000 calories and well over 200 grams of protein daily to support an attempt at getting substaintially bigger legs though.
    I just simply dont wanna eat THAT MUCH.....I'd Get Myself Sick.
    *Addicted to swimming during the summer crew.*
    *Despisement of 2nd hand smoke crew.*
    *Bring back the Commodore 64 crew.*
    *Create a new electric car/vehicle thats under 5 grand crew !*
    *I work very hard for very little pay crew. : ( *
    *I am just "Not Of" this stupid selfish world crew.*
    *I feel annoyed and disgusted of people pre-occupied with they're smart-phones crew. : / *
    *I grew up an Ultra Late Bloomer crew.*

Originally Posted by DaDomeSplitter View Post
    you do realize that it works more of your back and that both lifts are extremely taxing to your CNS. How do you have enough energy to do both? You're a noob!
    i take it your the retarded kid who never got on the school football team right?

No wonder..."taxing to the CNS" LOL

More like "Im a pussy and i dont like to push myself"

iedereen wil een stukje eatsleephate's Avatar
    eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Squats make your penis look smaller. Seriously.

But, I do them cause the ladies love my butt.

JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some people don't care about how big their legs are. Why should you care about them?

Do you really give a **** whether some other casual lifter squats or not? Get your priorities straight.
    Last edited by JerG; 03-23-2008 at 05:19 PM.
    JOURNAL: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110936481

PSU

SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if someone justs want to get a beach body then let them, who cares, not everyone is training for olympia.

SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

i be laughing at chumps like you in the gym...

stfu.
    i have read this many times, and a lot of people would agree that your supposed to keep ur deads and leg day as far as part as possible, i do my deads with my back day, most experienced lifters do.

miken3 is just really nice. (+1000) miken3 is just really nice. (+1000) miken3 is just really nice. (+1000) miken3 is just really nice. (+1000) miken3 is just really nice. (+1000) miken3 is just really nice. (+1000) miken3 is just really nice. (+1000) miken3 is just really nice. (+1000) miken3 is just really nice. (+1000) miken3 is just really nice. (+1000) miken3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SomeoneStopMe View Post
    if someone justs want to get a beach body then let them, who cares, not everyone is training for olympia.
    real talk

i have read this many times, and a lot of people would agree that your supposed to keep ur deads and leg day as far as part as possible, i do my deads with my back day, most experienced lifters do.
    u do that.

Are you aware alot of people bull **** too. No wonder I won Indiana High School State Weightlifting champ 2006....
    Last edited by Pwnage_Boi; 03-23-2008 at 05:40 PM.

jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500)

umm no, u need to SQUAT to get big legs, and the rest will follow

Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nah i used to play soccer i'm fine

thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by miken3 View Post
    real talk

or like what my late dad told me when i first decided to join the gym back in january of 92.

-"just go for the street look"
    -"bahhhh....big legs'll just slow ya down"
    -"nobody'll bother lookin at you're legs"
    -"the chicks dont care...they just want ya to sweet talk em"
    -"You wont be able to do all that Hi Yah Karate Stuff anymore"
    *I feel annoyed and disgusted of people pre-occupied with they're smart-phones crew. : / *

jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500) jungalist is not very helpful. (-500)

u do that.

Are you aware alot of people bull **** too. No wonder I won Indiana High School State Weightlifting champ 2006....
    ok just stating what i have read and heard from people that are pretty knowlegeable people about lifting. post this in the excersize lifting section or steriod section and see what people say. the majority would do their deads and squats on different days.

Originally Posted by jungalist View Post

and you need to eat ALOT more to support and enable leg training/leg growth.

Personally for me mixing Deads and Squats together cause new growth to occur.

This is my experience from years of lifting. It has increased my agility, and my explosive strength.

I can also Lat PullDown 280lbs on the machine for 8-10 reps.

But yea i can see why some people would not want to do that.
    weight and height? jw.

ok just stating what i have read and heard from people that are pretty knowlegeable people about lifting. post this in the excersize lifting section or steriod section and see what people say. the majority would do their deads and squats on different days.
    Personally for me mixing Deads and Squats together cause new growth to occur.

This is my experience from years of lifting. It has increased my agility, and my explosive strength.

I can also Lat PullDown 280lbs on the machine for 8-10 reps.

But yea i can see why some people would not want to do that.