Page 97 of 103 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 3061
    RollinSwollin28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RollinSwollin28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RollinSwollin28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RollinSwollin28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RollinSwollin28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RollinSwollin28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RollinSwollin28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RollinSwollin28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RollinSwollin28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RollinSwollin28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RollinSwollin28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Idontlikeit View Post
    Very excited to see how far Palmer will take this team. Just got into fantasy this year as well and I scoop up D. Moore one day before his primetime show. Big smile on my face to say the least.

Lets see how Hue will run this show, he been making some crazy calls imo.
    really looking forward to seeing what this team can do once Mcfadden gets healthy

OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    huge win yesterday!! It's looking good right now for a playoff berth, but the team still has a long way to go. They looked very impressive, but San Diego looked horrible. Let's see if they can do that against a team with a decent offensive line....(Minnesota is a huge test...they're better than their record)

OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OCguy999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Broncos hopefully beat KC today....9 wins is all it will take for the division I think

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol nobody posted about the Raiders-Vikings game

Forever Cuttin' =/ MikeHoncho636's Avatar
    MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000)
    These penalties are killing us. Where is the discipline?

robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000)
    penalties and injuries are our 2 worst enemies right now. if we can fix those we'd be pretty damn good
    ♦ Bay Area Crew ♦

leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MikeHoncho636 View Post
    These penalties are killing us. Where is the discipline?

You mean fake non existent penalties.

Forever Cuttin' =/ MikeHoncho636's Avatar
    MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    You mean fake non existent penalties.
    yeah but most of them are legit calls. Just dumb mistakes from our players. We are being called a dumb team. Ouch..

GiantMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) GiantMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) GiantMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) GiantMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) GiantMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) GiantMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) GiantMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) GiantMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) GiantMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) GiantMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) GiantMonkey is just really nice. (+1000)
    An article I found on the penalties.

After the game in Minnesota this week and the Raiders' latest penalty fest, Head Coach Hue Jackson was extremely frustrated with the calls the officials made on the field. He also did not appreciate what he perceived as a lack of explanation he received for some of those calls. But did he have a legitimate gripe? We go to the tape and examine it.

Here is some of what Hue Jackson had to say after the game as he aired out his grievances:

"I am going to reach out to the league myself personally. I normally don't complain about officiating. I don't make any bones that way because I said I wouldn't. But today, I just truly felt like it was a little unfair. I really do.

"I understand that I am a rookie head coach, and maybe I don't get all those calls. And that is fine. But at the end of the day, I am going to protect my football team, too.

"I know everyone says we are the most penalized football team in football, and that's a fact, and I am not running from that. But there is no way that some things that happened today in that football game (happened)."

Originally I didn't see a whole lot of calls that would prompt such a strong reaction from Jackson. There were a lot of penalties on the Raiders in this game. Twelve for 117 yards to be exact. But committing a lot of penalties doesn't necessarily mean there was something fishy going on—even though the Raiders have long been the favorite target of the yellow hankies.

So I went back and looked a little closer. I broke down each and every penalty called on the Raiders (and if you think I am going to go through the entire game for no-calls, you are out of your mind). This is what I found.

The first penalty called on the Raiders came midway through the first quarter. Tommy Kelly rushed around the left edge and with his only free arm he reached out and pulled Christian Ponder to the ground. He was flagged for a blow to the head. The problem was, he never touched the quarterback's head. I have also seen similar armed takedowns by other defensive linemen on quarterback rushes that were called great plays. Ndamukong Suh had one last season on Mike Vick in a nearly identical play.

Verdict: Bullsh*t

On the very next play, Aaron Curry was called for a helmet to helmet hit to a defenseless receiver. Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph caught a short pass and Curry was there to hit him hard just after the ball arrived. The rule states that if the receiver makes a football move, he is no longer deemed a defenseless receiver. It appears as if Rudolph is able to make a football move. He catches the pass and lands and turns up field and Curry nails him. The problem here as I see it is not the officials so much as the rule. No review is allowed on such a call and with the naked eye the play happens so quickly, it is hard to know if a football move was made. There was no doubt about the helmet to helmet contact.

Verdict: Borderline

These two calls were part of what drew much of Hue Jackson's ire:

"You know, I don't even know what football is any more. I don't know what hitting is. I don't know what tackling is. I have been in this game a long time and I can't tell you what hitting or tackling is, or what a personal foul or even what anything is any more."

But to be fair, on the same drive the Vikings looked to have scored on a 35 yard touchdown only to have it called back for holding downfield. The penalty cost them 27 yards and the touchdown. So the officiating wasn't all against the Raiders.

