Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Starky1177 View Post
    Do you have a Whey PWO shake on this Diet?...are Almonds Permitted at all? and You can Eat all the Keto Veggies you want, correct?
    you're describing normal keto. Its called the steak and eggs diet - you literally eat ONLY steak (or other fatty meat) and eggs. Steak is ideal, but not because its leaner than ground, its because ground is ground and the proteins are somewhat denatured, at least thats the explanation I got.

TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PyroBurns View Post
    Are you sure about the lean meat thing? Protein would far surpass the fat.

And I just got my hopes up knowing I could use ground beef. Steak is way too expensive to be chowing on all day everyday.
    Steak and Eggs Diet is more of a high protein, moderate fat and low carb diet.

You can reverse the fats and proteins, but then it would be a normal keto diet, which is a high fat, moderate protein and low carb diet.

There is also another variation of these diets called Meat and Eggs diet. Which allows eating any meat, in moderation; and then eating unlimited number of eggs.
    Last edited by TheCaptain; 03-23-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    Current Diet: Turkey, Chicken, Steak, Eggs, Yogurt, Rice, Salad and Steamed Veggies. (60/30/10 ratio)

Current Supplements: Desiccated Liver Tablets, Muscle Milk, Multivitamin, Vanadyl Sulfate, Nitrix, Flax Seed Oil, Saw Palmento and Calcium/Magnezium supplements.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you have a Whey PWO shake on this Diet?...are Almonds Permitted at all? and You can Eat all the Keto Veggies you want, correct?

That's gonna be a triple yes my friend.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000)
    this is also a great poor man's diet. Eggs are super cheap and crappy cuts of steak are too

TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mar999 View Post
    this is also a great poor man's diet. Eggs are super cheap and crappy cuts of steak are too
    Yeah you can get 4 large 20oz bottom round steaks for $12 at Sam's club.

A large eye round is like $18 and will provide you with 15 steaks about 1 inch thick. Each steak is about 4 1/2-6 1/2oz
    Current Diet: Turkey, Chicken, Steak, Eggs, Yogurt, Rice, Salad and Steamed Veggies. (60/30/10 ratio)

Current Supplements: Desiccated Liver Tablets, Muscle Milk, Multivitamin, Vanadyl Sulfate, Nitrix, Flax Seed Oil, Saw Palmento and Calcium/Magnezium supplements.

Originally Posted by EndingPhase View Post
    I read about this diet, somewhere. Has anyone ever tried it? Id like to see how it went. thanks.

This link will help answer a lot of your questions:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ketogenic+diet

EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Yeah you can get 4 large 20oz bottom round steaks for $12 at Sam's club.

A large eye round is like $18 and will provide you with 15 steaks about 1 inch thick. Each steak is about 4 1/2-6 1/2oz
    Yah, if your ever more poor like me. You can buy a weeks worth of meat for 15 bucks. Gotta love 5 oz hamburger patties.

Yah, if your ever more poor like me. You can buy a weeks worth of meat for 15 bucks. Gotta love 5 oz hamburger patties.
    Considering that most people cant stick with a diet; dont bankrupt yourself over this thing If you cant afford steak, eat hamburger; cant afford meat, become a vegetarian

I learned long ago not to charge up my credit cards on the latest supplements, because i will end up regaining any weight long before i finish paying off the interest.

But, the reason for eating solid meats like steak or buffalo is many. But, three reasons are that solid foods take longer to digest, therefore you remain fuller longer; solid foods require the body to use more energy to breakdown, therefore get a thermogenic factor from your food; and solid foods tend to be a more complete protein source then ground beef.

But, do what you can do. Just whatever you do, stick with it for at least 6 months. Its really at 6-months when i think most people transform so mich that they dont recognize themselves

DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Steak And Egg is truly the fastest way to get lean. And in my opinion, the only type of diet you feel full of energy while on this diet.

I've done in with 3 meals a day. And at least on of this meal with ground beef.

I use Vince Gironda books, and I just called Ron last week(Vince's friend who sells the book and supplements from him now). I'm getting ready to cut for summer. There are 2 version people have since of Vince's diet.

The "meat and eggs", or his definition diet is 3 meals a day, each having unlimited eggs, and meat, 3 times a day.

He does have a "steak and egg diet" in his books. Which the quotes goes something like this "steak and eggs the strong men's favorite meal, this meal is the favorite of bodybuilders interested in keeping up their size and burning all possible fat from their bodies." He does not mention the quantities off egg and steak you should eat. He states that you should listen to your body(which 99% of people dont ) it will let you know how much to eat. He mentions steak and egg elevates your blood sugar for 6-7 hours, so one can eat 2 meals and be fine.

