Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CharlesV View Post
    Christianity is, in essence the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood, and telepathically comunicate to him that you accept him as your master, so that he can remove an evil force from your soul that will cause you to live forever burning in fire instead of good stuff, that is present in all humans because a woman made from a rib was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree that the father of the cosmic Jewish Zombie, who was also him, made, stuck infront of the rib-woman, and then told her not to eat from.

Doesn't sound like bull**** to me!
    Very creative, and very original. Must be more of the renowned atheist free-thinking I keep hearing so much about eh?
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
    Very creative, and very original. Must be more of the renowned atheist free-thinking I keep hearing so much about eh?
    It's just a joke! Meant to be funny. I think everyone can agree that religious beliefs all have a humerous element to them, when you simplify them to the most basic level.

hassaanu is not very well liked. (-100) hassaanu is not very well liked. (-100) hassaanu is not very well liked. (-100) hassaanu is not very well liked. (-100) hassaanu is not very well liked. (-100) hassaanu is not very well liked. (-100) hassaanu is not very well liked. (-100) hassaanu is not very well liked. (-100) hassaanu is not very well liked. (-100) hassaanu is not very well liked. (-100) hassaanu is not very well liked. (-100)
    Those points he made are not even close to being the first time they have been brought up though. Those same arguments have been rehashed on this forum for as long as I can remember, and I have been here a LOOOONG time.

I like that he points out the hypocrisy of mainstream Christianity, because people need to realize how stupid and hypocritical it is to call yourself a Christian and then ignore what Christ taught, other than the convenient parts.

I agree that there was no literal earth-covering flood. This story is obviously allegorical imo.

However, Christ IS the Son of God, the Saviour of the world and the only way to live with God for eternity. And his opinion on that one doesn't affect mine at all.
    lol

fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Very creative, and very original.
    Not to mention very true! I have never once heard a Christian address this without sarcastically dismissing it, or questioning the motives of why atheists "attack" Christianity.

fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fattony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MonsterG8r View Post
    Joe Rogan or Robert Dick Wilson????hmmmmmm.........Short articles and to the point. I'd say ol' Robert is a "little" more informed and educated on the Bible than a former reality show host.lol

http://narrowpathway.com/docpages/cl...ick_wilson.htm

http://www.christiancourier.com/arti...rt_dick_wilson
    Way to cop out of the argument. Do you have any thoughts of your own?

I asked you to explain, in your own words, why the statements Joe Rogan made in his blog were false. Instead you post a link and say "look, here's some really smart guy who agrees with me!"

MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fattony View Post
    Way to cop out of the argument. Do you have any thoughts of your own?

I asked you to explain, in your own words, why the statements Joe Rogan made in his blog were false. Not post a link and say "look, here's some really smart guy who agrees with me!"
    After YOU start a thread with someone else's thoughts and words???............ Classic.
    DC-Best legs ever in the Pacific Northwest!!!! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

After YOU start a thread with someone else's thoughts and words???............ Classic.
    Yes, followed by "Do you agree." As in, to spark discussion.

I already made my own thoughts clear earlier in the thread. I asked you to EXPLAIN yours.

striker543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) striker543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) striker543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) striker543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) striker543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) striker543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) striker543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) striker543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) striker543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) striker543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) striker543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fattony View Post
    Not to mention very true! I have never once heard a Christian address this without sarcastically dismissing it, or questioning the motives of why atheists "attack" Christianity.
    well if you are going to just use sarcasm to "attack" something, why would you expect anything but sarcasm back.

why don't you go read up on rational atheism

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=...heism&colID=13
    Last edited by striker543; 03-27-2008 at 10:14 PM.
    son that ain't right, I banned myself

Originally Posted by striker543 View Post
    well if you are going to just use sarcasm to "attack" something, why would you expect anything but sarcasm back.

why don't you go read up on rational atheism

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=...heism&colID=13
    No, no, no. You don't seem to understand. The "zombie" analogy is quite a good one, and that's why it pisses so many Christians off. They're never actually be able to explain what's inaccurate about it.

Original Gangster of lulz d-mane's Avatar
    d-mane is on a distinguished road. (+10) d-mane is on a distinguished road. (+10) d-mane is on a distinguished road. (+10) d-mane is on a distinguished road. (+10) d-mane is on a distinguished road. (+10) d-mane is on a distinguished road. (+10) d-mane is on a distinguished road. (+10) d-mane is on a distinguished road. (+10) d-mane is on a distinguished road. (+10) d-mane is on a distinguished road. (+10) d-mane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    anything joe rogan says is true.
    Canadian Forces NCM

Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Show where the Dead Sea Scrolls contradict the OT.....
    How could the Dead Sea Scrolls "contradict" the Old Testament? Old Testament writings are part of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

And what does this have to do with the first point I made that you still haven't responded to?
    <Insert Japanese Writing Here>

"In fact, professional wrestling is strong." - Kazushi Sakuraba

MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Insane Clown View Post
    How could the Dead Sea Scrolls "contradict" the Old Testament? Old Testament writings are part of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

And what does this have to do with the first point I made that you still haven't responded to?
    The point was that the Old Testament has been accurately kept through the ages. Whether you accept if it's true is up to you.

