brb... lifting :D Midnight_Lifter's Avatar
    Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Midnight_Lifter's Cognitive Nutrition Sponsored centrophenoxine log

I have been taking Centrophenoxine for the past week or so and wanted to get a mini log/review posted to share some things I am noticing as well as get some feedback and ideas on how to tweak the dosing for maximum results.

A little background (and disclosure):
    First -- I am a Cognitive Nutrition board rep, but I intend to run this as an impartial log (as best as possible lol? I became a rep after having used the products and therefore like them). In other words, I will run the log as if I had no affiliation with the company whatsoever.

As for my background with nootropics, I have used piracetam, aniracetam, and oxiracetam recently, and have used other products with various nootroics in them such as SNS Focus XT as well as some pre-workout blends and fatburners with vinpocetine and Hup-A for example.

I originally wanted to incorporate CPX into my supplement regimen as a choline donor to the -racetams, but that did not come together as planned. So, I'm running this solo and will likely add idebenone as soon as I get my order shipped.
    One other aspect of CPX that I am extremely interested in is the anti-aging/longevity effects. For more on this side of CPX and my quest for the Fountain of Youth, follow my longevity log at the Cognitive Nutrition forum* (and wherever else it finds a home... not being a bb-focused log, I probably won't keep it here). I will, however, comment on these things in this log as they are an important part of why I am giving CPX a test-run and would recommend it to others... more to follow on SOD and catalase in future posts.

Product write-up:
    Originally Posted by http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/centrophenoxine.html
    Enhanced & Unique Physical And Cognitive Properties!

Centrophenoxine (2-dimethylaminoethyl ester of p-chlorophenoxyacetic acid) is a form of plant growth hormone (PGH) bonded to DMAE ester. While it shares many of the properties of DMAE and PGH, Centrophenoxine has enhanced & unique physical and cognitive properties.
    Neurochemical Effects

* Effects Serotonin, Noradrenaline, Dopamine levels
    * Potentiates Acetylcholine Release
    * Increases the consolidation of new information into long-term memory
    * Boosts SOD levels
    * Raises Phospholipid turnover
    * Enhances Synaptogenesis
    * Supports physical strength

A few key goals for this log are bolded above... and will be commented on throughout this log.
    I have some specific things to talk about on the "Cerebrocellular Health Support" aspects of centrophenoxine for this log and hope to make it both a research project and lively discussion for the duration of this log.

Drop in often and let me know what you think!

* As the CN forum is a private forum, I have begged five nominations to the forum from Steve for participants and contributors to this log. No guarantees that anyone I recommend will be granted access to the forum, but I will be looking for some great minds to invite to our board as well.

Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So, for the first couple of days I took two 500 mg caps, then brought it up to three caps for another two days, all doses taken with food, mostly at mid-day or afternoon.
    On the fifth day I actually took two three-cap doses (one late morning and one with dinner), then took three on the next day.
    The next two days I took four caps mid-day with lunch.

I can say that I think the first two days were pretty much un-eventful. I didn't notice much at all, and didn't really notice anything specific on the other days, either. From my experience with other nootropics, it's all in retrospect that I notice what's been effective or that I notice any effects for concentration, focus, memory, recollection, etc.

What have I noticed this past week?
    - Relaxed and more centered. This is to be expected as one of the neurochemical effects is to effect serotonin, noradrenaline, and dopamine levels. Even in the face of sheer and utter craziness and other stress on the work and home front, I notice I have still been even-keel lol...

- heightened sense of alertness (somewhat). CPX is supposed to raise mental energy, and I think I have been experiencing that somewhat. Hard to say it's all the centrophenoxine, but I have felt more focused and more "on" this past week. Plus, I scored better in everything on my daughter's Brain Age 2 game this week :P

I will have to report back on the memory consolidation and recall when I wrap up this log, but I did notice that several times this past week I actually had a lapse in immediate short-term memory for some reason. (As in having to ask myself if I just did what I just did, and check it... not with critical things, but with crap like 'Did I hang up the towel or just leave it on the counter?' or 'I meant to put that in the recycle bin, did I?') I noticed this when I was immediately doing something else, like filling the coffee pot when wondering about the towel or stuff like that.

