stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Contest prep with STEROIDS

Can we have two sepperate topics, with and without steroids? I get really excited when I see progress just to reallize later the guy is on steroids.

getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i know those guys that do roids just take a magic pill and the next day they wake up and they are bigger and 5-7 pounds leaner.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why would you want to further segregate both sides? Its bad enough 99 percent of the world has no idea what I go through in a contest prep, why narrow that down some more.

On mondays I go to a straight "juicer" gym, and they all no I am prepping for a contest, all very supportive. Shoot quite often they even load the plates for me without me even asking. This is a brotherhood bro, juice or not dieting is freaking hard!

Much respect for ANYONE who loves this sport enough diet down and hit the stage.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    \
    Much respect for ANYONE who loves this sport enough diet down and hit the stage.
    I hear you and have at least as much respect for people as they have for themselves.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

BigTymePlayer25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTymePlayer25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTymePlayer25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTymePlayer25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTymePlayer25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTymePlayer25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTymePlayer25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTymePlayer25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTymePlayer25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTymePlayer25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTymePlayer25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    Why would you want to further segregate both sides? Its bad enough 99 percent of the world has no idea what I go through in a contest prep, why narrow that down some more.

On mondays I go to a straight "juicer" gym, and they all no I am prepping for a contest, all very supportive. Shoot quite often they even load the plates for me without me even asking. This is a brotherhood bro, juice or not dieting is freaking hard!

GREAT POST BRO....juice or not....it takes BALLS TO GET YOUR ASS ONSTAGE....its also one of the most rewarding feelings of my life...after going thru 16wks of hell to stand up there and show off the hard work

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)

years spent training like a pro,..just a big waste

I am 42yrs. old and have been lifting starting at a young age. When I first started I would read the FLEX Mags, or Weider principals, I would consume the weight gain powder, desecrated liver tabs, and raw amino acids advertised in these mags. I would then follow the intense workouts the masters did and try to eat like them. with all this info I felt in a few years i could get the size,...well I was missing one important piece of information that could have saved me time and money,..The fact that steroids played a big part in their training. no where in these mags did the mention of steroids was such a big factor. I was led to believe just heavy eating, good dieting skills and buying the bogus products was all that was being used. I did get bigger, but it eventually led to overtraining, and confusion in proper ways to train. I felt really misled. If they would have stated steroids played a big factor, I would have made different choices in my training. Thats about it,...so I wish in here people who want to give information about anything wether it be training tips, contest prep etc. explain wether they also use steroids to get to that point. I dont take roids and hate having to read a great article on sopmeones progress only to find out they are pumping a huge cycle of stacked roids. It's just a waste of time!

1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stayfit2008 View Post
    I am 42yrs. old and have been lifting starting at a young age. When I first started I would read the FLEX Mags, or Weider principals, I would consume the weight gain powder, desecrated liver tabs, and raw amino acids advertised in these mags. I would then follow the intense workouts the masters did and try to eat like them. with all this info I felt in a few years i could get the size,...well I was missing one important piece of information that could have saved me time and money,..The fact that steroids played a big part in their training. no where in these mags did the mention of steroids was such a big factor. I was led to believe just heavy eating, good dieting skills and buying the bogus products was all that was being used. I did get bigger, but it eventually led to overtraining, and confusion in proper ways to train. I felt really misled. If they would have stated steroids played a big factor, I would have made different choices in my training. Thats about it,...so I wish in here people who want to give information about anything wether it be training tips, contest prep etc. explain wether they also use steroids to get to that point. I dont take roids and hate having to read a great article on sopmeones progress only to find out they are pumping a huge cycle of stacked roids. It's just a waste of time!

U mad???
    MAR 05 320 LBS

AUG 05 226.5 LBS

GOAL DEC 05 200LBS

1 week away
    currently 175.5 lbs

Actually not anymore, but I was when I would get sick from overtraining and injury.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I understand completly. BUT, one thing that you're not recognizing is the widely accepted truth that all those guys in the mags would have been there anyway - with or without the drugs.

My cousin was a former national level competitor back in the early 80's with the AAU (which later became NPC). He took the drugs but only after he already developed an amazing physique. The point is: the progress that you're reading about in logs IS real progress, albeit amplified slightly with the use of drugs in a few isolated cases.

I've read logs on the steriod forum and have been dissapointed!! A guy pinning Test and a bunch of other **** and doesn't look anywhere near as good as naturals here do.

Don't loose hope. The drugs will not create a great athlete; they will only make a great athlete a little big better.

I'm not condoning drugs here. Personally, I've never done AAS and probably never will. I also think that the true natural deserves the most respect. But, the AAS use should be put in perspective, esspecially for the younger crowd who tend to see it as an easy way, which is anything but true.

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have to agree here...I read a lot of books and mags and followed routines way to advanced for me when I was young. Now that I have the guidance of a Natural Pro...Layne Norton...I have finally found my niche and made great progress. I wouldn't change anything I have done but it would just be nice if the 100% truth were out there. We all know it takes hard work and discipline no matter what you do.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Another thing that kinda gets my goat are pro bodybuilders pushing an over the counter product. I think this is really deceptive to all the young guys out there.

