www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

How to make a delicious stir-fry*PICS INCLUDED* (From a REAL Chinese guy!)

The keys to a delicious stir-fry:

Fresh ingredients! I cannot stress this point enough. Frozen/canned veggies just cannot compare. If you used canned veggies don't complain to me when your stir-fry has the consistency of mush.

Variety! Get some color in there. Greens, reds, yellows. Use lots of different colored veggies.

Slice your meat thin. The thinner you slice your meat the more tender and the more surface area it will have. More surface area equals more area for spices to stick to... which equals more flavor.

Garlic! Peppers! Don't like them? F**K YOU! Haha kidding, but even if you think you don't like garlic and/or peppers... try it once. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Don't use instant rice!!!!!!!!!!! There is a huge difference in taste between instant rice and the real stuff, just like there is a huge difference between frozen/canned veggies and fresh.

Use peanut or sesame oil**. There's just something about the kind of oil you use that gives it an authentic flare. Probably because real Asians cook with peanut and sesame oil, not canola or olive.

**Heating up the sesame oil makes it lose a lot of its flavor. I forgot about this. It's much more flavorful to use peanut oil to do the actual cooking, and then dash on some sesame oil when it's all cooked.

Have everything cut up and ready to go before you start to cook ANYTHING. Don't try to cut veggies while you're cooking your meat. This kind of multi-tasking leads to many a burnt meal.(it's depressing, don't do it)

So here's the general outline for cooking a delicious stir-fry...

1) Slice up your meat. I like to use pork, but any kind of meat will work. Slice them as thing as you can. Put it in a bowl and spice it up! Throw on salt, red pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, whatever you like. Really rub it into the meat.

Put the meat in a bowl and set aside for now.

2) Cut up all of your veggies that you'll use. Put it on a plate and set aside.

3) Add 2-3 tablespoons of peanut or sesame oil. Heat up your skillet on high. If you have a wok you're pretty awesome, and probably don't need to be reading this guide.

4) When the skillet is hot throw in the meat. Stir it constantly until it's a nice golden brown. Throw in a little dash of soy sauce if you like. Remove the meat on to another plate.

5) Now throw in some more oil and toss in your veggies. Put in the veggies that take the longest to cook first(broccoli, potatoes, etc.). Cook those for a little bit then throw in the stuff that takes less time to cook(peppers, onions, cabbage).

Knowing how long things take to cook just takes a bit of experience. It won't hurt too much to throw everything in at once, but if you cook the veggies too long they will get soggy. We don't like soggy veggies.

Constantly stir the veggies and sprinkle some salt on the veggies periodically as you stir-fry them. Again, this just comes with experience, but try to take it off the heat when they're nice and crisp.

6) ***Throw your garlic and hot peppers in now. Also add in the meat you removed earlier back to the skillet. Cook for 30 seconds to one minute and then remove from the heat.

***Note, if you don't like the heat of peppers or garlic, put them in when you first start cooking your veggies. The longer you cook peppers and garlic, the less kick they have. I love the kick so I barely cook them at all.

If you have a hot date I wouldn't advise putting in too much garlic. Unless they're into that kinda thing

7) Now just dish out your rice on to a plate, top with the delicious stir-fry, and gorge yourself!

That's what I made tonight. The ingredients were:

1 - Large Red Bell Pepper
    1 - Bunch of Broccoli
    3 - Sereno peppers(HOT!)
    1 - Medium onion
    1/4th of a ... thing... of garlic
    10oz - Pork Tenderloin

A couple tablespoons of sesame oil
    Some soy sauce
    Some stir-fry sauce (sorry I don't measure these things, I just eye-ball it...)

And I cooked a bit over one cup of rice dry. Which ended up being about 120g of carbs.

Overall this is a extremely healthy meal. Very delicious. Very easy. All of this took about 45 minutes. The ingredients cost maybe $5-7 total. The really expensive thing was the pork tenderloin. This was somewhat of a more special meal, I felt like making something realllllly good. All in all very worth it. I wouldn't do this every meal, but every once in a while when you get tired of all the diet food something like this is a great alternative to going out.

Also, without the rice this becomes a great low-carb yet delicious and filling meal.
    Last edited by AntiGlobalist; 03-19-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel
    http://www.TheHealthyGamer.com

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good thread

AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    Good thread
    Thank you sir.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks delicious.