Genetically Screwed takemehigher's Avatar
    takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY View Post
    Yes I agree. Anyone who believes Christianity to be reality must do some serious intellectual gymnastics to maintain that belief.
    First of all, since when is Joe Rogen an authority on anything other than "how to be an unfunny candy ass"? It would be something more if an actual celebrity came out and said this, but I am sure he is trying to use bashing religion to make a name for himself

Anyone who is an atheist would have to do some very neglectful thinking in order to keep with their belief system! Believing in God seems like the most plausible scenario, but Christianity does make things more difficult. If you ignore everything about Christianity and dont actually read anything with an open mind, are you not giving more or less, a self fulfilling prophecy?
    "IF AN ATHEIST WERE A GAME PIECE, THEY WOULD BE A BLANK DOMINO!" ~takemehigher

Since people have a problem with it, I work for an apologetics web site. Evidently, we are not allowed to post on any topics that threaten atheistic thinking. So now you know, since this issue comes up about every few months, now you cannot say I did not tell you! If you demand personal info from me, you should also return some personal info about yourself, it's only fair.

curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by takemehigher View Post
    First of all, since when is Joe Rogen an authority on anything ...It would be something more if an actual celebrity came out and said...
    Good enough for 'real celebs' good enough for TAKEMEHIGHER!!!

Haha! Lol!

takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50) takemehigher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by curtis999 View Post
    Good enough for 'real celebs' good enough for TAKEMEHIGHER!!!

Haha! Lol!
    I am a bit of a celebrity myself Atleast I do have a few college degrees, what authority does Joe Rogen really exhibit?

Since people have a problem with it, I work for an apologetics web site. Evidently, we are not allowed to post on any topics that threaten atheistic thinking. So now you know, since this issue comes up about every few months, now you cannot say I did not tell you! If you demand personal info from me, you should also return some personal info about yourself, it's only fair.

curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) curtis999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Atleast I do have a few college degrees, what authority does Joe Rogen really exhibit?
    To believe that a degree or a measurable amount of fame is the requisite for truth is absurd and shows your limitations!

Sometimes the more 'simply' we can look at a problem or the more detached from the mainstream 'thinktank' we can become, the ease at which we can solve problems becomes even more apparent.

You, having degrees must have been taught by a professor no?

What if he had your thinking, only talking to, or listening to viewpoints from others of his intellect?
    He would have refused to teach you. You would not have been worthy of his time or effort.

...we can benefit, and yes even LEARN, from those who do not hold the same academic achievements we do!

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First of all, since when is Joe Rogen an authority on anything other than "how to be an unfunny candy ass"? It would be something more if an actual celebrity came out and said this, but I am sure he is trying to use bashing religion to make a name for himself

Anyone who is an atheist would have to do some very neglectful thinking in order to keep with their belief system! Believing in God seems like the most plausible scenario, but Christianity does make things more difficult. If you ignore everything about Christianity and dont actually read anything with an open mind, are you not giving more or less, a self fulfilling prophecy?
    It is completely illogical, and non scientific, to assert that X is more plausible than Y, if X has never been proven to exist.

X=God
    Y=No god
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Originally Posted by curtis999 View Post
    To believe that a degree or a measurable amount of fame is the requisite for truth is absurd and shows your limitations!

Sometimes the more 'simply' we can look at a problem or the more detached from the mainstream 'thinktank' we can become, the ease at which we can solve problems becomes even more apparent.

You, having degrees must have been taught by a professor no?

What if he had your thinking, only talking to, or listening to viewpoints from others of his intellect?
    He would have refused to teach you. You would not have been worthy of his time or effort.

...we can benefit, and yes even LEARN, from those who do not hold the same academic achievements we do!
    I thought you were joking, but obviously you think I am an idiot. The point you missed I was trying to illustrate with having a degree in religion is that educated people probably have a tad more insight towards a situation than Hillbilly John out in the boon dox! I was simply making a joke about Joe Rogen being a "nobody" and wondering why anyone would care what he truly thought. Obviously, you did not get the sarcasm, which in turn shows your limitations

And yes I was taught by many professors over my illustrious and expensive college career. We might be able to learn from all types of people, but sometimes learning does not lead to truth. Many intelligent professors have differing opinions, so a student has to make up his or her mind on who is truly correct. The only way to do this is to continuously learn, however, I truly believe almost all students go in with a bias to begin with and are really not interested in finding the truth!