But in resume, never count calories on steak and eggs just eat it till satisfied

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

and solid foods tend to be a more complete protein source then ground beef.

that makes no sense.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jg_girl088 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DD66 View Post
    But in resume, never count calories on steak and eggs just eat it till satisfied
    yeah id like to emphasize the eat until satisfied part, because its very easy to eat past satisfaction of hunger and justify it because it said not to count calories, but trust me, you wont get anywhere that way (from my experience at least)

DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jg_girl088 View Post
    yeah id like to emphasize the eat until satisfied part, because its very easy to eat past satisfaction of hunger and justify it because it said not to count calories, but trust me, you wont get anywhere that way (from my experience at least)
    Yes very well said

I have found that doing a 500 calorie deficiency with steak and eggs results in the fastest fat loss.

Sure, you dont need to count calories; as with every other keto-style diet; but no matter what people tell you, if you add up your calories, you will see your still eating less calories. The reason being that fat and protein take longer to digest then carbs. Once your digestive system gets full from fat and protein, it slows digestion down and triggers your brain to say "im not hungry". You might eat a lot in the beginning, and even gain some weight, but thats until your digestive tract gets full.

I have found that doing a 500 calorie deficiency with steak and eggs results in the fastest fat loss.

Sure, you dont need to count calories; as with every other keto-style diet; but no matter what people tell you, if you add up your calories, you will see your still eating less calories. The reason being that fat and protein take longer to digest then carbs. Once your digestive system gets full from fat and protein, it slows digestion down and triggers your brain to say "im not hungry". You might eat a lot in the beginning, and even gain some weight, but thats until your digestive tract gets full.
    I'm not trying to bash you or anything. But you don't look very lean to me. And you saying to do a 500 calorie deficit on a steak and egg diet.

Eating this type of diet steak and egg(or meat and egg), you can EASILY eat 3000-3500 calories a day( which would be above maintenance for most people) as long has its only protein and fat. You will lose on average 20 pounds of fat in 3 months, without sacrificing any muscle, and no cardio.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Question: Can it be eggs and ground beef? Or does it have to be a cut of meat?
    A ground beef omelette is a gift from God.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    That's gonna be a triple yes my friend.
    That makes no sense! Isn't that just keto?
    ≡nlightenment €rew

joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like Pyro said,

No veggies, no nuts

Fatty meats and eggs... That's all.

you're right I misunderstood what he was talking about.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

I'm not trying to bash you or anything. But you don't look very lean to me.
    There are those who were born skinny, much like yourself; whose idea of dieting is to lose 5lb or 10lbs. Then there are those who have always been overweight, much like myself; whose idea of dieting is to lose 50lbs, 100lbs, 150lbs, 200lbs etc. A peeve of mine is how skinny people always think they know the best way to diet, just because they have been skinny all their life (ie. this applies to 99% of the personal trainers out there, they already had a physique long before they learned to get in shape).

As for me, well read some of my older posts for the whole story. The short answer is that i was always severely overweight my entire life, i then reduced my bodyfat to 12% and maintained this for 5 1/2 years, with a summer average around 6%-8%. But, then i suffered several health problems and now i am working to get back on track. The picture you see is from last summer, after i lost 93 lbs of fat from following a steak and egg diet. But, i still have progress to be made as i started off with a hell of a lot more bodyfat then most people on this forum. I also had some bumpy starts due to health reasons and schedule. But, my goal continues to be the same, to achieve 6% bodyfat again.

Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    A ground beef omelette is a gift from God.

How do you make it?

There are those who were born skinny, much like yourself; whose idea of dieting is to lose 5lb or 10lbs. Then there are those who have always been overweight, much like myself; whose idea of dieting is to lose 50lbs, 100lbs, 150lbs, 200lbs etc. A peeve of mine is how skinny people always think they know the best way to diet, just because they have been skinny all their life (ie. this applies to 99% of the personal trainers out there, they already had a physique long before they learned to get in shape).

As for me, well read some of my older posts for the whole story. The short answer is that i was always severely overweight my entire life, i then reduced my bodyfat to 12% and maintained this for 5 1/2 years, with a summer average around 6%-8%. But, then i suffered several health problems and now i am working to get back on track. The picture you see is from last summer, after i lost 93 lbs of fat from following a steak and egg diet. But, i still have progress to be made as i started off with a hell of a lot more bodyfat then most people on this forum. I also had some bumpy starts due to health reasons and schedule. But, my goal continues to be the same, to achieve 6% bodyfat again.