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm saving this for later. BTW, what type of stir-fry sauce did you use? and do yu really put potatoes in it too?

Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I'm saving this for later. BTW, what type of stir-fry sauce did you use? and do yu really put potatoes in it too?
    I just use Kikkoman stir-fry sauce from Wal-Mart. There's a lot of different kinds, just depends on what flavor you want to get out of it. I like schezwan because it's got a nice spicy kick to it.

Yeah you can stir-fry potatoes. I sometimes cut up a few potatoes and stir-fry it with the other veggies and it'll be my main source of carbs instead of rice.

Oh and don't over-do it with the sauce. Add a little and see what it tastes like. If you don't think it's enough add a little more. You can always add more remember, but you can't remove it once it's in there.

I know when I first started cooking I'd just drown it in soy sauce and stir-fry sauce, and that's all I'd taste... You want to be able to taste the veggie's natural flavors.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice work

Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turtle_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Great thread! I love stir-frys, going to put some of these tips to good use.

Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome man. I usually put seasame oil last as a seasoning almost, I love the taste!

Originally Posted by Dracoy View Post
    Awesome man. I usually put seasame oil last as a seasoning almost, I love the taste!
    That's a good point!

Heating up the sesame oil makes it lose a lot of its flavor. I forgot about this. It's much more flavorful to use peanut oil to do the actual cooking, and then dash on some sesame oil when it's all cooked.

Good tip!
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

Originally Posted by Mr.Hombre View Post
    nice work
    Originally Posted by Turtle_Titan View Post
    Great thread! I love stir-frys, going to put some of these tips to good use.
    Thanks, glad you found it helpful
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love stir fry. I make it with beef strips, mini bell peppers and broccoli and spicy stir fry sauce or with chicken, snow peas, baby carrots and baby sweet corn and spicy stir fry sauce.

biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good recipe. I love stir fry. When I don't have time for fresh veggies, I use frozen. A lot of the nutritional value of fresh veggies, but the convenience of canned.
    Because somewhere out there, a girl is warming up with your max.

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

No, I will not post/send you nudes. No, you may not PIITB, PIITV or PIITM. Find someone else to sexually harass.

Originally Posted by Jim_Gym View Post
    I love stir fry. I make it with beef strips, mini bell peppers and broccoli and spicy stir fry sauce or with chicken, snow peas, baby carrots and baby sweet corn and spicy stir fry sauce.
    Sounds good!

Originally Posted by biochick View Post
    Good recipe. I love stir fry. When I don't have time for fresh veggies, I use frozen. A lot of the nutritional value of fresh veggies, but the convenience of canned.
    Yep I normally use frozen. So much more convenient... but you just can't beat fresh when it comes to flavor
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My two tips for good stir-fry.

1) Get the wok FREAKING HOT. This means use peanut oil and have it on max heat until the oil is really smoking. This is how you get that great flavor from your meats and veggies.

2) Stay away from nasty storebought sauces. 98% of them aren't very good. Better to start with some soy sauce and make your own- add some ginger, sesame oil, garlic, sake/sherry, sugar, corn starch, etc.
    No sir, I don't like it.

gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    shrimp>chicken>beef as meats added to your instructions...looks fuggn bomb!!!
    "virgins aren't always better"
    -Me

gamertag: gixxer751

Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    My two tips for good stir-fry.

1) Get the wok FREAKING HOT. This means use peanut oil and have it on max heat until the oil is really smoking. This is how you get that great flavor from your meats and veggies.

2) Stay away from nasty storebought sauces. 98% of them aren't very good. Better to start with some soy sauce and make your own- add some ginger, sesame oil, garlic, sake/sherry, sugar, corn starch, etc.
    Good points.

Having really hot oil makes the veggies really fresh and crisp and does infuse the ingredients with more flavor. If the oil isn't really hot you might end up with more of a boiled/steamed dish then a fried dish.

Originally Posted by gixxer_751 View Post
    shrimp>chicken>beef as meats added to your instructions...looks fuggn bomb!!!
    Pork > all
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gixxer_751 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AntiGlobalist View Post
    Good points.

Having really hot oil makes the veggies really fresh and crisp and does infuse the ingredients with more flavor. If the oil isn't really hot you might end up with more of a boiled/steamed dish then a fried dish.

Pork > all
    never tried, but will indeed
    "virgins aren't always better"
    -Me

gamertag: gixxer751

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't believe that you are really chinese...you don't have an Avi.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.