Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking First Show Ever - Five Weeks Out !!!!!!

Morning All,

Looking for a little friendly help and some constructive criticism.

I am looking to compete on April 19/08 in a Natural Show - only 4 1/2 weeks away and I am nervous as hell - but in a good way !!!!!

I started my journey back in September 07 (about 6 months out from the show) when I set this goal for myself and I am so close now, I can taste it. I have been completely focused on this lifestyle and the show the past six months, it has been crazy. I wish I could have been this dedicated and determined my entire life !!!!! Can't wait !!!!!

When I started I was an out of shape 240lbs and about 25% BF. As of today I was 192 lbs and when I had my BF tested last week I was at 7% (weighed 195 at that time). Should also perhaps mention that I am 36, so I am not exactly a spring chicken at this game, but better late than never!!!! I am loving the lifestyle !!!!!!!

Regardless of how I do at the show I have still made incredible gains as far as I am concerned and am in the best shape of my life. I am still a little nervous about the show because I am a complete Novice at this, but I may have to compete in the Open Division, because it is a smaller show and they often lack enough Novice participants to put together a group. Oh well, such is life. I guess this is truly the best way to compare myself to the others. I know I won't be one of the biggest guy on stage, but hopefully I can come across as one of the most cut and I know my conditioning will be top notch. Then I can focus in the off-season about puttng on a bit more size. I'll be a light heavyweight by the show (175-190), hoping to come in about 185 or so. Awwww, who I am kidding, I am gonna kick ass - novice or not !!!!!!!......ha......lol....

It is getting down to crunch time and I am just looking for a little help and guidance to tweak me through these last few weeks and help keep me focused. I plan on starting a dailly progress journal here and hoping a few of you may tag along and provide some input as we go.

I have attached some progress pics which compare Feb 25 to March 8. That is 12 days ago and I have dropped about 5-6 lbs since then, so I am actually a little leaner than what the pics show - honest ;-) And my posing has definitely improved too.

I have also attached my current diet for review if anybody wants to take a look and provide some input. I am currently taking in about 2300 cal/day. Consists of 271 g/protein, 23 g/fat, and 246 g/carbs.

As far as my workouts are concerned I have been doing a lot of high intensity stuff, plenty of supersets and dropsets. Max one hour in the gym. Lifting 5x a week and doing cardio 6x a week (one hour power walk). Also been practice posing 30 minutes a day 5x a week for the last 2 weeks - just been working on my mandatories, but need to get on my routine ASAP. Just got my music together, so hoping to get on that this weekend.

I am fortunate enough to get my lifts in at lunch, so I will report back later this afternoon and let you know how my workout went. Legs today - can't wait !!!!! I get so psyched about getting to the gym, it is crazy!!!!

I did have a specific question for now. I wanted to get your opinion on the supplements I am taking and when I should be cutting them out, if at all before the show????

Currently using:

-ecdysterone (with breakfast and lunch)

-tongkat ali (pre breakfast and in afternoon)

- 7 Keto (pre breakfast and in afternoon)

- AAKG (with breakfast and pre workout)

- Vitargo (post workout)

- creatine (pre and post workout)

- glutamine (pre and post workout)

I just did some reading on creatine loading, where you stop taking it 4-5 weeks out and then load up on it 3-4 days before a show. Guess it is supposed to help draw the water out. Aybody tried this with any success????

I think I am done rambling for now ;-) Look forward to your constructive input and I'll report back this afternoon after my lift.

Thanks in advance.

Dammit !!!!! Able to attach my diet, but not the pics.........I am at the office and the pics I have here are too large a file - they are converted to Word and not JPEG's. I'll have to attach them when I get home tonight.
    Attached Files

tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where do you live and what competition are you doing?
    Proud to be fully sponsored by the best supplement company in the business. www.scivation.com

Contest prep log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113619521

It cannot possibly taste better than blue raspberry xtend!

Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am actually lucky enough to live in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. Lived here for about four years. From Toronto, Canada arae originally.

The show is the 2008 NATURAL CARIBBEAN GRAND PRIX CHAMPIONSHIPS. Its part of the INBF/WNBF circuit. Its a super pro qualifier, so should attract some good talent. Its only an hour flight from Miami, so its pretty close for a lot of southern guys and gals.

Quads are Screaming at Me

Just got back from my usual lunch break at the gym. Really great leg workout today. I know its a good leg day when I almost fall going down the stairs.....ha.......As I mentioned, doing a lot of supersets and dropsets.

