Closed Thread
    DracoMalfoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DracoMalfoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DracoMalfoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DracoMalfoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DracoMalfoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DracoMalfoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DracoMalfoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DracoMalfoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DracoMalfoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Weight Lifting Makes Me Really Angry And Pissed; Why?

I posted the same thread in Teen Bodybuilding. That was a mistake. Friggin' teenagers....

Anyhoo...

For the past few months, I've been experiencing anger and rage when I weight lift and work out.

For some inexplicable reason, about 15 minutes after I begin to work out, I suddenly go into a really bad and angry mood. Everything pisses me off. I feel violent tendencies I've never felt before. And I wanna beat the crap outta everyone who gets in my way.

And it unfortunately shows on my face. Everyone kinda avoids me in the gym because I look so damn pissed. Even the guys bigger than me.

I'm not ordinarily an angry person so I'm very confused as to why weightlifting leads to such angry moods.

The only pro about these moods is that it boosts my gains.

The only possible theory I have is that the increased testosterone that comes about during my workouts somehow gives birth to anger in my mind.

Is it my body, supplements that could be the cause?

Or is it something psychological and in need of medical attention?

Thanks for any advice and responses!

Joelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DracoMalfoy View Post
    Or is it something psychological and in need of medical attention?
    Yep, I think your are probably just nuts...

tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lifting causes increased testosterone levels. Increased testosterone levels cause increased violent tendencies. As every body is different, everyones testosterone levels vary as well as the bodys response to it. It sounds to me (and by looking at your age) that you have plenty already circulating and lifting is increasing it.

Don't fret though. Just as a body develops a tolerance to alcohol it will also build a tolerance to this as well, it will just take time and mental training. In the meantime however, keep a level head and focus your decisions and mood conciously toward the better end of the spectrum.

Testosterone or not, your life is impacted purely by your choices.
    Ever hear that old saying? "Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." you can try appliying that philosophy to your life. It will make a huge difference in your overall outlook.

tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Try boosting estrogen levels to offset your excess testosterone:

-Switch to soy protein
    -Consume more alcohol
    -Only use the squat rack for curls

fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Testosterone levels DO NOT increase violent behaviors!! That's by choice....many homicide defenses have counted on this myth and failed. The aggression may come from a combination of testosterone, cortisol, estrogen, and most importantly....epinephrine (adrenalin). These can be increased thru either psychological or physiological stress. Only you and a counselor will be able to find the root cause.

GDA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GDA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GDA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GDA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GDA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GDA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GDA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GDA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GDA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GDA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GDA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i feel great when in the gym ... no matter how much the rest of the day sucked.

when i come home after 4 hours of classes, 8 hours of work, 2 hours of lifting, and find the house a mess and my girlfriend on the couch i want to throw her through the ****ing wall, but that's another issue all togeather.

CandyJunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CandyJunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CandyJunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CandyJunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CandyJunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CandyJunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CandyJunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CandyJunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CandyJunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CandyJunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CandyJunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm more of a cardio bunny but when I lift thats the time I use the B***H Factor. This is when you don't focus on getting to the next rep and how heavy the bar is, this is the time your thinking "That dumb *** B***H how dare she pull some S*** like that" get upset, get MAD but don't hold it in or else it will just come out eventually when it won't be for your gain.

Originally Posted by tmac4919 View Post
    -Consume more alcohol
    Even though your serious that made me laugh.
    When I'm in a rock band, I'm gonna do a cool, mellow song. Then in the middle I'll stop, announce "This part is just to be an ******* to people playing Guitar Hero," and then fail wildly on the strings for 30 seconds

Miscer Black Ops - Code Name Junkie

timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tackett View Post
    Increased testosterone levels cause increased violent tendencies.
    Nope. Anger and depression have been observed in males with low testosterone levels. High testosterone causing violence is a myth.

fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by timeformegaman View Post
    Nope. Anger and depression have been observed in males with low testosterone levels. High testosterone causing violence is a myth.
    B-I-N-G-O
    Factual response....repped

Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I get angry but I put it into the muscle, not outside.

Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dont know about you guys but I am so friggin tired after lifting anger would be too much effort.

tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Beerguy View Post
    I dont know about you guys but I am so friggin tired after lifting anger would be too much effort.
    agreed, sleep is better than anger. lol
    Dream in light-years,
    Challenge miles,
    Walk, step by step

"I did basic 3x5 workout and got good strength and size gains, so now I'm doing high volume"-Anon

Beginners:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112574351

Bango's Arnold/Park thread:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112649251

itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    While I was using NaNO Vapor i had this same effect. I would get in this mood once the pump hit and I would be seriously focused and almost mad at the weight. I'd say you're more in the zone then anything else and you just seem pissed. Just try and tune into it and use it against the weight. I think you're complaining about something that could be very beneficial to you.

Unless this rage causes you to do stupid things or it's from a Supp you're taking, I'd say you're blessed. God knows, sometime it is so hard to get psyched up for my workout and you get in there and feel the need to beat something up. Smash some weights! Throw the weights around!

The second I walk through the door at the gym, my iPod goes into my ears and my tunnel vision comes on and I zone up. I don't see people. I don't say hello. I go there to get big, not make friends. I have friends come up to me all the time, "hey why didn't you say hello?" I don't mean to be rude. HAHA. I just didn't see you. The only time I introduce myself is after a good spot, slap hands, move on.

I'd say it's a blessing. Unless you can't control it, then see a psych.

tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Please site your sources for this information because I can currently site about 15 journal articles from reliable sources including the American medical journal reviewed and endorsed by many psycho****tic experts that support a PROVEN correlation between young males and testosterone levels and irritability and agreession. I can't copy/paste on my iPhone or I would put those articles up. Will do so tommorrow. A simple "agression and testosterone" google search will give you the articles,
    youll have to sift through the crap as usual though.

I do agree however that personal choice is the ultimate fate decider.
    Last edited by tackett; 03-20-2008 at 09:04 PM.

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sometimes the weights look at me funny... and it makes me FURRRIOUS!!!

Seriously, if weight lifting honestly makes you angry then STOP! Learn something new! Anger isn't healthy and there are other styles of training. Hell, try Crossfit, or Oly lifting, or still-ring training, or boxing! Put your well-being first.

Why? Who cares why... ask Frued, maybe you saw somebody killed by a barbell at a young age. It doesn't matter! Change the behavior!
    Last edited by bango skank; 03-20-2008 at 09:05 PM.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

Montaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Montaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Montaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Montaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Montaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Montaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Montaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Montaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Montaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Montaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Montaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Possibly, if you have repressed anger and have been beaten up in the past or pushed around and/or have low confidence, while working out and lifting hard can in a way release some of this repressed anger you have and in a way that makes you feel untouchable? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Montaya; 03-20-2008 at 09:56 PM.

There have been many case studies on this subject, and though the case studies have (as mentioned above) shown a direct correlation between increased anger/aggressive tendencies in adolescent in early post-pubescent males and high testosterone levels, there is little physiologic evidence. Just because there is no physiologic evidence that we can interprete doesnt mean necessarily that the hundreds of case studies are incorrect.

http://www.psycho****ticmedicine.org...tract/42/2/253
    http://www.medicine.mcgill.ca/mjm/v0...32/v06p032.pdf
    http://www.psycho****ticmedicine.org...t/42/2/253.pdf
    http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neur...b1/csante.html

does this mean that just because you have high testosterone levels you will actually loose control and haul off and hit someone. no. But it DOES mean that if you are in the percentage of people whose testosterone causes them to be in a poor mood and irritable (which judging by your post isnt a far leap) then you will have a more difficult time dealing with emotions that some other people may not have to deal with.

So as said before, choices are all that matter.

