dhiyay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Increase bicep and tricep growth and definition

hey guys

just a quick a question, i been training since july 2007 and have seen some good growth. however my bicep and tricep growth is still lacking againest other body parts.
    it would be great if you guys can give me any tips and information (exercises and/or nutritional) on how to build mass on my arms and get good definition because the summer is just round the corner and really want to fill the sleeves of my t-shirt

Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd also be interested in knowing some really good exercises for growth.. I definitely have the definition however still lacking in growth.

Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    get off the flat. decline and incline skull crushers super set with close grip press for the tris.

biceps i like to do dropsets. curl a heavy weight tell u can anymore for like 8-12 reps then drop them and go to a dumbell 10 lbs lighter and go at it again. if u want drop them and go 10 lbs lighter again and finish off again tell failure for the biceps. another good one to add mass on biceps, sit down and do barbell curls, have the bar on ur lap and curl it up, lets u use more weight cause its only "half of a curl"

ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat more and add resistance
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Your King

b631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) b631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) b631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) b631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) b631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) b631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) b631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) b631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) b631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) b631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) b631 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up a workout

I'll post a workout, but consider what ithurtz said, the only real way to get them to grow is to increase the weight, or do one more rep:
    the workout-
    Arm blaster

incline db curl
    skullcrusher

preacher
    cg bench

one arm preacher
    bench dip

one arm cable
    vbar pushdown

overhead curl
    rope extension

first set do round robin rest and pause at 5 (count to 5)
    2nd and third set superset bi and tri
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

When the stars make you drool just like pasta fajiole
    Thats amore
    Dean Martin

dhiyay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ryhatz8 View Post
    get off the flat. decline and incline skull crushers super set with close grip press for the tris.

biceps i like to do dropsets. curl a heavy weight tell u can anymore for like 8-12 reps then drop them and go to a dumbell 10 lbs lighter and go at it again. if u want drop them and go 10 lbs lighter again and finish off again tell failure for the biceps. another good one to add mass on biceps, sit down and do barbell curls, have the bar on ur lap and curl it up, lets u use more weight cause its only "half of a curl"

this routine sounds reasonable but when u say close grip how close should i hold the bar? can a ez bar also be used rather than barbell for the close grip press?

Pharmaceutical Grade JCarruth130's Avatar
    JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dhiyay View Post
    this routine sounds reasonable but when u say close grip how close should i hold the bar? can a ez bar also be used rather than barbell for the close grip press?
    its will be unstable with an ez bar, use the straight back, takes a bit more to balance b/c its longer but the straight bar isolates the bis wayyyyyy better, the ez bar is for ergonomics (sp?), the straight bar in a way keeps your forearms from doing alot of the work. good luck!

Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryhatz8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ez bar all the way. i totally disagree with the use of the straight bar JC. straight bar will lead to elbow problems. the wrists are naturally at an angle and the ez bar puts ur hands in that natural position.

mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    try heavy bb and preachers for 5-6 reps, 5 sets and lighter hammers and cables curls for 8-12 for 3 or 4 sets. for tri's, try heavy crushers, and cgbp, and light up on weighted dips, cable pull downs. i do this and give both their own days, on my back and chest days, i go really heavy on the compound to hit the tri's and bi's a bit more. has worked for me.

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation

Try this routine, both of my new gym partners gained 2 inches on there arms in 10 weeks.

Barbell curls 10-12, 8-10, 6-8, 6-8 reps (use an olympic bar and be very strict. On the last set after you've failed, swing the weight up to the top and do some very slow forced negatives. About 3 or 4)
    *superset bicep curls and machine dips*
    Machine Dips 10-12, 6-8, 6-8, 6-8 reps (lower the seat as far as possible and make sure your range of motion is complte. Squeeze your tricep as hard as you can at the end of every rep)

Preacher curls 6-8 reps x 4 sets (alternate close grip and wid grip every other set)
    *superset preacher curls and tricep pressdowns*
    W-bar Tricep pressdowns 8-12 reps x 4 sets (alternate grip between close grip and wide grip. Do not let the pressure come off of your triceps, which means when your arms raise dont let them go much higher than 90 degrees and really squeeze your triceps on each rep)

Alternate angle Wbar curls (8-12 reps x 4 sets) (this one requires a little imagination but its the best peaking exercise. Find a hyper extension station and do Wbar culrs while youre leaning forward about 20 degrees. It will put the hardest part of the motion at the higest part of the contraction which will add some hieght to your biceps)
    *super set wbar curls and tri exercise
    Rope extensions or standing DB tricep raises 8-12 reps x 4 sets

give arms their own day and try this routine out for 8 weeks, I promise you if you're eating right it will work. Took me 2 years to put a great arm routin together and this is my mass one. If you want my definition workout let ne know and I'll post it because I'm about to start it to really bring out my bi's and tri's
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142412021

Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hahah just look up Larry Scott and read.