Here's how the workout went:

SQUATS/CURLS/AB/LUNGE

Set 1:
    Squat 135 x15 (warm up)
    Leg Curls 7plates x15
    Crunch on Excercise Ball with 25lb plate x 40
    Reverse Lunge with 35 lb d-bells x 15 each leg

NO rest between each excercise, about 2-3 minutes between sets.

Set 2:
    Squat 225 x15
    Leg Curls 7plates x12
    Crunch on Excercise Ball with 25lb plate x 45
    Reverse Lunge with 40 lb d-bells x 15 each leg

Set 3:
    Squat 275 x8
    Leg Curls 7 plates x10
    Crunch on Excercise Ball with 25lb plate x 45
    Reverse Lunge with 40 lb d-bells x 15 each leg

Set 4:
    Squat 275 x 6, drop to 225 x 8, drop to 135 x 10
    Leg Curls 7 plates x10, drop to 5 plates x 6
    Crunch on Excercise Ball with 25lb plate x 40
    Reverse Lunge with 40 lb d-bells x 11 each leg

PRESS/CALF/DEADLIFT/AB/SIDE STEP

Set 1:

Leg Press 540 x 7, drop to 360 x 10, drop to 270 x 12
    Calf Ext on Press Machine 270 x 20
    Stiff Leg Deadlift 185 x 15
    Ab Pike on Excercise Ball x 30
    Side Step - 15 each side

NO rest between excercises

Set 2:

Leg Press 540 x 6, drop to 360 x 10, drop to 270 x 12
    Calf Ext on Press Machine 270 x 20
    Stiff Leg Deadlift 205 x 11
    Ab Pike on Excercise Ball x 30
    Side Step - 15 each side

LEG EXT./WALKING LUNGE

Set 1:

Leg Ext. 115 x 20
    Walking Lunge with 25 lb d-bells x 15 steps each leg

Set 2:

Leg Ext. 115 x 16
    Walking Lunge with 25 lb d-bells x 15 steps each leg

And that is all she wrote................left me gasping for breath and in a bit of a puddle in the changeroom. Had to take a seat on the bench for about 15 minutes before I could shower and get moving without fealing like I was gonna fall over......lol....................

Anyway, looking forward to some solid input on things. I will definitely get some pics up this weekend for some friendly critiquing. Have to get my cardio in tonight - one hour power walk and at least 30 minutes of posing. Need to somehow squeeze time in there for my two kids and wife. Lucky enough she is being very supportive about this new passion of mine.

Hope you guys enjoy the read and I'll touch base later.

Ciao.......................

Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by schulz2004 View Post
    I am actually lucky enough to live in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. Lived here for about four years. From Toronto, Canada arae originally.

The show is the 2008 NATURAL CARIBBEAN GRAND PRIX CHAMPIONSHIPS. Its part of the INBF/WNBF circuit. Its a super pro qualifier, so should attract some good talent. Its only an hour flight from Miami, so its pretty close for a lot of southern guys and gals.
    Wow, I want to compete in the Cayman Islands!

Post your pics if you get a chance.
    If this were easy, everyone would do it!

Morning All,

Hope everybody had a great weekend. Here in Cayman we get both the Friday and Monday off for Easter, so it is a true looooong weekend.

Sorry I haven't posted since last Thursday. Not quite the way I intended of starting this 'countdown' journal. My wireless modem at my house brokedown on Thursday night so I had no internet all weekend. Just able to get back to things at work this morning. Kinda odd how you feel when something like the internet is taken away from you. Take that internet for granted, for sure...........ha........

Anyway, took some pics Saturday night. I'll post them tomorrow guaranteed.

Had a two good workouts this weekend.

I took Friday off from lifting and just did a one hour walk and 45 minutes of posing. I really think my conditioning is going to be OK for the show, which is now only 4 weeks away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......Last four weeks is gonna fly by. Dropped another couple pounds and was down to 190 on Sunday. Reached the 50 lb mark in weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a rolly 240 lbs when I started last fall. It was short lived though, I was 192 yesterday and this morning. Must be holding some water.....lol........I like where my weight is at though for this being my first show. If I can drop another 5 lbs going into my last week and then a few more pounds of water on top of that, I should be good and ripped. Because this is my first show, I don;t know how my body is going to react when I start doing the carb loading and water loading at the end. Very much an experimental phase this time around. Anyway, feeling positive about things and the diet is going well. I have been pretty tight with it for nearly 6 months, so I haven't had to many isssues or concerns with any cheats. However, in saying that I can't wait til the show is done and have a nice cold beer and soem pizza!!!!! Haven't had a drink since New Years' Eve !!!!!! Only problem with that is with the weight loss, I seem to have lost some of my personality as well.....ha.....lol.......