I don't mean to be rude but you seem like a troll....i remember reading posts of yours a good while back talking about 5000 reps on the ab machines and really really weird workouts and contradictive info on keto and steak and eggs....

I bet you're legit and everything but....I mean, how could you gain so much weight on a medical condition? Binge Eating disorder?
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

I don't mean to be rude but you seem like a troll....i remember reading posts of yours a good while back talking about 5000 reps on the ab machines and really really weird workouts and contradictive info on keto and steak and eggs....

I bet you're legit and everything but....I mean, how could you gain so much weight on a medical condition? Binge Eating disorder?
    Yes Captain, I understand what your saying. I lost 40 pounds last summer doing this diet. So to me losing fat was never 5-10 pounds. Right now it is, because bulked Vince Gironda style. Didnt gain much fat. just pure muscle. Now i Have about 5 pounds of fat this time around.

Like Mark said, I remember you from last summer Captain, I was on there a lot back then, I also remember your wierd workout. Your sig was like "90 minute cardio, beef liver, keto". I believe you've probably lost some good weight. But you talk about 6-8% body fat. Thats very low. I'm not trying to contradict anything you say thats not my goal. I'm simply stating what has worked for me. All I seem to get from your old post, you talk about where and what you want to be which is good, but become honest today. I dont know your health issues but a steak and eggs, is healthy, and perfect, and you would be at your 6% without a problem.

stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm eating nothing but eggs, sausage, ground beef, salmon, & cheese. It's working great for me. I eat veggies when I feel like it.
    I'm an athlete

xcopy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Steak And Egg is truly the fastest way to get lean. And in my opinion, the only type of diet you feel full of energy while on this diet.

I've done in with 3 meals a day. And at least on of this meal with ground beef.

I use Vince Gironda books, and I just called Ron last week(Vince's friend who sells the book and supplements from him now). I'm getting ready to cut for summer. There are 2 version people have since of Vince's diet.

The "meat and eggs", or his definition diet is 3 meals a day, each having unlimited eggs, and meat, 3 times a day.

He does have a "steak and egg diet" in his books. Which the quotes goes something like this "steak and eggs the strong men's favorite meal, this meal is the favorite of bodybuilders interested in keeping up their size and burning all possible fat from their bodies." He does not mention the quantities off egg and steak you should eat. He states that you should listen to your body(which 99% of people dont ) it will let you know how much to eat. He mentions steak and egg elevates your blood sugar for 6-7 hours, so one can eat 2 meals and be fine.

what cuts of steak did you normally eat?

aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ahh.. I was just thinking that too, specifically the ab machine thing. I remember reading how he was a advocate of Gironda style lifting, then that ab machine insance crunches popped into my head. LOL.

Originally Posted by aspengc8 View Post
    Ahh.. I was just thinking that too, specifically the ab machine thing. I remember reading how he was a advocate of Gironda style lifting, then that ab machine insance crunches popped into my head. LOL.
    true dat....i remember laughing really hard when I read that.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Originally Posted by xcopy View Post
    what cuts of steak did you normally eat?
    Well might sound ridiculous but when i did this, i loved steak, just didnt know whats cuts actually were. but i always ate Top Sirloin, Top round, ( the name sounded perfect lol) and just regular ground beef. So say to eat fatty cuts all the time. But you dont have too you will get lots of fat in the eggs. So any cut will do perfectly fine. Also if you do more of a meat and egg, thats why you can take a "fat-free" fish like tilapia and eggs to get your fat.

Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So...There is no PWO shake at all...just a PW Steak and egg shake (blender anyone?)

So...There is no PWO shake at all...just a PW Steak and egg shake (blender anyone?)
    No no shake at all, Vince was pretty much against it, unless it was eggs and milk proteine mixed in whipped cream. And i do this every morning raw eggs in a blender 5-6, doesnt taste anything and you get lots of proteine of premium quality. but of coarse, there is nothing wrong with cooking them

No no shake at all, Vince was pretty much against it, unless it was eggs and milk proteine mixed in whipped cream. And i do this every morning raw eggs in a blender 5-6, doesnt taste anything and you get lots of proteine of premium quality. but of coarse, there is nothing wrong with cooking them
    i've heard bad things about consuming the raw whites on a daily basis, even if you are consuming the yolks with them. Is it okay to do that or will you risk biotin deficiency? I've been wanting to switch to raw eggs but I'm scared of the biotin thing with the raw whites.