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Attacus View Post
    Hahah just look up Larry Scott and read.
    Agreed. Read this.

http://www.larryscott.com/bio/newsletter/97summer_1.cfm
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Sweat Blood, Bleed Iron! TheStreetKing's Avatar
    TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dhiyay View Post
    hey guys

just a quick a question, i been training since july 2007 and have seen some good growth. however my bicep and tricep growth is still lacking againest other body parts.
    it would be great if you guys can give me any tips and information (exercises and/or nutritional) on how to build mass on my arms and get good definition because the summer is just round the corner and really want to fill the sleeves of my t-shirt
    Well if you really want to fill in the sleeve of the shirt then your going to want to add Mass. Try this.
    Triceps:
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Weighted Dips
    Skullcrushers
    Tricep Pushdowns.

Biceps:
    Barbell Curls
    Incline Dumbbell Curls
    Concentration Curls
    Finish with Hammer Curls
    My Gym is my Church, My Sweat is my Prayers, My Strength is my Salvation, I Am Animal.

Loyalty above all else, Except Honor!

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Straight barbell curls can agitate an elbow but honestly theyre more for mass than anything with an ez bar simpley because when you rotate your hands inward like that it brings yourforearms into play much more. Which is why hammer curls and reverse grip curls are so great for building your forearms. The biceps main function is actually to rotate the forearm 'people are gonna call me on this one, but look it up because im not making it up. If you dont have time for this try this... Put up a bicep pose with one arm and hold your bicep with your free hand, now rotate your hand back and forth and just feel your bicep move.' so when you do barbell curls with a straight bar and your hands are positioned like that it really hits the biceps much more effectively for mass. Im not trying to reinvent the wheel here, promise.
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA

Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ya its true better with bb. Use more isolation lifts

Less internet, more gym DontRevMe's Avatar
    DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    diet dictates muscle mass and body fat, you want to fill the sleeves?...fill the stomach

laalz is on a distinguished road. (+10) laalz is on a distinguished road. (+10) laalz is on a distinguished road. (+10) laalz is on a distinguished road. (+10) laalz is on a distinguished road. (+10) laalz is on a distinguished road. (+10) laalz is on a distinguished road. (+10) laalz is on a distinguished road. (+10) laalz is on a distinguished road. (+10) laalz is on a distinguished road. (+10) laalz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Remember Dhiyay .. specific exercises aren't the only answer to your problem with arm size. Diet is obviously just as important so if your goals revolve around mass make sure your carbohydrate intake is sufficient.

I personally like skull crushers as a mass builder for my arms ... with close grip presses done straight after my set of skull crushers using the same ez curl bar.

You can really feeeeeeeeel the burn!

Good luck!
    ON 100% Whey Protein
    Musashi Creatine Monohydrate
    Scivation Xtend Aminio Acids
    Blackmores Multivitamins
    VPX N.O Shotgun
    Nature's Own Fish Oil
    ZMA /Amino Acid Compound Mix
    .................. thinking about White Flood?

sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ryhatz8 View Post
    ez bar all the way. i totally disagree with the use of the straight bar JC. straight bar will lead to elbow problems. the wrists are naturally at an angle and the ez bar puts ur hands in that natural position.
    Originally Posted by Vigilante_Inc View Post
    Straight barbell curls can agitate an elbow but honestly theyre more for mass than anything with an ez bar simpley because when you rotate your hands inward like that it brings yourforearms into play much more.

Straight bar use vs. EZ bar use should be dictated based on individual structure. The valgus angle at your elbow determines whether using the straight bar will put your wrists/elbows in a compromised position.
    Don't think, just eat

Exclamation

We can make it very simple for everyone... is it excessively uncomfortable for you to use an olympic bar and do barbell curls... If yes then don't use them. Sometimes common sense in the gym can be your biggest tool. I wouldnt normally take such an aggressive stance on something like this but I wouldnt want anyone who was capable of doing them comfortably to miss out on potentially the best mass exercise for your biceps. Ive seen it time and time again where inexperienced lifters get scared of some of the best exercises because someone told them its dangerous. One of my workout parters had to do backday alone and someone in the gym told him that doing t-bar rows heavy WOULD lead to a herniated disc. Now I understand that poor form and heavy weights can cause injuries in this exercise but thats true for nearly every lift. Now I have to take reassure a relatively new lifter that this lift is safe. I see this way too often.
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA

DSilent1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DSilent1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DSilent1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DSilent1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DSilent1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DSilent1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DSilent1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DSilent1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DSilent1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DSilent1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DSilent1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Here

I see this question everyday now. Try the search function and read a few articles then try them out and see what works for you or you can use this link http://letmegooglethatforyou.com
    Rep 4 Rep.....u rep me I rep you back.

"I'm not making a banana bread, pastrami, cottage cheese sandwich, that would severely ruin my reputation" -Mitch Hedberg

OH-IO GO BUCKEYES

But if you want MASS then barbell curls and Incline DB curls are probably your best bet... And eat more lol... always eat more!
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA

JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just change your routine up often. From heavy weight to light weight high rep to low rep with different exercises.