feelthevibe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) feelthevibe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) feelthevibe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Best Diet and Workout to lose 60-70 pounds in 4 months

Hey people i need some advice on losing 60-70 pounds in about 4 months. Im currently 5'7 (170cm) @ 260 pounds with about 40% BF. I need to lose this amount of weight by Mid to Late June, i am going to very commited but i do not want to use any fat burners. I just got a gym membership and im very motivated now. Could someone give me a type of diet and workout regime that would be geared towards this goal. Im looking to maximized fat loss and minimized muscle loss and keep my strength as well. Im hoping to have this down tonight so i can start first thing tommorow morning.

Elwood83 is just really nice. (+1000) Elwood83 is just really nice. (+1000) Elwood83 is just really nice. (+1000) Elwood83 is just really nice. (+1000) Elwood83 is just really nice. (+1000) Elwood83 is just really nice. (+1000) Elwood83 is just really nice. (+1000) Elwood83 is just really nice. (+1000) Elwood83 is just really nice. (+1000) Elwood83 is just really nice. (+1000) Elwood83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by feelthevibe View Post
    Hey people i need some advice on losing 60-70 pounds in about 4 months. Im currently 5'7 (170cm) @ 260 pounds with about 40% BF. I need to lose this amount of weight by Mid to Late June, i am going to very commited but i do not want to use any fat burners. I just got a gym membership and im very motivated now. Could someone give me a type of diet and workout regime that would be geared towards this goal. Im looking to maximized fat loss and minimized muscle loss and keep my strength as well. Im hoping to have this down tonight so i can start first thing tommorow morning.
    It would be unhealthy to lose that much weight in that short a time frame. IIRC, max recommended weight loss is 2 lbs per week which is roughly half of what you are looking to do
    Embrace sacrifice...Embrace pain.

Current Stack:
    Creatine Mono
    ON 100% Whey
    Intrabolic
    Ultra Peptide 2.0
    Sportpharma Multi-V
    Fish Oil

tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey man,
    i will give you maybe 40 lbs safely in 4 months but 60-70 is unrealistic and not really safe. a sound nutrition program along with hitting the weights hard should give you the results your looking for. make some short term goals as well. but be patient and remember you didnt get to your bf% in 4 months so dont look to lose it in the same time. good luck.

feelthevibe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) feelthevibe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) feelthevibe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ok so if you give about 40 pounds safely then what diet and workout program would best suite for this type of goal?

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    anorexia
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

The foods that trigger ketosis are high in carbs, not sugars - michaeldude

tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tabdus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey buddy check out this thread to give you a idea of what to cut out.http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=81315 . how many meals are you eating now? because basically you will need to consume 5-6 meals a day. you can check out the workout forums for ideas on a w/o plan. if you need a suggestion after that , pm me.

Registered User noodlejoodle578's Avatar
    noodlejoodle578 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlejoodle578 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlejoodle578 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlejoodle578 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlejoodle578 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlejoodle578 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlejoodle578 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlejoodle578 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlejoodle578 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlejoodle578 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlejoodle578 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you don't know where to begin, start with some reading.

Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle is a very good eBook.

Commit to a healthy lifestyle. Give it enough time, and you will get there. Good luck.

Mod Hated My Prev Title b.spencer's Avatar
    b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by vh7742 View Post
    If you don't know where to begin, start with some reading.

Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle is a very good eBook.
    x^2

My diet was (and still is) based around BFFM. I swear by it.

And to the above posters who talk about 2 lbs per week max. That's not quite true. The actual rule of thumb is it is safe to lose 1% of bodyweight per week.

For most people in the "normal" range of weight, that is between 1.5-2 lbs per week. But, if you are very obese (like I was) several recent studies have shown that you can lose much more weight than 2 lbs per week safely.

A safe rate of loss is person specific. I personally lost weight at the rate the OP wants (15-20 pounds per month.) My body handled it well with very little lost muscle mass mass. But I was also super-morbidly obese when I started losing weight. There are not that many people who can handle that kind of rate as I was able to. My particular too much point was 26 lbs in a month. After that, I purposefully slowed my rate of loss to 15 lbs per month, and was very comfortable until I finished my cut.
    Last edited by b.spencer; 03-17-2008 at 05:26 PM.
    "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble; they will fall. But, in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." Jor-El
    ---
    Kris Gethin's Body By Design, pg. 43/44 (Yes, that s me)

Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I strongly suggest reading the ebooks sticked in Derek's contest prep section. They are a brilliant read.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you need some ideas for workouts and nutrition, check out my journal. I've dropped almost 50 pounds in under five months with great increases in strength and even gaining some muscle my first few months. I have not lost any muscle since then.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by b.spencer View Post

My diet was (and still is) based around BFFM. I swear by it.

What is BFFM ? Thanks

b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Irish Fan View Post
    What is BFFM ? Thanks
    BFFM = Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto

I really like Derek's books, too, and they are free. His diet structure is very similar to Tom's.
    "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble; they will fall. But, in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." Jor-El
    ---

diamondcut89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you lose that much weight in such a short time, you will have excess skin. you don't want that.

Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Irish Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Derek? Where can I find them?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Irish Fan View Post
    Derek? Where can I find them?

Thanks
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71
    ---