helen397 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Just Wondering??

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering.

If you have a blowout at the weekend and eat waaaaaaaaaaay too many bad things how long does it take for the body to pile on the pounds and how quickly can you get it off!!!

Cheers

Helen XXX

jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends...

It's good to allow yourself to eat what you really want once in a while. Some people have cheat days or cheat meals one day a week for example.
    If you ate everything in site the entire weekend, you'll probably feel like crap but it won't magically show up as fat in a certain number of days.

If you do that every weekend, you will most likely start gaining weight. But if it's a one time thing, just get back on track eating clean and working out and you will be fine. And next time, try to limit yourself to going a little overboard on just one meal. If you plan when you're going to cheat, you can have what you want but still not go crazy and it will make it easier to eat clean the rest of the week. It'll also boost your metabolism by shocking your system all that food you havent been eating.

lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by helen397 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering.

If you have a blowout at the weekend and eat waaaaaaaaaaay too many bad things how long does it take for the body to pile on the pounds and how quickly can you get it off!!!

Cheers

Helen XXX
    The most damage you would have done would have been to your mind. You will probably notice negligible weight gain - most of which will be water that will take you about a week to shed. There is nothing wrong with splurging every now and again, unless you are gearing up for competition. BBing is about a lifestyle change - it needs to be sustainable. You need to be happy. However, its not good to binge/blowout and loose control over your relationship with food. You have to be able to let go of all the restrictive eating patterns once in a while - with out feeling guilty... as well as find a happy medium with normal eating schedule that isnt too strict so that you dont feel the need to binge/blowout. Use your now filled up glycogen stores to hit the gym super heavy this week and pile on the muscle!
    Proud first female member of the Manly Man Club!

Originally Posted by jecristragedy View Post
    It depends...

It's good to allow yourself to eat what you really want once in a while. Some people have cheat days or cheat meals one day a week for example.
    If you ate everything in site the entire weekend, you'll probably feel like crap but it won't magically show up as fat in a certain number of days.

If you do that every weekend, you will most likely start gaining weight. But if it's a one time thing, just get back on track eating clean and working out and you will be fine. And next time, try to limit yourself to going a little overboard on just one meal. If you plan when you're going to cheat, you can have what you want but still not go crazy and it will make it easier to eat clean the rest of the week. It'll also boost your metabolism by shocking your system all that food you havent been eating.

Thanks for your advice I feel a whole lot better now!!
    It can be hard at times cant it!!

All the best to you

jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, it gets hard. I havent gone off track in 3 weeks. But I just ordered a pizza, and I will eat the entire thing.

But its ok!

ehhh..

And thanks, same to you.

Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't plan a cheat day per se. I don't say, "Saturday is my cheat day" for example. Rather I eat clean all of the time unless an event comes up, like I go out for dinner with someone, or there is a potluck at work, or something like that. If I eat clean all the time then I can splurge when I really want to and not beat myself up about it. Believe me, you won't see the scale creep up from one cheat meal - or even one cheat day.

TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lupinecat View Post
    The most damage you would have done would have been to your mind. You will probably notice negligible weight gain - most of which will be water that will take you about a week to shed. There is nothing wrong with splurging every now and again, unless you are gearing up for competition. BBing is about a lifestyle change - it needs to be sustainable. You need to be happy. However, its not good to binge/blowout and loose control over your relationship with food. You have to be able to let go of all the restrictive eating patterns once in a while - with out feeling guilty... as well as find a happy medium with normal eating schedule that isnt too strict so that you dont feel the need to binge/blowout. Use your now filled up glycogen stores to hit the gym super heavy this week and pile on the muscle!
    So if you splurge a few days in a row what you're seeing is really more of water that you're retaining than actual fat?

rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i would say that a meal is one thing and a whole days of cheating another. but when you start saying a few days or a couple days i would be a little more concerned of holding onto some weight. if nothing else it will take you at least a week to get back down to where you were when you began your cheating...... so one week's hard work for nothing
    I'll take a 6 pack of abs please!!!!

Obesession is simply a word lazy people use to describe the DEDICATED!!!!

www.teamscivation.com

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109701391

PeanutButterMotherF*cker TankGirl's Avatar
    TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just had a birthday, and my work took me to an "all you can eat" chinese and thai restaurant. Dangerous! I decided to giv emyself a break, and ate everything I wanted to.. (in moderation!) It all tasted amazing, but afterwards I felt a bit bad like I'd just wasted all my recent efforts.

However, there were no adverse effects and for some reason I'm a pound lighter 2 days later than I was before I ate it all. Hahah... so I wouldn't worry, its all good. Your body deserves a treat every now and then.

As long as you're good to your body, it will be good to you!
    what would grok do?..

Currently: 5x5 stronglifts / 2-3 x per week sprints/crossfit

mojobig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojobig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheRockShow182 View Post
    So if you splurge a few days in a row what you're seeing is really more of water that you're retaining than actual fat?
    That's what I like to tell myself :-)

If I feel desperate and like I have to know how much damage I have done, I go ahead and figure out the calories (or at least a close estimate). I have to watch my weight closely, so nothing goes into my mouth mindlessly. Anyway, add it up. To gain one pound of bodyfat, you need to eat 3,500 calories. Anything you feel guilty about eating is very likely to also cause water weight gain.
    I hate monday morning weigh-ins :-(
    I'm going through the trauma today, too.

