Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working Out....and trying to stay committed to it. Looking for helpful Advice.

Well I guess I will finally bite the bullet and try to do this again. Hopefully this will help me out. I have read the stories about how a guy challenged himself online to workout and get fit again. So why not try it.

I have tried several times, started workout for a short time and then stopped for whatever reason. Got out of routine, time, schedule, too tired all to it tomorrow.... whatever. This time I want to do it so I can get back into shape. This way I can feel and look good. Plus set an example for my athletes that I coach.

I will update my workout programs on here and I would love to get feedback from lots of people with much more experience than me. Soon I will post some pics for progress. My goal for now is to lose weight and get into shape to reduce the body fat. Also really start to watch and get specific about my diet. I know diet is very important, but I don't eat that bad anyways.

For now my workouts are posted on my workout tracker and I would love to get some feedback from people.

Thank you very much. Hope to hear from and start chatting to people really soon.

-Budge
    Last edited by Budge; 03-17-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: correct mistake
    Do or Do Not! There is no try!

Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Budge View Post
    Well I guess I will finally bite the bullet and try to do this again. Hopefully this will help me out. I have read the stories about how a guy challenged himself online to workout and get fit again. So why not try it.

I have tried several times, started workout for a short time and then stopped for whatever reason. Got out of routine, time, schedule, too tired all to it tomorrow.... whatever. This time I want to do it so I can get back into shape. This way I can feel and look good. Plus set an example for my athletes that I coach.

I will update my workout programs on here and I would love to get feedback from lots of people with much more experience than me. Soon I will post some pics for progress. My goal for now is to lose weight and get into shape to reduce the body fat. Also really start to watch and get specific about my diet. I know diet is very important, but I don't eat that bad anyways.

For now my workouts are posted on my blogs and I would love to get some feedback from people.

Thank you very much. Hope to hear from and start chatting to people really soon.

-Budge
    I'm motivated by how much better I feel physically and mentally from working out. Seeing your body transform from flabbiness to hard muscle is all the motivation I needed. Having some vanity about yourself always helps. The hard part is getting past those first few weeks after just starting, so set a somewhat short term goal, and don't let anything get in the way of it! Good luck.

PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    I agree, set some short term goals that you can accomplish in a couple weeks, that will get you motivated to keep going. Sometimes people take pictures of themselves and put them in areas where they frequent to remind them to stay in shape or not each fatty foods.

skinny ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinny ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

For now my workouts are posted on my blogs and I would love to get some feedback from people.

-Budge
    iam in the same boat as you but iam trying to gain weight and if I didn't see reults I would stop and start again. this time I have to stay commited.

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You might have more luck if you post your journal in the Workout Journal section, and not the Workout Program section.

Delaware_Dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delaware_Dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delaware_Dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delaware_Dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delaware_Dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delaware_Dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delaware_Dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delaware_Dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delaware_Dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delaware_Dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delaware_Dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

-Budge
    Nice going Budge.. Way to come and take the plunge!! Be sure to visit bb.com often.. I always come on , get advice, search for nutrition tips, new exercises and just general help from all the members here...

I argee.. Short term goals are best.. However, remember to have those goals be realistic.. I had the hardest time with that.. I wanted to gain 5 lbs of pure muscle in a few weeks, up my weights by 10 lbs in the same time, etc and it wasn't attainable..

Also I've learned to take pics at the start, weigh yourself, etc and THEN after 2 weeks, do the same.. It's hard to see the changes day by day..

The single biggest thing that will impact your training will be eating... You can train your @ss off, 5 days a week, and blow it all away with not eating enough, eating right, etc... 95% of the time, if you are training hard and nothing is happening, it's your nutrition...

Best of luck man... Stick with it and if you feel like you want to give up.. Come back on line and post.. You'll be amazed with the support and motivation on here....

DD

fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree with all the above. I would also add, make your workouts something you look forward. Challenging, but not so hard you dread doing them. As a Div I Highschool Football Head Football coach, I know it means a lot to the kids when you set the example. They will buy into your system based on that alone.

gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you notice yourself having a hard time it may prove beneficial to get a SERIOUS workout partner- this is NOT somebody for you to hangout and talk to, but rather somebody to help push you harder and hold you accountable (likewise you would provide the same for him).

If you don't have any friends to bring along around your level, sometimes getting a personal trainer can help. In the very least they are holding you accountable, and i'm sure they will push you hard. Likewise, they may introduce some new training methods.