CREATINE: This seems to be a bit of a hot topic right now. I actually just finished a jug on Saturday and decided that must be an omen for me to quite it all together as the show approaches. Four weeks out exactly, so figure I might as well go off it. First show, so I don't want to be experimenting with anything that may be cause me to hold any excess water. Would just rather go without it.

Anyway, as I said, I took Friday off from lifting, but got back to it Saturday. Here is how that went:

CHEST / BI's

Inc D-Bell / Inc Curls / Push ups / V-Twists w 25lb weight

Set 1

Inc D-Bell 60 x 15
    Inc Curl 35 x 15 each arm
    Push ups 30
    V-Twist 100 (50 each side)

NO REST BETWEEN EXCERCIES

Set 2

Inc D-Bell 70 x 8
    Inc Curl 40 x 9 each arm
    Push ups 25
    V-Twist 90 (45 each side)

Set 3

Inc D-Bell 70 x 6, drop to 50 x 5
    Inc Curl 40 x 7 each arm, drop to 30 x 7 each arm
    Push ups 20
    V-Twist 80 (40 each side)

Flat D-Bell / B-Bell Curl / Dec Crunch w 25lbs / Flat Fly

Set 1

Flat D-bell 60 x 10
    B-bell curl 80 x 10
    Dec Crunch 30
    Flat fly 35 x 10

NO REST BETWEEN EXCERCISES

Set 2

Flat D-bell 60 x 8
    B-bell curl 80 x 9
    Dec Crunch 25
    Flat fly 35 x 8

NO REST

Set 3

Flat D-bell 60 x 7, drop to 40 x 7
    B-bell curl 80 x 7, drop to 50 x 10
    Dec Crunch 25
    Flat fly 35 x 7

NO REST

After those two superset I was pretty much done, but I finished off with one last superset on cables just to get all those last fibres firing up. Did three sets on the cables; Cable Fly supreset with Single Arm Cable Curls - low weight, real concentration moves.

Capped that all off with 30 minutes on the bike. No posing today.

Got into the gym on Sunday as well for some BACK and TRI's. I went in early because the wife had planned all these Easter Egg hunts for the kids later in the day and I didn't want to miss that. I usuallu lift around noon, so it was a little rough going in for an early morning session, was a tad tired, but I managed through and had a good lift.

Set 1

B-bell Row / Single Arm Cable Row / Ab / Tri

B-Bell Row 135 x 15
    Single Arm Cable Row 10 plates x 12 each arm
    Crunch on Excercise Ball w 25lbs x 45
    Skull Crushers 90 x 12, straight to Tri Kick Outs w 25 lb d-bells x 15

NO REST

Set 2

B-Bell Row 135 x 15
    Single Arm Cable Row 9 plates x 12 each arm
    Crunch on Excercise Ball w 25lbs x 40
    Skull Crushers 90 x 10, straight to Tri Kick Outs w 25 lb d-bells x 12

NO REST

Set 3

B-Bell Row 135 x 12
    Single Arm Cable Row 9 plates x 12 each arm
    Crunch on Excercise Ball w 25lbs x 35
    Skull Crushers 90 x 8, straight to Tri Kick Outs w 25 lb d-bells x 12

CABLE PULL DOWN / TRI PUSH DOWN / D-BELL ROWS

Set 1

Cable Pull Down on knees 10 plates x 13
    Tri Push down with rope 10 plates x 14
    D-bell rows 50 x 12 each side

Set 2

Cable Pull Down on knees 11 plates x 11
    Tri Push down with rope 11 plates x 11
    D-bell rows 50 x 12 each side

Set 3

Cable Pull Down on knees 11 plates x 7, drop to 8 plates x 10
    Tri Push down with rope 11 plates x 8, drop to 8 plates x 8
    D-bell rows 50 x 10 each side

Was pretty much spent after that. Finished off with some side abs and soem seated calf raises - 3 sets of each. Didn't get in any cardio this day, unless you count chasing kids around a park looking for easter eggs cardio ;-) However, got in 30 minutes of posing.