My point is, more people might actually take into consideration the viewpoint of someone educated in that field. I mean, would you take guitar lessons from Peyton Manning? Would you learn how to throw a football from Tom Cruise?? Useful they maybe, but an authority on the subject....I think not!

It is completely illogical, and non scientific, to assert that X is more plausible than Y, if X has never been proven to exist.

X=God
    Y=No god
    There is a pleathora of evidence pointing towards God's existence, you just simply choose to ignore anything that points towards a God creating the universe. It is like the old saying goes...."you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".

JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

There is a pleathora of evidence pointing towards God's existence, you just simply choose to ignore anything that points towards a God creating the universe. It is like the old saying goes...."you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".
    Really? Well you should publish that in a peer reviewed scientific journal, you would be famous, and probably become wealthy for being the only person that was able to provide "a pleathora of evidence". Let me know when you publish it (serious).
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Really? Well you should publish that in a peer reviewed scientific journal, you would be famous, and probably become wealthy for being the only person that was able to provide "a pleathora of evidence". Let me know when you publish it (serious).
    Well I think you remember the abundance in which I used to post up here that few people could give legitimate retorts to, usually just swimming in their own illogical dreams. There is so much worthwhile evidence out there to prove there is a God. My biggest problem with the atheistic thought is that it does not attempt to answer the age old question of "who invented the universe?"! It seems that atheists are not really interested in obtaining the truth, but rather shooting down ideas posed by theists. And when an atheist does make a claim about the cause and effect beginning of th universe, it generally is an absurd notion, just like the benighted "multiverse theory" of a superuniverse that spits out universes! And they say believing in God is absurd!!! So can you enlighten me on how we all got here to this earth? I am awaiting to hear atheistic responses on this!

Well I think you remember the abundance in which I used to post up here that few people could give legitimate retorts to, usually just swimming in their own illogical dreams. There is so much worthwhile evidence out there to prove there is a God. My biggest problem with the atheistic thought is that it does not attempt to answer the age old question of "who invented the universe?"! It seems that atheists are not really interested in obtaining the truth, but rather shooting down ideas posed by theists. And when an atheist does make a claim about the cause and effect beginning of th universe, it generally is an absurd notion, just like the benighted "multiverse theory" of a superuniverse that spits out universes! And they say believing in God is absurd!!! So can you enlighten me on how we all got here to this earth? I am awaiting to hear atheistic responses on this!
    Well you are already attempting to stack the cards in your favor by wording it "WHO invented the universe". Who says theres a who? There are some very smart people out there trying to figure how things began.

And repeating "there is evidence!" over and over doesn't make it so. You have yet to provide any, you just keep saying there is. Again, let me know when you publish your paper.

Well you are already attempting to stack the cards in your favor by wording it "WHO invented the universe". Who says theres a who? There are some very smart people out there trying to figure how things began.

And repeating "there is evidence!" over and over doesn't make it so. You have yet to provide any, you just keep saying there is. Again, let me know when you publish your paper.
    I have actually published a few works in the past, and am thinking about putting out a book in the next few years! I was going to do a commentary and debunking of all the famous atheistic works of the last few years. I have already started on a few books, working on Dawkins most recent book!

Oh how I love the avoidance of the questions I ask! I attempt to give a logical answer, and I never get a straight answer back, probably because there is none to give Ok, what invented the universe...does that wording suit your eyes? There are some very smart people that already figured out how this began

I have actually published a few works in the past, and am thinking about putting out a book in the next few years! I was going to do a commentary and debunking of all the famous atheistic works of the last few years. I have already started on a few books, working on Dawkins most recent book!

Oh how I love the avoidance of the questions I ask! I attempt to give a logical answer, and I never get a straight answer back, probably because there is none to give Ok, what invented the universe...does that wording suit your eyes? There are some very smart people that already figured out how this began
    The answer is, I/we don't know. As far as my best guess, I believe that matter/energy always existed in some form, and some crazy reaction/event took place billions of years ago that formed what we know today as the universe. Of course even after it was "created", it took billions of years of meteors slamming into planets, and stars exploding etc etc to get us here.

Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

You publish papers, write a book, and still attempt to argue using illogical ad hominems to make your point? The fact that he is Joe Rogan, unfunny, or a candy ass has nothing to do with his logical argument.

So just because WE can't explain it, it MUST be god's work? The greeks used that logic for just about everything. Stars, planets, sunrise and sunset, how we came to be, thunder, lightning. They believe that gods were behind that, just as you believe a god made the universe. They were wrong, and it is just as likely that you are too. A lack of evidence to the contrary doesn't equate to evidence in your favor.
    I used to be 135 pounds, give me a break.