Of course trainers can be highly problematic if you get the wrong one. Just be sure if you consider going this route, talking to a few at your gym and "interviewing" them to find the one who best fits your style.

Remember, trainers are not just for the out of shape individual. Even professional BBers from time to time, employ them...

... damn, I really sounded like a sales guy with that last one.
    Last edited by gischer; 03-17-2008 at 01:32 PM.

Steel Bending Fiend cyberpunkwriter's Avatar
    cyberpunkwriter is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyberpunkwriter is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyberpunkwriter is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyberpunkwriter is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyberpunkwriter is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyberpunkwriter is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyberpunkwriter is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyberpunkwriter is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyberpunkwriter is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyberpunkwriter is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyberpunkwriter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I definitely think having everything online and seeing everyone else on a forum working out helps. I was off and on for about eight years and have become recomitted fairly recently.
    MattC.

20 rep squats ftw

~Big Dawg Crew~

Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you to everyone who has posted something here. I will stay on top of things, I will also be posting my workouts on here instead of my profile. I will also be getting some pics on here soon to help as well.

I hope some or all of you will keep in touch to give me some feed back on what you see or don't see. I am hoping to also build a network of frioends on here to talk to and gather info from on here.

Thanks again. Keep in touch.

Arrow Workout #1

This was my first workout. I am interested in hearing some comments and opinions about it to help me out. As I do them I do make more notes to help me along and keep track of what I do.

Date: Mar 3, 2008
    Name: Work out #1
    Start Time: 10:30 AM
    End Time: 11:00 AM
    Duration: 0:30
    Mood: Energized and Ready!
    Notes: My first Workout. Again trying to stay disaplined enough to keep to a schedule.

Exercise
    Incline Dumbell Press.......Set 1 / 50lbs / 7 reps...... Set #2 / 60lbs / 7 reps
    Bent Over Barbell Row.....Set 1 / 100lbs x 7 reps .... Set 2 / 120lbs x 7 reps
    ** Alternate sets of above 2 exercises

Dumbbell Bench Press..... Set 1 / 60lbs x 10 reps .... Set 2 / 80lbs x 10 reps
    Seated Cable Rows........ Set 1 / 120lbs x 10 reps ... Set 2 / 160lbs x 10 reps
    ** Alternate sets of above 2 exercises
    ** Increase weight of above 2 exercises

Bench Dips ................. Set 1 / 12 reps ............... Set 2 / 12 reps

Tricep Pushdown ......... Set 1 / 60lbs x 8 reps ...... Set 2 / 70lbs x 8 reps
    Hammer Curls ............. Set 1 / 60lbs x 10 reps ..... Set 2 / 70lbs x 10 reps
    ** Alternate sets ov above 2 exercises
    ** Lower weight of Triceps Pushdown
    ** Increase Weight for Hammer Curls

Cardio Workout

Date: Mar 4, 2008
    Name: Cardio
    Start Time: 10:00 AM
    End Time: 10:30 AM

Cardio Workout

30 min on Elliptical Trainer

tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    regarding motivation, set goals. but you have to want this BADLY and be prepared to work hard at it long term. its the toughest sport in the world, its 24 hours a day, you're aching, your eating food that you probably don't even like when your not even hungry, you go to gym when you'd rather be at home, you push yourself when you want to take it easy and give in. but you don't give in, you don't give in because sticking with it makes you special, it makes you proud to look at yourself in the mirror and think of the pain and suffering you've been through. and you know that 9 out of ten people can't hack it, they wish they could, but they cant, they want the muscle but they don't want to work for it, lazy ordinary people who make excuses for failure. we all have 24 hours in a day and other **** that we could be doing but we chose to suffer because we****ing love it, and wouldn't have it any other way. Good luck this time fella.
    Dream in light-years,
    Challenge miles,
    Walk, step by step

"I did basic 3x5 workout and got good strength and size gains, so now I'm doing high volume"-Anon

Beginners:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112574351

Bango's Arnold/Park thread:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112649251

Workout 2

Date: Mar 5, 2008
    Name: Workout 2
    Start Time: 08:00 PM
    End Time: 08:45 PM
    Duration: 0:45
    Mood: Normal - Not Great But Not Bad
    Notes: Found I had to push myself to get started tonight