As for Easter Monday - I took the day off lifting. My body was feeling pretty fatigued and tired all over. Went for an hour walk and did some posing though. I was able to get my hands on a DVD from a natural show in New York from 2005, so I just pretended I was one of the contenstants and went through the show with them and did the posing when the judge called for them. A lot different than just posing in front of a mirror by yourself. Think I will do that at least 2 - 3 times a week, along with my regular posing. Great for the conditioning and gives a newbie like me a better idea as to what to expect.

Anyway, back in the gym at noon today for some shoulders. I'll report back in after that. Think I have rambled long enough today already just trying to catch everybody up on what transpired over the weekend.

As always, appreciate any friendly input.

L8R...........

Originally Posted by Cgb6810 View Post
    Wow, I want to compete in the Cayman Islands!

Post your pics if you get a chance.
    They have a show here every Spring and it is quite good and pretty well organized. It is towards the end of tourist season as well, so the flights / hotels are a little cheaper. You can likely get direct flights on AA or Delta out of Michigan or you might have to do a stop in Miami. Only takes me 4 hours direct flight out of Toronto, so its not too bad. Alot of guys that come down from the US make a vacation out of it. They come a day or two before the show, then stay for a few days after to enjoy the beach, diving, etc.

And I'll get those pics up tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to some solid input.

Pics Have Arrived.......

As promised here are some pics for your friendly input and review.

The first two pics are the 'old me'. One was taken after I completed a one mile sea swim in June 07 - thought I was gonna die. I was floating around 240 lbs and 25% BF at that time. The next pic was taken in early November 07, after I had been at it for about 4 weeks. A little difference between the pics, but not too much. Then the most recent pics are from last Friday night - exactly 4 weeks out from my first show. I was at 195 lbs - about 7% bf, in those pics and have already dropped another 4 lbs. The scale keeps dipping and things are tightening up, so I am pretty happy where I currently stand. I think if I can drop another 4-5 pounds by the final week and then shed my water weight, I should be in good shape and ripped for the show - maybe come in around 180 or so. My first show, so I don't know how the body is gonna react in that last week. Think I am in a pretty good place for only having been training for 6 months - I know I won't be the biggest guy on stage, but if I can come in good and ripped - and I know my conditioning is top notch, I figure I can at least be somewhat competetive. I will be competing in the OPEN class, as opposed to the NOVICE, which concerns me a bit, but what the hell - only live once. They figure there won't be enough entrants to do a novice category, so rather that be the only one, I decided to move myself over to the OPen Category. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....I guess if I stayed in Novice though I might be the only entrant and I would be guaranteed to win....HA.........

Look forward to some input.....Thx guys....
    Attached Images

Few more pics

Here are a few extra pics. I will take some more on Friday and get them up over the weekend, assumng I can get my internet fixed at the house.................damn service providers........also, I'll report back in a bit about my workouts yesterday and today...............right now, hafta go do some work before the boss gets pissed at me..................
    Attached Images

Quick Update

Just got back from my lunch hour workout. Leg day......Good one today - almost fell down the stairs leaving the gym....ha.... Started out with hack squats - 4 sets. The last two sets were drop sets - killer!!!! Followed up by supersetting some deadlifts along with single leg presses and claf presses - 3 sets of that combo. Finally wrapped up with some leg extensions supersetted with hamstring curls and walking lunges. I was reduced to jelly !!!!!

Forgot to mention did some shoulders yesterday and squeezed in my one hour walk, along with about 30 minutes of posing last evening. Starting to get real comfortable with the mandatories. The muscle memory is really starting to kick in. Need to start practicng without the mirror a few times a week to fine tune things.

Going to start my routine tonight as well. Have my music picked already and it is edited down to 78 seconds. Have apretty good idea how it should flow; just need practice, practice and more practice. Its a slower piece that you would all recognize if you heard it. Guess it would be considered classical, but it has great tempo to it and these loud bass lines, which make it sorta dramatic. I don't have the moves to pull of some fast music or heavy metal routine.....lol.....

Three and a half weeks from the show and I am just jazzed !!!!! Cannot wait to get up there and do my thing. I also paid my registration fee today and booked my polygraph appointment, so it is a done deal !!!!!!! Time to rock and roll !!!!!