Think of people who has a huge family history of diabetes. There is sufficent evidence that disease processes are familial and people with large amounts of familiy members affected by a disease are more likely to get it themselves. NOW these same people can CHOOSE to eat right and exercise, staying away from simple sugars and not gorgeing themselves on reeses pieces, and never be affected by a hereditary tendency, OR they can live like pigs and chow down all of the sweets they see and probably more likely to contract the disease.

See? Choices.

I also never said it CAUSED violence. It causes violent TENDENCIES.

timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeformegaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tackett View Post
    I also never said it CAUSED violence. It causes violent TENDENCIES.
    None of your articles say anything definitive about human violent tendencies. They simply state aggression. Two of your sources refer to teenagers, but with the entire hormonal profile of a teenager beginning to change at that age, testosterone cannot simply be pointed at for behaviorisms (although it usually is). One of your links even says there is a lack of evidence of high test causing aggression in humans. Besides, you stacked the deck for you results simply by your google search phrase.

http://www.duj.com/Article/Hellstrom2/Hellstrom2.html

Look under benefits of testosterone therapy.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

Look under treatment and self care for male depression.

Speaks for itself.

I tried linking some pdf files that are alittle more scientific, but I am at work, and the computer isn't opening them for whatever reason. There is definetly more to be found on the subject matter though. The old thought process regarding testosterone was that males are more aggressive, and males have more testosterone, so there must be a link. Although this idea has not been dismissed, it has definetly been more criticized in modern medicine. Just like most things in life, there are a lot of shades of gray involved in biologically processes.

None of your articles say anything definitive about human violent tendencies. They simply state aggression. Two of your sources refer to teenagers, but with the entire hormonal profile of a teenager beginning to change at that age, testosterone cannot simply be pointed at for behaviorisms (although it usually is). One of your links even says there is a lack of evidence of high test causing aggression in humans. Besides, you stacked the deck for you results simply by your google search phrase.

http://www.duj.com/Article/Hellstrom2/Hellstrom2.html

Look under benefits of testosterone therapy.

Look under treatment and self care for male depression.

Speaks for itself.

I tried linking some pdf files that are alittle more scientific, but I am at work, and the computer isn't opening them for whatever reason. There is definetly more to be found on the subject matter though. The old thought process regarding testosterone was that males are more aggressive, and males have more testosterone, so there must be a link. Although this idea has not been dismissed, it has definetly been more criticized in modern medicine. Just like most things in life, there are a lot of shades of gray involved in biologically processes.
    Thanks for the sources buddy. I will read those when I am off work. You can find supporting evidence for both theories depending on where you look. I like being wrong and having my opinions changed. Post those PDF files if you get the chance.

HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tmac4919 View Post
    Try boosting estrogen levels to offset your excess testosterone:

-Switch to soy protein
    -Consume more alcohol
    -Only use the squat rack for curls
    lol, repped.

Originally Posted by CandyJunkie View Post
    Even though your serious that made me laugh.
    I'm pretty sure he was joking...

Pinkarisa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Same here

I have only been lifting a few months. I'm a girl and I'm 36. I usually walk 5 or 6 miles with my dogs b4 I go to the gym. I have the same thing happening, disput what should be a sunny disposition from my leisurely stroll. I get really upset for a few hours during and after weight training. I'm close to tears each time. I wanna punch someone in the face. Then after a few hours it subsides so I honestly don't know wtf!!!

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Probably because you're missing lifts.
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

scampi83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get this sometimes and I reckon, but can't prove, that its to do with blood sugar.

I don't know anything about weights or nutrition or fitness. I'm a total noob. But I enjoy it most of the time!

What does everybody else think?

RenReeves is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am not sure where people are getting there info. Testosterone does cause aggressive feeling and tendencies. How we act on that is our choice of course. It is a proven medical, biological fact that testosterone is responsible in part for agression. Case closed. Lay off the muscle milk and read a damn book