Today I only took two caps at lunch and am about to take two more before bed to see if that has any effect on sleep, dreams, dream recall in the morning, or anything else interesting to report.

I'm using caps right now but am considering powder in the future as I believe I am going to run an extended period on 1,500-2,000 mg/day... anyone with experience with the powder centro?

Right after I wrote about taking those two caps last night I took them and got them stuck halfway down -- HOLY ESO****AL TRAUMA BATMAN!
    Anyone who pops pills like candy has had that happen with everything from herbals (always interesting to smell/taste) to fish oil caps (uh, yeah...), so you know what I'm talking about. However, with the centro, this sht burns like some of the worst acid reflux or heartburn I can imagine. I slowly ate a half a banana and had to also eat a small bowl of raisin bran while also drinking water to try to wash it down/clear my eso****us. (I felt like a stoner with a bad case of the munchies and only relatively healthy food to eat!)

I went to bed to 'sleep it off' and still felt it this morning and at lunch today. (Even had to have a hot chocolate mid-afternoon to see if that would soothe it any... lol...)

The funny crap I do to try to make my log more interesting... I guess I won't be taking this stuff in bulk form without capping it first!

I took two caps after lunch and will take two more before a late dinner tonight. I've been pretty with it today mentally and seem to be remembering stuff I've read over the past week pretty well. So far I'm liking CPX... I'll have to order a larger bottle if I'm taking this at 2g/day tho... the 60 cap bottle won't last long at that rate.

More tonight or tomorrow...

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Midnight_Lifter View Post
    So, for the first couple of days I took two 500 mg caps, then brought it up to three caps for another two days, all doses taken with food, mostly at mid-day or afternoon.
    On the fifth day I actually took two three-cap doses (one late morning and one with dinner), then took three on the next day.
    The next two days I took four caps mid-day with lunch.

I can say that I think the first two days were pretty much un-eventful. I didn't notice much at all, and didn't really notice anything specific on the other days, either. From my experience with other nootropics, it's all in retrospect that I notice what's been effective or that I notice any effects for concentration, focus, memory, recollection, etc.

What have I noticed this past week?
    - Relaxed and more centered. This is to be expected as one of the neurochemical effects is to effect serotonin, noradrenaline, and dopamine levels. Even in the face of sheer and utter craziness and other stress on the work and home front, I notice I have still been even-keel lol...

- heightened sense of alertness (somewhat). CPX is supposed to raise mental energy, and I think I have been experiencing that somewhat. Hard to say it's all the centrophenoxine, but I have felt more focused and more "on" this past week. Plus, I scored better in everything on my daughter's Brain Age 2 game this week :P

I will have to report back on the memory consolidation and recall when I wrap up this log, but I did notice that several times this past week I actually had a lapse in immediate short-term memory for some reason. (As in having to ask myself if I just did what I just did, and check it... not with critical things, but with crap like 'Did I hang up the towel or just leave it on the counter?' or 'I meant to put that in the recycle bin, did I?') I noticed this when I was immediately doing something else, like filling the coffee pot when wondering about the towel or stuff like that.

Today I only took two caps at lunch and am about to take two more before bed to see if that has any effect on sleep, dreams, dream recall in the morning, or anything else interesting to report.

I'm using caps right now but am considering powder in the future as I believe I am going to run an extended period on 1,500-2,000 mg/day... anyone with experience with the powder centro?
    The powder is alittle difficult to use but can be capped. I usually notice an effect from 1-2 grams (2-4 caps) at once.

Great log btw!!
    Last edited by CognitiveNutrition; 03-19-2008 at 01:40 PM.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

Thanks, Steve.

So far today I've taken my first 1,000 mg and am continuing to look for signs of how the centrophenoxine is working. No adverse reactions, no problems to note.

I'll take 1,500 mg shortly then gotta run out for the evening.
    Steve - is it better to take CPX with fats or just with food in general?

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Midnight_Lifter View Post
    Thanks, Steve.

So far today I've taken my first 1,000 mg and am continuing to look for signs of how the centrophenoxine is working. No adverse reactions, no problems to note.