Just got in from my evening walk. Solid hour of cardio - really think it is gonna help with my conditioning come contest day. Only 3 1/2 weeks out, time is gonna fly. Gonna do a quick 20 minutes worth of posong and then hit the hay - a little fatigued. I find that I am a getting tired a lot more quickly as the contest draws nearer. I imagine it is due to pushing myself, but also the slight decrease in my calories. Need to listen to my body though and get some rest. I am gonna take tomorrow off from lifting and just do some cardio and much needed work on my routine. Think I am gonna start using a 2 on, 1 off approach to my lifting and see if that helps my body recoup any faster. Later.....

aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're doing well congrats and good luck for your show.Keep us updated

semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awesome transformation! Don't let up!
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

-Mediocrity is NOT an Option-

Thanks!!!!!!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for stopping by and checkingout my thread. Hoping that a few more will stop by with some words of encouragement and friendly advise from time to time.

Actually, just wondering - in these last few weeks leading up to a show is it 'normal' to feel so fatigued and tired???? Is that a common issue that any of you have experienced???????

I think since I have started cutting a few calories here and there I am just not recuperating as fast as I was awhile back and I am just plain tired and achey. I am trying to listen to my body and get adequate sleep and taking a bit more time off beteen lifts, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.......just tired !!!!!! Of course real life always tends to get in the way too..........two kids, work, chores around the house, etc., then try to squeeze in a lift, some cardio and some practice posing time - there are just never enough hours in the day...........ha.... oh, well - such is life !!!!!!

I was planning on taking the day off from lifting and just doing my cardio session, butthink I am gonna skip that today as well and just work on my routine tonight and practice my mandatories.

Dropped another few pounds - down to 190 now, so I feel ok missing todays cardio.

Anyway, gotta run fellas....thx again.........L8R....

TexFlex is just really nice. (+1000) TexFlex is just really nice. (+1000) TexFlex is just really nice. (+1000) TexFlex is just really nice. (+1000) TexFlex is just really nice. (+1000) TexFlex is just really nice. (+1000) TexFlex is just really nice. (+1000) TexFlex is just really nice. (+1000) TexFlex is just really nice. (+1000) TexFlex is just really nice. (+1000) TexFlex is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome progress man! Keep your eye on the prize.
    The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare.

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.- John 16:33

B.S., Exercise Sports Science - Texas State University

Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Guys,

Actually, just wondering - in these last few weeks leading up to a show is it 'normal' to feel so fatigued and tired???? Is that a common issue that any of you have experienced???????
    Yes, it's normal. You're in a calorie deficit and working your butt off. For me the last couple of weeks are horrible. I would suggest taking an energy drink or fat burner to help get you through the day. But for me, by 2 weeks out, I don't get much out of them since Ive been taking them throughout my prep.

At least you're getting closer!!!
    If this were easy, everyone would do it!

Originally Posted by Cgb6810 View Post
    Yes, it's normal. You're in a calorie deficit and working your butt off. For me the last couple of weeks are horrible. I would suggest taking an energy drink or fat burner to help get you through the day. But for me, by 2 weeks out, I don't get much out of them since Ive been taking them throughout my prep.

At least you're getting closer!!!
    Glad to hear its not just me then....ha.......misery loves company. Thanks for the feedback though, much appreciated. Since this is my first crack at this and I have never put my body through such an ordeal before, I don't know what to expect half the time. I figured it had to be due to the limited diet though. Right now I am consuming about 2500 calories a day......most days I am lifting, outting in an hour cardio and 20 - 30 minutes of quality, intense posing time - so it is all starting to take its toll. However, think my conditioning come show time will be top notch. I am almost at the stage where I am not countind down by weeks, but rather counting down by days - makes it seem that much closer - at 23 days now !!!!!!!

On a positive note, I took today off from lifting and I was just going to do my cardio, but decided to lay off of that as well and listen to my body and give it a rest. Instead I used my time to work on my routine. I had my music picked already - "Carmina Burana" - you would all recognize it if you heard it - some of you may have even used it in a show before - kind of a classical / opera type song with heavy dramatic drum beats. Anyway, in about an hour I was able to put together a fairly decent routine, hitting all the mandatories. I already have it commiited to memory. I just need to jazz it up a bit and work on my transitions from one move to the next. I feel great about what I accomplished tonight and it has really re-energized me. I was in a bit of a downer the past few days, but I think this will really lift me up and get me re-focused as I enter the home stretch to my contest. Knowing that I have a good blueprint to work from and 23 days to perfect it leaves me feally pretty good about things.