Exercise

Squat ................ Set 1 - 120lbs x 12 ............... Set 2 - 160lbs x 12
    ** Increase Weight

Split Squat ......... Set 1 - 10 reps .................... Set 2 - 10 Reps

Single Leg Calf Raise (Weighted) Set 1 - 30 lbs x 10 ... Set 2 - 35lbs x 10

Reverse Crunch ... Set 1 - 12 reps ................... Set 2 - 12 reps

Swiss Ball Side Crunch .... Set 1 - 20 reps ......... Set 2 - 20 reps

Cardio Day

Date: Mar 6, 2008
    Name: Cardio
    Start Time: 10:30 AM
    End Time: 11:00 AM

Cardio Workout

30 min on Elliptical Trainer

Workout 3

Date: Mar 7, 2008
    Name: Workout #3
    Start Time: 12:00 PM
    End Time: 12:30 PM
    Notes: Trying a 3rd phase of a workout. This is to keep the workouts different enough that I know I hit each body part without repeating the same exercise all the time. This should focus on using more muscle without a plateau too soon in my future.

Seated Dumbell Press .......... Set 1 - 45lbs x 7 ........ Set 2 - 50lbs x 7
    Underhand Cable Pulldowns.. Set 1 - 100lbs x 10 ..... Set 2 - 130lbs x 10
    ** Alternate Sets with above exercises
    ** Increase weight with Pulldowns

Seated Barbell Military Press .. Set 1 - 90lbs x 7 ....... Set 2 - 100lbs x 7
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown .......... Set 1 - 100lbs x 10 ... Set 2 - 130lbs x 10
    ** Alternate Sets with above 2 exercises
    ** Increase weight with both exercises

Arnold Dumbbell Press .......... Set 1 - 45lbs x 10 ..... Set 2 - 45lbs x 10
    Lying Stiff-Arm pulldown ....... Set 1 - 45lbs x 10 ..... Set 2 - 45lbs x 10
    ** Increase weight for second Set of each exercise

Dumbbell 1 Arm Triceps Extension .. Set 1 - 30lbs x 8 ...... Set 2 - 35lbs x 8
    Standing Dumbbell Curl ................ Set 1 - 50lbs x 10 ..... Set 2 - 60lbs x 10
    ** Increase weight with Dumbbell Curl

Workout 4

Date: Mar 11, 2008
    Name: Workout #4
    Start Time: 11:15 AM
    End Time: 11:45 AM
    Mood: Tired
    Notes: I am battling the cold and flu this week

Exercise
    Romanian Deadlift ......... Set 1 - 160lbs x 10 ..... Set 2 - 200lbs x 10
    ** Increase weight

Dumbbell Shrug ............ Set 1 - 30lbs x 15 ....... Set 2 - 50lbs x 15
    ** Increase weight

Swiss Ball Crunch ......... 2 sets of 15 reps

Seated Russian Twist .... 2 sets of 15 reps (used Swiss ball as weight)

Routine #1

Returning to working out after going away for March Break. Long lay-off and actually feeling guilty about not working out.

Date: Mar 17, 2008
    Name: Workout 1
    Start Time: 11:30 AM
    End Time: 12:15 PM
    Duration: 0:45
    Notes: Repeating this workout routine from before. Make changes to weight. Evaluate exercises to see if changes are needed.

Incline Dumbbell Press ....... Set 1 - 120lbs x 12 ..... Set 2 - 140lbs x 10
    Bent Over Barbell Row ....... Set 1 - 120lbs x 12 ..... Set 2 - 140lbs x 10
    ** Alternated Sets
    ** need to increase weight with above 2 exercises

Dumbbell Bench Press ....... Set 1 - 70lbs x 10 ....... Set 2 - 80lbs x 9
    Seated Cable Row ............ Set 1 - 140lbs x 10 ..... Set 2 - 160lbs x 10
    ** Alternated Sets with above 2 exercises

Triceps Pushdown ............ Set 1 - 80lbs x 10 ....... Set 2 - 100lbs x 2
    Standing Bicep Curl .......... Set 1 - 40lbs x 10 ....... Set 2 - 50lbs x 10
    ** Alternate Sets for above 2 exercises
    ** Lower weight for Triceps Pushdown
    ** Increase weight for Bicep Curl - Change to a different exercise so not repeat with Routine #3