TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

over the door pull ups

since i work out at home and only have a bench press, ez curl bar, and dumbells i wanted to get something new to add to my home gym. i decided to get a chin up bar but since my door frame is hollow and really weak i wasnt able to install it so i found these:

heres the link where i ordered them from.

http://www.amazon.com/Lifeline-Power...6206262&sr=8-1

so what i am wondering is how effective pull/chin ups will be for me. im just trying to get bigger by summer, hoping for a lot of noobie gains since i just started lifting this week and ima start taking creatine.

also, anyone ever used these over the door pull up handles before?

bigboyhjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboyhjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey not trying to rag on them but i broke my door last year using them. like the hinges came out of the door framing...
    "Pain is just fear leaving the body, with that said I am building the men of the future." - Trent Jones

"I enjoy doing what I do, I enjoy hurting people.... That's what I like to do i'm in the hurt business, I really like it alot" - Mike Tyson

"I want to rip your heart out. I want to eat your children." - Mike Tyson

itszach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, i used to do them over the door without those grips, you could break the door, so try to stay as close to the hinges as possible. If you have a a room you can do this in, just put an eye hook in your ceiling. With that you can just hang some ropes, and do alot of different excersizes.

Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i just use the wood above the door frame for pull ups. helps develop grip too
    bench 225x6
    squat 320x5
    dead 455x1

TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mickles View Post
    i just use the wood above the door frame for pull ups. helps develop grip too
    thats alpha.

the wood above my doorframes is weak. ive tried using it for pull ups the other day and the wood started to bend so ima stick with this for now. im going to do the pull ups on the outside of the door(the side of the door where the hindges arent showing) and since i dont weigh too much im sure the door will hold me. if not, oh well.

big-muscle-19 is just really nice. (+1000) big-muscle-19 is just really nice. (+1000) big-muscle-19 is just really nice. (+1000) big-muscle-19 is just really nice. (+1000) big-muscle-19 is just really nice. (+1000) big-muscle-19 is just really nice. (+1000) big-muscle-19 is just really nice. (+1000) big-muscle-19 is just really nice. (+1000) big-muscle-19 is just really nice. (+1000) big-muscle-19 is just really nice. (+1000) big-muscle-19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    they looks liek they would put more emphasis on biceps

Originally Posted by big-muscle-19 View Post
    they looks liek they would put more emphasis on biceps
    thats good then i wasnt sure exactly what muscles pull/chin ups work.

are pull ups or chin ups more effective?

Scint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TinFoil View Post
    thats good then i wasnt sure exactly what muscles pull/chin ups work.

are pull ups or chin ups more effective?
    Chin ups use the biceps more!