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sambakitten View Post
    I don't plan a cheat day per se. I don't say, "Saturday is my cheat day" for example. Rather I eat clean all of the time unless an event comes up, like I go out for dinner with someone, or there is a potluck at work, or something like that. If I eat clean all the time then I can splurge when I really want to and not beat myself up about it. Believe me, you won't see the scale creep up from one cheat meal - or even one cheat day.
    This is what I do now. I used to have a planed cheat day. What would happen is I would have my cheat day and then in the next day or two something would come up and I end up have more that one cheat in a week.

Thanks for your replies everyone, this topic is getting very interesting!!

Another little question!

Why do we get water retension after we have had a splurge!!

Cheers

Helen XXX

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by helen397 View Post
    Thanks for your replies everyone, this topic is getting very interesting!!

Another little question!

Why do we get water retension after we have had a splurge!!

Cheers

Helen XXX
    I get alot of water retension from carbs and sodium. When I splurge I usually get more carbs and sodium than I normally do.

Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 1972girl View Post
    I get alot of water retension from carbs and sodium. When I splurge I usually get more carbs and sodium than I normally do.
    X2

Splurging is usually on processed food (unless your splurging on fruit & veggies, but I don't think you'd be so worried then ) There is a higher sodium count in most processed foods, as well as carbs.

Did you know that for every 1 gram of carbs you can hold up to 3 grams of water??

Anyways, this and the sodium just makes for killer retention & bloating...
    ((Do you ever notice that you have to go to the bathroom 10x as much the next day??))

Hope this helps

TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Myxomatosis View Post
    X2

Splurging is usually on processed food (unless your splurging on fruit & veggies, but I don't think you'd be so worried then ) There is a higher sodium count in most processed foods, as well as carbs.

Did you know that for every 1 gram of carbs you can hold up to 3 grams of water??

Anyways, this and the sodium just makes for killer retention & bloating...
    ((Do you ever notice that you have to go to the bathroom 10x as much the next day??))

Hope this helps
    Interesting... this makes me wonder. Maybe I should cut out rice? I eat very little carbs due to my corn and gluten allergies but I do eat rice almost everyday (about 1-1.5 cups). I tend to be carb sensitive though and retain water quite easily.

Do you think cutting out rice would make a difference?

Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myxomatosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting... this makes me wonder. Maybe I should cut out rice? I eat very little carbs due to my corn and gluten allergies but I do eat rice almost everyday (about 1-1.5 cups). I tend to be carb sensitive though and retain water quite easily.

Do you think cutting out rice would make a difference?
    Honestly, IMO, if the is your only source (other than veggies of course) of carbs, I would keep it in. We do need SOME grainy carbs as well, it helps our brain processes. And, of course, if it's brown rice. I eat brown rice almost every day at lunch. (It helps if you eat your grainy carbs am to mid-afternoon too)
    I'm assuming you're drinking enough water?? That will help flush out some of the retention as well...

Originally Posted by Myxomatosis View Post
    Honestly, IMO, if the is your only source (other than veggies of course) of carbs, I would keep it in. We do need SOME grainy carbs as well, it helps our brain processes. And, of course, if it's brown rice. I eat brown rice almost every day at lunch. (It helps if you eat your grainy carbs am to mid-afternoon too)
    I'm assuming you're drinking enough water?? That will help flush out some of the retention as well...

Thanks for the response I do enjoy my rice and if I were to cut it out I would probably feel like a bunny rabbit from just eating leafy greens to get my carbs.

I usually drink between 128oz. and 160oz. a day depending on how much I work out though it's been more lately though since I've been lifting more often

Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have to admit I cut out the rice recently and I have found that I get enough carbs from my fruits and protein shakes. Now that I am getting so painfully close to my goal the weight is also moving painfully slow.

In fact I've dropped all starches out of my diet including bananas in favor of strawberries (much less starch).

I went off the deep end once and I didnt gain a pound. For three days I ate like utter crap. I watched the scale and not a thing changed. Which can be just as bad in the long run since you want to see those pounds drop.

It's crunch time for me. My goal end is coming up and I am still in the 160's. So any little bit helps. It's been a great learning experience.

Thanks for the response I do enjoy my rice and if I were to cut it out I would probably feel like a bunny rabbit from just eating leafy greens to get my carbs.

I usually drink between 128oz. and 160oz. a day depending on how much I work out though it's been more lately though since I've been lifting more often
    No Problem I love my rice too (I was actually cooking some last night while I wrote that!!)

Originally Posted by Devisissy View Post
    I have to admit I cut out the rice recently and I have found that I get enough carbs from my fruits and protein shakes. Now that I am getting so painfully close to my goal the weight is also moving painfully slow.

In fact I've dropped all starches out of my diet including bananas in favor of strawberries (much less starch).

I went off the deep end once and I didnt gain a pound. For three days I ate like utter crap. I watched the scale and not a thing changed. Which can be just as bad in the long run since you want to see those pounds drop.

It's crunch time for me. My goal end is coming up and I am still in the 160's. So any little bit helps. It's been a great learning experience.
    Are you carb cycling??