But no sooner do I point out the balance in officiating than Tyvon Branch is called for a facemask penalty. Again the problem is that is just didn't happen. There was no facemask. Tyvon had the shoulder pad, plain and simple. The penalty yardage was tacked onto the catch and it put the Vikings at the 13 yard line where they scored a touchdown on the next play.

There was just one penalty called on the Raiders in the second quarter, which was part of the reason they were able to do most of their scoring in that quarter.

The only penalty was a holding by Jared Veldheer on NFL sack leader Jared Allen. And he sure held him, all right. Textbook holding.

Verdict: Legit

The third quarter had the Raiders on their best behavior as well. Or if you prefer: the refs on their best behavior.

There were two penalties. Demarcus Van Dyke was called for unsportsmanlike conduct for running out of bound on kick coverage. He did run out of bounds.

Then the Raiders got a little favoritism when Hue pointed out to the ref standing right next to him that Kyle Rudolph wasn't set at the snap and Rudolph was called for an illegal shift. The penalty negated a 15 yard gain by Rudolph in the play.

The other penalty was a Khalif Barnes false start. And, yeah, that definitely was a false start.

Then came the fourth quarter and the drive that really got Hue steamed.

The first penalty was Lito Sheppard being called for pass interference. The refs described it in the call by saying he grabbed the receiver's arm with the ball in the air. Yeah, he did it.

The next play Rolando McClain was called for illegal contact. There was no visual shown for me to say one way or the other. A few plays later Mike Mitchell was called for holding and they didn't show that either.

But the problem that Hue had with these calls was the lack of communication by the refs.

"As a head coach of this football team, I have to look out for my players also, and there was a string of calls there where I will go back and see them and review them. But at the end of the day, the description on what was said to me, I just didn't feel that (was satisfactory).

"Sometimes I would get brushed aside. Sometimes I would get talked to as if they didn't know what I was asking, and I just don't think that is fair. I asked several times for explanations and I wouldn't get them."

The biggest call on the drive was made on Desmond Bryant. Lito Sheppard had tackled the runner for a loss on a play the Raiders strung out. Bryant was on his way to help with the tackle and ensure its success, as defenders are taught to do. He was called for a blow to the head of the runner after he was down. Yes, the runner was down but first of all, there was no blow to the head. None whatsoever. Secondly, he let up when he got there. He didn't come down with all his weight on the runner with a late hit.

The next Raider penalty was Darryl Blackstock called for holding on the return. The call was one that should not have been made. It was hard to tell exactly what was seen as holding on the play, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a little jersey grabbing.

Verdict: Borderline

Again, the officials showed they were equal missed opportunity when they called the Vikings for defensive holding and illegal contact on the Raiders drive just as they had against the Raiders on the previous Vikings possession.

The final penalty was Shane Lechler being called for delay of game. That penalty was intentional to give Lechler more room to punt. No verdict necessary.

So of the 12 penalties called on the Raiders in this game, three were clearly bad calls. All of them involved blows to the head. Well, one was a facemask but that still involves the head and it was still a 15 yard penalty and automatic first down just like the others. There were also two borderline calls. Sure, Raider fans will argue that the borderline calls I mentioned were not borderline at all. But that is part of what makes them borderline—the eye of the beholder.

The beholder with the biggest grievance in this game was Hue Jackson. So did he have a legitimate gripe?

Verdict: Yes, I believe he does.

The blow to the head rules are fairly new and the officials are still having some difficulty translating them. They are quick to pull the flag when they even suspect it falls into the category of a blow to the head. That grey area typically does not favor the Raiders. When the three bad calls are all of the 15 yard variety, it really makes a big difference.

Also, Hue does have a right to an explanation just as the rest of us do. The penalties on the Vikings' late fourth quarter drive were coming on nearly every play, leading to a drive made up almost entirely of penalty yards, two of which remain unknown and not communicated and the other was a bad call.

The Raiders had already seen the Vikings score two touchdowns in the quarter to come within one score of the lead. It was only thanks to a Stanford Routt interception that the Vikings didn't take that penalty awarded drive for a touchdown to take the game.

If Hue's anger and speaking up calls attention to this, then it can only be a good thing.
    From here: http://tfdssports.com/2011-articles/...ate-gripe.html

My problem with the whole thing is this seems to happen every week where the Raiders get screwed, see the punt in SD last week.
    Member of the Raider Nation

Originally Posted by GiantMonkey View Post
    An article I found on the penalties.

From here: http://tfdssports.com/2011-articles/...ate-gripe.html

My problem with the whole thing is this seems to happen every week where the Raiders get screwed, see the punt in SD last week.
    I'm glad Hue finally spoke up. But this has been going on for decades...Raiders get questionable calls EVERY week. On top of that, the past few years, too many rules have been added and the refs are not competent enough to apply them properly. A flag should only be called on a clear, blatant rule violation. Otherwise, LET THEM PLAY.