Crunch time...gotta get ready to rock ' n roll these last 23 days and stay on track.

Thanks again for the input guys....L8R.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why does everyone get glutes and hams, but me! LOL

Real good bro, first time around? You are definatly kicking ass, keep it going now. You are doing very well for yourself.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    Why does everyone get glutes and hams, but me! LOL

Real good bro, first time around? You are definatly kicking ass, keep it going now. You are doing very well for yourself.
    Ya, first kick at the cat. I guess I am a late bloomer....ha....better late than never though I guess. That is about my only regret, is that I wish I would have jumped on this lifestyle when I was a little younger. At 36 the changes are coming, but if I was 26 they might come that much quicker. Don't want it to sound like sour grapes - I am very happy in what I have accomplished thus far, I just can't wait to start pushing some mad weight like you and try to put on a bit more size in the off-season. In the mean time, gotta start somewhere and that somewhere is only 23 days away !!!!!!!

Thanks again....L8R.

FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ya, first kick at the cat. I guess I am a late bloomer....ha....better late than never though I guess. That is about my only regret, is that I wish I would have jumped on this lifestyle when I was a little younger. At 36 the changes are coming, but if I was 26 they might come that much quicker. Don't want it to sound like sour grapes - I am very happy in what I have accomplished thus far, I just can't wait to start pushing some mad weight like you and try to put on a bit more size in the off-season. In the mean time, gotta start somewhere and that somewhere is only 23 days away !!!!!!!

Thanks again....L8R.
    Trust me you are doing fine, and their is certainly a level of maturity and level-headedness that comes with dieting for a show. You have definatly put that to good use.

23 days! Grind it out!

Trust me you are doing fine, and their is certainly a level of maturity and level-headedness that comes with dieting for a show. You have definatly put that to good use.

23 days! Grind it out!
    Thanks Bro......much appreciated. I may not have the good size this first time around, but think I am gonna come in really cut and my conditioning is right on track, so hopefully that will draw some attention. Likely won't compete afterthis one for at leats 10 months, so hopefully be able to capitalize were I am at and put on some decent mass.

And I do agree with your comment......guess that maturirt comes at different times for different people...............I could never stayed at this level of dedication and discipline when I was younger - too busy trying to have fun;-)

Contest Day - pump up - how much?????

Had a great chest and bi workout today. Gave me an awesome pump - good vascularity throughout my chest and shoulders - wicked stuff. Will be posting some new progress pics tomorrow. Also just got back from my one hour walk and had a late dinner. Gonna try and squeeze in a quick 20 minutes worth of posing, but I am bagged. Don't know how effective it would be - might just hit the hay instead and start fresh tomorrow with some quality posing time and work on my routime some more.

POst workout today my chest looked huuuuuge. Got me wondering though about the 'contest day'. I worked my chest hard today and it looked great. On contest day, how much should I be working out my bodyparts so that they will show their best?????????????

I have heard it is good to pump up certain muscle groups, but not others. ie; warm up chest, bi's, delts and back - but not tri's or legs. Anybody have any insight on this?????????????

Can you 'over-pump' your muscles before a show???? Since my first show is only 22 day away, I just want to get a grip on how I need to approach contest day and what excercises and quantity may produce optimal show worthy muscles. I realize there is no set formula for this, but some experienced input would be great

Much appreciated guys...L8R..

I usually just pump up what ever is lacking, the weaker muscle groups. You can overpump certain muscles, and it makes it hard to flex them. Usually pushups, and lateral raises, along with posing backstage does it for me.

First time around you will just have to play it by ear a bit, you are going to learn so much.

Aaaaargh.................trying to post new pics, but having trouble resizing them so they fit. Hafta run and go meet a buddy to do some posing practice and work on my routine. Hopefully have the pics up by the end of the day.

L8R........

New Pics

As promised here are some new pics I took on Saturday. Was able to figure out how to resize them so they could be posted.

Not much of a difference from the week before - to be honest, not terribly happy with them, although my legs are more cut and defined. Having a rea bad spell of 'self doubt' these past few days. Need to break out of this slump and get back on the horse. Only 19 days to go now, time to suck it up and get 'er done!!!!!!

Spent some quality time working on my routine and mandatories on the weekend, so those are coming together nicely.

Energy levels are still a little low - can't wait to get pst these next 19 days and get some food back in me.