Reps to:
    LilScrapper
    The Unleashed
    Carpe_Diem
    All_Swoled_Up
    Master.D.

TheBigEasy007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheBigEasy007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheBigEasy007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheBigEasy007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheBigEasy007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheBigEasy007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheBigEasy007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheBigEasy007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheBigEasy007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheBigEasy007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheBigEasy007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree with what Joe Rogan said.

Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The point was that the Old Testament has been accurately kept through the ages. Whether you accept if it's true is up to you.
    So then what in the world did your links and reference to this guy have to do with anything?

Joe Rogan wasn't questioning how well the Old Testament has been reproduced (though, if it did start from oral tradition, how would we ever even know if the original writings were correct?), but whether it was accurate history.

You said you'd rather trust such and such guy (I'm too lazy to go back and look at his name), and posted links, only to find such and such guy doesn't really tackle this issue at all.

So were you purposely wasting time or what?
    <Insert Japanese Writing Here>

"In fact, professional wrestling is strong." - Kazushi Sakuraba

Originally Posted by Insane Clown View Post
    So then what in the world did your links and reference to this guy have to do with anything?

Joe Rogan wasn't questioning how well the Old Testament has been reproduced (though, if it did start from oral tradition, how would we ever even know if the original writings were correct?), but whether it was accurate history.

You said you'd rather trust such and such guy (I'm too lazy to go back and look at his name), and posted links, only to find such and such guy doesn't really tackle this issue at all.

So were you purposely wasting time or what?
    Nope. The OT is the accurate history of the Israelites. If their history is recorded accurately, then it stands to reason the rest is as well.

The answer is, I/we don't know. As far as my best guess, I believe that matter/energy always existed in some form, and some crazy reaction/event took place billions of years ago that formed what we know today as the universe. Of course even after it was "created", it took billions of years of meteors slamming into planets, and stars exploding etc etc to get us here.
    I believe the answer is that people refuse to look at the evidence presented to them. It is really sad, because most atheists tend to be pretty intelligent people too! I do agree with what you said with your last sentence. Many Christians believe the universe was created (along with the eart) like 7000 years ago and take the entire Bible literally! It simply is not meant to be taken that way at all, and people who think it is are just plain wrong. I would agree that matter/energy has always been here too, but I do believe the universe is a created entity also, but something must exist outside of the parameters we are limited to, another dimension if you will.

Originally Posted by Anticrombie315 View Post
    You publish papers, write a book, and still attempt to argue using illogical ad hominems to make your point? The fact that he is Joe Rogan, unfunny, or a candy ass has nothing to do with his logical argument.

So just because WE can't explain it, it MUST be god's work? The greeks used that logic for just about everything. Stars, planets, sunrise and sunset, how we came to be, thunder, lightning. They believe that gods were behind that, just as you believe a god made the universe. They were wrong, and it is just as likely that you are too. A lack of evidence to the contrary doesn't equate to evidence in your favor.
    Lol, do you people not read? I was making a joke, a joke for God's sake! I imagine many of you are the most boring people when you go out, girls become immediately dulled by your conversational abilities, etc....why, because you have no sense of sarcasm or humor. I was simply making a joke as to why would anyone care what Joe Rogen says! His argument had a few good points, but most was based on his bias perception. So for the second post on this page for all the slow readers, I was joookkkiinnnggg! Instead, you really should read the post I previously wrote.

Lol, there is an abundance of evidence to point that God exists. There are many things in space we have yet to discover or see, does that mean they dont exist? This is why I am often confused as to why atheists accuse Christians of being narrow-minded. People have used false logic for years, does not mean all groups are wrong! Someone has to be right about things, and the Bible still stands to have its contents not disproven. It is the burden of us to either prove or disprove its content, based on reading, history, archaeology, etc! If you have not put in research on much of the Bible and are just spouting of opinions, it kinda makes your opinion have little to no validity. I have posted a pleathora of info on here before giving very good information defending the existence of God and the Bible coorelating with religion you may have missed! Maybe I should repost some of them.

BTW anticrombie, I would think you would like Abercrombie clothes at 6"2 and 170 pds! You could fit into the small shirts there. I think Abercrombie clothes rock, mainly cause they show off my physique and girls love me in em! Why you hatin on em?

I believe the answer is that people refuse to look at the evidence presented to them. It is really sad, because most atheists tend to be pretty intelligent people too! I do agree with what you said with your last sentence. Many Christians believe the universe was created (along with the eart) like 7000 years ago and take the entire Bible literally! It simply is not meant to be taken that way at all, and people who think it is are just plain wrong. I would agree that matter/energy has always been here too, but I do believe the universe is a created entity also, but something must exist outside of the parameters we are limited to, another dimension if you will.
    Did you not notice I put created in quotes..."Created"? I don't think it was created.