Big game Sunday.....we need to be prepared for the ****ing QB option run....Bresnehan, you listening? Without Cutler, it should be close.

I think all 6 games are winnable (even the GB game). However, I can see us losing any of these 6 as well. I think going 3-3 (9-7 final record) should be enough for the division

Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by OCguy999 View Post
    Big game Sunday.....we need to be prepared for the ****ing QB option run....Bresnehan, you listening? Without Cutler, it should be close.

I think all 6 games are winnable (even the GB game). However, I can see us losing any of these 6 as well. I think going 3-3 (9-7 final record) should be enough for the division
    I agree. Will be in attendance of the GB game, blacked up from head to toe. The penalties won't stop for the Raiders though, it's tradition in the NFL for the Raiders to get screwed whenever possible.

robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000) robogain is a name known to all. (+5000)
    brb hanie going to rush for 50+ yds sunday
    ♦ Bay Area Crew ♦

Originally Posted by robogain View Post
    I'll seriously rage if this happens

FappingBrah is just really nice. (+1000) FappingBrah is just really nice. (+1000) FappingBrah is just really nice. (+1000) FappingBrah is just really nice. (+1000) FappingBrah is just really nice. (+1000) FappingBrah is just really nice. (+1000) FappingBrah is just really nice. (+1000) FappingBrah is just really nice. (+1000) FappingBrah is just really nice. (+1000) FappingBrah is just really nice. (+1000) FappingBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    hanie's not mobile we will rock him if he tries to scramble
    i rep back - 1 million+

Bitches ain't say sh-t to me now they won't leave me alone
    Used to walk the other way now they all come to my home

Originally Posted by FappingBrah View Post
    hanie's not mobile we will rock him if he tries to scramble
    I don't know much about the guy but I heard that he WAS mobile....anyone know? In any event, the guy is basically a rookie

Nick Miller just had an 88 yard punt return TD for the Rams! isthisreallife?

on the Raiders he had trouble fair catching the ball and averaged about 2 yards per punt return...wtf man

Catalunya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catalunya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catalunya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catalunya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catalunya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catalunya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catalunya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catalunya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catalunya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catalunya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catalunya is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    u guise scared of Caleb Haine?

Originally Posted by Catalunya View Post
    u guise scared of Caleb Haine?
    no.

we must protect this house
    ♦ Bay Area Crew ♦

Full reset brah pedobearu_aware's Avatar
    pedobearu_aware is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pedobearu_aware is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pedobearu_aware is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pedobearu_aware is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pedobearu_aware is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pedobearu_aware is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pedobearu_aware is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pedobearu_aware is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pedobearu_aware is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pedobearu_aware is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pedobearu_aware is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My roommate is a Bears fan. It is going to be a loud afternoon of football.

Special teams will be big......no big returns for Hester and the new guy Mcann has a history of fumbling...he's returning kickoffs and punts

Originally Posted by robogain View Post
    lol...Hanie had 5 rushes for 50 yards....good win though

kinda expected this to happen. our top 3 play makers are out. + bears D is insanely good in red zone.

still a good win. a win is a win is a win. duh

zing
    ♦ Bay Area Crew ♦

Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It was a good win but there's is damn sure room for improvement. I can't wait until the off season and all Al's boys are gone so the org can use that cap space on guys that actually perform.

xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Budly69 View Post
    It was a good win but there's is damn sure room for improvement. I can't wait until the off season and all Al's boys are gone so the org can use that cap space on guys that actually perform.
    lolwut? You make it sounds like every guy he had sucks.

At this point, there are just about no scholarship players he used to have..even Al himself took most of them out of the team in the past few seasons.
    Oakland Raiders! Just Win Baby!!
    *Always Pick 3 Crew*
    Orlando Magic!

Originally Posted by xzp View Post

At this point, there are just about no scholarship players he used to have..even Al himself took most of them out of the team in the past few seasons.
    I agree with this......I think Sam Williams might have been the last scholarship Al Davis guy....We don't really have anyone on the roster right now that is completely worthless. We could add talent/depth all over, but we have a solid group of young guys right now. DHB has become a decent WR, which is awesome on his part - the guy put in a lot of hard work.