I'll take 1,500 mg shortly then gotta run out for the evening.
    Steve - is it better to take CPX with fats or just with food in general?
    I think a snack or light meal is fine.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

Two more down the hatch...

Keeping up with the 2x2 dosing... 2000 mg per day in 2 divided doses.

Update and conversation to follow. Anyone else who has used Centrophenoxine in the past want to chime in at all in the meantime?

Thanks... lol...

Same 2x2 dosing today, coming to the end of this bottle soon and will be re-ordering.

In looking back on this week, I can say that I have been more restful adn I feel that my sleep has been deeper. I can't say that I've been getting MORE sleep, but I do feel the sleep I have been getting has been more 'proidutiove' in terms of rest.
    The "long" term memory consolidation is something I would have to give more time than just a couple of weeks, but I can say the immediate short-term memory "glitch" I mentioned early on in this log did not persist, and in fact I feel my immediate short term memory and recollection has improved (enough so that I was surprised by it one afternoon).

One of the reasons I am extremely interested in centrophenoxine is for its effects on long-term health, which I plan to visit shortly (most likely not tonight). CPX is credited with increasing phospholipid turnover as well as effecting production of two important anti-oxidant enzymes, SOD and catalase. More on this shortly as it is likely to be a backbone to my longevity and health supplement regimen in the near future.

But for now -- Kind of a mini-contest for one of the members-only forum invitations:

Post your experiences with Centrophenoxine (stand-alone or in combination with other supplements or nootropics), why you started taking it, what it did for you, did it meet your expectations, anything surprising, etc.
    If you can post your dosing protocol, that would be great as well...

Depending upon how quickly comments are left, I will try to nominate one person by the end of this log...

Happy Easter everyone...

2 caps in the am, gonna do 3 now with a light snack and maybe be back tonight.

Just a few caps left so I'll be wrapping this up shortly.
    Did 2 + 3 caps yesterday to see how things went...

Back to 2 + 2 today (because that's all I have left!)

nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    great log so far man. are you currently working out on a daily basis, because I would love to see how your dosing may affect physical strength, which is one of it's properties.
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3338131

nrk - great question, and that's one of the things I would love to report on long-term.
    I think that one has got to be added to my "revisit in three or six months" list.

In the short time I've run this log, I can't say I've noticed much, but I also have not had a consistent workout schedule, either. I hit delts a couple of times and tried to use yard work as a workout (more than cardio, lots of legs and shoulders...). (Delts were hit with actual weights... lol...)

I will probably be placing an order in the next week or so with centro and a bunch of other stuff... It will be a week or so without the centro, so I'll also be able to report on NOT having any for a period of time. Damn, I hope it doesn't screw with my memory as I have a couple of client presentations this week... that would suck trying to explain!

nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    good stuff man.

and you'll be fine with memory on those presentations, don't sweat it.
    My Journal:

OK - It's been a couple of days off the centrophenoxine and I have nothing to report in terms of withdrawal in any way or anything like that. In fact, my Brain Age 2 scores have continued to increase... lol...
    Workout today was brief, but strong.

It was not my intention to only run this for a very short time, so I will definitely be revisiting this in a much more robust log featuring several cognitive, health, and performance-focused supplements, including CPX. I will most likely be picking up a capping system and bulk CPX and running this for some time.

I will get up a recap review shortly -- hopefully by that time I'll have my thoughts together for comment as well.

im not 100% sure, but my thoughts are that the effects may hang around for a bit, being that it imrpoves overal cognition and memory. it may start to taper the longer you are off of it, but i think initially, you should still reap the benefits of the dosing.
    My Journal:

Oh I agree 100% -- it's not so much an active thing as a build up and experience it kind of thing. (at least for me)

There's no energy boost, trippy hallucinations, etc with centro or the racetams... no intense period of increased concentration or whatever... and I would expect the 'results' of a clearer and stronger mind to last for weeks or months (or be permanent!) as a result of better memory consolidation, increased neuroprotection, the health benefits from the SOD boost, etc.

Just thought I'd clarify my earlier post somewhat.