I apologize if I am coming off a little gruff but I really feel there is a lot of misguidance maybe not intentionally but never the less still misguidance. I'm not saying post every mag with a consumer warning like cigarettes but it would be nice to include maybe a small disclaimer like "some results may be assisted with the use of performance enhancing drugs like steroids"

Another thing that kinda gets my goat are pro bodybuilders pushing an over the counter product. I think this is really deceptive to all the young guys out there.

I apologize if I am coming off a little gruff but I really feel there is a lot of misguidance maybe not intentionally but never the less still misguidance. I'm not saying post every mag with a consumer warning like cigarettes but it would be nice to include maybe a small disclaimer like "some results may be assisted with the use of performance enhancing drugs like steroids"
    That's true! I love seeing a picture of Jay Cutler stading there in contest condition holding a tin of some super delux who knows what being pushed by GNC....

Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dexter Jackson

Don't now how many of you watched the Arnold Classic but when Arnold was interviewing Dexter he was like "oh well I only train for an hour a day" Arnold in shock said we used to train 5 hours a day how do you do it? Only for Dexter to respond "hydroxycut". This to the general public only further promotes that supplements make the body not diet and training. Pretty sure the video is on this sight if anyones interested.
    No Excuses

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    don't hate because you got ****ty genetics and look like ****

plenty of naturals look awesome
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MattyH7688 View Post

Haha, that's funny! That's why when I go to the gym to workout and I'm pissed about my genetics, I wear my Controlled Labs F*ck Genetics T-shirt. Really gets me fired up!!!

mxsprocket1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mxsprocket1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mxsprocket1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mxsprocket1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mxsprocket1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mxsprocket1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mxsprocket1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mxsprocket1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mxsprocket1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mxsprocket1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mxsprocket1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MattyH7688 View Post

That was a little harsh

1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Actually not anymore, but I was when I would get sick from overtraining and injury.
    why were you over training??? how was you diet??? were you eating 5-6K calories a day
    MAR 05 320 LBS

AUG 05 226.5 LBS

GOAL DEC 05 200LBS

1 week away
    currently 175.5 lbs

hahaha,...well, I think I look pretty good,

But thats besides the point,..I just think as a teenager and in my early 20's I could have approached lifting a different way other than what I was reading in the mags at the time. I was overtraining because at the time the only info I could find on BB were only in those mags. I had old school gym teachers and wrestling coaches who would say no more than 100g of protein was all our bodies could take and anything extra would be pissed out. Those workouts in the mags at that time were huge and intense, up to three hours sometimes. I did get initial gains but doing twelve sets of bench and then 4 more excercises for chest with close to the same set range became too much for someone without the use of steroids. I began to overtrain without realizing it and would not gain and sometimes become counter productive. only when BB became more popular in the mid to late eighties and with the creation of suuplemental creatine and honest workouts did I realize how to properly train.

Dont miss my main point here, I am only disappointed in the way it was conveyed and still am to an extent,...I would rather see a natural bodybuilder promote something rather than a multiple time pro champion,..same as in any other sport, football, baseball, basketball,..etc. something that can be achievable for us natural lifters. I found what I need to do to BB, its just the younger generation,..without the proper advice and knowledge they could make similar time wasting mistakes.

MassFreak2063 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MassFreak2063 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MassFreak2063 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MassFreak2063 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MassFreak2063 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MassFreak2063 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MassFreak2063 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MassFreak2063 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MassFreak2063 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MassFreak2063 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MassFreak2063 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Can we have two sepperate topics, with and without steroids? I get really excited when I see progress just to reallize later the guy is on steroids.
    Originally Posted by getbig32 View Post
    i know those guys that do roids just take a magic pill and the next day they wake up and they are bigger and 5-7 pounds leaner.
    i assume you two morons must be kidding......

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Should read MD mags instead, they're more honest than Weider.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

training

btw, great physique on everyone,..natural and enhanced,...personally I am aprox. 24 weeks out til my second BB comp. good luck to all!

FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I see why your frustrations, and I am sorry to hear that you were misguided.

Though personally when I look at those generic routines in Flex magazine I don't see how I could ever overtrain. If anything they are just simply to generic, and have little reason behind them. I used to use generic routines, and it was not until I started working everything twice a week, often using 50 sets a week on my legs that I finally started making the progress I wanted. It was not until I started using overreaching principees, meaning that during certain phases I would "overtrain" on purpose, and then deload.

Since I am a natural bodybuilder, I can do the whole simply stimulate the muscle, I need to POUND them until they have no choice, but to grow.

If anything many of these magazines are purely ads that suggest that supplemetation is a much bigger piece of the whole pie than it actually is. The training and nutrition for the most part is just fluff, that is too generic and perhaps only usefull for someone who has only been lifting for a few years.

Again you wasted your time, but you have come to the right places to fix all that.

Thumbs up Thanks for the understanding...

I'm actually talking about the older issues, (showing my age here),..like the early 80's,...oh well, its behind me and I am always learning.

My first competition back in 1989 was pretty solid, 4% body fat, I lost too much size for the comp. but came in 5th overall!

I know what mistakes I made and decided at age 42 am ready to hit the stage as a master and hope to keep more muscle. I dont think I would have made this step without the bodybuilding .com website.

All in all, this site rocks!

couple pics back in 89

kinda grainy.
    Attached Images

Thumbs up

For a guy that was mislead you did pretty well!

Thanks FLEX

my delts were a little flat,..been working on them this time,...20 yrs later,..lol
    Attached Images

getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes that was called a joke