Took yesterday off from lifting and cardio, but did a good hour of posing. Time to get back to it today and work on all three. Shoulder day at the gym and I'll get my cardio and posing in tonight after the wife and kids have gone to bed. Never enough hours in the day and trying to juggle too many balls. Oh well, nobody said this was gonna be easy or else everybody be doing it.

Gotta run for now.................please give me some honest feedback on the pics as well if you have time.

Thanks fellas.....L8R..
    Attached Images

I usually just pump up what ever is lacking, the weaker muscle groups. You can overpump certain muscles, and it makes it hard to flex them. Usually pushups, and lateral raises, along with posing backstage does it for me.

First time around you will just have to play it by ear a bit, you are going to learn so much.
    Have learned plenty already..............but still need to learn sooooo much more. When I started this journey last September, I had no idea what I was getting into or exactly how 'scientific' this whole process is..............what a learning curve.........very challenging mentally and physically, no doubt!!! But all very wort it, for sure .....................L8R.

Hey Gang,

Just thought I would drop a quick note and let you all know about my progress.

Exactly 17 days out from show #1...............can't wait, get goosebumps thinking about it.

Was in a bit of a slump over the weekend - little bit of self doubt creeping in. Had to grab that by the neck right away, kick its ass and toss it to the curb...............feeling much better today....lol....

Had a good leg workout on Monday - almost fell going down the stairs when I was leaving...ha....and decent delt workout yesterday. I was a little fatigued, so the strength wasn't quite there. Taking today off from lifting but will get in my one hour walk and hour of posing later tonight. Can't miss any days of cardio at this point. Just recently read some good stuff on HIIT and think I may try that after this show - the low intesnity cardio has been working for me thus far, so gonna stick with that until after the show.

Would love to hear some feedback on those of you using HIIT though.

My routine is going well - have my moves committed to memory and the timing is getting tighter with the music. Just really need to fine tune it at this point - practice, practice practice!!!!! Can't wait to hit the stage and bust out that routine - hopefully it will be enjoyed by the crowd.

Anyway, gotta run guys.....L8R.

12 days out - new pics posted !!!

Well, here we are, only 12 days out.

Attached some pics from yesterday. Feeling good and the posing and routine are coming along nicely.

Did my BF yesterday as well and was 5.6%. Was hoping to be a little lower at this point, but have to make the best of where I am at.

I am doing HIIT cardio 6x a week - about 25 minutes worth. Should I be ramping that up and maybe look at doing double cardio sessions these last 12 days to try and get that BF lower???????????? Was thinking a walk in the morning and HIIT in the evening or vice versa???

Thoughts??? Or is it too late to make a significany difference.?????

Thanks.
    Attached Images

lilmac7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmac7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmac7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmac7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmac7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmac7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Easy there Diesel! LOL We're soon there! I haven't been on the forums in forever man! Nice transformation, don't think I met you as yet when you were up that heavy. Work has been a b!tch with trying to get my rutine stuff together, I'm gonna try go over my bro's tonight to finish up my music then it'll be some serious work for me to get it all together but thankfully I have some days off next week to cram some rutine practicing down! Best of luck to us! And I know of at least 2 Cayman people I want you to destroy up there! I'll fill you in @ posing on Sunday...

shankuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shankuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shankuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shankuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shankuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shankuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shankuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shankuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shankuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shankuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shankuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lilmac7 View Post
    Easy there Diesel! LOL We're soon there! I haven't been on the forums in forever man! Nice transformation, don't think I met you as yet when you were up that heavy. Work has been a b!tch with trying to get my rutine stuff together, I'm gonna try go over my bro's tonight to finish up my music then it'll be some serious work for me to get it all together but thankfully I have some days off next week to cram some rutine practicing down! Best of luck to us! And I know of at least 2 Cayman people I want you to destroy up there! I'll fill you in @ posing on Sunday...

Best of luck to you BOTH! Hey Skulz.....CRAZY TRANSFORMATION!!! It takes plenty work but you've done well. I should have been making the trip over there for competition myself but had some setbacks and so i opted not to! So good luck to you! Some of my Jamaican friends are coming over there to try and whoop ya'll asses (that's what they say anyway...) so go easy eh!

Just a couple more days to go and the ANXIETY can eat away at ya like there's no 2morrow but HANG in there! Hope your 1st time is memorable...I'll be looking out!

Peace
    Nothing Great in the world has been accomplished without passion!