Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fish oils or glucosamine?

I do alot of running, i need something good for the joints for future preference

which of these do u recommend? thanks
    Team [E]xtreme

If there's nothing but survival,
    How can I believe in Sin?
    In a world that gives you nothing,
    We need something to Believe in!

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Super_Kaioken View Post
    I do alot of running, i need something good for the joints for future preference

which of these do u recommend? thanks
    Why the binary thinking? Why not both? Why not consider Cissus, Chondroitin, & MSM as well?

Megadosing fish oil for preventative joint support isn't wise.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Super_Kaioken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Why the binary thinking? Why not both? Why not consider Cissus, Chondroitin, & MSM as well?

Megadosing fish oil for preventative joint support isn't wise.
    because ive never heard of them ones lol

i dont plan on MEGADOSING fish oils man, whyd you say that?

even if i only took them then id only have it once whenever i go for a run

3-5 times a week.

is glucosamine better ???????? i heard it freezes joints rather than ''liquify'' them like fish oils
    Team [E]xtreme

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    because ive never heard of them ones lol

i dont plan on MEGADOSING fish oils man, whyd you say that?

even if i only took them then id only have it once whenever i go for a run

3-5 times a week.

is glucosamine better ???????? i heard it freezes joints rather than ''liquify'' them like fish oils
    I said that because you need to take a good amount of fish oil to reap the benefits.

I think you've been hearing things that are not necessarily true.

Look into hydrolyzed collagen, Vit-C, Curcumin, Quercetin, & Bromelain as well.
    Last edited by in10city; 03-21-2008 at 06:25 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't believe there is strong evidence out there to support glucosamine/MSM as actually doing anything. There is a lot of evidence that fish oils are good for general health so I'd go with them.

Supp Misc Outkast digitalgoodtime's Avatar
    digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    I said that because you need to take a good amount of fish oil to reap the benefits.

I think you've been hearing things that are not necessarily true.

Look into hydrolyzed collagen, Vit-C, Curcumin, Quercetin, & Bromelain as well.
    in10city, do u use fish oil? If yes, how much per day? just curious...
    vegetable-based protein ftw

on hiatus - too many douche bags here.....

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mad_Mike View Post
    I don't believe there is strong evidence out there to support glucosamine/MSM as actually doing anything.
    Wrong, according to all the reputable sources below, including NIH, Mayo Clinic, Journal of Athletic Training on Pubmed. I also do a lot of running. I take glucosamine\chondroitin, along with fish oil daily.

According to the results of the NIH study:

"participants with moderate-to-severe pain, glucosamine combined with chondroitin sulfate provided significant pain relief compared with placebo."

According to the Journal of Athletic Training on Pubmed:

"Clinical studies indicate that glucosamine sulfate has been shown to be a safe and relatively effective treatment."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/glu...nt-glucosamine
    http://nccam.nih.gov/research/results/gait/qa.htm
    http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=155438
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

Originally Posted by Hotmoltenlava View Post
    Wrong, according to all the reputable sources below, including NIH, Mayo Clinic, Journal of Athletic Training on Pubmed. I also do a lot of running. I take glucosamine\chondroitin, along with fish oil daily.

According to the results of the NIH study:

"participants with moderate-to-severe pain, glucosamine combined with chondroitin sulfate provided significant pain relief compared with placebo."

According to the Journal of Athletic Training on Pubmed:

"Clinical studies indicate that glucosamine sulfate has been shown to be a safe and relatively effective treatment."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/glu...nt-glucosamine
    http://nccam.nih.gov/research/results/gait/qa.htm
    http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=155438
    if i run 4 times a week
    how much fish oil and glucoseamine shud i take and when?
    Team [E]xtreme

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if i run 4 times a week
    how much fish oil and glucoseamine shud i take and when?
    I run 5-6 times a week for about 35-40 miles. Currently training for a mini-marathon in early May. I have no joint pain. At 230lbs, that is saying something.....unless I just have good joints.....

I don't know what the optimal level for you would be, but I find taking 3 pills of fish oil twice a day and a dose and a half of the gluc\chond a day works well. I have heard of people taking twice or three times the level of fish oil that I take, but I am not sure upping the gluc\chond would do any good. Both are pretty cheap, if you shop around. The local drugstores run buy one get one sales about once a month. I can get a 6 month supply for around $30 for all.....just noticed you are in Britain, so that probably doesn't apply....
    Last edited by Hotmoltenlava; 03-21-2008 at 07:43 AM.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

Originally Posted by Hotmoltenlava View Post
    I run 5-6 times a week for about 35-40 miles. Currently training for a mini-marathon in early May. I have no joint pain. At 230lbs, that is saying something.....unless I just have good joints.....

I don't know what the optimal level for you would be, but I find taking 3 pills of fish oil twice a day and a dose and a half of the gluc\chond a day works well. I have heard of people taking twice or three times the level of fish oil that I take, but I am not sure upping the gluc\chond would do any good. Both are pretty cheap, if you shop around. The local drugstores run buy one get one sales about once a month. I can get a 6 month supply for around $30 for all.....just noticed you are in Britain, so that probably doesn't apply....

cool man. yeah i run alot too. i love running, its one of my specialties and i want to look after this speciality by taking stuff for my joints

these fish oils though, if i take one of them and one glucosamine before the run then maybe one fish oil later on in the day would that be okay still??

cos im taking enough supplements in a day as it is, i will prolly die of overdose with all the tablets im taking e.g. amino, l-carnatine, flaxseed as well
    Team [E]xtreme

Originally Posted by digitalgoodtime View Post
    in10city, do u use fish oil? If yes, how much per day? just curious...
    Yes... Right now I'm consuming ~ 1000mg EPA/DHA... I need to keep it on the low side now due to other supplements ...

When I said a "good amount of fish oil to reap the benefits", that was referring to theraputic benefits above and beyond general health benefits... which would be upwards and over 3-4+ grams EPA/DHA.

power515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

There's a few...

FISH OIL - that doesn't give you acid reflux, fish oil is a natural anti-
    inflammatory
    COLLAGEN - type II
    GLUCOSAMINE HCL - it's absorbed better than Glucosamine Sulfate

You can also experiment with CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS, Devil's Claw, Boswellin and Hyaluronic Acid.

Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah dont go mega dosing the fish oil, it can increase SHBG and suppress hormones like test :S i found out myself the hard way. took a few weeks to fix it.