Players that need to go-Bruce and Jason Campbell, Chris Johnson, Khalif Barnes, Tonga, Kevin Boss, and Chaz Schillens if he can't stay healthy. I don't mind J. Campbell but there isn't a need for him, wasted cap space. Bruce Campbell just isn't good enough, nor is Chris Johnson, Barnes, Tonga, or Boss. Unfortunately Mike Bush is probably gone as well, and I don't blame him. That said, with those players going bye-bye it will free up a lot of cap room to make for a great free agency, something Raiders fans don't usually get to see.

xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xzp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Budly69 View Post
    Players that need to go-Bruce and Jason Campbell, Chris Johnson, Khalif Barnes, Tonga, Kevin Boss, and Chaz Schillens if he can't stay healthy. I don't mind J. Campbell but there isn't a need for him, wasted cap space. Bruce Campbell just isn't good enough, nor is Chris Johnson, Barnes, Tonga, or Boss. Unfortunately Mike Bush is probably gone as well, and I don't blame him. That said, with those players going bye-bye it will free up a lot of cap room to make for a great free agency, something Raiders fans don't usually get to see.
    lmao, dude now your just hating...

Bruce Campbell is a young O-line prospect. Dude's making probably the minimum or close to it, and physically is probably one of the most gifted o-line guys in the league. And, had it not been for the injury in TC, he'd be our RT
    Jason Campbell...love to have him as a backup, if he stays.
    Chris Johnson NEEDS to restructure. If he restructures I'd love to keep him. He's a damn good nickel/dime guy if needed.
    Barnes has actually played well this season. He's one of the guys who's stepped up. (Despite the few penalties he gets)
    Tonga? Seriously? He was only active cuz Reece was injured. and he was decent. Besides he's gonna go back to the PS or be inactive.
    Boss was hurt. When healthy he can be better than Zach Miller.

Come on, there's nothing wrong with having those guys. Cap Space? We're the Raiders. When have we EVER had cap problems? We'll free up some cap space with DHB, Palmer & McFadden probably resturcturing. Spreading DHB's salary will give us around 4-5 mill in cap for next season, Palmer's making 11 mil. If they tack on a season and spread it out, that number for next season would PROBABLY be like 8. Extend mcfadden for same. Boom you just saved 12 mil.
    Oakland Raiders! Just Win Baby!!
    *Always Pick 3 Crew*
    Orlando Magic!

lmao, dude now your just hating...

Bruce Campbell is a young O-line prospect. Dude's making probably the minimum or close to it, and physically is probably one of the most gifted o-line guys in the league. And, had it not been for the injury in TC, he'd be our RT
    Jason Campbell...love to have him as a backup, if he stays.
    Chris Johnson NEEDS to restructure. If he restructures I'd love to keep him. He's a damn good nickel/dime guy if needed.
    Barnes has actually played well this season. He's one of the guys who's stepped up. (Despite the few penalties he gets)
    Tonga? Seriously? He was only active cuz Reece was injured. and he was decent. Besides he's gonna go back to the PS or be inactive.
    Boss was hurt. When healthy he can be better than Zach Miller.

Come on, there's nothing wrong with having those guys. Cap Space? We're the Raiders. When have we EVER had cap problems? We'll free up some cap space with DHB, Palmer & McFadden probably resturcturing. Spreading DHB's salary will give us around 4-5 mill in cap for next season, Palmer's making 11 mil. If they tack on a season and spread it out, that number for next season would PROBABLY be like 8. Extend mcfadden for same. Boom you just saved 12 mil.
    Barksdale>B. Campbell, no hate. I was a huge supporter of drafting him but he has said he won't move to guard and isn't going to beat out Veldheer or Barksdale for the job at either tackle.

J. Campbell would be a great backup, but I don't think he would accept the role, to me it seemed like a giant middle finger to him from Hue when he broke the bank to get Palmer.

CJ just needs to go, Chekwa/DVD will be good enough at the nickel when needed, I personally think Chekwa will be a damn good corner after a year or two.

Khalif Barnes phucking sucks, plain and simple. Langston Walker was the obvious choice and some how we got Barnes. He's better than Henderson was but he still needs to pls go. If Barnes were to go I wouldn't mind Campbell staying around, Campbell is capable of playing the 3rd tackle/TE spot on short yardage/goal line.

Boss hasn't done a damn thing this year, hurt or no phucking hurt he hasn't done sh!t. I never got the feeling he was a long term answer for Hue anyway, just a stop gap solution until a replacement could be found.

I'm not saying the Raiders usually have cap problems but a good team utilizes all the cap room it has to get better talent. All of us Raiders faithful know that the Raiders has the best young, talented foundation in the league. I personally believe whole heartedly that the Raiders are just a couple key players shy of being legit Super Bowl contenders. With the cap room available after cutting the aforementioned players and Bush leaving I don't feel as if the Raiders would have any trouble finding said key players.